|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rise Up Nimbly and Go on Your Strange Journey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since the reed was cut from the bed, it has made a ___________ sound, according to the description by Rumi.
2. When Rumi regained consciousness, he stated that _______ was the greater because he realized the breadth of God.
3. Rumi sent his son _______ to bring back his exiled companion. He was found playing cards with the future St. Francis of Assisi.
(b) Sultan Balkh.
(c) Sultan Veled.
4. Rumi suggests that human beings are like "some weird kind of ______ that wants to stay melted in the furnace."
5. According to the book, Rumi lived by the idea that _______ is the religion instead of being tied to a particular paradigm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sufis are loved the world over for reminding us that the glory is our ______ reality and the opposite is a kind of language for expressing it.
2. Rumi uses the metaphor of being sent to do a task by a King, and forgetting in the poem "The _____ Work".
3. Rumi describes a ______ that wakes up one day to discover that he is "the entire vineyard, and the orchard too."
4. Rumi's "story gets told in various ways" including all of the following except________. He recommends that others not get too close to him.
5. "______ think they're looking for each other, but there's only one search: wandering the world."
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)