|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madam Yephanchin think her husband is doing behind her back?
(a) Arranging a trip.
(b) Buying property.
(c) Starting a business.
(d) Arranging marriages.
2. What is Totsky's story about?
(a) Sending a false letter to a woman's husband.
(b) Blackmailing a priest.
(c) Stealing a woman's affections.
(d) Seducing an older woman for money.
3. Whose house does Myshkin go to when he first arrives back in St. Petersburg?
(a) Rogozhin's house.
(b) The Yephanchins' house.
(c) Lebedev's house.
(d) Ganja's house.
4. Who does Ganja ask Myshkin to deliver a secret letter to?
(a) General Yephachin.
(b) Madam Yephachin.
(c) Nastassya Filippovna.
5. What does Nastassya use to retrieve the money?
(a) She uses her hands.
(b) She has a servant get it.
(c) She uses tongs.
(d) She uses a bowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is home when Myshkin visits the Yephanchins' house, after leaving Rogozhin?
2. What does Nastassya do with Rogozhin's money?
3. How does Myshkin react when Ganja calls him an idiot?
4. Where does Myshkin plan to live?
5. What does Myshkin threaten to do, after Ganja calls him an idiot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Yephanchins' three daughters react to Myshkin?
2. How does Myshkin describe Aglaya?
3. How does Myshkin respond when Adelaide asks him about falling in love?
4. What does Myshkin feel when he gets off the train arriving in St. Petersburg?
5. What does Ferdyshchenko do with his ill-gotten gains?
6. What does Yephanchin say that he did to make up for his guilty feelings?
7. What stories does Myshkin tell Rogozhin about religion?
8. How does Ganja's father embarrass him?
9. What does Ferdyshchenko describe doing to make sure someone else is blamed for his own theft?
10. What does Myshkin predict about Rogozhin and Nastassya Filippovna?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)