|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Amok says he must go?
(a) He simply vanishes.
(b) The council places him under house arrest.
(c) Covenant grabs him.
(d) The coucil tries to force him to stay.
2. What signals the start of the war?
(a) A brilliant yellow glow is in the west.
(b) An eerie silence is heard throughout the castle.
(c) Lord Foul's emissary kills one of the High Lords.
(d) Lord Foul's army is on the move.
3. Who is in Revelstone who wants to meet with Covenant and the others?
(a) An emissary from Lord Foul.
(b) A stranger.
(c) The head of the planetary religious council.
(d) The head of the stone cutters guild.
4. What does Elena do while waiting with Covenant?
(a) Kisses Covenant.
(b) Tells Covenant about the plan for Foul's army.
(c) Tells Covenant about his daughter.
(d) Lectures Covenant.
5. What wards does Elena tell Amok they have mastered?
(a) 3 of them.
(b) None of them.
(c) All of them.
(d) 1 of them.
6. What happens when Joan calls Covenant?
(a) He threatens her with magic.
(b) He trips and hits his head.
(c) He screams at her.
(d) He refuses to speak with her.
7. What is the Warmark?
(a) The leader of the Army.
(b) A mark all experienced soldiers receive.
(c) The mark Covenat always has on his chest when he arrives in the Land.
(d) A mark that distinguishes leaders from followers.
8. Why is the council surprised about who is leading the army?
(a) Centaurs have always stayed neutral in wars before.
(b) They thought the giants were above working with Lord Foul.
(c) Lord Foul has never left his castle before.
(d) The minatour had pledged his loyalty to the council.
9. Who is Trell?
(a) The father of the girl Covenant had raped.
(b) One of Covenant's staunchest supporters.
(c) A wood cutter.
(d) A palace guard.
10. What does Elena do when the interpreter arrives?
(b) Stays to hear what Covenant says.
(c) Asks the interpreter to interpret one of her dreams.
(d) Gives them both a lecture.
11. What word do those in Revelstone have of Foul's army?
(b) That Foul's army has just left the mountain.
(c) That Foul is having trouble pulling an Army together.
(d) That Foul's army is deserting in large numbers.
12. What does the man with whom Covenant has a drink tell Covenant?
(a) That there is a leper in town who should leave.
(b) That the people in the town are unfairly mean to a leper.
(c) Nothing except for idle chat about the weather.
(d) That the man also has leprosy.
13. Why does Covenant decide to go to town?
(a) To buy some groceries.
(b) To return some books to the library.
(c) A reality check.
(d) To harass others.
14. What is left of the woman with leprosy?
(a) A pair of ears.
(c) Ten nubs where her fingers were.
(d) A smile and an eye.
15. What does Covenant think about Joan as he is resting?
(a) That she has hurt him beyond forgiveness.
(b) That she is not a good mother.
(c) That she only wants to protect their son.
(d) That it must have taken a lot for her to call him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of Covenant's magic?
2. What does the interpreter say about Covenant's dreams?
3. What is the one thing for which Troy cannot forgive Covenant?
4. What confuses Troy about Covenant?
5. Why does Troy think Trell is wise?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)