|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Myshkin do while he is waiting for Aglaya on the park bench?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He talks to a stranger.
(c) He watches people and makes up stories about them.
(d) He reads.
2. When does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
(a) At sunset.
(b) At midnight.
(c) At noon.
(d) At sunrise.
3. How does Myshkin react to the idea that someone stole Lebedev's money?
(a) Myshkin is secretly pleased.
(b) Myshkin is irritated.
(c) Myshkin is horrified.
(d) Myshkin doesn't care.
4. What illness does Hippolite have?
5. What does Myshkin offer Burdovsky?
(a) A country house.
(b) 10,000 roubles.
(c) A letter of apology.
(d) A gold cross.
6. Where does Myshkin recuperate from his seizure?
(a) Ganja's boarding house.
(b) Rogozhin's house.
(c) The Yephanchin's house.
(d) Lebedev's villa.
7. How does Myshkin feel when he leaves the Yephanchin house at the end of Part IV, Chapter V?
8. How does Aglaya claim Ganja proved his love for her?
(a) By burning his own hand.
(b) By slapping her across the face.
(c) By offering her all the money he has.
(d) By carving her name in his arm.
9. What does Ganja say happened to Burdovsky's real father?
(a) He went to prison.
(b) He died.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He is in an insane asylum.
10. What does the note Varya finds on Ganja's desk ask for?
(a) A favor.
(c) A loan.
(d) A meeting.
11. What does Aglaya change when she recites from a reading?
(a) The location of a house.
(b) Adjectives describing a book.
(c) The name of a character.
(d) Initials on a rosary.
12. Who does Myshkin stop one of the officer friends of the Yephanshins from hitting?
(b) Madam Yephanchin.
13. What is Radomsky's view of liberalism?
(a) He thinks it's naive but admires it.
(b) He is opposed to it.
(c) He is in favor of it.
(d) He doesn't have an opinion.
14. Who does Myshkin realize is the woman from his dream in the park?
(a) Ganja's mother.
(d) Madam Yephanchin.
15. What does Hippolite do when Myshkin tells him to stop reading?
(a) Hippolite reads louder so he is shouting in Myshkin's ear.
(b) Hippolite stops reading but starts again a moment later.
(c) Hippolite continues to read, despite Myshkin's plea.
(d) Hippolite stops reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lebedev expect Myshkin to do, now that he knows Lebedev was involved with the scandalous article?
2. When Myshkin asks about Lebedev's missing money, where does Lebedev tell Myshkin he found the money?
3. Who comes in Hippolite's dream, when he calls for help?
4. Who wrote the note that Varya finds on Ganja's desk?
5. How does Ganja feel about HIppolite?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)