|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Madam Yephanchin feel about the Prince's visitors?
(a) She dislikes the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(b) She is envious of the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(c) She is bored with the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(d) She likes the people who are visiting Myshkin.
2. Who is Ganja arguing with, when Varya comes home at the beginning of Part IV?
(a) General Yephanchin.
(c) Ganja and Varya's father.
(d) Varya's husband.
3. How does Ganja feel about HIppolite?
(a) Ganja doesn't care about Hippolite.
(b) Ganja admires Hippolite.
(c) Ganja loves Hippolite as a brother.
(d) Ganja hates Hippolite.
4. What does Koyla ask his father to do?
(a) Leave the city with Koyla.
(b) Come home.
(c) Apologize to Ganja.
(d) Find a job.
5. How does the party react when Vera says Hippolite is going to kill himself?
(a) No one reacts, acting bored.
(b) Everyone gets angry and yells at Hippolite.
(c) Everyone laughs, disbelieving.
(d) Everyone is upset and runs to stop Hippolite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aglaya say she comes some mornings at 7 o'clock?
2. When Hippolite wakes at Myshkin's celebration, how long does a party member say he's been asleep?
3. What does Myshkin say, when Aglaya asks him to marry her in Part IV, Chapter V?
4. To whom does Aglaya ask Koyla to give the animal she's bought?
5. Does Myshkin believe Lebedev's story about finding the money?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Myshkin learn that Nastassya is in town?
2. What leads up to the violence in the park?
3. Why does Burdovsky feel he is owed something from Myshkin?
4. How do Myshkin and Agalya each interpret Myshkin's earlier letter to Agalya?
5. How would Myshkin probably act, if he were in Lebedev's place in the disagreement between Lebedev and General Ivolgin?
6. What are Agalya's plans for herself and Myshkin when she first meets him in the park?
7. What does Madam Yephanchin feel about her daughter's relationship with Myshkin?
8. How does General Ivolgin act when he talks to Myshkin after his argument with Lebedev?
9. Why hasn't Myshkin visited the Yephanchins?
10. How does Aglaya react to winning and losing at games?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)