|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through There Is a Breathing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sufis are loved the world over for reminding us that the glory is our ______ reality and the opposite is a kind of language for expressing it.
2. The man compares himself to a __________ in the sunrise, saying that he is lost in his lover's reflection.
3. In a poem, Rumi asks the lion of the ________ to roar and rend open the writer, according to the content of the poem.
4. Rumi gives a definition for what we are, "You are the strange business. You have the energy of the ______ in you."
5. In one of the poems Rumi states, "We are charlatans... or maybe just a ______ hair brush in a painter's hand."
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumi's poetry can be thought of as a conversation with _______, a discussion of what it is to be together in God.
2. Rumi met his companion Shams of _______ , described as a "street boddhisattva", in the marketplace.
3. Anger is the main topic that Rumi explores in the poem entitled "A ______ Sky Hates the Moon."
4. Rumi believes humans have an inherent instinct to be on a ___________, just a a bird is driven to fly.
5. Shams asks Rumi who is greater, Muhammad the messenger of God, or ______ a mystic who claimed to be one with God.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)