|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Varya been trying to do in her visits to the Yephanchins' house?
(a) Convince Adelaide to run away with Koyla.
(b) Convince General Yephanchin to forgive a loan.
(c) Win a favor from Madam Yephanchin.
(d) Get Aglaya to marry her brother.
2. Why does General Ivolgin say he is leaving Lebedev's house?
(a) Because he has found a better place to live.
(b) Because he and Lebedev are always arguing.
(c) Because Ganja has promised to take him back.
(d) Because he has fallen in love and wants to marry.
3. Who wrote the note that Varya finds on Ganja's desk?
4. Who does General Ivolgin tell Myshkin he befriended as a young boy?
(b) Queen Victoria.
5. Who does Madam Yephanchin learn came to visit Aglaya while she was out?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Radomsky asks for Myshkin's friendship, what is Myshkin's response?
2. What does Ganja tell Varya he wants to do at the beginning of Part IV?
3. What is Madam Yephanchin's position about the possibility of Myshkin marrying her daughter Aglaya?
4. What does Koyla ask his father to do?
5. What does Aglaya change when she recites from a reading?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Myshkin feel, when he gets to Madam Yephanchin and is sitting at the table with Aglaya and the other guests?
2. What leads up to the violence in the park?
3. How does Aglaya react to winning and losing at games?
4. How does Myshkin treat Rogozhin, after Rogozhin tried to kill him?
5. How does Madam Yephanchin react, after Burdovsky and his companions object to the information Ganja reveals about Burdovsky?
6. What happens when Hippolite tries to kill himself?
7. Why does Hippolite want to kill himself?
8. How do Myshkin and Agalya each interpret Myshkin's earlier letter to Agalya?
9. What does Myskhin's view of dueling seem to be?
10. What does Madam Yephanchin feel about her daughter's relationship with Myshkin?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)