|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
(a) At sunset.
(b) At midnight.
(c) At sunrise.
(d) At noon.
2. Who is Ganja arguing with, when Varya comes home at the beginning of Part IV?
(a) Varya's husband.
(c) General Yephanchin.
(d) Ganja and Varya's father.
3. At the beginning of Part III, Chapter VI, what decor from Rogozhin's home does Hippolite talk about?
(a) A religious painting.
(b) A secret drawer in the dresser.
(c) A lamp that shines all night.
(d) A rug woven in the design of a cross.
4. To whom does Aglaya ask Koyla to give the animal she's bought?
(d) General Yephanchin.
5. Who does General Ivolgin tell Myshkin he befriended as a young boy?
(b) Queen Victoria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hippolite realize, after seeing Rogozhin in his room at night, that Rogozhin couldn't have been there?
2. Who does Aglaya tell her mother she is going to marry, when Madam Yephanchin interrupts Aglaya and Myshkin's meeting in the park?
3. How does Madam Yephanchin feel about the Prince's visitors?
4. Who does Madam Yephanchin learn came to visit Aglaya while she was out?
5. What is Radomsky's view of liberalism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Myskhin's view of dueling seem to be?
2. How does Myshkin feel, when he gets to Madam Yephanchin and is sitting at the table with Aglaya and the other guests?
3. What happens when Hippolite tries to kill himself?
4. How does General Ivolgin act when he talks to Myshkin after his argument with Lebedev?
5. What are Agalya's plans for herself and Myshkin when she first meets him in the park?
6. How would Myshkin probably act, if he were in Lebedev's place in the disagreement between Lebedev and General Ivolgin?
7. What does Madam Yephanchin feel about her daughter's relationship with Myshkin?
8. Why hasn't Myshkin visited the Yephanchins?
9. How does Myshkin learn that Nastassya is in town?
10. How does Myshkin treat Rogozhin, after Rogozhin tried to kill him?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)