|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Madam Yephanchin's position about the possibility of Myshkin marrying her daughter Aglaya?
(a) She says Myshkin can never marry her daughter.
(b) She says Myshkin must marry her daughter.
(c) She doesn't care if Myshkin marries her daughter.
(d) She says Myshkin can only marry her daughter if he's no longer involved with Rogozhin.
2. Does Myshkin believe Lebedev's story about finding the money?
(a) Yes, and he continues to believe the story.
(b) No, he questions Lebedev until he learns the whole truth.
(c) No, but he doesn't trouble Lebedev to try to find out the whole truth.
(d) Yes, but later he learns that Lebedev was lying.
3. How does the party react when Vera says Hippolite is going to kill himself?
(a) Everyone is upset and runs to stop Hippolite.
(b) Everyone laughs, disbelieving.
(c) No one reacts, acting bored.
(d) Everyone gets angry and yells at Hippolite.
4. What phrase did Koyla overhear Aglaya say while she was reading Don Quixote?
(a) Tilting at windmills.
(b) Stern order of chivalry.
(c) Poor knight.
(d) Arrows of adversary.
5. How much money is Lebedev missing?
(a) 400 roubles.
(b) 800 roubles.
(c) 600 roubles.
(d) 200 roubles.
6. How does Myshkin react to the idea that someone stole Lebedev's money?
(a) Myshkin is horrified.
(b) Myshkin doesn't care.
(c) Myshkin is irritated.
(d) Myshkin is secretly pleased.
7. Who does Myshkin realize is the woman from his dream in the park?
(c) Ganja's mother.
(d) Madam Yephanchin.
8. When Nastassya sees Myshkin at the end of Chapter VI, what does she do?
(a) Sit down on his lap.
(b) Get down on her knees.
(c) Stand above him on the stairs.
(d) Lay prone on the grass.
9. What does Ganja tell Varya he wants to do at the beginning of Part IV?
(a) Invite Myshkin to come stay with them.
(b) Throw Ganja's father out of the house.
(c) Help Varya and her husband move out on their own.
(d) Get payment on the loan he mae to Varya.
10. Who does Ganja blame for Burdovsky's claim against Myshkin?
(c) Burdovsky's mother.
(d) Government officials.
11. What animal does Aglaya buy from Koyla?
(a) A cat.
(b) An armadillo.
(c) A hedgehog.
(d) A rabbit.
12. Why does Hippolite realize, after seeing Rogozhin in his room at night, that Rogozhin couldn't have been there?
(a) Hippolite had barred the door with a wardrobe.
(b) Rogozhin had passed out in the foyer all night.
(c) The servants had locked the doors.
(d) Rogozhin was away all night.
13. Where does Myshkin recuperate from his seizure?
(a) Rogozhin's house.
(b) Ganja's boarding house.
(c) Lebedev's villa.
(d) The Yephanchin's house.
14. Who does Madam Yephanchin learn came to visit Aglaya while she was out?
15. What has Varya been trying to do in her visits to the Yephanchins' house?
(a) Win a favor from Madam Yephanchin.
(b) Convince General Yephanchin to forgive a loan.
(c) Convince Adelaide to run away with Koyla.
(d) Get Aglaya to marry her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Aglaya tell her mother she is going to marry, when Madam Yephanchin interrupts Aglaya and Myshkin's meeting in the park?
2. How long does Ganja tell Myshkin that Nastassya has been in town?
3. How does Madam Yephanchin feel about the Prince's visitors?
4. What illness does Hippolite have?
5. Who does Madam Yephanchin wonder if Aglaya is seriously interested in, at the beginning of Part III?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)