|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man with whom Covenant has a drink tell Covenant?
(a) That the man also has leprosy.
(b) That there is a leper in town who should leave.
(c) That the people in the town are unfairly mean to a leper.
(d) Nothing except for idle chat about the weather.
2. What is the plan to quickly reach Lord Foul's army?
(a) To employ magic to move the forces.
(b) To use all the giant eagles to transport the men rapidly.
(c) The entire army will march without stopping during the night.
(d) Take part of the army by boat.
3. What is left of the woman with leprosy?
(a) A pair of ears.
(b) A smile and an eye.
(d) Ten nubs where her fingers were.
4. Who is Trell?
(a) One of Covenant's staunchest supporters.
(b) A wood cutter.
(c) A palace guard.
(d) The father of the girl Covenant had raped.
5. What does Covenant think is deadly?
(a) To believe Elena forgives him.
(b) To hope Joan wants him back.
(c) To believe his son loves him.
(d) To believe in the Land.
6. What does Elena do when the interpreter arrives?
(b) Stays to hear what Covenant says.
(c) Asks the interpreter to interpret one of her dreams.
(d) Gives them both a lecture.
7. For what sign was Amok waiting?
(a) The krill sword coming alive.
(b) The star Sysil exploding.
(c) The alignment of two planets that do not usually align.
(d) The white gold creating a vibration Amok can feel.
8. What is Amok to reveal to them?
(a) What is needed for the Third Ward.
(b) What is needed for the First Ward.
(c) What is needed for the each Ward in sequence.
(d) What is needed for the Seventh Ward.
9. What does Mhoram say Covenant must do?
(a) Take care of Elena's child.
(b) Forgive Joan.
(c) Be willing to rule their Land.
(d) What is needed.
10. Who has been looking for Covenant?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The priest.
(c) Covenant's boss.
(d) The sheriff.
11. What happens to the stables on Covenant's land?
(a) Covenant turns them into an art studio.
(c) They burn.
(d) They collapse.
12. Why is Covenant angry?
(a) That he cannot return immediately to his world.
(b) That the Lords pulled him away from a conversation with Joan.
(c) That he is expected to be a hero.
(d) That the Lords want his help.
13. What does Troy thing everyone sees in Covenant?
(a) Something Troy cannot see.
(b) Bravery that will help in the long run.
(d) False bravado.
14. Whose forgiveness does Covenant ask?
15. Who is Amok?
(a) The emissary from Lord Foul.
(b) The head of the planetary religious council.
(c) A male who appears to be young but also old.
(d) An emissary from another world similar to Covenant's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Troy react to the woman's news?
2. What does Elena do while waiting with Covenant?
3. Where does Covenant tell a story?
4. What is the importance of white gold in the "Land"?
5. What happens when Joan calls Covenant?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)