|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through We Have Opened You.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumi's "story gets told in various ways" including all of the following except________. He recommends that others not get too close to him.
(a) A dirty joke.
(b) A war.
(c) A romance.
(d) A funeral.
2. Not doing the work God sent you to do is like "pounding a _____ of the finest tempering to hang things on."
3. The poet quotes Muhammad in one of the poems, saying that he will come take a person before _________.
4. The poet compares himself to a __________, stripped of its petals and of its leaves, within one of the poems.
(c) Rose hip.
5. When Rumi regained consciousness, he stated that _______ was the greater because he realized the breadth of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. When asked how long he would remain in pain, Rumi answered that he was a _________ and his friend was the whole night.
2. __________ is the character Rumi describes as a metalworker, making new shapes out of locks and chains.
3. Anyone or anything that is loved reflects the lover's ____________, according to Barks in relation to the Sufis.
4. Rumi sent his son _______ to bring back his exiled companion. He was found playing cards with the future St. Francis of Assisi.
5. Rumi notes that everywhere a reader goes, they will perceive others as they themselves are, just as a _________ will ignore the amazing city of Baghdad.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)