|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Myshkin say, when Aglaya asks him to marry her in Part IV, Chapter V?
(a) He says yes, but that he will never love her.
(b) He says yes and that he loves her.
(c) He says no, but he loves her.
(d) He says no and that he will never love her.
2. How does the party react when Vera says Hippolite is going to kill himself?
(a) No one reacts, acting bored.
(b) Everyone is upset and runs to stop Hippolite.
(c) Everyone laughs, disbelieving.
(d) Everyone gets angry and yells at Hippolite.
3. Who does Madam Yephanchin learn came to visit Aglaya while she was out?
4. How long does Ganja tell Myshkin that Nastassya has been in town?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two hours.
(c) One week.
(d) A fortnight.
5. When Hippolite wakes at Myshkin's celebration, how long does a party member say he's been asleep?
(a) Forty-two minutes.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) Seven minutes.
(d) One hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is Lebedev missing?
2. Who wrote the article?
3. What does Aglaya change when she recites from a reading?
4. When Nastassya sees Myshkin at the end of Chapter VI, what does she do?
5. What does Ganja tell Varya he wants to do at the beginning of Part IV?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Myshkin answer Nastassya's question to him, and what is Rogozhin's response?
2. How does Myshkin learn that Nastassya is in town?
3. What is Ganja's attitude toward his father?
4. Why does Burdovsky feel he is owed something from Myshkin?
5. How would Myshkin probably act, if he were in Lebedev's place in the disagreement between Lebedev and General Ivolgin?
6. What does Ganja report about Burdovsky's relationship with Pavlishtchev?
7. Why hasn't Myshkin visited the Yephanchins?
8. How do Myshkin and Agalya each interpret Myshkin's earlier letter to Agalya?
9. Why does Hippolite want to kill himself?
10. What happens when Hippolite tries to kill himself?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)