|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through There Is a Breathing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumi's "story gets told in various ways" including all of the following except________. He recommends that others not get too close to him.
(a) A dirty joke.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A romance.
(d) A war.
2. _______ was sold by his brothers into slavery in Egypt , gradually came to power there, and made a complicated trade route.
3. Fullness _______ the soul, while emptiness frees it, according to the writing of Rumi in the poem.
4. The Egyptian woman that is in love with Joseph is known as _______, clings to his shirt and tears it from his back.
5. The "___" is an illusion, according to Rumi, and this is why this part needs to be removed from the experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumi's students saw ______ as a madman and he was eventually forced out of the area.
2. Rumi notes that the miracle of Jesus is ______, not what he did or said about the future, according to the poems.
3. Rumi doesn't want "wealth and position." He suggests that in this matter he is "______ resisting the most enormous magnet there is."
4. Rumi suggests that people listen to his message with the ear that is in the center of the _______.
5. A baby __________ hears a whistling and is thus driven to fly into the sky, according to Rumi.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)