|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Come to the Orchard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumi met his companion Shams of _______ , described as a "street boddhisattva", in the marketplace.
2. Not doing the work God sent you for is the equivalent of "using a _____ bowl to cook turnips in.
3. Rumi's poetry can be thought of as a conversation with _______, a discussion of what it is to be together in God.
(c) St. Francis.
4. Love is more than an old study of _________, according to the writing of Rumi in this section.
5. Rumi instructs us to "consider what the prophets have done. ______ wore fire for an anklet, Moses spoke to the sea."
Short Answer Questions
1. Anger is the main topic that Rumi explores in the poem entitled "A ______ Sky Hates the Moon."
2. ______ means the sun, and Rumi often referred to him in his poetry which he began writing after his friend's death.
3. Shams asks Rumi who is greater, Muhammad the messenger of God, or ______ a mystic who claimed to be one with God.
4. Rumi notes that the miracle of Jesus is ______, not what he did or said about the future, according to the poems.
5. Rumi points out that while others are laughing and dancing, there are few who will hear the ________ hidden within the notes.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)