|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Radomsky asks for Myshkin's friendship, what is Myshkin's response?
(a) Myshkin offers his friendship, and then changes his mind.
(b) Myshkin denies his friendship, and then changes his mind.
(c) Myshkin immediately denies his friendship.
(d) Myshkin immediately offers his friendship.
2. Who does General Ivolgin tell Myshkin he befriended as a young boy?
(c) Queen Victoria.
3. How long does Ganja tell Myshkin that Nastassya has been in town?
(a) A fortnight.
(b) Four days.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One week.
4. Who does Lebedev think stole his missing money?
(a) General Yephanchin.
5. What does Lebedev expect Myshkin to do, now that he knows Lebedev was involved with the scandalous article?
(a) He expects Myshkin to sue him.
(b) He expects Myshkin to forgive him.
(c) He expects Myshkin to stop being his friend.
(d) He expects Myshkin to kick him out.
6. How does Aglaya claim Ganja proved his love for her?
(a) By offering her all the money he has.
(b) By carving her name in his arm.
(c) By slapping her across the face.
(d) By burning his own hand.
7. What entertainment do the Prince and the Yephanchins watch after they walk in the park?
(a) A juggler.
(b) A band.
(c) A singer.
(d) A puppet show.
8. Who comes in Hippolite's dream, when he calls for help?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
9. At the beginning of Part III, Chapter VI, what decor from Rogozhin's home does Hippolite talk about?
(a) A secret drawer in the dresser.
(b) A rug woven in the design of a cross.
(c) A religious painting.
(d) A lamp that shines all night.
10. How much money is Lebedev missing?
(a) 200 roubles.
(b) 600 roubles.
(c) 800 roubles.
(d) 400 roubles.
11. What happens to General Ivolgin?
(a) He falls down stairs.
(b) He is hit by a carriage.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He has a stroke.
12. Who is Ganja arguing with, when Varya comes home at the beginning of Part IV?
(a) Ganja and Varya's father.
(b) Varya's husband.
(c) General Yephanchin.
13. What does Hippolite do when Myshkin tells him to stop reading?
(a) Hippolite stops reading but starts again a moment later.
(b) Hippolite continues to read, despite Myshkin's plea.
(c) Hippolite stops reading.
(d) Hippolite reads louder so he is shouting in Myshkin's ear.
14. Why does General Ivolgin say he is leaving Lebedev's house?
(a) Because he and Lebedev are always arguing.
(b) Because Ganja has promised to take him back.
(c) Because he has found a better place to live.
(d) Because he has fallen in love and wants to marry.
15. What does Myshkin do while he is waiting for Aglaya on the park bench?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He reads.
(c) He talks to a stranger.
(d) He watches people and makes up stories about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the note that Varya finds on Ganja's desk?
2. What games do Aglaya's sisters report that she played with her visitor?
3. What other literary work does the phrase Aglaya said bring up?
4. Who tells Myshkin that the duel with the officer has been called off?
5. How does the party react when Vera says Hippolite is going to kill himself?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)