|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the General describe the Prince to his wife?
(a) As a pleasant, interesting man.
(b) As a happy-go-lucky, carefree man.
(c) As a very strange, unnatural man.
(d) As a very ill and incapacitated man.
2. What does Myshkin think of the picture of Nastassya Filippovna?
(a) He thinks she looks beautiful and happy.
(b) He thinks she looks beautiful but tragic.
(c) He thinks she looks unpleasant and sad.
(d) He thinks she looks unpleasant but happy.
3. Where does Myshkin go to claim his inheritance?
4. Who does the General offer Totsky to marry?
(a) His daugher Alexandra.
(b) Nastassya Filippovna.
(c) His daughter Adelaida.
(d) His daughter Aglaya.
5. How did the General's wife react to his gift to Nastassya Filoppovna?
(a) She was upset.
(b) She was happy.
(c) She never found out about it.
(d) She didn't care.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Rogozhin offer for Nastassya's hand in marriage?
2. How does the party in general react to Rogozhin's arrival?
3. How does Lebedev react when Rogozhin tells who he is?
4. What does Rogozhin say his reason is for traveling to Russia?
5. What does Rogozhin give to Nastassya?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Totsky describe Nastassya's behavior as she grew up?
2. What does Nastassya ask Myshkin, after hearing the stories of the men at the party?
3. How does the General treat Prince Myshkin?
4. What does Rogozhin describe as having happened between him and Nastassya before she left him?
5. What does Ferdyshchenko describe doing to make sure someone else is blamed for his own theft?
6. How does the footman treat Prince Myshkin when he first arrives at the Yephanchins' house?
7. How does Nastassya react to Rogozhin's offer of a present?
8. What stories does Myshkin tell Rogozhin about religion?
9. What does Nastassya say initially to Myshkin's proposal?
10. What happens to Myshkin when Rogozhin tries to kill him?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)