|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Prince Myshkin traveling to meet?
(b) Madame Yephanchin.
(d) Nastassya Flippovna.
2. How does Myshkin react when Ganja calls him an idiot?
3. What reason does Ganja give for wanting Myshkin as a friend?
(a) That he needs someone like Myshkin to believe in his goodness.
(b) That he wants to keep an eye on Myshkin, who he doesn't trust.
(c) That scoundrels need honest men.
(d) That Myshkin is fun to listen to.
4. Does Nastassya accept Myshkin's proposal?
(a) Yes, but then she almost immediately leavs with Rogozhin.
(b) No, she accepts Rogozhin immediately.
(c) Yes, and she leaves with him.
(d) No, she accepts no one's proposal.
5. What does Nastassya do with Rogozhin's money?
(a) She throws it in the fire.
(b) She gives it to Myshkin.
(c) She tears it up.
(d) She throws it into the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes first in the game?
2. Who does Madam Yephanchin want to talk to as soon as she sees the photo of Nastassya?
3. At the beginning of the first chapter, where are the men in the train traveling to?
4. Who finally brings Myshkin to Nastassya's house?
5. When the Yephachin women ask what Myshkin thinks of them, who does he avoid commenting on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Myshkin when Rogozhin tries to kill him?
2. Why is Ganja marrying Nastassya?
3. How does Totsky describe Nastassya's behavior as she grew up?
4. What does Rogozhin and Lebedev's relationship seem to be like during their conversation on the train?
5. What happened to the man that Totsky wronged in his story?
6. What reason does Yephanchin say he has to be guilty over someone's death?
7. What does Myshkin feel when he gets off the train arriving in St. Petersburg?
8. How does Myshkin describe Aglaya?
9. How do the Yephanchins' three daughters react to Myshkin?
10. What does Myshkin predict about Rogozhin and Nastassya Filippovna?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)