|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through There Is a Breathing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumi realizes that in all of his searching, he has actually been waiting to be _________ as opposed to brought inside.
(d) Let out.
2. Fullness _______ the soul, while emptiness frees it, according to the writing of Rumi in the poem.
3. Rumi's "story gets told in various ways" including all of the following except________. He recommends that others not get too close to him.
(a) A war.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A romance.
(d) A dirty joke.
4. Rumi points out that while others are laughing and dancing, there are few who will hear the ________ hidden within the notes.
5. Rumi suggests that people listen to his message with the ear that is in the center of the _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumi describes a ______ that wakes up one day to discover that he is "the entire vineyard, and the orchard too."
2. The writer continues to tell the reader to keep working, searching for __________ in the daily practice.
3. When Rumi died, he was mourned by members of all of the following religious groups except _______.
4. Rumi gives a definition for what we are, "You are the strange business. You have the energy of the ______ in you."
5. The pull of love is something Rumi compares to a ________, urging the reader to realize learning is about more than just books.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)