|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Madam Yephanchin learn came to visit Aglaya while she was out?
2. Who does Lebedev think stole his missing money?
(d) General Yephanchin.
3. Who does Myshkin stop one of the officer friends of the Yephanshins from hitting?
(c) Madam Yephanchin.
4. When Nastassya sees Myshkin at the end of Chapter VI, what does she do?
(a) Sit down on his lap.
(b) Stand above him on the stairs.
(c) Get down on her knees.
(d) Lay prone on the grass.
5. What does Ganja tell Varya he wants to do at the beginning of Part IV?
(a) Throw Ganja's father out of the house.
(b) Invite Myshkin to come stay with them.
(c) Help Varya and her husband move out on their own.
(d) Get payment on the loan he mae to Varya.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase did Koyla overhear Aglaya say while she was reading Don Quixote?
2. What does Burdovsky want from Myshkin?
3. Nastassya has written Aglaya several letters that Aglaya shows Myshkin. What do these letters ask Aglaya to do?
4. When the Prince and Rogozhin get back to Myshkin's house, what have a group of visitors gathered to celebrate?
5. What does Hippolite say he is going to read?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ganja report about Burdovsky's relationship with Pavlishtchev?
2. What happens when Hippolite tries to kill himself?
3. How does Myshkin treat Rogozhin, after Rogozhin tried to kill him?
4. What is Ganja's attitude toward his father?
5. How does Myshkin feel, when he gets to Madam Yephanchin and is sitting at the table with Aglaya and the other guests?
6. How do the guests at the Yephanchins' react to Myshkin's response to Radomsky's political views?
7. How would Myshkin probably act, if he were in Lebedev's place in the disagreement between Lebedev and General Ivolgin?
8. How do Myshkin and Agalya each interpret Myshkin's earlier letter to Agalya?
9. How does Madam Yephanchin react, after Burdovsky and his companions object to the information Ganja reveals about Burdovsky?
10. How does Aglaya react to winning and losing at games?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)