|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first points out the article about Myshkin in the newspaper?
(d) Madam Yephanchin.
2. Where does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
(a) In Povlovsk Park.
(b) In Rogozhin's library.
(c) In front of Myshkin's home.
(d) In Nastassya's bedroom.
3. Who does Myshkin stop one of the officer friends of the Yephanshins from hitting?
(a) Madam Yephanchin.
4. At Madam Yephanchin's gathering, who argues that Burdovsky did not take advantage of Myshkin?
(b) Madam Yephanchin.
5. Who wrote the article?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aglaya change when she recites from a reading?
2. Who does General Ivolgin tell Myshkin he befriended as a young boy?
3. Where does Myshkin recuperate from his seizure?
4. Nastassya has written Aglaya several letters that Aglaya shows Myshkin. What do these letters ask Aglaya to do?
5. What does Koyla ask his father to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Myshkin answer Nastassya's question to him, and what is Rogozhin's response?
2. How would Myshkin probably act, if he were in Lebedev's place in the disagreement between Lebedev and General Ivolgin?
3. How does Myshkin treat Rogozhin, after Rogozhin tried to kill him?
4. How does Madam Yephanchin react, after Burdovsky and his companions object to the information Ganja reveals about Burdovsky?
5. Why hasn't Myshkin visited the Yephanchins?
6. What does Ganja report about Burdovsky's relationship with Pavlishtchev?
7. How does Myshkin learn that Nastassya is in town?
8. What leads up to the violence in the park?
9. Why does Burdovsky feel he is owed something from Myshkin?
10. What does Madam Yephanchin feel about her daughter's relationship with Myshkin?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)