|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ganja feel about HIppolite?
(a) Ganja doesn't care about Hippolite.
(b) Ganja admires Hippolite.
(c) Ganja loves Hippolite as a brother.
(d) Ganja hates Hippolite.
2. Who does Lebedev think stole his missing money?
(a) General Yephanchin.
3. What is Madam Yephanchin's position about the possibility of Myshkin marrying her daughter Aglaya?
(a) She says Myshkin can only marry her daughter if he's no longer involved with Rogozhin.
(b) She says Myshkin can never marry her daughter.
(c) She doesn't care if Myshkin marries her daughter.
(d) She says Myshkin must marry her daughter.
4. Who comes in Hippolite's dream, when he calls for help?
(a) His sister.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. Where does Myshkin recuperate from his seizure?
(a) The Yephanchin's house.
(b) Rogozhin's house.
(c) Lebedev's villa.
(d) Ganja's boarding house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Madam Yephanchin learn came to visit Aglaya while she was out?
2. Who first points out the article about Myshkin in the newspaper?
3. Who tells Myshkin that the duel with the officer has been called off?
4. Who does Madam Yephanchin wonder if Aglaya is seriously interested in, at the beginning of Part III?
5. When Nastassya sees Myshkin at the end of Chapter VI, what does she do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ganja's attitude toward his father?
2. What does Myskhin's view of dueling seem to be?
3. What does Aglaya say to Myshkin, after her proposal to him?
4. How does Madam Yephanchin react, after Burdovsky and his companions object to the information Ganja reveals about Burdovsky?
5. How would Myshkin probably act, if he were in Lebedev's place in the disagreement between Lebedev and General Ivolgin?
6. How do Myshkin and Agalya each interpret Myshkin's earlier letter to Agalya?
7. What does Madam Yephanchin feel about her daughter's relationship with Myshkin?
8. What leads up to the violence in the park?
9. How do the guests at the Yephanchins' react to Myshkin's response to Radomsky's political views?
10. How does Aglaya react to winning and losing at games?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)