|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through We Have Opened You.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumi notes there is only one search in the world: "___________ this world is wandering that..."
2. The poet speaks of being locked in a _________ and of someone who brings him good and forgives him.
3. Rumi notes that the miracle of Jesus is ______, not what he did or said about the future, according to the poems.
4. Rumi uses the metaphor of being sent to do a task by a King, and forgetting in the poem "The _____ Work".
5. Rumi gives advice about how to deal with hardship, "The cure for the ______ is in the pain. Good and bad are mixed."
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ are the wandering Sufis who laugh and love at everything, but they are in turmoil inside.
2. Who is the madman that wields a knife, the thing which is a nihilist that embraces destruction?
3. Rumi says to give up wanting what others hand and says that the day is a __________ day, according to his writing.
4. Rumi notes there is nothing worse than going to ______ without another person, the vague 'you.'
5. Rumi instructs us to "consider what the prophets have done. ______ wore fire for an anklet, Moses spoke to the sea."
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)