|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hippolite do when Myshkin tells him to stop reading?
(a) Hippolite reads louder so he is shouting in Myshkin's ear.
(b) Hippolite continues to read, despite Myshkin's plea.
(c) Hippolite stops reading but starts again a moment later.
(d) Hippolite stops reading.
2. How does Madam Yephanchin feel about the Prince's visitors?
(a) She is envious of the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(b) She likes the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(c) She is bored with the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(d) She dislikes the people who are visiting Myshkin.
3. Who is Ganja arguing with, when Varya comes home at the beginning of Part IV?
(b) Varya's husband.
(c) Ganja and Varya's father.
(d) General Yephanchin.
4. What does Ganja tell Varya he wants to do at the beginning of Part IV?
(a) Throw Ganja's father out of the house.
(b) Invite Myshkin to come stay with them.
(c) Get payment on the loan he mae to Varya.
(d) Help Varya and her husband move out on their own.
5. What phrase did Koyla overhear Aglaya say while she was reading Don Quixote?
(a) Stern order of chivalry.
(b) Tilting at windmills.
(c) Poor knight.
(d) Arrows of adversary.
6. Who does Lebedev think stole his missing money?
(b) General Yephanchin.
7. What happens to General Ivolgin?
(a) He is hit by a carriage.
(b) He falls down stairs.
(c) He has a stroke.
(d) He is arrested.
8. What is Hippolite's response to Madam Yephanchin's anger?
(a) He cries.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He storms out of the room.
(d) He yells at her.
9. Where does Myshkin recuperate from his seizure?
(a) Lebedev's villa.
(b) Ganja's boarding house.
(c) The Yephanchin's house.
(d) Rogozhin's house.
10. What does Aglaya change when she recites from a reading?
(a) Initials on a rosary.
(b) The name of a character.
(c) Adjectives describing a book.
(d) The location of a house.
11. What does Hippolite mention seeing in a dream?
(a) A snake.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A rat.
(d) A spider.
12. What reason does Myshkin give Aglaya for him coming to Pavlovsk?
(a) Myshkin says he came to win Nastassya's love.
(b) Myshkin says he came to get away from Moscow.
(c) Myshkin says he came to rekindle his friendship with Rogozhin.
(d) Myshkin says he came to be near Aglaya.
13. Who does Madam Yephanchin learn came to visit Aglaya while she was out?
14. Who wrote the note that Varya finds on Ganja's desk?
15. When Hippolite wakes at Myshkin's celebration, how long does a party member say he's been asleep?
(a) One hour.
(b) Seven minutes.
(c) Forty-two minutes.
(d) Twenty minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Aglaya tell her mother she is going to marry, when Madam Yephanchin interrupts Aglaya and Myshkin's meeting in the park?
2. Who does Myshkin realize is the woman from his dream in the park?
3. Why does Hippolite realize, after seeing Rogozhin in his room at night, that Rogozhin couldn't have been there?
4. What does Nastassya ask Myshkin?
5. Who is the first visitor who arrives, while Myshkin is recuperating?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)