|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the creator of Amok?
(a) The planet god.
(b) He was born among the giants.
(c) High Lord Kevin.
(d) He was born just like all other humans.
2. Where does Covenant appear in the Land when he returns in Chapter 3?
(a) Beside a stream.
(b) A mountain top.
(c) Under a mountain.
(d) The council chamber of the Lords in Revelstone.
3. Who is Foamfollower?
(a) A giant who helps Covenant on his first trip to the land.
(b) A healer who helps Covenant with his balance.
(c) Troy's aide de camp.
(d) An armsman who is making armor for Covenant.
4. What is Thomas Covenant's occupation in the "real" world?
5. Who is gathering an army?
(a) Lord Foul.
(b) High Lord Elena.
(c) Lord Mhoram.
6. What does the interpreter say about Covenant's dreams?
(a) They are too sketcher.
(b) They have no meaning for the most part.
(c) They are symbolic.
(d) They are true.
7. What is the one thing for which Troy cannot forgive Covenant?
(a) Raping Lena.
(b) Refusing to acknowledge Elena as Covenant's daughter.
(c) Calling Troy a traitor.
(d) Refusing to fight.
8. How does Troy react to the woman's news?
(a) He is eager to go out and engage the army.
(b) He is mystified why the army has stopped.
(c) He is stunned.
(d) He is concerned for her world but sees nothing he can do about it.
9. What does Covenant say is suicide for a leper?
(a) To believe in a cure.
(b) To think the Land is more real than the other world.
(c) To believe in the Land.
(d) To trust anyone but himself.
10. What is the plan to quickly reach Lord Foul's army?
(a) To use all the giant eagles to transport the men rapidly.
(b) Take part of the army by boat.
(c) To employ magic to move the forces.
(d) The entire army will march without stopping during the night.
11. What does Covenant do with Elena?
(a) Questions Elena about the army.
(b) Calls Elena a liar.
(c) Pushes her away.
(d) Tells her to stop lecturing him.
12. Who is watching Covenant and Elena as they are marching?
13. Why is the council surprised about who is leading the army?
(a) Centaurs have always stayed neutral in wars before.
(b) The minatour had pledged his loyalty to the council.
(c) They thought the giants were above working with Lord Foul.
(d) Lord Foul has never left his castle before.
14. What does Covenant bring to life?
(a) A doorway.
(b) The tattoo of the Warmark.
(c) His ring.
(d) The krill.
15. What news does the woman bring?
(a) Lord Foul is much closer than expected.
(b) Her parellel world is in danger because of Lord Foul.
(c) Covenant's world is in danger because of Lord Foul.
(d) Lord Foul's army has been in the same place for days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy ignore about Covenant?
2. How is Covenant physically when he arrives in the Land?
3. What concerns Troy about his men?
4. What does Covenant think will happen if he fails to deal with the effect the land is having on him?
5. What does Covenant decide to become?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)