|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Aglaya tell her mother she is going to marry, when Madam Yephanchin interrupts Aglaya and Myshkin's meeting in the park?
2. What reason does Myshkin give Aglaya for him coming to Pavlovsk?
(a) Myshkin says he came to get away from Moscow.
(b) Myshkin says he came to win Nastassya's love.
(c) Myshkin says he came to be near Aglaya.
(d) Myshkin says he came to rekindle his friendship with Rogozhin.
3. What is Madam Yephanchin's position about the possibility of Myshkin marrying her daughter Aglaya?
(a) She says Myshkin can never marry her daughter.
(b) She says Myshkin can only marry her daughter if he's no longer involved with Rogozhin.
(c) She doesn't care if Myshkin marries her daughter.
(d) She says Myshkin must marry her daughter.
4. What phrase did Koyla overhear Aglaya say while she was reading Don Quixote?
(a) Arrows of adversary.
(b) Poor knight.
(c) Tilting at windmills.
(d) Stern order of chivalry.
5. Who does Myshkin stop one of the officer friends of the Yephanshins from hitting?
(b) Madam Yephanchin.
6. What games do Aglaya's sisters report that she played with her visitor?
(a) Chess and darts.
(b) Darts and croquet.
(c) Cards and chess.
(d) Croquet and cards.
7. Who wrote the note that Varya finds on Ganja's desk?
8. Who wrote the article?
9. Where does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
(a) In Povlovsk Park.
(b) In Rogozhin's library.
(c) In front of Myshkin's home.
(d) In Nastassya's bedroom.
10. Nastassya has written Aglaya several letters that Aglaya shows Myshkin. What do these letters ask Aglaya to do?
(a) Marry Myshkin.
(b) Stay away from Myshkin.
(c) Steal a cross from Myshkin.
(d) Give Nastassya money.
11. How does Madam Yephanchin feel about the Prince's visitors?
(a) She is envious of the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(b) She is bored with the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(c) She likes the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(d) She dislikes the people who are visiting Myshkin.
12. Does Myshkin believe Lebedev's story about finding the money?
(a) Yes, but later he learns that Lebedev was lying.
(b) Yes, and he continues to believe the story.
(c) No, he questions Lebedev until he learns the whole truth.
(d) No, but he doesn't trouble Lebedev to try to find out the whole truth.
13. What does Myshkin tell General Tephanchin when he asks Myshkin about Nastassya?
(a) Myshkin says Nastassya is kind and misunderstood.
(b) Myshkin says Nastassya is bewilderingly lovely.
(c) Myshkin says Nastassya no longer interests him.
(d) Myshkin says Nastassya is insane.
14. When Nastassya sees Myshkin at the end of Chapter VI, what does she do?
(a) Stand above him on the stairs.
(b) Lay prone on the grass.
(c) Get down on her knees.
(d) Sit down on his lap.
15. How much money is Lebedev missing?
(a) 400 roubles.
(b) 200 roubles.
(c) 600 roubles.
(d) 800 roubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Myshkin asks about Lebedev's missing money, where does Lebedev tell Myshkin he found the money?
2. What does Hippolite do when Myshkin tells him to stop reading?
3. Who does Ganja blame for Burdovsky's claim against Myshkin?
4. Who does Madam Yephanchin wonder if Aglaya is seriously interested in, at the beginning of Part III?
5. What illness does Hippolite have?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)