|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Ganja give for wanting Myshkin as a friend?
(a) That he wants to keep an eye on Myshkin, who he doesn't trust.
(b) That he needs someone like Myshkin to believe in his goodness.
(c) That Myshkin is fun to listen to.
(d) That scoundrels need honest men.
2. How do the party guests decide what order to play the game?
(a) They volunteer to go next.
(b) They go around the table clockwise.
(c) They go in alphabetical order according to name.
(d) They draw names from a hat.
3. What mistake does Myshkin make when he leaves Rogozhin?
(a) He gets into the wrong carriage.
(b) He goes the wrong way.
(c) He forgets to open the door.
(d) He forgest he's leaving and comes back.
4. What does Nastassya use to retrieve the money?
(a) She has a servant get it.
(b) She uses tongs.
(c) She uses her hands.
(d) She uses a bowl.
5. Who gets fired in Ferdyshchenko's story?
(a) Ferdyshchenko's brother.
(b) A clerk at a shop.
(d) A servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rogozhin say his reason is for traveling to Russia?
2. What does Nastassya say about Myshkin after his proposal?
3. Where does Rogozhin invite Prince Myshkin?
4. What is Rogozhin's house like?
5. Who invites Myshkin to sit next to them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yephanchin say that he did to make up for his guilty feelings?
2. What does Nastassya say initially to Myshkin's proposal?
3. How does the footman treat Prince Myshkin when he first arrives at the Yephanchins' house?
4. What does Nastassya ask Myshkin, after hearing the stories of the men at the party?
5. How does Madam Yephanchin react to Myshkin going off to collect his inheritance?
6. What does Myshkin say that he does not care about, before he proposes to Nastassya?
7. How does Totsky describe Nastassya's behavior as she grew up?
8. How does Nastassya react to Rogozhin's offer of a present?
9. How do the Yephanchins' three daughters react to Myshkin?
10. What does Ferdyshchenko describe doing to make sure someone else is blamed for his own theft?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)