|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through I Have Such a Teacher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man compares himself to a __________ in the sunrise, saying that he is lost in his lover's reflection.
2. Shams asks Rumi who is greater, Muhammad the messenger of God, or ______ a mystic who claimed to be one with God.
3. The story of Joseph focuses on the loss of his _____ of many colors that has false blood on it to convince people of his death.
4. Who is the madman that wields a knife, the thing which is a nihilist that embraces destruction?
5. Every day, Rumi says, people wake up with _________, but they need to continue to walk their spiritual path.
Short Answer Questions
1. The __________ is the reason for the praying, according to Allah, as Rumi recollects in one of his poems.
2. Rumi believes humans have an inherent instinct to be on a ___________, just a a bird is driven to fly.
3. Rumi suggests that human beings are like "some weird kind of ______ that wants to stay melted in the furnace."
4. Love is more than an old study of _________, according to the writing of Rumi in this section.
5. __________ makes Rumi fierce and tender, according to his own admission in one of his poems.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)