|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through There Is a Breathing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumi was able to take all the usual existential issues that human beings face on a daily basis and change them to ______.
2. Rumi notes there is nothing worse than going to ______ without another person, the vague 'you.'
(d) Walk along the street.
3. Rumi suggests that people listen to his message with the ear that is in the center of the _______.
4. Shams asks Rumi who is greater, Muhammad the messenger of God, or ______ a mystic who claimed to be one with God.
5. In one of the poems, ______ cuts open a fish and discovers a gold ring. Omar storms in to kill the prophet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumi describes the journey a person must make as drinking ______ like water and eating sunset, in his poems.
2. The poet quotes Muhammad in one of the poems, saying that he will come take a person before _________.
3. Rumi states, in "The Prophets" no one knows if the _______ will sink or reach the harbor.
4. Those who do not wake to the truth, according to Rumi, are those who do not embrace the beauty of __________.
5. "______ think they're looking for each other, but there's only one search: wandering the world."
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)