|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Path of Blame.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From talking to a ______ to eating cabbage broth, Rumi says that the tasks of everyday life bring a person into a spiritual realm.
2. When a man is approached by a person who wants to bring his reluctant cousin to a spiritual leader, what is used to convince the cousin?
(a) A promise for truth.
(c) Fish soup.
3. Barks reminds the reader about how often ______ is used as a piece of advice for calming one's self.
4. The man compares himself to a __________ in the sunrise, saying that he is lost in his lover's reflection.
5. Rumi relishes things like walking, meditation, and fasting as they help to bring a person into ____________.
(a) The moment.
(b) A new love.
(c) The connection with God.
Short Answer Questions
1. The destination may be unclear for __________ understanding, according to Rumi, but one should walk anyway.
2. Rumi doesn't want "wealth and position." He suggests that in this matter he is "______ resisting the most enormous magnet there is."
3. Rumi describes the journey a person must make as drinking ______ like water and eating sunset, in his poems.
4. Rumi uses the metaphor of being sent to do a task by a King, and forgetting in the poem "The _____ Work".
5. Whose table is spread with better food when a person fasts, according to Rumi?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)