|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through We Have Opened You.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rumi's teacher would wash his hands, the water would turn to ___________, according to Rumi.
2. Not doing the work God sent you to do is like "pounding a _____ of the finest tempering to hang things on."
3. Rumi encourages the reader to be the __________ nearest the thorn that he is, according to his writing.
4. Rumi realizes that in all of his searching, he has actually been waiting to be _________ as opposed to brought inside.
(a) Let out.
5. Rumi asks the reader to let their _______ move them, playing music instead of reading as they go along.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumi notes that everywhere a reader goes, they will perceive others as they themselves are, just as a _________ will ignore the amazing city of Baghdad.
2. The _____ in which Joseph sits in darkness at the bottom of is recognized as a visionary place.
3. The __________ of the world around Rumi will become his clothes and his jewels, according to the teachings of Rumi's teacher.
4. _________, according to Rumi, will tend to accumulate while the real work is going on elsewhere.
5. Rumi notes there is nothing worse than going to ______ without another person, the vague 'you.'
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)