|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does General Ivolgin tell Myshkin he befriended as a young boy?
(c) Queen Victoria.
2. How long does Ganja tell Myshkin that Nastassya has been in town?
(a) One week.
(b) Four days.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) Two hours.
3. What phrase did Koyla overhear Aglaya say while she was reading Don Quixote?
(a) Tilting at windmills.
(b) Poor knight.
(c) Stern order of chivalry.
(d) Arrows of adversary.
4. When the Prince and Rogozhin get back to Myshkin's house, what have a group of visitors gathered to celebrate?
(a) The retraction of the article.
(b) Myskin's birthday.
(c) Myshkin's recovery.
(d) Myshkin's inheritance.
5. What does Myshkin do while he is waiting for Aglaya on the park bench?
(a) He watches people and makes up stories about them.
(b) He talks to a stranger.
(c) He reads.
(d) He falls asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ganja blame for Burdovsky's claim against Myshkin?
2. What other literary work does the phrase Aglaya said bring up?
3. To whom does Aglaya ask Koyla to give the animal she's bought?
4. When Myshkin asks about Lebedev's missing money, where does Lebedev tell Myshkin he found the money?
5. How does Ganja feel about HIppolite?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Hippolite tries to kill himself?
2. What are Agalya's plans for herself and Myshkin when she first meets him in the park?
3. What does Myskhin's view of dueling seem to be?
4. What does Aglaya say to Myshkin, after her proposal to him?
5. Why does Hippolite want to kill himself?
6. What is Ganja's attitude toward his father?
7. Why does Burdovsky feel he is owed something from Myshkin?
8. How does Myshkin learn that Nastassya is in town?
9. How do the guests at the Yephanchins' react to Myshkin's response to Radomsky's political views?
10. Why hasn't Myshkin visited the Yephanchins?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)