|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through We Have Opened You.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "The Prophets" the people wonder "How long should we keep pounding this cold _____?"
2. Rumi's students saw ______ as a madman and he was eventually forced out of the area.
3. ______ means the sun, and Rumi often referred to him in his poetry which he began writing after his friend's death.
4. According to the book, Rumi lived by the idea that _______ is the religion instead of being tied to a particular paradigm.
5. The __________ is the reason for the praying, according to Allah, as Rumi recollects in one of his poems.
Short Answer Questions
1. In one of the poems Rumi states, "We are charlatans... or maybe just a ______ hair brush in a painter's hand."
2. A baby __________ hears a whistling and is thus driven to fly into the sky, according to Rumi.
3. Rumi advises the reader to disappear with the _________ each month and to bend like a tree limb.
4. Rumi suggests "My _____ is from elsewhere. Whoever brought me here will have to take me home."
5. Rumi uses the metaphor of being sent to do a task by a King, and forgetting in the poem "The _____ Work".
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)