|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Nastassya accept Myshkin's proposal?
(a) No, she accepts no one's proposal.
(b) Yes, and she leaves with him.
(c) No, she accepts Rogozhin immediately.
(d) Yes, but then she almost immediately leavs with Rogozhin.
2. What happens to Ganja's father while Myshkin is away?
(a) Ganja's father is arrested for public indecency.
(b) Ganja's father is put into debtor's prison.
(c) Ganja's father dies of alcohol poisoning.
(d) Ganja's father falls ill and is in the hospital.
3. Has Nastassya met Ganja's family before her arrival on Myshkin's first night there?
(a) No, and the family leaves before Nastassya arrives.
(b) No, it is their first meeting.
(c) Yes, she has met them once.
(d) Yes, she has met them numerous times.
4. Where does Ganja live?
(a) In a room in an old woman's house.
(b) In his family's boarding house.
(c) Alone in a small house.
(d) In a cottage on a large estate.
5. What do Ganja and his family argue about?
(a) Ganja bringing Myshkin home with him.
(b) Ganja's job working for General Yephanchin.
(c) Ganja's plans to move to a new home.
(d) Ganja's plans to marry Nastassya.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aglaya ask Myshkin to do?
2. What does Madam Yephanchin think her husband is doing behind her back?
3. What gift did the General buy Nastassya Filoppovna?
4. What is the General's plan for his daughter Aglaya?
5. Who is Prince Myshkin traveling to meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ganja marrying Nastassya?
2. What does Myshkin do, when Ganja apologizes for hitting him?
3. What does Nastassya ask Myshkin, after hearing the stories of the men at the party?
4. How did Rogozhin become estranged from his father?
5. What does Myshkin say that he does not care about, before he proposes to Nastassya?
6. How does the footman treat Prince Myshkin when he first arrives at the Yephanchins' house?
7. What wrongs does Ganja accuse Myshkin of during this section?
8. What happens to Myshkin when Rogozhin tries to kill him?
9. How does Myshkin describe Aglaya?
10. What does Rogozhin describe as having happened between him and Nastassya before she left him?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)