|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Yephachin women ask what Myshkin thinks of them, who does he avoid commenting on?
(d) Madam Yephachin.
2. What does Madam Yephanchin think her husband is doing behind her back?
(a) Arranging a trip.
(b) Buying property.
(c) Arranging marriages.
(d) Starting a business.
3. What does Ganja do when Madam Yephanchin confronts him about what she suspects her husband is doing behind her back?
(a) He says that he shares her suspicions but doesn't know for a fact it's true.
(b) He admits that she is right.
(c) He denies any knowledge of it.
(d) He promises to search her husband's papers for any evidence.
4. Who goes first in the game?
5. What does Myshkin learn about Nastassya's engagement to Rogozhin?
(a) Nastassya is rumored to have married Rogozhin and then left him a week later.
(b) Nastassya is rumored to have run off with Rogozhin without marrying him.
(c) Nastassya is rumored to have left Rogozhin on their wedding day.
(d) Nastassya is rumored to have married Rogozhin and left the country with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rogozhin give to Nastassya?
2. Who is home when Myshkin visits the Yephanchins' house, after leaving Rogozhin?
3. What do Rogozhin and Myshkin exchange with each other?
4. How long ago did Totsky take in Nastassya as his ward?
5. Who is at the door at Ganja's home, when Myshkin answers it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yephanchin say that he did to make up for his guilty feelings?
2. Why is Ganja marrying Nastassya?
3. How does Ganja's father embarrass him?
4. What happens to Myshkin when Rogozhin tries to kill him?
5. What does Ferdyshchenko do with his ill-gotten gains?
6. What stories does Myshkin tell Rogozhin about religion?
7. What does Myshkin say that he does not care about, before he proposes to Nastassya?
8. What does Nastassya say initially to Myshkin's proposal?
9. What does Ferdyshchenko describe doing to make sure someone else is blamed for his own theft?
10. What does Nastassya ask Myshkin, after hearing the stories of the men at the party?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)