|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Myshkin feel when he leaves the Yephanchin house at the end of Part IV, Chapter V?
2. What is the tale Lebedev tells at Myshkin's celebration about?
(a) Monks turning to cannibalism.
(b) Sailors stranded on an island.
(c) Mountaineers who kill each other in competition.
(d) A king being poisoned.
3. How does Madam Yephanchin feel about the Prince's visitors?
(a) She is envious of the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(b) She is bored with the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(c) She dislikes the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(d) She likes the people who are visiting Myshkin.
4. Where does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
(a) In front of Myshkin's home.
(b) In Povlovsk Park.
(c) In Nastassya's bedroom.
(d) In Rogozhin's library.
5. Who wrote the note that Varya finds on Ganja's desk?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first visitor who arrives, while Myshkin is recuperating?
2. At Madam Yephanchin's gathering, who argues that Burdovsky did not take advantage of Myshkin?
3. When the Prince and Rogozhin get back to Myshkin's house, what have a group of visitors gathered to celebrate?
4. Who comes in Hippolite's dream, when he calls for help?
5. Why does General Ivolgin say he is leaving Lebedev's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Madam Yephanchin react, after Burdovsky and his companions object to the information Ganja reveals about Burdovsky?
2. What does Aglaya say to Myshkin, after her proposal to him?
3. What is Ganja's attitude toward his father?
4. How does General Ivolgin act when he talks to Myshkin after his argument with Lebedev?
5. What does Madam Yephanchin feel about her daughter's relationship with Myshkin?
6. What does Myskhin's view of dueling seem to be?
7. How does Myshkin contradict what Aglaya has told him about Ganja?
8. How do the guests at the Yephanchins' react to Myshkin's response to Radomsky's political views?
9. Why does Hippolite want to kill himself?
10. How do Myshkin and Agalya each interpret Myshkin's earlier letter to Agalya?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)