|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Come to the Orchard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumi's students saw ______ as a madman and he was eventually forced out of the area.
2. Rumi instructs us to "consider what the prophets have done. ______ wore fire for an anklet, Moses spoke to the sea."
3. Anger is the main topic that Rumi explores in the poem entitled "A ______ Sky Hates the Moon."
4. Rumi notes there is nothing worse than going to ______ without another person, the vague 'you.'
(b) Walk along the street.
5. A baby __________ hears a whistling and is thus driven to fly into the sky, according to Rumi.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _________ represents the imagination where the spiritual journey takes place, according to Rumi.
2. Rumi realizes that in all of his searching, he has actually been waiting to be _________ as opposed to brought inside.
3. Rumi suggests not doing the work God sent you for is "like using a priceless Indian _____ to cut rotten meat."
4. From talking to a ______ to eating cabbage broth, Rumi says that the tasks of everyday life bring a person into a spiritual realm.
5. "Sufis adore the darkness of the deep night, like the blackness of the ______ cloth, when conversation with the divine is easiest."
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)