|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Myshkin learn about Nastassya's engagement to Rogozhin?
(a) Nastassya is rumored to have run off with Rogozhin without marrying him.
(b) Nastassya is rumored to have married Rogozhin and then left him a week later.
(c) Nastassya is rumored to have married Rogozhin and left the country with him.
(d) Nastassya is rumored to have left Rogozhin on their wedding day.
2. How do the party guests decide what order to play the game?
(a) They volunteer to go next.
(b) They go in alphabetical order according to name.
(c) They go around the table clockwise.
(d) They draw names from a hat.
3. Who does Nastassya expect to try to get the money?
4. What skill does the Prince tell the General that he has?
(b) Architectural drafting.
5. How long is Myshkin away from St. Petersburg?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Myshkin to sit next to them?
2. What does Nastassya say about Myshkin after his proposal?
3. What does Myshkin pick up without thinking about it, while he is talking to Rogozhin?
4. What does Ganja think of Myshkin, after he's gotten to know him?
5. What happens to Ganja, after Nastassya gives up Rogozhin's money?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nastassya react to Rogozhin's offer of a present?
2. What happens to Myshkin when Rogozhin tries to kill him?
3. How does Totsky describe Nastassya's behavior as she grew up?
4. How does Myshkin respond when Adelaide asks him about falling in love?
5. How does the footman treat Prince Myshkin when he first arrives at the Yephanchins' house?
6. How does Ganja's father embarrass him?
7. What does Rogozhin and Lebedev's relationship seem to be like during their conversation on the train?
8. What does Nastassya ask Myshkin, after hearing the stories of the men at the party?
9. What does Nastassya say initially to Myshkin's proposal?
10. What is Myshkin and Rogozhin's initial meeting like, when Myshkin visits Rogozhin's house upon returning to St. Petersburg?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)