|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Come to the Orchard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rumi regained consciousness, he stated that _______ was the greater because he realized the breadth of God.
2. "______ think they're looking for each other, but there's only one search: wandering the world."
3. Rumi's students saw ______ as a madman and he was eventually forced out of the area.
4. _______ was sold by his brothers into slavery in Egypt , gradually came to power there, and made a complicated trade route.
5. Rumi slipped back into what ______ the Greek called the whole catastrophe as a living example of another possibility for life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumi describes a ______ that wakes up one day to discover that he is "the entire vineyard, and the orchard too."
2. Rumi asks when seeing the birds flying in frenzied patterns whether the one he _______ is everywhere.
3. Every day, Rumi says, people wake up with _________, but they need to continue to walk their spiritual path.
4. Rumi urges the reader to let go of the _____, the covering clothes, and to be naked in the world, according to his writing.
5. Rumi notes that the miracle of Jesus is ______, not what he did or said about the future, according to the poems.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)