|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lebedev plan to do about the missing money?
(b) Mug the suspected thief.
(c) Rob the suspected thief's house.
(d) Follow the suspected thief.
2. What does Myshkin say, when Aglaya asks him to marry her in Part IV, Chapter V?
(a) He says no, but he loves her.
(b) He says yes and that he loves her.
(c) He says yes, but that he will never love her.
(d) He says no and that he will never love her.
3. After Myshkin returns to the Yephanchins' house, following the walk in the park and the fight, what does Aglaya show Myshkin how to do?
(a) Sharpen a knife.
(b) Sew a button.
(c) Load a gun.
(d) Carve a whistle.
4. At Madam Yephanchin's gathering, who argues that Burdovsky did not take advantage of Myshkin?
(b) Madam Yephanchin.
5. How long does Ganja tell Myshkin that Nastassya has been in town?
(a) One week.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Four days.
(d) A fortnight.
6. What is Radomsky's former profession?
(a) He is a retired banker.
(b) He is a retired government beaurocrat.
(c) He is a retired dressmaker.
(d) He is a retired army officer.
7. How does Aglaya claim Ganja proved his love for her?
(a) By carving her name in his arm.
(b) By offering her all the money he has.
(c) By burning his own hand.
(d) By slapping her across the face.
8. Who is the first visitor who arrives, while Myshkin is recuperating?
(a) Madam Yephanchin.
(c) General Ivolgin.
9. When Nastassya sees Myshkin at the end of Chapter VI, what does she do?
(a) Get down on her knees.
(b) Lay prone on the grass.
(c) Sit down on his lap.
(d) Stand above him on the stairs.
10. Who first points out the article about Myshkin in the newspaper?
(c) Madam Yephanchin.
11. What does Aglaya change when she recites from a reading?
(a) The name of a character.
(b) The location of a house.
(c) Adjectives describing a book.
(d) Initials on a rosary.
12. Where does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
(a) In front of Myshkin's home.
(b) In Povlovsk Park.
(c) In Nastassya's bedroom.
(d) In Rogozhin's library.
13. What does Burdovsky want from Myshkin?
(a) An apology.
14. What games do Aglaya's sisters report that she played with her visitor?
(a) Chess and darts.
(b) Croquet and cards.
(c) Darts and croquet.
(d) Cards and chess.
15. Where does Aglaya say she comes some mornings at 7 o'clock?
(a) A green bench in the park.
(b) A red newstand by the train station.
(c) An isolated stump in a field.
(d) A small cafe on a street corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What entertainment do the Prince and the Yephanchins watch after they walk in the park?
2. What happens to General Ivolgin?
3. Who does Myshkin realize is the woman from his dream in the park?
4. What phrase did Koyla overhear Aglaya say while she was reading Don Quixote?
5. At the beginning of Part III, Chapter VI, what decor from Rogozhin's home does Hippolite talk about?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)