|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the article?
2. What does Koyla ask his father to do?
(a) Find a job.
(b) Leave the city with Koyla.
(c) Come home.
(d) Apologize to Ganja.
3. Who tells Myshkin that the duel with the officer has been called off?
(b) Madame Yephanchin.
4. Who comes in Hippolite's dream, when he calls for help?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
5. What does Hippolite do when Myshkin tells him to stop reading?
(a) Hippolite reads louder so he is shouting in Myshkin's ear.
(b) Hippolite stops reading.
(c) Hippolite continues to read, despite Myshkin's plea.
(d) Hippolite stops reading but starts again a moment later.
6. What does Lebedev expect Myshkin to do, now that he knows Lebedev was involved with the scandalous article?
(a) He expects Myshkin to forgive him.
(b) He expects Myshkin to sue him.
(c) He expects Myshkin to kick him out.
(d) He expects Myshkin to stop being his friend.
7. Who does Aglaya tell her mother she is going to marry, when Madam Yephanchin interrupts Aglaya and Myshkin's meeting in the park?
8. Who tells Myshkin that an officer wants to duel him?
(c) General Tephanchin.
9. When Nastassya sees Myshkin at the end of Chapter VI, what does she do?
(a) Sit down on his lap.
(b) Stand above him on the stairs.
(c) Lay prone on the grass.
(d) Get down on her knees.
10. What does Lebedev plan to do about the missing money?
(b) Mug the suspected thief.
(c) Follow the suspected thief.
(d) Rob the suspected thief's house.
11. What is Radomsky's former profession?
(a) He is a retired dressmaker.
(b) He is a retired government beaurocrat.
(c) He is a retired banker.
(d) He is a retired army officer.
12. What is the tale Lebedev tells at Myshkin's celebration about?
(a) Sailors stranded on an island.
(b) A king being poisoned.
(c) Monks turning to cannibalism.
(d) Mountaineers who kill each other in competition.
13. When the Prince and Rogozhin get back to Myshkin's house, what have a group of visitors gathered to celebrate?
(a) The retraction of the article.
(b) Myshkin's inheritance.
(c) Myshkin's recovery.
(d) Myskin's birthday.
14. How does Myshkin feel when he leaves the Yephanchin house at the end of Part IV, Chapter V?
15. When does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
(a) At sunset.
(b) At noon.
(c) At midnight.
(d) At sunrise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Myshkin recuperate from his seizure?
2. What does Nastassya ask Myshkin?
3. Who first points out the article about Myshkin in the newspaper?
4. How does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
5. Who does Myshkin realize is the woman from his dream in the park?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)