|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the note Varya finds on Ganja's desk ask for?
(a) A meeting.
(b) A loan.
(c) A favor.
2. Who wrote the article?
3. When Myshkin asks about Lebedev's missing money, where does Lebedev tell Myshkin he found the money?
(a) Beneath the seat of a carriage.
(b) In his wallet.
(c) Under his chair.
(d) In a pot.
4. What does Lebedev expect Myshkin to do, now that he knows Lebedev was involved with the scandalous article?
(a) He expects Myshkin to forgive him.
(b) He expects Myshkin to sue him.
(c) He expects Myshkin to stop being his friend.
(d) He expects Myshkin to kick him out.
5. Who wrote the note that Varya finds on Ganja's desk?
6. Who tells Myshkin that an officer wants to duel him?
(c) General Tephanchin.
7. What does Lebedev plan to do about the missing money?
(a) Rob the suspected thief's house.
(b) Follow the suspected thief.
(d) Mug the suspected thief.
8. What does Nastassya ask Myshkin?
(a) When he is leaving.
(b) Whether he loves her.
(c) What he is thinking.
(d) Whether he is happy.
9. Who does Madam Yephanchin wonder if Aglaya is seriously interested in, at the beginning of Part III?
(a) Myshkin and Ganja.
(b) Ganja and Radomsky.
(c) Radomsky and Rogozhin.
(d) Rogozhin and Myskin.
10. How does Aglaya claim Ganja proved his love for her?
(a) By burning his own hand.
(b) By offering her all the money he has.
(c) By carving her name in his arm.
(d) By slapping her across the face.
11. Where does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
(a) In front of Myshkin's home.
(b) In Rogozhin's library.
(c) In Povlovsk Park.
(d) In Nastassya's bedroom.
12. Who does Lebedev think stole his missing money?
(c) General Yephanchin.
13. What does Ganja say happened to Burdovsky's real father?
(a) He died.
(b) He is in an insane asylum.
(c) He went to prison.
(d) He ran away.
14. How much money is Lebedev missing?
(a) 800 roubles.
(b) 600 roubles.
(c) 400 roubles.
(d) 200 roubles.
15. How does Madam Yephanchin feel about the Prince's visitors?
(a) She is bored with the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(b) She is envious of the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(c) She dislikes the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(d) She likes the people who are visiting Myshkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Ganja tell Myshkin that Nastassya has been in town?
2. What does Burdovsky want from Myshkin?
3. Who first points out the article about Myshkin in the newspaper?
4. Where does Aglaya say she comes some mornings at 7 o'clock?
5. Who is Ganja arguing with, when Varya comes home at the beginning of Part IV?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)