|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Come to the Orchard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the book, when Rumi realized the greatness of Shams, he fell off his _______ unconscious.
2. Those who do not wake to the truth, according to Rumi, are those who do not embrace the beauty of __________.
3. In one of the poems, ______ cuts open a fish and discovers a gold ring. Omar storms in to kill the prophet.
4. Rumi slipped back into what ______ the Greek called the whole catastrophe as a living example of another possibility for life.
5. Rumi encourages the reader to be the __________ nearest the thorn that he is, according to his writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumi's students saw ______ as a madman and he was eventually forced out of the area.
2. Rumi's mystical work was contained within the patterns of ______ Sufism but the life was witness to the boundless universality of the heart.
3. Rumi sent his son _______ to bring back his exiled companion. He was found playing cards with the future St. Francis of Assisi.
4. Who is the spiritual leader who is approached in order to see how a person might be coaxed into learning?
5. In one of the poems Rumi states, "We are charlatans... or maybe just a ______ hair brush in a painter's hand."
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)