|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Come to the Orchard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumi states that "the human shape is a _______ made of distraction and pain, trying to open the image of itself."
2. Rumi describes the journey a person must make as drinking ______ like water and eating sunset, in his poems.
3. Rumi suggests that people listen to his message with the ear that is in the center of the _______.
4. The _________ represents the imagination where the spiritual journey takes place, according to Rumi.
5. Rumi suggests that human beings are like "some weird kind of ______ that wants to stay melted in the furnace."
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumi encourages the reader to be the __________ nearest the thorn that he is, according to his writing.
2. The _____ in which Joseph sits in darkness at the bottom of is recognized as a visionary place.
3. Rumi's mystical work was contained within the patterns of ______ Sufism but the life was witness to the boundless universality of the heart.
4. Rumi uses the metaphor of being sent to do a task by a King, and forgetting in the poem "The _____ Work".
5. Rumi refers to the field that develops between the formless source and form ______ a personified image.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)