|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Joan calls Covenant?
(a) He threatens her with magic.
(b) He trips and hits his head.
(c) He refuses to speak with her.
(d) He screams at her.
2. What confuses Troy about Covenant?
(a) Why he does not love the Land.
(b) Why he still wears his wedding band.
(c) Why he wants to return to a shunned life in his world.
(d) Why he does not recognize that he belongs in the Land.
3. What is the importance of white gold in the "Land"?
(a) There is no significance.
(b) It is used to keep people healthy.
(c) It is used a money there.
(d) It has magical properties.
4. What does Elena do while waiting with Covenant?
(a) Kisses Covenant.
(b) Lectures Covenant.
(c) Tells Covenant about the plan for Foul's army.
(d) Tells Covenant about his daughter.
5. What is the Warmark?
(a) The leader of the Army.
(b) A mark all experienced soldiers receive.
(c) A mark that distinguishes leaders from followers.
(d) The mark Covenat always has on his chest when he arrives in the Land.
6. What news does the woman bring?
(a) Lord Foul's army has been in the same place for days.
(b) Covenant's world is in danger because of Lord Foul.
(c) Her parellel world is in danger because of Lord Foul.
(d) Lord Foul is much closer than expected.
7. Where do some of the Council members go?
(a) To ask help of the giants.
(b) To warn villages in the Army's path.
(c) To a secret hidaway to direct the forces and remain safe.
(d) To help people in areas that have been decimated by Lord Foul
8. Who is Hile Troy?
(a) The administrator of the keys.
(b) Another man from the real world.
(c) A healer.
(d) The secretary to the Warmark.
9. Who does not want Covenant to go with Hyrim?
(b) No one.
10. What does Covenant think will happen if he fails to deal with the effect the land is having on him?
(a) He will not be prepared to fight Foul.
(b) He will become like Foul.
(c) He will die.
(d) He will give in to Elena's pressuring.
11. What does Covenant think will happen if he succeeds to deal with the effect the land is having on him?
(a) He will never be able to reject their beliefs in him.
(b) He won't be able to go back to his life of leprosy.
(c) He will be made a king against his will.
12. What does Covenant do with Elena?
(a) Calls Elena a liar.
(b) Questions Elena about the army.
(c) Pushes her away.
(d) Tells her to stop lecturing him.
13. What does the interpreter say about Covenant's dreams?
(a) They have no meaning for the most part.
(b) They are symbolic.
(c) They are true.
(d) They are too sketcher.
14. What does Elena do when the interpreter arrives?
(b) Asks the interpreter to interpret one of her dreams.
(c) Gives them both a lecture.
(d) Stays to hear what Covenant says.
15. Who is Amok?
(a) The head of the planetary religious council.
(b) The emissary from Lord Foul.
(c) An emissary from another world similar to Covenant's.
(d) A male who appears to be young but also old.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where is the woman who arrives with news?
2. What does Covenant stop doing?
3. Why is Covenant angry?
4. Who is gathering an army?
5. Why is the council surprised about who is leading the army?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)