|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rogozhin's mother do to Myshkin?
(a) She curses him.
(b) She orders him out of the house.
(c) She orders him to take her away from Rogozhin.
(d) She blesses him.
2. How long ago did Totsky take in Nastassya as his ward?
(a) Twenty-four years.
(b) Eighteen years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Twelve years.
3. Who is Prince Myshkin traveling to meet?
(b) Madame Yephanchin.
(c) Nastassya Flippovna.
4. Who does the General suggest that Prince Myshkin stay with?
(b) The Yephanchins.
(d) Nastassya Filippovna.
5. Whose death does Yephanchin tell a story about?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His landlady.
(d) His schoolteacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aglaya ask Myshkin to do?
2. In what country was the hospital located where Prince Myshkin stayed?
3. Who does Ganja ask Myshkin to deliver a secret letter to?
4. What is Totsky's story about?
5. Who does the General offer Totsky to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Myshkin when Rogozhin tries to kill him?
2. What is Myshkin and Rogozhin's initial meeting like, when Myshkin visits Rogozhin's house upon returning to St. Petersburg?
3. How does Aglaya react to Ganja's letter?
4. How does Nastassya react to Rogozhin's offer of a present?
5. What does Myshkin feel when he gets off the train arriving in St. Petersburg?
6. What does Nastassya ask Myshkin, after hearing the stories of the men at the party?
7. What does Ferdyshchenko do with his ill-gotten gains?
8. How does Ganja come to blows with Myshkin, and how does Myshkin respond?
9. How does the footman treat Prince Myshkin when he first arrives at the Yephanchins' house?
10. How does Myshkin describe Aglaya?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)