|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
(a) At midnight.
(b) At noon.
(c) At sunset.
(d) At sunrise.
2. How does Myshkin react to the idea that someone stole Lebedev's money?
(a) Myshkin doesn't care.
(b) Myshkin is irritated.
(c) Myshkin is horrified.
(d) Myshkin is secretly pleased.
3. Who first points out the article about Myshkin in the newspaper?
(c) Madam Yephanchin.
4. Who does Madam Yephanchin learn came to visit Aglaya while she was out?
5. How does Myshkin feel when he leaves the Yephanchin house at the end of Part IV, Chapter V?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lebedev think stole his missing money?
2. Who does Aglaya tell her mother she is going to marry, when Madam Yephanchin interrupts Aglaya and Myshkin's meeting in the park?
3. After Myshkin returns to the Yephanchins' house, following the walk in the park and the fight, what does Aglaya show Myshkin how to do?
4. Where does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
5. What does Myshkin do while he is waiting for Aglaya on the park bench?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aglaya say to Myshkin, after her proposal to him?
2. How does Myshkin treat Rogozhin, after Rogozhin tried to kill him?
3. What is Ganja's attitude toward his father?
4. How do Myshkin and Agalya each interpret Myshkin's earlier letter to Agalya?
5. Why does Hippolite want to kill himself?
6. How does Madam Yephanchin react, after Burdovsky and his companions object to the information Ganja reveals about Burdovsky?
7. What are Agalya's plans for herself and Myshkin when she first meets him in the park?
8. How does Myshkin feel, when he gets to Madam Yephanchin and is sitting at the table with Aglaya and the other guests?
9. How does Myshkin contradict what Aglaya has told him about Ganja?
10. How would Myshkin probably act, if he were in Lebedev's place in the disagreement between Lebedev and General Ivolgin?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)