|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aglaya say she comes some mornings at 7 o'clock?
(a) A small cafe on a street corner.
(b) An isolated stump in a field.
(c) A green bench in the park.
(d) A red newstand by the train station.
2. What is Hippolite's response to Madam Yephanchin's anger?
(a) He storms out of the room.
(b) He yells at her.
(c) He cries.
(d) He laughs.
3. What does Myshkin say, when Aglaya asks him to marry her in Part IV, Chapter V?
(a) He says yes and that he loves her.
(b) He says yes, but that he will never love her.
(c) He says no, but he loves her.
(d) He says no and that he will never love her.
4. When Myshkin asks about Lebedev's missing money, where does Lebedev tell Myshkin he found the money?
(a) In his wallet.
(b) Under his chair.
(c) Beneath the seat of a carriage.
(d) In a pot.
5. Who does Madam Yephanchin learn came to visit Aglaya while she was out?
6. Who does Myshkin stop one of the officer friends of the Yephanshins from hitting?
(b) Madam Yephanchin.
7. How does Madam Yephanchin feel about the Prince's visitors?
(a) She likes the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(b) She is bored with the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(c) She is envious of the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(d) She dislikes the people who are visiting Myshkin.
8. What does Burdovsky want from Myshkin?
(b) An apology.
9. Who does Lebedev think stole his missing money?
(c) General Yephanchin.
10. What does Lebedev expect Myshkin to do, now that he knows Lebedev was involved with the scandalous article?
(a) He expects Myshkin to kick him out.
(b) He expects Myshkin to forgive him.
(c) He expects Myshkin to sue him.
(d) He expects Myshkin to stop being his friend.
11. What does Myshkin do while he is waiting for Aglaya on the park bench?
(a) He reads.
(b) He watches people and makes up stories about them.
(c) He talks to a stranger.
(d) He falls asleep.
12. Who does Ganja blame for Burdovsky's claim against Myshkin?
(a) Burdovsky's mother.
(b) Government officials.
13. Who comes in Hippolite's dream, when he calls for help?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
14. What is the tale Lebedev tells at Myshkin's celebration about?
(a) Sailors stranded on an island.
(b) Monks turning to cannibalism.
(c) A king being poisoned.
(d) Mountaineers who kill each other in competition.
15. Who does Aglaya tell her mother she is going to marry, when Madam Yephanchin interrupts Aglaya and Myshkin's meeting in the park?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hippolite mention seeing in a dream?
2. How long does Ganja tell Myshkin that Nastassya has been in town?
3. Where does Myshkin recuperate from his seizure?
4. Nastassya has written Aglaya several letters that Aglaya shows Myshkin. What do these letters ask Aglaya to do?
5. At Madam Yephanchin's gathering, who argues that Burdovsky did not take advantage of Myshkin?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)