|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Aglaya buy from Koyla?
(a) A cat.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A hedgehog.
(d) An armadillo.
2. What phrase did Koyla overhear Aglaya say while she was reading Don Quixote?
(a) Poor knight.
(b) Tilting at windmills.
(c) Stern order of chivalry.
(d) Arrows of adversary.
3. What does Koyla ask his father to do?
(a) Find a job.
(b) Leave the city with Koyla.
(c) Come home.
(d) Apologize to Ganja.
4. Who comes in Hippolite's dream, when he calls for help?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
5. Does Myshkin believe Lebedev's story about finding the money?
(a) No, but he doesn't trouble Lebedev to try to find out the whole truth.
(b) Yes, and he continues to believe the story.
(c) Yes, but later he learns that Lebedev was lying.
(d) No, he questions Lebedev until he learns the whole truth.
6. What has Varya been trying to do in her visits to the Yephanchins' house?
(a) Convince General Yephanchin to forgive a loan.
(b) Convince Adelaide to run away with Koyla.
(c) Win a favor from Madam Yephanchin.
(d) Get Aglaya to marry her brother.
7. Who does Ganja blame for Burdovsky's claim against Myshkin?
(b) Government officials.
(d) Burdovsky's mother.
8. What does Aglaya change when she recites from a reading?
(a) The name of a character.
(b) Initials on a rosary.
(c) Adjectives describing a book.
(d) The location of a house.
9. How does Myshkin react to the idea that someone stole Lebedev's money?
(a) Myshkin is irritated.
(b) Myshkin doesn't care.
(c) Myshkin is secretly pleased.
(d) Myshkin is horrified.
10. What is Madam Yephanchin's position about the possibility of Myshkin marrying her daughter Aglaya?
(a) She says Myshkin can never marry her daughter.
(b) She says Myshkin can only marry her daughter if he's no longer involved with Rogozhin.
(c) She says Myshkin must marry her daughter.
(d) She doesn't care if Myshkin marries her daughter.
11. What is the tale Lebedev tells at Myshkin's celebration about?
(a) Sailors stranded on an island.
(b) A king being poisoned.
(c) Mountaineers who kill each other in competition.
(d) Monks turning to cannibalism.
12. Who is the first visitor who arrives, while Myshkin is recuperating?
(c) General Ivolgin.
(d) Madam Yephanchin.
13. What is Radomsky's former profession?
(a) He is a retired dressmaker.
(b) He is a retired banker.
(c) He is a retired army officer.
(d) He is a retired government beaurocrat.
14. Who does Myshkin realize is the woman from his dream in the park?
(a) Madam Yephanchin.
(d) Ganja's mother.
15. What does Burdovsky want from Myshkin?
(d) An apology.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aglaya claim Ganja proved his love for her?
2. At Madam Yephanchin's gathering, who argues that Burdovsky did not take advantage of Myshkin?
3. Why does General Ivolgin say he is leaving Lebedev's house?
4. What does Nastassya ask Myshkin?
5. What reason does Myshkin give Aglaya for him coming to Pavlovsk?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)