|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finally brings Myshkin to Nastassya's house?
2. Who does the General offer Totsky to marry?
(a) His daughter Aglaya.
(b) His daugher Alexandra.
(c) His daughter Adelaida.
(d) Nastassya Filippovna.
3. What do Rogozhin and Myshkin exchange with each other?
(b) Silver and gold crosses.
(c) Silver and gold cufflinks.
(d) Walking sticks.
4. What is the General's plan for his daughter Aglaya?
(a) He plans her to marry a rich man.
(b) He plans her to be educated as a teacher.
(c) He plans her to be educated as an artist.
(d) He plans her to be sent to a convent.
5. What does Myshkin think of the picture of Nastassya Filippovna?
(a) He thinks she looks unpleasant and sad.
(b) He thinks she looks unpleasant but happy.
(c) He thinks she looks beautiful but tragic.
(d) He thinks she looks beautiful and happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Madam Yephanchin want to talk to as soon as she sees the photo of Nastassya?
2. How do the party guests decide what order to play the game?
3. What does Nastassya do with Rogozhin's money?
4. What do Ganja and his family argue about?
5. Who does the General suggest that Prince Myshkin stay with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Myshkin say that he does not care about, before he proposes to Nastassya?
2. How does Ganja's father embarrass him?
3. How does Aglaya react to Ganja's letter?
4. How do the Yephanchins' three daughters react to Myshkin?
5. What does Yephanchin say that he did to make up for his guilty feelings?
6. What does Rogozhin describe as having happened between him and Nastassya before she left him?
7. How does Ganja come to blows with Myshkin, and how does Myshkin respond?
8. What happens to Myshkin when Rogozhin tries to kill him?
9. How does Nastassya react to Rogozhin's offer of a present?
10. How does Madam Yephanchin react to Myshkin going off to collect his inheritance?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)