|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aglaya say she comes some mornings at 7 o'clock?
(a) A red newstand by the train station.
(b) A small cafe on a street corner.
(c) An isolated stump in a field.
(d) A green bench in the park.
2. What is Hippolite's response to Madam Yephanchin's anger?
(a) He cries.
(b) He storms out of the room.
(c) He yells at her.
(d) He laughs.
3. At Madam Yephanchin's gathering, who argues that Burdovsky did not take advantage of Myshkin?
(b) Madam Yephanchin.
4. How does Myshkin react to the idea that someone stole Lebedev's money?
(a) Myshkin is secretly pleased.
(b) Myshkin is irritated.
(c) Myshkin doesn't care.
(d) Myshkin is horrified.
5. Who comes in Hippolite's dream, when he calls for help?
(a) His father.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
6. What has Varya been trying to do in her visits to the Yephanchins' house?
(a) Get Aglaya to marry her brother.
(b) Convince Adelaide to run away with Koyla.
(c) Convince General Yephanchin to forgive a loan.
(d) Win a favor from Madam Yephanchin.
7. What does Myshkin do while he is waiting for Aglaya on the park bench?
(a) He reads.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He talks to a stranger.
(d) He watches people and makes up stories about them.
8. Who does Ganja blame for Burdovsky's claim against Myshkin?
(a) Burdovsky's mother.
(d) Government officials.
9. How much money is Lebedev missing?
(a) 400 roubles.
(b) 800 roubles.
(c) 600 roubles.
(d) 200 roubles.
10. What games do Aglaya's sisters report that she played with her visitor?
(a) Darts and croquet.
(b) Cards and chess.
(c) Chess and darts.
(d) Croquet and cards.
11. What does Hippolite mention seeing in a dream?
(a) A spider.
(b) A rat.
(c) A snake.
(d) A scorpion.
12. Who does Myshkin realize is the woman from his dream in the park?
(a) Ganja's mother.
(d) Madam Yephanchin.
13. What is Madam Yephanchin's position about the possibility of Myshkin marrying her daughter Aglaya?
(a) She says Myshkin can never marry her daughter.
(b) She says Myshkin can only marry her daughter if he's no longer involved with Rogozhin.
(c) She doesn't care if Myshkin marries her daughter.
(d) She says Myshkin must marry her daughter.
14. What phrase did Koyla overhear Aglaya say while she was reading Don Quixote?
(a) Tilting at windmills.
(b) Arrows of adversary.
(c) Poor knight.
(d) Stern order of chivalry.
15. How does Madam Yephanchin feel about the Prince's visitors?
(a) She dislikes the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(b) She is bored with the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(c) She is envious of the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(d) She likes the people who are visiting Myshkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Ganja tell Myshkin that Nastassya has been in town?
2. When does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
3. Who does Lebedev think stole his missing money?
4. What does the note Varya finds on Ganja's desk ask for?
5. Why does Hippolite realize, after seeing Rogozhin in his room at night, that Rogozhin couldn't have been there?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)