|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hippolite mention seeing in a dream?
(a) A spider.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A rat.
(d) A snake.
2. What entertainment do the Prince and the Yephanchins watch after they walk in the park?
(a) A puppet show.
(b) A band.
(c) A singer.
(d) A juggler.
3. Where does Myshkin recuperate from his seizure?
(a) Ganja's boarding house.
(b) Rogozhin's house.
(c) Lebedev's villa.
(d) The Yephanchin's house.
4. What has Varya been trying to do in her visits to the Yephanchins' house?
(a) Get Aglaya to marry her brother.
(b) Convince General Yephanchin to forgive a loan.
(c) Convince Adelaide to run away with Koyla.
(d) Win a favor from Madam Yephanchin.
5. At the beginning of Part III, Chapter VI, what decor from Rogozhin's home does Hippolite talk about?
(a) A religious painting.
(b) A lamp that shines all night.
(c) A secret drawer in the dresser.
(d) A rug woven in the design of a cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ganja blame for Burdovsky's claim against Myshkin?
2. Who does Myshkin stop one of the officer friends of the Yephanshins from hitting?
3. What is Hippolite's response to Madam Yephanchin's anger?
4. How does Madam Yephanchin feel about the Prince's visitors?
5. When the Prince and Rogozhin get back to Myshkin's house, what have a group of visitors gathered to celebrate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hippolite want to kill himself?
2. What does Madam Yephanchin feel about her daughter's relationship with Myshkin?
3. What does Ganja report about Burdovsky's relationship with Pavlishtchev?
4. How would Myshkin probably act, if he were in Lebedev's place in the disagreement between Lebedev and General Ivolgin?
5. How do the guests at the Yephanchins' react to Myshkin's response to Radomsky's political views?
6. How does Myshkin contradict what Aglaya has told him about Ganja?
7. How do Myshkin and Agalya each interpret Myshkin's earlier letter to Agalya?
8. What leads up to the violence in the park?
9. Why does Burdovsky feel he is owed something from Myshkin?
10. What is Ganja's attitude toward his father?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)