|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did Totsky take in Nastassya as his ward?
(a) Twenty-four years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Eighteen years.
2. What does Aglaya ask Myshkin to do?
(a) Write in her album.
(b) Give her a photograph.
(c) Give her a lock of hair.
(d) Take her for a carriage ride.
3. What gift did the General buy Nastassya Filoppovna?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) Pearl earrings.
(c) A saphire bracelet.
(d) A ruby ring.
4. What does Nastassya use to retrieve the money?
(a) She uses a bowl.
(b) She uses her hands.
(c) She has a servant get it.
(d) She uses tongs.
5. Whose death does Yephanchin tell a story about?
(a) His mother.
(b) His schoolteacher.
(c) His sister.
(d) His landlady.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Yephachin women ask what Myshkin thinks of them, who does he avoid commenting on?
2. In what country was the hospital located where Prince Myshkin stayed?
3. Who gives Aglaya a letter from Myshkin?
4. Has Nastassya met Ganja's family before her arrival on Myshkin's first night there?
5. Who finally brings Myshkin to Nastassya's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aglaya react to Ganja's letter?
2. How does the General treat Prince Myshkin?
3. What does Yephanchin say that he did to make up for his guilty feelings?
4. How does Madam Yephanchin react to Myshkin going off to collect his inheritance?
5. What does Myshkin feel when he gets off the train arriving in St. Petersburg?
6. What does Ferdyshchenko describe doing to make sure someone else is blamed for his own theft?
7. What does Rogozhin and Lebedev's relationship seem to be like during their conversation on the train?
8. How does Myshkin respond when Adelaide asks him about falling in love?
9. What does Myshkin do, when Ganja apologizes for hitting him?
10. How did Rogozhin become estranged from his father?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)