|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confuses Troy about Covenant?
(a) Why he does not love the Land.
(b) Why he still wears his wedding band.
(c) Why he does not recognize that he belongs in the Land.
(d) Why he wants to return to a shunned life in his world.
2. What does Covenant think will happen if he succeeds to deal with the effect the land is having on him?
(b) He won't be able to go back to his life of leprosy.
(c) He will be made a king against his will.
(d) He will never be able to reject their beliefs in him.
3. Why does it seem that Covenant may have taken a journey when he wakes in Chapter 1?
(a) He is bruised.
(b) He is tired.
(c) He has a magical burn where is ring is.
(d) He is wearing strange clothes.
4. Where does Covenant appear in the Land when he returns in Chapter 3?
(a) The council chamber of the Lords in Revelstone.
(b) Under a mountain.
(c) Beside a stream.
(d) A mountain top.
5. What does Troy thing everyone sees in Covenant?
(b) Something Troy cannot see.
(c) Bravery that will help in the long run.
(d) False bravado.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Covenant's wife divorce him?
2. What does the interpreter say about Covenant's dreams?
3. Who is Foamfollower?
4. What is the one thing for which Troy cannot forgive Covenant?
5. What disease does Covenant develop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Elena's room while she and Covenant are waiting for a dream interpreter?
2. Where is Covenant when Chapter 3 opens and what does he learn?
3. What does High Lord Elena assign?
4. What type of phone calls is Covenant receiving and what happens to the stables?
5. What happens to Covenant when the Sheriff takes him home?
6. What does Runick relate when he arrives to where the army is encamped?
7. What does Amok tell Covenant and the Lords Council?
8. With what is Covenant still struggling and what is his fear about it?
9. Who comes in from Ra and what news does the person bring?
10. How does Covenant explain his feelings about the Land to Troy?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)