|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
(a) By jumping off a bridge.
(b) By hanging himself.
(c) By shooting himself.
(d) By poisoning himself.
2. What does Ganja tell Varya he wants to do at the beginning of Part IV?
(a) Throw Ganja's father out of the house.
(b) Help Varya and her husband move out on their own.
(c) Invite Myshkin to come stay with them.
(d) Get payment on the loan he mae to Varya.
3. What does Myshkin do while he is waiting for Aglaya on the park bench?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He watches people and makes up stories about them.
(c) He reads.
(d) He talks to a stranger.
4. When Nastassya sees Myshkin at the end of Chapter VI, what does she do?
(a) Stand above him on the stairs.
(b) Lay prone on the grass.
(c) Sit down on his lap.
(d) Get down on her knees.
5. What illness does Hippolite have?
6. Who tells Myshkin that an officer wants to duel him?
(c) General Tephanchin.
7. What does Burdovsky want from Myshkin?
(c) An apology.
8. Who wrote the article?
9. Who does Aglaya tell her mother she is going to marry, when Madam Yephanchin interrupts Aglaya and Myshkin's meeting in the park?
10. After Myshkin returns to the Yephanchins' house, following the walk in the park and the fight, what does Aglaya show Myshkin how to do?
(a) Sew a button.
(b) Load a gun.
(c) Sharpen a knife.
(d) Carve a whistle.
11. When the Prince and Rogozhin get back to Myshkin's house, what have a group of visitors gathered to celebrate?
(a) The retraction of the article.
(b) Myskin's birthday.
(c) Myshkin's inheritance.
(d) Myshkin's recovery.
12. Who does Lebedev think stole his missing money?
(a) General Yephanchin.
13. How does Myshkin feel when he leaves the Yephanchin house at the end of Part IV, Chapter V?
14. What is the tale Lebedev tells at Myshkin's celebration about?
(a) A king being poisoned.
(b) Monks turning to cannibalism.
(c) Mountaineers who kill each other in competition.
(d) Sailors stranded on an island.
15. Who tells Myshkin that the duel with the officer has been called off?
(d) Madame Yephanchin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aglaya change when she recites from a reading?
2. When Radomsky asks for Myshkin's friendship, what is Myshkin's response?
3. Who comes in Hippolite's dream, when he calls for help?
4. How much money is Lebedev missing?
5. Who does Madam Yephanchin wonder if Aglaya is seriously interested in, at the beginning of Part III?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)