|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through I Have Such a Teacher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumi advises the reader to disappear with the _________ each month and to bend like a tree limb.
2. Shams points out that what everyone is actually worshiping is ___________, rather than a higher being.
(b) A song.
(c) An idea.
(d) Each other.
3. ______ means the sun, and Rumi often referred to him in his poetry which he began writing after his friend's death.
4. According to the book, the eye is for _______; the soul for joy. The head is for loving; the legs for running.
5. The _____________ who are there in the orchard do not matter, according to Rumi, along with the light and the wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumi's students saw ______ as a madman and he was eventually forced out of the area.
2. Rumi stops his list of things which he uses to describe a friend within his poem in order to ______________.
3. Rumi urges the reader to let go of the _____, the covering clothes, and to be naked in the world, according to his writing.
4. When Rumi died, he was mourned by members of all of the following religious groups except _______.
5. In the poem "The Prophets" the people wonder "How long should we keep pounding this cold _____?"
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)