|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the plan to quickly reach Lord Foul's army?
(a) To employ magic to move the forces.
(b) The entire army will march without stopping during the night.
(c) To use all the giant eagles to transport the men rapidly.
(d) Take part of the army by boat.
2. What does Covenant think about Joan as he is resting?
(a) That she is not a good mother.
(b) That she only wants to protect their son.
(c) That it must have taken a lot for her to call him.
(d) That she has hurt him beyond forgiveness.
3. What signals the start of the war?
(a) An eerie silence is heard throughout the castle.
(b) A brilliant yellow glow is in the west.
(c) Lord Foul's emissary kills one of the High Lords.
(d) Lord Foul's army is on the move.
4. Who gives each council member duties to carry out?
5. How does Covenant go to town?
(a) Drives his car.
(b) Rides his bike.
6. Who is gathering an army?
(a) High Lord Elena.
(b) Lord Foul.
(d) Lord Mhoram.
7. What is Thomas Covenant's occupation in the "real" world?
8. Where does Covenant tell a story?
(a) When the Army is at the Rock Gardens of the Maerl.
(c) When the army is camped for the night.
(d) When the Army is at the Glowing Gates.
9. What happens when Amok says he must go?
(a) Covenant grabs him.
(b) He simply vanishes.
(c) The council places him under house arrest.
(d) The coucil tries to force him to stay.
10. What does Troy thing everyone sees in Covenant?
(a) Bravery that will help in the long run.
(c) False bravado.
(d) Something Troy cannot see.
11. What does Lord Mhoram put on Covenant?
(a) A tattoo.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A suit of armor.
12. What is left of the woman with leprosy?
(b) Ten nubs where her fingers were.
(c) A smile and an eye.
(d) A pair of ears.
13. How does Troy react to the woman's news?
(a) He is concerned for her world but sees nothing he can do about it.
(b) He is eager to go out and engage the army.
(c) He is stunned.
(d) He is mystified why the army has stopped.
14. What happens when Joan calls Covenant?
(a) He refuses to speak with her.
(b) He screams at her.
(c) He trips and hits his head.
(d) He threatens her with magic.
15. What does Covenant think of the other land?
(a) He loves being a hero.
(b) He wishes he could stay there.
(c) He thinks they are kind but misguided.
(d) He believes it does not exist and he is dreaming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is leading Lord Foul's army?
2. What happens to the stables on Covenant's land?
3. What does Trell do when he loses himself for a moment?
4. Who summons Covenant?
5. Who has been looking for Covenant?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)