|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift did the General buy Nastassya Filoppovna?
(a) A ruby ring.
(b) Pearl earrings.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) A saphire bracelet.
2. In what country was the hospital located where Prince Myshkin stayed?
3. What does Prince Myshkin smoke?
(a) A hooka.
(b) A cigar.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A cigarette.
4. Where does Myshkin plan to live?
(a) He arranges to buy a house next to Ganja's.
(b) He arranges to stay with Rogozhin permanently.
(c) He arranges to live with the Yephanchins.
(d) He arranges to rent Lebedyev's house in Palovsk.
5. Who does Madam Yephanchin want to talk to as soon as she sees the photo of Nastassya?
(c) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ganja ask Myshkin to deliver a secret letter to?
2. What does Myshkin pick up without thinking about it, while he is talking to Rogozhin?
3. What game does Nastassya suggest to the men?
4. Who does the General suggest should marry Nastassya Filippovna?
5. At the beginning of the first chapter, where are the men in the train traveling to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why hasn't Myshkin visited the Yephanchins?
2. What does Yephanchin say that he did to make up for his guilty feelings?
3. How do the guests at the Yephanchins' react to Myshkin's response to Radomsky's political views?
4. What does Myshkin say that he does not care about, before he proposes to Nastassya?
5. Why is Ganja marrying Nastassya?
6. How does Myshkin react to the fact that Pavicheff converted his religion before his death?
7. What does Nastassya ask Myshkin, after hearing the stories of the men at the party?
8. What does Aglaya say to Myshkin, after her proposal to him?
9. What happens to Myshkin when Rogozhin tries to kill him?
10. Why does Burdovsky feel he is owed something from Myshkin?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)