|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Myshkin feel when he leaves the Yephanchin house at the end of Part IV, Chapter V?
2. What games do Aglaya's sisters report that she played with her visitor?
(a) Croquet and cards.
(b) Darts and croquet.
(c) Chess and darts.
(d) Cards and chess.
3. At the beginning of Part III, Chapter VI, what decor from Rogozhin's home does Hippolite talk about?
(a) A secret drawer in the dresser.
(b) A religious painting.
(c) A rug woven in the design of a cross.
(d) A lamp that shines all night.
4. What is Madam Yephanchin's position about the possibility of Myshkin marrying her daughter Aglaya?
(a) She says Myshkin must marry her daughter.
(b) She says Myshkin can only marry her daughter if he's no longer involved with Rogozhin.
(c) She doesn't care if Myshkin marries her daughter.
(d) She says Myshkin can never marry her daughter.
5. What does Burdovsky want from Myshkin?
(d) An apology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Myshkin that the duel with the officer has been called off?
2. Where does Aglaya say she comes some mornings at 7 o'clock?
3. What phrase did Koyla overhear Aglaya say while she was reading Don Quixote?
4. How does the party react when Vera says Hippolite is going to kill himself?
5. When Nastassya sees Myshkin at the end of Chapter VI, what does she do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Myshkin treat Rogozhin, after Rogozhin tried to kill him?
2. How does Madam Yephanchin react, after Burdovsky and his companions object to the information Ganja reveals about Burdovsky?
3. Why hasn't Myshkin visited the Yephanchins?
4. How does Myshkin answer Nastassya's question to him, and what is Rogozhin's response?
5. What does Keller ask Myshkin for?
6. How does Aglaya react to winning and losing at games?
7. What does Aglaya say to Myshkin, after her proposal to him?
8. Why does Hippolite want to kill himself?
9. What does Ganja report about Burdovsky's relationship with Pavlishtchev?
10. How does Myshkin contradict what Aglaya has told him about Ganja?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)