|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase did Koyla overhear Aglaya say while she was reading Don Quixote?
(a) Arrows of adversary.
(b) Poor knight.
(c) Stern order of chivalry.
(d) Tilting at windmills.
2. What has Varya been trying to do in her visits to the Yephanchins' house?
(a) Get Aglaya to marry her brother.
(b) Convince General Yephanchin to forgive a loan.
(c) Convince Adelaide to run away with Koyla.
(d) Win a favor from Madam Yephanchin.
3. How much money is Lebedev missing?
(a) 400 roubles.
(b) 800 roubles.
(c) 600 roubles.
(d) 200 roubles.
4. Why does General Ivolgin say he is leaving Lebedev's house?
(a) Because he and Lebedev are always arguing.
(b) Because Ganja has promised to take him back.
(c) Because he has found a better place to live.
(d) Because he has fallen in love and wants to marry.
5. What entertainment do the Prince and the Yephanchins watch after they walk in the park?
(a) A juggler.
(b) A band.
(c) A singer.
(d) A puppet show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hippolite's response to Madam Yephanchin's anger?
2. When Hippolite wakes at Myshkin's celebration, how long does a party member say he's been asleep?
3. After Myshkin returns to the Yephanchins' house, following the walk in the park and the fight, what does Aglaya show Myshkin how to do?
4. How long does Ganja tell Myshkin that Nastassya has been in town?
5. Who does Madam Yephanchin learn came to visit Aglaya while she was out?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Myshkin learn that Nastassya is in town?
2. What is Ganja's attitude toward his father?
3. How does General Ivolgin act when he talks to Myshkin after his argument with Lebedev?
4. What does Myskhin's view of dueling seem to be?
5. How would Myshkin probably act, if he were in Lebedev's place in the disagreement between Lebedev and General Ivolgin?
6. How does Myshkin answer Nastassya's question to him, and what is Rogozhin's response?
7. Why does Burdovsky feel he is owed something from Myshkin?
8. What does Madam Yephanchin feel about her daughter's relationship with Myshkin?
9. What are Agalya's plans for herself and Myshkin when she first meets him in the park?
10. What does Aglaya say to Myshkin, after her proposal to him?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)