|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through There Is a Breathing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumi asserts in his poems that "the miracle of ______ is himself, not what he said or did about the future."
2. Rumi's students saw ______ as a madman and he was eventually forced out of the area.
3. Not doing the work God sent you for is the equivalent of "using a _____ bowl to cook turnips in.
4. The ________ breath brings a presence, through the head to the heart, with a mantra, "God alone is real."
5. Rumi states "This _____ began in some other tavern. When I get back around to that place I will be completely sober."
Short Answer Questions
1. The _________ represents the imagination where the spiritual journey takes place, according to Rumi.
2. In the poem "The Prophets" the people wonder "How long should we keep pounding this cold _____?"
3. The "___" is an illusion, according to Rumi, and this is why this part needs to be removed from the experience.
4. When Rumi regained consciousness, he stated that _______ was the greater because he realized the breadth of God.
5. In a poem, Rumi asks the lion of the ________ to roar and rend open the writer, according to the content of the poem.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)