|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through I Have Such a Teacher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poet says the he would die into _______, as clouds might disappear into the sun, according to his writings.
(d) The moon.
2. According to the book, when Rumi realized the greatness of Shams, he fell off his _______ unconscious.
3. Rumi suggests that "sitting in hell at the bottom of the dark, we are afraid of our own ________."
4. Rumi points out that while others are laughing and dancing, there are few who will hear the ________ hidden within the notes.
5. Rumi became joyous, and then died, and then became a fool, according to his writing, and then became scattered _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In one of the poems, ______ cuts open a fish and discovers a gold ring. Omar storms in to kill the prophet.
2. Rumi realizes that in all of his searching, he has actually been waiting to be _________ as opposed to brought inside.
3. Whose table is spread with better food when a person fasts, according to Rumi?
4. The _________ represents the imagination where the spiritual journey takes place, according to Rumi.
5. Rumi sent his son _______ to bring back his exiled companion. He was found playing cards with the future St. Francis of Assisi.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)