|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does Hippolite have?
2. What does Myshkin do while he is waiting for Aglaya on the park bench?
(a) He reads.
(b) He talks to a stranger.
(c) He watches people and makes up stories about them.
(d) He falls asleep.
3. What does Myshkin offer Burdovsky?
(a) A gold cross.
(b) 10,000 roubles.
(c) A country house.
(d) A letter of apology.
4. Who wrote the note that Varya finds on Ganja's desk?
5. What does Hippolite do when Myshkin tells him to stop reading?
(a) Hippolite stops reading.
(b) Hippolite reads louder so he is shouting in Myshkin's ear.
(c) Hippolite stops reading but starts again a moment later.
(d) Hippolite continues to read, despite Myshkin's plea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hippolite realize, after seeing Rogozhin in his room at night, that Rogozhin couldn't have been there?
2. What happens to General Ivolgin?
3. What other literary work does the phrase Aglaya said bring up?
4. When Hippolite wakes at Myshkin's celebration, how long does a party member say he's been asleep?
5. What does the note Varya finds on Ganja's desk ask for?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)