|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through I Have Such a Teacher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The writer continues to tell the reader to keep working, searching for __________ in the daily practice.
2. Rumi asserts in his poems that "the miracle of ______ is himself, not what he said or did about the future."
3. Rumi says that humans should explore the reality of ____________, the grittiness of the soul and not live in the ideal.
4. Who is the madman that wields a knife, the thing which is a nihilist that embraces destruction?
5. Rumi urges the reader to let go of the _____, the covering clothes, and to be naked in the world, according to his writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Not doing the work God sent you to do is like "pounding a _____ of the finest tempering to hang things on."
2. Rumi gives a definition for what we are, "You are the strange business. You have the energy of the ______ in you."
3. Rumi suggests that people listen to his message with the ear that is in the center of the _______.
4. Rumi points out that while others are laughing and dancing, there are few who will hear the ________ hidden within the notes.
5. Rumi met his companion Shams of _______ , described as a "street boddhisattva", in the marketplace.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)