|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Come to the Orchard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _______ was sold by his brothers into slavery in Egypt , gradually came to power there, and made a complicated trade route.
2. Rumi uses the metaphor of being sent to do a task by a King, and forgetting in the poem "The _____ Work".
3. In one of the poems Rumi states, "We are charlatans... or maybe just a ______ hair brush in a painter's hand."
4. Rumi asserts in his poems that "the miracle of ______ is himself, not what he said or did about the future."
5. Who is the spiritual leader who is approached in order to see how a person might be coaxed into learning?
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the reed was cut from the bed, it has made a ___________ sound, according to the description by Rumi.
2. Rumi lived most of his life in ______ Turkey which at the time was a great meeting place for many different cultures.
3. Rumi describes a ______ that wakes up one day to discover that he is "the entire vineyard, and the orchard too."
4. Rumi urges the reader to let go of the _____, the covering clothes, and to be naked in the world, according to his writing.
5. Rumi gives advice about how to deal with hardship, "The cure for the ______ is in the pain. Good and bad are mixed."
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)