|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aglaya say she comes some mornings at 7 o'clock?
(a) A green bench in the park.
(b) A red newstand by the train station.
(c) An isolated stump in a field.
(d) A small cafe on a street corner.
2. Who does Lebedev think stole his missing money?
(d) General Yephanchin.
3. What happens to General Ivolgin?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He has a stroke.
(c) He is hit by a carriage.
(d) He falls down stairs.
4. To whom does Aglaya ask Koyla to give the animal she's bought?
(c) General Yephanchin.
5. How does Aglaya claim Ganja proved his love for her?
(a) By carving her name in his arm.
(b) By burning his own hand.
(c) By offering her all the money he has.
(d) By slapping her across the face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burdovsky want from Myshkin?
2. How does Myshkin react to the idea that someone stole Lebedev's money?
3. What does Koyla ask his father to do?
4. After Myshkin returns to the Yephanchins' house, following the walk in the park and the fight, what does Aglaya show Myshkin how to do?
5. At Madam Yephanchin's gathering, who argues that Burdovsky did not take advantage of Myshkin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aglaya say to Myshkin, after her proposal to him?
2. What does Keller ask Myshkin for?
3. Why does Burdovsky feel he is owed something from Myshkin?
4. What is Ganja's attitude toward his father?
5. How do Myshkin and Agalya each interpret Myshkin's earlier letter to Agalya?
6. How would Myshkin probably act, if he were in Lebedev's place in the disagreement between Lebedev and General Ivolgin?
7. How does Myshkin treat Rogozhin, after Rogozhin tried to kill him?
8. What happens when Hippolite tries to kill himself?
9. How does Myshkin learn that Nastassya is in town?
10. How does General Ivolgin act when he talks to Myshkin after his argument with Lebedev?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)