|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Whole Catastrophe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumi lived most of his life in ______ Turkey which at the time was a great meeting place for many different cultures.
2. Rumi states "This _____ began in some other tavern. When I get back around to that place I will be completely sober."
3. Rumi suggests that "sitting in hell at the bottom of the dark, we are afraid of our own ________."
4. Rumi gives a definition for what we are, "You are the strange business. You have the energy of the ______ in you."
5. Rumi refers to the field that develops between the formless source and form ______ a personified image.
(a) The father.
(b) The mother.
(c) The daughter.
(d) The friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Egyptian woman that is in love with Joseph is known as _______, clings to his shirt and tears it from his back.
2. ______ was killed on December 5, 1247, after being exiled and returning on several different occasions.
3. Rumi suggests that people listen to his message with the ear that is in the center of the _______.
4. Rumi suggests that human beings are like "some weird kind of ______ that wants to stay melted in the furnace."
5. When Rumi died, he was mourned by members of all of the following religious groups except _______.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)