|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Come Back, My Friend.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poet says the he would die into _______, as clouds might disappear into the sun, according to his writings.
(d) The moon.
2. "Sufis adore the darkness of the deep night, like the blackness of the ______ cloth, when conversation with the divine is easiest."
3. Rumi's poem begins by stating that this state of being is the only _______ of which he knows.
4. Rumi's "story gets told in various ways" including all of the following except________. He recommends that others not get too close to him.
(a) A funeral.
(b) A war.
(c) A dirty joke.
(d) A romance.
5. Rumi uses the metaphor of being sent to do a task by a King, and forgetting in the poem "The _____ Work".
Short Answer Questions
1. The poet notes that he is nothing, not from an origin story, not body or __________, according to the writing.
2. Joseph gives his Egyptian shirt to his ______ to lay over the eyes of Jacob, whose vision is then restored.
3. Bawa's teachings not only encouraged Barks, but they also encouraged Barks to bring Rumi to ____________.
4. Love is more than an old study of _________, according to the writing of Rumi in this section.
5. Rumi describes love as many things which come to his heart, like a thousand ____________ in one grain.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)