|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Myshkin learn about Nastassya's engagement to Rogozhin?
(a) Nastassya is rumored to have married Rogozhin and then left him a week later.
(b) Nastassya is rumored to have married Rogozhin and left the country with him.
(c) Nastassya is rumored to have left Rogozhin on their wedding day.
(d) Nastassya is rumored to have run off with Rogozhin without marrying him.
2. What is Rogozhin's house like?
(a) Large and gloomy.
(b) Small and gloomy.
(c) Large and bright.
(d) Small and bright.
3. What is Myshkin's reaction to Rogozhin's marriage proposal?
(a) Myshkin warns Nastassya against Rogozhin.
(b) Myshkin says he doesn't care if Nastassya marries Rogozhin.
(c) Myshkin encourages Nastassya to marry Rogozhin.
(d) Myshkin also proposes to Nastassya.
4. What is the General's opinion of Rogozhin?
(a) The General is jealous of him.
(b) The General doesn't know him.
(c) The General dislikes him.
(d) The General admires him.
5. What is Rogozhin's explanation for why Nastassya left him?
(a) She is trying to make Rogozhin submit to her completely.
(b) She is in love with Myshkin.
(c) She is too stubborn to admit that she loves Rogozhin.
(d) She can't forgive what Rogozin has done to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Rogozhin offer for Nastassya's hand in marriage?
2. How does Myshkin react when Ganja calls him an idiot?
3. What do some guests at the party criticize Myshkin for?
4. Does Nastassya accept Myshkin's proposal?
5. What does Nastassya use to retrieve the money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ferdyshchenko describe doing to make sure someone else is blamed for his own theft?
2. Why is Ganja marrying Nastassya?
3. What happened to the man that Totsky wronged in his story?
4. What does Rogozhin describe as having happened between him and Nastassya before she left him?
5. How does Nastassya react to Rogozhin's offer of a present?
6. What does Yephanchin say that he did to make up for his guilty feelings?
7. How do the Yephanchins' three daughters react to Myshkin?
8. What does Myshkin feel when he gets off the train arriving in St. Petersburg?
9. What is Myshkin and Rogozhin's initial meeting like, when Myshkin visits Rogozhin's house upon returning to St. Petersburg?
10. How does the General treat Prince Myshkin?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)