|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aglaya change when she recites from a reading?
(a) The name of a character.
(b) Adjectives describing a book.
(c) Initials on a rosary.
(d) The location of a house.
2. Who is Ganja arguing with, when Varya comes home at the beginning of Part IV?
(a) General Yephanchin.
(c) Ganja and Varya's father.
(d) Varya's husband.
3. Where does Aglaya say she comes some mornings at 7 o'clock?
(a) A red newstand by the train station.
(b) A green bench in the park.
(c) A small cafe on a street corner.
(d) An isolated stump in a field.
4. Who does Lebedev think stole his missing money?
(c) General Yephanchin.
5. When does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
(a) At sunset.
(b) At sunrise.
(c) At midnight.
(d) At noon.
6. What does Myshkin tell General Tephanchin when he asks Myshkin about Nastassya?
(a) Myshkin says Nastassya is bewilderingly lovely.
(b) Myshkin says Nastassya no longer interests him.
(c) Myshkin says Nastassya is insane.
(d) Myshkin says Nastassya is kind and misunderstood.
7. Does Myshkin believe Lebedev's story about finding the money?
(a) No, he questions Lebedev until he learns the whole truth.
(b) No, but he doesn't trouble Lebedev to try to find out the whole truth.
(c) Yes, but later he learns that Lebedev was lying.
(d) Yes, and he continues to believe the story.
8. At Madam Yephanchin's gathering, who argues that Burdovsky did not take advantage of Myshkin?
(a) Madam Yephanchin.
9. Who wrote the note that Varya finds on Ganja's desk?
10. Who first points out the article about Myshkin in the newspaper?
(d) Madam Yephanchin.
11. When Hippolite wakes at Myshkin's celebration, how long does a party member say he's been asleep?
(a) Forty-two minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) Seven minutes.
(d) Twenty minutes.
12. What is Madam Yephanchin's position about the possibility of Myshkin marrying her daughter Aglaya?
(a) She doesn't care if Myshkin marries her daughter.
(b) She says Myshkin can only marry her daughter if he's no longer involved with Rogozhin.
(c) She says Myshkin can never marry her daughter.
(d) She says Myshkin must marry her daughter.
13. What does Nastassya ask Myshkin?
(a) When he is leaving.
(b) Whether he loves her.
(c) Whether he is happy.
(d) What he is thinking.
14. After Myshkin returns to the Yephanchins' house, following the walk in the park and the fight, what does Aglaya show Myshkin how to do?
(a) Sharpen a knife.
(b) Load a gun.
(c) Sew a button.
(d) Carve a whistle.
15. Who comes in Hippolite's dream, when he calls for help?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Radomsky's former profession?
2. What reason does Myshkin give Aglaya for him coming to Pavlovsk?
3. Who tells Myshkin that an officer wants to duel him?
4. At the beginning of Part III, Chapter VI, what decor from Rogozhin's home does Hippolite talk about?
5. What does Hippolite do when Myshkin tells him to stop reading?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)