|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through There Is a Breathing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumi states "This _____ began in some other tavern. When I get back around to that place I will be completely sober."
2. Rumi suggests "My _____ is from elsewhere. Whoever brought me here will have to take me home."
3. In one poem, Rumi begins to describe two lovers who are ___________ and drinking water.
4. Rumi met his companion Shams of _______ , described as a "street boddhisattva", in the marketplace.
5. Rumi was able to take all the usual existential issues that human beings face on a daily basis and change them to ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumi slipped back into what ______ the Greek called the whole catastrophe as a living example of another possibility for life.
2. Rumi suggests that people listen to his message with the ear that is in the center of the _______.
3. The Egyptian woman that is in love with Joseph is known as _______, clings to his shirt and tears it from his back.
4. Rumi's mystical work was contained within the patterns of ______ Sufism but the life was witness to the boundless universality of the heart.
5. Rumi asserts in his poems that "the miracle of ______ is himself, not what he said or did about the future."
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)