|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ganja blame for Burdovsky's claim against Myshkin?
(b) Burdovsky's mother.
(d) Government officials.
2. What is Hippolite's response to Madam Yephanchin's anger?
(a) He cries.
(b) He yells at her.
(c) He storms out of the room.
(d) He laughs.
3. What does Hippolite say he is going to read?
(a) A story.
(b) A poem.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) A letter.
4. How does the party react when Vera says Hippolite is going to kill himself?
(a) Everyone laughs, disbelieving.
(b) Everyone is upset and runs to stop Hippolite.
(c) No one reacts, acting bored.
(d) Everyone gets angry and yells at Hippolite.
5. How does Myshkin feel when he leaves the Yephanchin house at the end of Part IV, Chapter V?
6. When does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
(a) At sunset.
(b) At midnight.
(c) At noon.
(d) At sunrise.
7. What does Nastassya ask Myshkin?
(a) What he is thinking.
(b) Whether he is happy.
(c) When he is leaving.
(d) Whether he loves her.
8. Who wrote the article?
9. How does Ganja feel about HIppolite?
(a) Ganja hates Hippolite.
(b) Ganja loves Hippolite as a brother.
(c) Ganja doesn't care about Hippolite.
(d) Ganja admires Hippolite.
10. Who does Lebedev think stole his missing money?
(b) General Yephanchin.
11. What does the note Varya finds on Ganja's desk ask for?
(a) A loan.
(b) A favor.
(c) A meeting.
12. What phrase did Koyla overhear Aglaya say while she was reading Don Quixote?
(a) Arrows of adversary.
(b) Stern order of chivalry.
(c) Tilting at windmills.
(d) Poor knight.
13. What is Radomsky's former profession?
(a) He is a retired army officer.
(b) He is a retired banker.
(c) He is a retired dressmaker.
(d) He is a retired government beaurocrat.
14. What reason does Myshkin give Aglaya for him coming to Pavlovsk?
(a) Myshkin says he came to rekindle his friendship with Rogozhin.
(b) Myshkin says he came to win Nastassya's love.
(c) Myshkin says he came to be near Aglaya.
(d) Myshkin says he came to get away from Moscow.
15. What does Myshkin do while he is waiting for Aglaya on the park bench?
(a) He watches people and makes up stories about them.
(b) He reads.
(c) He talks to a stranger.
(d) He falls asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first points out the article about Myshkin in the newspaper?
2. What is Radomsky's view of liberalism?
3. What has Varya been trying to do in her visits to the Yephanchins' house?
4. What does Lebedev plan to do about the missing money?
5. What does Ganja tell Varya he wants to do at the beginning of Part IV?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)