|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Myshkin feel when he leaves the Yephanchin house at the end of Part IV, Chapter V?
2. What does Myshkin do while he is waiting for Aglaya on the park bench?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He talks to a stranger.
(c) He reads.
(d) He watches people and makes up stories about them.
3. How does Myshkin react to the idea that someone stole Lebedev's money?
(a) Myshkin doesn't care.
(b) Myshkin is irritated.
(c) Myshkin is secretly pleased.
(d) Myshkin is horrified.
4. What does Nastassya ask Myshkin?
(a) Whether he is happy.
(b) When he is leaving.
(c) Whether he loves her.
(d) What he is thinking.
5. What reason does Myshkin give Aglaya for him coming to Pavlovsk?
(a) Myshkin says he came to get away from Moscow.
(b) Myshkin says he came to rekindle his friendship with Rogozhin.
(c) Myshkin says he came to win Nastassya's love.
(d) Myshkin says he came to be near Aglaya.
6. What is Radomsky's view of liberalism?
(a) He doesn't have an opinion.
(b) He is opposed to it.
(c) He is in favor of it.
(d) He thinks it's naive but admires it.
7. How does Madam Yephanchin feel about the Prince's visitors?
(a) She likes the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(b) She is envious of the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(c) She dislikes the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(d) She is bored with the people who are visiting Myshkin.
8. Who does General Ivolgin tell Myshkin he befriended as a young boy?
(a) Queen Victoria.
9. What is Hippolite's response to Madam Yephanchin's anger?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He yells at her.
(c) He cries.
(d) He storms out of the room.
10. What does Myshkin say, when Aglaya asks him to marry her in Part IV, Chapter V?
(a) He says yes, but that he will never love her.
(b) He says yes and that he loves her.
(c) He says no and that he will never love her.
(d) He says no, but he loves her.
11. When does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
(a) At sunset.
(b) At midnight.
(c) At noon.
(d) At sunrise.
12. What does Lebedev plan to do about the missing money?
(b) Rob the suspected thief's house.
(c) Mug the suspected thief.
(d) Follow the suspected thief.
13. What does Hippolite say he is going to read?
(a) A story.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) A poem.
(d) A letter.
14. Nastassya has written Aglaya several letters that Aglaya shows Myshkin. What do these letters ask Aglaya to do?
(a) Give Nastassya money.
(b) Marry Myshkin.
(c) Steal a cross from Myshkin.
(d) Stay away from Myshkin.
15. Does Myshkin believe Lebedev's story about finding the money?
(a) No, but he doesn't trouble Lebedev to try to find out the whole truth.
(b) Yes, but later he learns that Lebedev was lying.
(c) No, he questions Lebedev until he learns the whole truth.
(d) Yes, and he continues to believe the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Myshkin asks about Lebedev's missing money, where does Lebedev tell Myshkin he found the money?
2. Who comes in Hippolite's dream, when he calls for help?
3. Who does Ganja blame for Burdovsky's claim against Myshkin?
4. When Nastassya sees Myshkin at the end of Chapter VI, what does she do?
5. Who does Aglaya tell her mother she is going to marry, when Madam Yephanchin interrupts Aglaya and Myshkin's meeting in the park?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)