|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country was the hospital located where Prince Myshkin stayed?
2. Who does the visitor mistake Myshkin for?
(a) A tradesman selling kitchenware.
(b) A footman.
(c) A man courting Ganja's sister.
(d) A relative of Ganja's.
3. What does Ganja think of Myshkin, after he's gotten to know him?
(a) Ganja thinks Myshkin is conniving.
(b) Ganja thinks Myshkin is selfish.
(c) Ganja thinks Myshkin is thoughtful.
(d) Ganja thinks Myshkin is self-destructive.
4. What does Prince Myshkin smoke?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A hooka.
5. Where does Ganja live?
(a) In a cottage on a large estate.
(b) In a room in an old woman's house.
(c) Alone in a small house.
(d) In his family's boarding house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Ganja's father tell?
2. How does the General describe the Prince to his wife?
3. What does Rogozhin do after attempting to kill Myshkin?
4. How does Myshkin react when Ganja calls him an idiot?
5. What is General Yephanchin's initial response to the Prince's request for help?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Myshkin feel when he gets off the train arriving in St. Petersburg?
2. What does Rogozhin and Lebedev's relationship seem to be like during their conversation on the train?
3. What happened to the man that Totsky wronged in his story?
4. What happens to Myshkin when Rogozhin tries to kill him?
5. What does Myshkin say that he does not care about, before he proposes to Nastassya?
6. How does the General treat Prince Myshkin?
7. What does Rogozhin describe as having happened between him and Nastassya before she left him?
8. What does Ferdyshchenko describe doing to make sure someone else is blamed for his own theft?
9. How do the Yephanchins' three daughters react to Myshkin?
10. What is Myshkin and Rogozhin's initial meeting like, when Myshkin visits Rogozhin's house upon returning to St. Petersburg?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)