|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Path of Blame.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumi asks the reader to accept _________, as everything comes from a higher place, according to his writing.
2. The poet notes that he is nothing, not from an origin story, not body or __________, according to the writing.
3. The _____________ who are there in the orchard do not matter, according to Rumi, along with the light and the wine.
4. Barks points out that Shams believed that Rumi wrote in _________ ways when he wrote to teach others.
5. In one of the poems Rumi states, "We are charlatans... or maybe just a ______ hair brush in a painter's hand."
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumi describes a ______ that wakes up one day to discover that he is "the entire vineyard, and the orchard too."
2. Rumi advises the reader to disappear with the _________ each month and to bend like a tree limb.
3. A baby __________ hears a whistling and is thus driven to fly into the sky, according to Rumi.
4. _________, according to Rumi, will tend to accumulate while the real work is going on elsewhere.
5. In one poem, Rumi begins to describe two lovers who are ___________ and drinking water.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)