|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Come to the Orchard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a man is approached by a person who wants to bring his reluctant cousin to a spiritual leader, what is used to convince the cousin?
(c) A promise for truth.
(d) Fish soup.
2. Rumi was able to take all the usual existential issues that human beings face on a daily basis and change them to ______.
3. Those who do not wake to the truth, according to Rumi, are those who do not embrace the beauty of __________.
4. When Rumi regained consciousness, he stated that _______ was the greater because he realized the breadth of God.
5. In one of the poems Rumi states, "We are charlatans... or maybe just a ______ hair brush in a painter's hand."
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumi lived most of his life in ______ Turkey which at the time was a great meeting place for many different cultures.
2. The story of Joseph focuses on the loss of his _____ of many colors that has false blood on it to convince people of his death.
3. From talking to a ______ to eating cabbage broth, Rumi says that the tasks of everyday life bring a person into a spiritual realm.
4. Rumi describes a ______ that wakes up one day to discover that he is "the entire vineyard, and the orchard too."
5. Rumi suggests that "sitting in hell at the bottom of the dark, we are afraid of our own ________."
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)