|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aglaya say she comes some mornings at 7 o'clock?
(a) A red newstand by the train station.
(b) A small cafe on a street corner.
(c) A green bench in the park.
(d) An isolated stump in a field.
2. When Hippolite wakes at Myshkin's celebration, how long does a party member say he's been asleep?
(a) Seven minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) Forty-two minutes.
3. What illness does Hippolite have?
4. What is Radomsky's former profession?
(a) He is a retired dressmaker.
(b) He is a retired army officer.
(c) He is a retired banker.
(d) He is a retired government beaurocrat.
5. Who tells Myshkin that the duel with the officer has been called off?
(d) Madame Yephanchin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other literary work does the phrase Aglaya said bring up?
2. Who does Lebedev think stole his missing money?
3. What does Myshkin tell General Tephanchin when he asks Myshkin about Nastassya?
4. When the Prince and Rogozhin get back to Myshkin's house, what have a group of visitors gathered to celebrate?
5. Who comes in Hippolite's dream, when he calls for help?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Madam Yephanchin think about, as she brings Myshkin to her house?
2. How does Madam Yephanchin react, after Burdovsky and his companions object to the information Ganja reveals about Burdovsky?
3. Why hasn't Myshkin visited the Yephanchins?
4. How would Myshkin probably act, if he were in Lebedev's place in the disagreement between Lebedev and General Ivolgin?
5. How do the guests at the Yephanchins' react to Myshkin's response to Radomsky's political views?
6. How does Myshkin answer Nastassya's question to him, and what is Rogozhin's response?
7. What leads up to the violence in the park?
8. What does Myskhin's view of dueling seem to be?
9. What happens when Hippolite tries to kill himself?
10. What are Agalya's plans for herself and Myshkin when she first meets him in the park?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)