|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the note Varya finds on Ganja's desk ask for?
(a) A meeting.
(b) A favor.
(c) A loan.
2. What is Radomsky's former profession?
(a) He is a retired army officer.
(b) He is a retired dressmaker.
(c) He is a retired banker.
(d) He is a retired government beaurocrat.
3. How does Myshkin react to the idea that someone stole Lebedev's money?
(a) Myshkin doesn't care.
(b) Myshkin is irritated.
(c) Myshkin is secretly pleased.
(d) Myshkin is horrified.
4. What does Hippolite mention seeing in a dream?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) A rat.
(c) A spider.
(d) A snake.
5. What other literary work does the phrase Aglaya said bring up?
(a) A story.
(b) A poem.
(c) A book.
(d) An article.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madam Yephanchin feel about the Prince's visitors?
2. What reason does Myshkin give Aglaya for him coming to Pavlovsk?
3. When Radomsky asks for Myshkin's friendship, what is Myshkin's response?
4. What does Lebedev plan to do about the missing money?
5. What games do Aglaya's sisters report that she played with her visitor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Myskhin's view of dueling seem to be?
2. How does Madam Yephanchin react, after Burdovsky and his companions object to the information Ganja reveals about Burdovsky?
3. How does Myshkin learn that Nastassya is in town?
4. How does Aglaya react to winning and losing at games?
5. What is Ganja's attitude toward his father?
6. What does Aglaya say to Myshkin, after her proposal to him?
7. What are Agalya's plans for herself and Myshkin when she first meets him in the park?
8. What does Ganja report about Burdovsky's relationship with Pavlishtchev?
9. What does Keller ask Myshkin for?
10. Why does Hippolite want to kill himself?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)