|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ganja tell Varya he wants to do at the beginning of Part IV?
(a) Get payment on the loan he mae to Varya.
(b) Help Varya and her husband move out on their own.
(c) Throw Ganja's father out of the house.
(d) Invite Myshkin to come stay with them.
2. What does Myshkin offer Burdovsky?
(a) A country house.
(b) A gold cross.
(c) A letter of apology.
(d) 10,000 roubles.
3. How does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
(a) By jumping off a bridge.
(b) By poisoning himself.
(c) By shooting himself.
(d) By hanging himself.
4. How does Myshkin react to the idea that someone stole Lebedev's money?
(a) Myshkin doesn't care.
(b) Myshkin is secretly pleased.
(c) Myshkin is irritated.
(d) Myshkin is horrified.
5. What does Aglaya change when she recites from a reading?
(a) The name of a character.
(b) Initials on a rosary.
(c) Adjectives describing a book.
(d) The location of a house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tale Lebedev tells at Myshkin's celebration about?
2. When does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
3. What is Madam Yephanchin's position about the possibility of Myshkin marrying her daughter Aglaya?
4. Who wrote the article?
5. How does Ganja feel about HIppolite?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads up to the violence in the park?
2. How does Myshkin treat Rogozhin, after Rogozhin tried to kill him?
3. What does Ganja report about Burdovsky's relationship with Pavlishtchev?
4. What does Keller ask Myshkin for?
5. How does Myshkin contradict what Aglaya has told him about Ganja?
6. How does Myshkin answer Nastassya's question to him, and what is Rogozhin's response?
7. What does Madam Yephanchin think about, as she brings Myshkin to her house?
8. How does General Ivolgin act when he talks to Myshkin after his argument with Lebedev?
9. How do Myshkin and Agalya each interpret Myshkin's earlier letter to Agalya?
10. Why does Burdovsky feel he is owed something from Myshkin?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)