|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Myshkin try to visit at the Scales hotel?
2. Who invites Myshkin to sit next to them?
(b) General Yephanchin.
3. How do the party guests decide what order to play the game?
(a) They volunteer to go next.
(b) They go around the table clockwise.
(c) They draw names from a hat.
(d) They go in alphabetical order according to name.
4. Has Nastassya met Ganja's family before her arrival on Myshkin's first night there?
(a) Yes, she has met them once.
(b) No, and the family leaves before Nastassya arrives.
(c) Yes, she has met them numerous times.
(d) No, it is their first meeting.
5. Whose death does Yephanchin tell a story about?
(a) His sister.
(b) His landlady.
(c) His schoolteacher.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is Myshkin about to inherit?
2. Who does Ganja ask Myshkin to deliver a secret letter to?
3. What is the General's opinion of Rogozhin?
4. Who does the General find a picture of?
5. What does Ganja ask Aglaya to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ganja marrying Nastassya?
2. What does Ferdyshchenko do with his ill-gotten gains?
3. How does Ganja's father embarrass him?
4. What does Myshkin say that he does not care about, before he proposes to Nastassya?
5. How does the General treat Prince Myshkin?
6. How do the Yephanchins' three daughters react to Myshkin?
7. What does Nastassya say initially to Myshkin's proposal?
8. How does Myshkin describe Aglaya?
9. What does Yephanchin say that he did to make up for his guilty feelings?
10. What happens to Myshkin when Rogozhin tries to kill him?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)