|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Prince Myshkin traveling to meet?
(b) Madame Yephanchin.
(d) Nastassya Flippovna.
2. Who gives Aglaya a letter from Myshkin?
3. Whose death does Yephanchin tell a story about?
(a) His sister.
(b) His landlady.
(c) His schoolteacher.
(d) His mother.
4. Whose house does Myshkin go to when he first arrives back in St. Petersburg?
(a) The Yephanchins' house.
(b) Lebedev's house.
(c) Rogozhin's house.
(d) Ganja's house.
5. How do the party guests decide what order to play the game?
(a) They volunteer to go next.
(b) They draw names from a hat.
(c) They go around the table clockwise.
(d) They go in alphabetical order according to name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Nastassya accept Myshkin's proposal?
2. How does Nastassya react to Rogozhin's arrival?
3. Who does Myshkin think is following him?
4. How did the General's wife react to his gift to Nastassya Filoppovna?
5. What does Ganja's father throw out a window in the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the footman treat Prince Myshkin when he first arrives at the Yephanchins' house?
2. How did Rogozhin become estranged from his father?
3. What does Myshkin say that he does not care about, before he proposes to Nastassya?
4. Why is Ganja marrying Nastassya?
5. What does Rogozhin and Lebedev's relationship seem to be like during their conversation on the train?
6. How does Ganja's father embarrass him?
7. How does Myshkin respond when Adelaide asks him about falling in love?
8. What does Rogozhin describe as having happened between him and Nastassya before she left him?
9. How does the General treat Prince Myshkin?
10. How do the Yephanchins' three daughters react to Myshkin?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)