|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Ganja, after Nastassya gives up Rogozhin's money?
(a) He screams uncontrollably.
(b) He runs out of the house.
(c) He hits his head, knocking himself unconscious.
(d) He faints.
2. Who gives Aglaya a letter from Myshkin?
3. Who does Myshkin try to visit at the Scales hotel?
4. Whose death does Yephanchin tell a story about?
(a) His schoolteacher.
(b) His landlady.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
5. What does Rogozhin's mother do to Myshkin?
(a) She orders him to take her away from Rogozhin.
(b) She orders him out of the house.
(c) She curses him.
(d) She blesses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did General Yephanchin make his reputation and fortune?
2. Where does Rogozhin suggest that Myshkin should stay, after the fight with Ganja?
3. What does Aglaya ask Myshkin to read?
4. What does Prince Myshkin smoke?
5. What do some guests at the party criticize Myshkin for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yephanchin say that he did to make up for his guilty feelings?
2. What stories does Myshkin tell Rogozhin about religion?
3. How do the Yephanchins' three daughters react to Myshkin?
4. How did Rogozhin become estranged from his father?
5. How does Myshkin describe Aglaya?
6. How does the General treat Prince Myshkin?
7. What does Nastassya say initially to Myshkin's proposal?
8. What does Rogozhin and Lebedev's relationship seem to be like during their conversation on the train?
9. What does Myshkin feel when he gets off the train arriving in St. Petersburg?
10. How does Totsky describe Nastassya's behavior as she grew up?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)