|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the note that Varya finds on Ganja's desk?
2. What does Myshkin tell General Tephanchin when he asks Myshkin about Nastassya?
(a) Myshkin says Nastassya no longer interests him.
(b) Myshkin says Nastassya is bewilderingly lovely.
(c) Myshkin says Nastassya is kind and misunderstood.
(d) Myshkin says Nastassya is insane.
3. What animal does Aglaya buy from Koyla?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) An armadillo.
(c) A hedgehog.
(d) A cat.
4. What does Nastassya ask Myshkin?
(a) What he is thinking.
(b) Whether he is happy.
(c) Whether he loves her.
(d) When he is leaving.
5. What is Madam Yephanchin's position about the possibility of Myshkin marrying her daughter Aglaya?
(a) She says Myshkin can never marry her daughter.
(b) She doesn't care if Myshkin marries her daughter.
(c) She says Myshkin must marry her daughter.
(d) She says Myshkin can only marry her daughter if he's no longer involved with Rogozhin.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Madam Yephanchin's gathering, who argues that Burdovsky did not take advantage of Myshkin?
2. Who does Madam Yephanchin wonder if Aglaya is seriously interested in, at the beginning of Part III?
3. Why does Hippolite realize, after seeing Rogozhin in his room at night, that Rogozhin couldn't have been there?
4. Who is Ganja arguing with, when Varya comes home at the beginning of Part IV?
5. How much money is Lebedev missing?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)