|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Come Back, My Friend.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumi talks to the reader about the desired kiss as the _________ coming up into the lips of a person.
2. According to the book, Rumi lived by the idea that _______ is the religion instead of being tied to a particular paradigm.
3. ______ was killed on December 5, 1247, after being exiled and returning on several different occasions.
4. Rumi notes there is nothing worse than going to ______ without another person, the vague 'you.'
(c) Walk along the street.
5. Rumi states that "the human shape is a _______ made of distraction and pain, trying to open the image of itself."
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumi states, in "The Prophets" no one knows if the _______ will sink or reach the harbor.
2. Rumi confesses to wanting to have his teacher's __________ in order that he might fly too.
3. Rumi asks the reader to make a __________, abhorring spiritual windowshoppers who are not giving fully of themselves.
4. Rumi asks when seeing the birds flying in frenzied patterns whether the one he _______ is everywhere.
5. The poet has to ask Shams and _________ to help him, since he is partly within himself and partly outside of himself.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)