|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Come to the Orchard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumi gives a definition for what we are, "You are the strange business. You have the energy of the ______ in you."
2. Rumi describes the journey a person must make as drinking ______ like water and eating sunset, in his poems.
3. Rumi uses the metaphor of being sent to do a task by a King, and forgetting in the poem "The _____ Work".
4. _______ was sold by his brothers into slavery in Egypt , gradually came to power there, and made a complicated trade route.
5. Rumi describes a ______ that wakes up one day to discover that he is "the entire vineyard, and the orchard too."
Short Answer Questions
1. In one of the poems Rumi states, "We are charlatans... or maybe just a ______ hair brush in a painter's hand."
2. Rumi's students saw ______ as a madman and he was eventually forced out of the area.
3. According to the book, when Rumi realized the greatness of Shams, he fell off his _______ unconscious.
4. Rumi instructs us to "consider what the prophets have done. ______ wore fire for an anklet, Moses spoke to the sea."
5. Rumi suggests "My _____ is from elsewhere. Whoever brought me here will have to take me home."
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)