|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man with whom Covenant has a drink tell Covenant?
(a) That the man also has leprosy.
(b) That the people in the town are unfairly mean to a leper.
(c) That there is a leper in town who should leave.
(d) Nothing except for idle chat about the weather.
2. What news does the woman bring?
(a) Lord Foul's army has been in the same place for days.
(b) Her parellel world is in danger because of Lord Foul.
(c) Covenant's world is in danger because of Lord Foul.
(d) Lord Foul is much closer than expected.
3. What does Elena do when the interpreter arrives?
(b) Stays to hear what Covenant says.
(c) Gives them both a lecture.
(d) Asks the interpreter to interpret one of her dreams.
4. How does Covenant go to town?
(b) Rides his bike.
(c) Drives his car.
5. Who does not want Covenant to go with Hyrim?
(c) No one.
6. How does Troy react to the woman's news?
(a) He is stunned.
(b) He is eager to go out and engage the army.
(c) He is mystified why the army has stopped.
(d) He is concerned for her world but sees nothing he can do about it.
7. Who summons Covenant?
(a) Lord Foul.
(b) High Lord Elena.
(c) No one; it just seems to happen.
(d) Lord Mhoram.
8. What does Elena say to Troy about his men?
(a) They need time to say goodbye to their loved ones.
(b) They can't possibly march all night.
(c) They trust him.
(d) They will need Troy to set an example.
9. What does the interpreter say about Covenant's dreams?
(a) They are too sketcher.
(b) They are true.
(c) They have no meaning for the most part.
(d) They are symbolic.
10. Who gives each council member duties to carry out?
11. Why does Covenant ride away angry?
(a) Elena tries to kiss him again.
(b) Trell tries to attack him again.
(c) Telling a story upsets him.
(d) Troy insults him and calls him a coward.
12. What does Covenant bring to life?
(a) A doorway.
(b) The tattoo of the Warmark.
(c) The krill.
(d) His ring.
13. Who is Hile Troy?
(a) Another man from the real world.
(b) The secretary to the Warmark.
(c) A healer.
(d) The administrator of the keys.
14. Where do some of the Council members go?
(a) To ask help of the giants.
(b) To a secret hidaway to direct the forces and remain safe.
(c) To help people in areas that have been decimated by Lord Foul
(d) To warn villages in the Army's path.
15. What confuses Troy about Covenant?
(a) Why he does not recognize that he belongs in the Land.
(b) Why he still wears his wedding band.
(c) Why he wants to return to a shunned life in his world.
(d) Why he does not love the Land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wards does Elena tell Amok they have mastered?
2. Why does it seem that Covenant may have taken a journey when he wakes in Chapter 1?
3. Who does Lord Hyrim want to aid?
4. What signals the start of the war?
5. Whose forgiveness does Covenant ask?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)