|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the General's wife react to his gift to Nastassya Filoppovna?
(a) She never found out about it.
(b) She was upset.
(c) She was happy.
(d) She didn't care.
2. Who gives Aglaya a letter from Myshkin?
3. Who does the General suggest should marry Nastassya Filippovna?
(c) His assistant Ganja.
(d) Prince Myshkin.
4. What illness does Prince Myshkin suffer from?
5. How does the General describe the Prince to his wife?
(a) As a happy-go-lucky, carefree man.
(b) As a pleasant, interesting man.
(c) As a very ill and incapacitated man.
(d) As a very strange, unnatural man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Madam Yephanchin want to talk to as soon as she sees the photo of Nastassya?
2. Who is at the door at Ganja's home, when Myshkin answers it?
3. What happens to Ganja's father while Myshkin is away?
4. Where does Ganja live?
5. What do some guests at the party criticize Myshkin for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Myshkin describe Aglaya?
2. What happens when Hippolite tries to kill himself?
3. Why does Burdovsky feel he is owed something from Myshkin?
4. At the meeting at Daria Alexyevna's house, how does Aglaya treat Nastassya?
5. How does Myshkin learn that Nastassya is in town?
6. Why is Ganja marrying Nastassya?
7. How does Aglaya react, after Myshkin's engagement to Nastassya?
8. What stories does Myshkin tell Rogozhin about religion?
9. How does Aglaya react to winning and losing at games?
10. What does Rogozhin describe as having happened between him and Nastassya before she left him?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)