|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Come to the Orchard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The journey is a practice of ____________, rather than studying or learning with logic from the mind.
2. Rumi was able to take all the usual existential issues that human beings face on a daily basis and change them to ______.
3. In one of the poems Rumi states, "We are charlatans... or maybe just a ______ hair brush in a painter's hand."
4. Rumi asks the reader to let their _______ move them, playing music instead of reading as they go along.
5. Rumi urges the reader to let go of the _____, the covering clothes, and to be naked in the world, according to his writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "The Prophets" the people wonder "How long should we keep pounding this cold _____?"
2. Not doing the work God sent you to do is like "pounding a _____ of the finest tempering to hang things on."
3. From talking to a ______ to eating cabbage broth, Rumi says that the tasks of everyday life bring a person into a spiritual realm.
4. The pull of love is something Rumi compares to a ________, urging the reader to realize learning is about more than just books.
5. Rumi lived most of his life in ______ Turkey which at the time was a great meeting place for many different cultures.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)