|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Come Back, My Friend.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumi says that he does not regret love or passion, but owners everyone's __________, according to the writing.
2. Bawa lived alone in a ________ before beginning to teach in Sri Lanka in the 1940s before moving to Philadelphia.
(c) Cave dwelling.
3. The spiritual journey discussed by Shams and Rumi is one in which one needs to break down the self to find the basic roots of _________ in humanity.
4. Not doing the work God sent you to do is like "pounding a _____ of the finest tempering to hang things on."
5. When one begins to break down, Rumi says this is _________ and a feeling of being outside of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ________ breath brings a presence, through the head to the heart, with a mantra, "God alone is real."
2. In one of the poems, ______ cuts open a fish and discovers a gold ring. Omar storms in to kill the prophet.
3. Rumi's poetry can be thought of as a conversation with _______, a discussion of what it is to be together in God.
4. The poets asks for a __________ to climb into the Friend, and the response is that this item is in the person's head.
5. Who is the spiritual leader who is approached in order to see how a person might be coaxed into learning?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)