|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aglaya change when she recites from a reading?
(a) Adjectives describing a book.
(b) The location of a house.
(c) Initials on a rosary.
(d) The name of a character.
2. When Radomsky asks for Myshkin's friendship, what is Myshkin's response?
(a) Myshkin immediately offers his friendship.
(b) Myshkin offers his friendship, and then changes his mind.
(c) Myshkin denies his friendship, and then changes his mind.
(d) Myshkin immediately denies his friendship.
3. What does the note Varya finds on Ganja's desk ask for?
(b) A meeting.
(c) A favor.
(d) A loan.
4. Who does Myshkin stop one of the officer friends of the Yephanshins from hitting?
(a) Madam Yephanchin.
5. Who tells Myshkin that the duel with the officer has been called off?
(d) Madame Yephanchin.
6. Where does Aglaya say she comes some mornings at 7 o'clock?
(a) A small cafe on a street corner.
(b) A green bench in the park.
(c) An isolated stump in a field.
(d) A red newstand by the train station.
7. When does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
(a) At sunrise.
(b) At sunset.
(c) At noon.
(d) At midnight.
8. When Hippolite wakes at Myshkin's celebration, how long does a party member say he's been asleep?
(a) One hour.
(b) Seven minutes.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) Forty-two minutes.
9. What happens to General Ivolgin?
(a) He has a stroke.
(b) He falls down stairs.
(c) He is hit by a carriage.
(d) He is arrested.
10. What reason does Myshkin give Aglaya for him coming to Pavlovsk?
(a) Myshkin says he came to get away from Moscow.
(b) Myshkin says he came to rekindle his friendship with Rogozhin.
(c) Myshkin says he came to be near Aglaya.
(d) Myshkin says he came to win Nastassya's love.
11. How does Madam Yephanchin feel about the Prince's visitors?
(a) She likes the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(b) She dislikes the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(c) She is envious of the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(d) She is bored with the people who are visiting Myshkin.
12. What does Lebedev expect Myshkin to do, now that he knows Lebedev was involved with the scandalous article?
(a) He expects Myshkin to stop being his friend.
(b) He expects Myshkin to kick him out.
(c) He expects Myshkin to forgive him.
(d) He expects Myshkin to sue him.
13. What is Madam Yephanchin's position about the possibility of Myshkin marrying her daughter Aglaya?
(a) She doesn't care if Myshkin marries her daughter.
(b) She says Myshkin must marry her daughter.
(c) She says Myshkin can never marry her daughter.
(d) She says Myshkin can only marry her daughter if he's no longer involved with Rogozhin.
14. Why does Hippolite realize, after seeing Rogozhin in his room at night, that Rogozhin couldn't have been there?
(a) Hippolite had barred the door with a wardrobe.
(b) Rogozhin was away all night.
(c) The servants had locked the doors.
(d) Rogozhin had passed out in the foyer all night.
15. Who first points out the article about Myshkin in the newspaper?
(c) Madam Yephanchin.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Aglaya ask Koyla to give the animal she's bought?
2. At Madam Yephanchin's gathering, who argues that Burdovsky did not take advantage of Myshkin?
3. What is Radomsky's view of liberalism?
4. How much money is Lebedev missing?
5. What does Ganja tell Varya he wants to do at the beginning of Part IV?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)