|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Come to the Orchard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A baby __________ hears a whistling and is thus driven to fly into the sky, according to Rumi.
2. Jelaluddin Rumi was born in the remote town of _______ in what is now Afghanistan.
3. Rumi suggests "My _____ is from elsewhere. Whoever brought me here will have to take me home."
4. According to the book, Rumi lived by the idea that _______ is the religion instead of being tied to a particular paradigm.
5. Rumi uses the metaphor of being sent to do a task by a King, and forgetting in the poem "The _____ Work".
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the book, when Rumi realized the greatness of Shams, he fell off his _______ unconscious.
2. In the poem "The Prophets" the people wonder "How long should we keep pounding this cold _____?"
3. When Rumi died, he was mourned by members of all of the following religious groups except _______.
4. Those who do not wake to the truth, according to Rumi, are those who do not embrace the beauty of __________.
5. Rumi notes there is only one search in the world: "___________ this world is wandering that..."
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)