|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madam Yephachin tell Myshkin to get for her?
(a) The tea service from the kitchen.
(b) Her husband's accounting book.
(c) Nastassya Filippovna's photograph.
(d) A jewel case from her bedroom.
2. Who does Myshkin try to visit at the Scales hotel?
3. Whose death does Yephanchin tell a story about?
(a) His mother.
(b) His landlady.
(c) His schoolteacher.
(d) His sister.
4. What is Myshkin's reaction to Rogozhin's marriage proposal?
(a) Myshkin also proposes to Nastassya.
(b) Myshkin warns Nastassya against Rogozhin.
(c) Myshkin encourages Nastassya to marry Rogozhin.
(d) Myshkin says he doesn't care if Nastassya marries Rogozhin.
5. What is Myshkin's explanation for why Nastassya left Rogozhin?
(a) She is secretly in love with someone else.
(b) She can't abide the idea of marrying anyone.
(c) She wants more money than Rogozhin can give her.
(d) She can't deal with Rogozhin's paranoia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country was the hospital located where Prince Myshkin stayed?
2. Where does Ganja live?
3. Who does the General offer Totsky to marry?
4. What story does Ganja's father tell?
5. Who does the General suggest should marry Nastassya Filippovna?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Myshkin predict about Rogozhin and Nastassya Filippovna?
2. What reason does Yephanchin say he has to be guilty over someone's death?
3. What stories does Myshkin tell Rogozhin about religion?
4. How does Totsky describe Nastassya's behavior as she grew up?
5. How does Aglaya react to Ganja's letter?
6. What does Ferdyshchenko describe doing to make sure someone else is blamed for his own theft?
7. What does Yephanchin say that he did to make up for his guilty feelings?
8. What does Ferdyshchenko do with his ill-gotten gains?
9. How do the Yephanchins' three daughters react to Myshkin?
10. What wrongs does Ganja accuse Myshkin of during this section?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)