|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through We Have Opened You.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumi states that "the human shape is a _______ made of distraction and pain, trying to open the image of itself."
2. The poet compares himself to a __________, stripped of its petals and of its leaves, within one of the poems.
(b) Rose hip.
3. Rumi notes there is only one search in the world: "___________ this world is wandering that..."
4. Rumi compares daily spiritual practice to continuing to knock at a ___________ to eventually contact the joy inside.
5. Rumi speaks of the surrendering to __________ which brings light to all one's flaws, within one of his poems.
Short Answer Questions
1. The writer continues to tell the reader to keep working, searching for __________ in the daily practice.
2. Rumi's mystical work was contained within the patterns of ______ Sufism but the life was witness to the boundless universality of the heart.
3. Barks talks in his commentary about the mysterious "________" in the poem, though he defines it differently.
4. Then, according to Rumi, the student felt love and became the __________ cast by the light of the teacher.
5. The poet notes that he is nothing, not from an origin story, not body or __________, according to the writing.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)