|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Come to the Orchard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumi sent his son _______ to bring back his exiled companion. He was found playing cards with the future St. Francis of Assisi.
(c) Sultan Balkh.
(d) Sultan Veled.
2. The _____________ who are there in the orchard do not matter, according to Rumi, along with the light and the wine.
3. When Rumi died, he was mourned by members of all of the following religious groups except _______.
4. Rumi asks the reader to let their _______ move them, playing music instead of reading as they go along.
5. Rumi slipped back into what ______ the Greek called the whole catastrophe as a living example of another possibility for life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Not doing the work God sent you to do is like "pounding a _____ of the finest tempering to hang things on."
2. In one of the poems Rumi states, "We are charlatans... or maybe just a ______ hair brush in a painter's hand."
3. Rumi uses the metaphor of being sent to do a task by a King, and forgetting in the poem "The _____ Work".
4. Every day, Rumi says, people wake up with _________, but they need to continue to walk their spiritual path.
5. Rumi states, in "The Prophets" no one knows if the _______ will sink or reach the harbor.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)