|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Madam Yephanchin wonder if Aglaya is seriously interested in, at the beginning of Part III?
(a) Myshkin and Ganja.
(b) Radomsky and Rogozhin.
(c) Rogozhin and Myskin.
(d) Ganja and Radomsky.
2. Who does Ganja blame for Burdovsky's claim against Myshkin?
(a) Burdovsky's mother.
(c) Government officials.
3. What does Myshkin tell General Tephanchin when he asks Myshkin about Nastassya?
(a) Myshkin says Nastassya is bewilderingly lovely.
(b) Myshkin says Nastassya is insane.
(c) Myshkin says Nastassya no longer interests him.
(d) Myshkin says Nastassya is kind and misunderstood.
4. Who wrote the article?
5. What does Ganja tell Varya he wants to do at the beginning of Part IV?
(a) Help Varya and her husband move out on their own.
(b) Invite Myshkin to come stay with them.
(c) Throw Ganja's father out of the house.
(d) Get payment on the loan he mae to Varya.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Radomsky asks for Myshkin's friendship, what is Myshkin's response?
2. Where does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
3. What does Ganja say happened to Burdovsky's real father?
4. Who wrote the note that Varya finds on Ganja's desk?
5. What does Myshkin offer Burdovsky?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Madam Yephanchin feel about her daughter's relationship with Myshkin?
2. How would Myshkin probably act, if he were in Lebedev's place in the disagreement between Lebedev and General Ivolgin?
3. How do the guests at the Yephanchins' react to Myshkin's response to Radomsky's political views?
4. What does Ganja report about Burdovsky's relationship with Pavlishtchev?
5. How does Myshkin learn that Nastassya is in town?
6. How does General Ivolgin act when he talks to Myshkin after his argument with Lebedev?
7. Why hasn't Myshkin visited the Yephanchins?
8. How does Myshkin contradict what Aglaya has told him about Ganja?
9. What are Agalya's plans for herself and Myshkin when she first meets him in the park?
10. How does Myshkin answer Nastassya's question to him, and what is Rogozhin's response?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)