|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Come Back, My Friend.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poet says that he is a letter to everyone around him, a letter which says, "_______" according to the poet.
2. In the poem "The Prophets" the people wonder "How long should we keep pounding this cold _____?"
3. Lovers have to ________________, but they will find something of infinite value, according to the writing of Rumi.
(a) Fall into a hole.
(b) Fight with each other.
(d) Know the truth.
4. ______ means the sun, and Rumi often referred to him in his poetry which he began writing after his friend's death.
5. Rumi notes there is only one search in the world: "___________ this world is wandering that..."
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumi decided to answer that he wrote so much because no ________ came from the radiance inside of him.
2. Fullness _______ the soul, while emptiness frees it, according to the writing of Rumi in the poem.
3. The poet speaks of happiness for an unknown reason, and it becomes easy to ______, though the joy is inexplicable.
4. The _________ represents the imagination where the spiritual journey takes place, according to Rumi.
5. According to the book, when Rumi realized the greatness of Shams, he fell off his _______ unconscious.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)