Lesson 1 (from Who Are These Two?)
Shams asks a question of Rumi which causes Rumi to wonder if Shams is a person with much to teach him as well. Today's objective is to discuss the relationship between teacher and student and whether there needs to be a hierarchy.
1. Have each student define their role as a student in a classroom.
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss whether they have ever thought of themselves as a teacher.
3. As a class, have the students discuss the relationship between a student and a teacher. Is this a difficult relationship? Does it need to be difficult? Do the students think students and teachers should be on the same level?
4. Homework: Have each student discuss how they would teach a class, what they would do differently, etc.
5. Homework: Have students write about how they felt when they first realized they could teach someone else something.
This section contains 5,233 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)