|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Come Back, My Friend.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumi speaks in the poem mentioned in #157 about a _________ bringing him back to this lost connection.
2. Rumi states that "the human shape is a _______ made of distraction and pain, trying to open the image of itself."
3. Rumi slipped back into what ______ the Greek called the whole catastrophe as a living example of another possibility for life.
4. What is the game that Rumi and Shams played, according to Barks, which brought them closer together?
(a) Truth or Dare.
5. Rumi decided to answer that he wrote so much because no ________ came from the radiance inside of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _____ in which Joseph sits in darkness at the bottom of is recognized as a visionary place.
2. Rumi challenges us to "work in the ______ world as hard as we do in the visible" and to "be a companion with the prophets."
3. ______ was killed on December 5, 1247, after being exiled and returning on several different occasions.
4. A baby __________ hears a whistling and is thus driven to fly into the sky, according to Rumi.
5. The ________ breath brings a presence, through the head to the heart, with a mantra, "God alone is real."
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)