|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Nastassya sees Myshkin at the end of Chapter VI, what does she do?
(a) Sit down on his lap.
(b) Stand above him on the stairs.
(c) Lay prone on the grass.
(d) Get down on her knees.
2. Who tells Myshkin that the duel with the officer has been called off?
(b) Madame Yephanchin.
3. How long does Ganja tell Myshkin that Nastassya has been in town?
(a) Four days.
(b) One week.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) Two hours.
4. Who is Ganja arguing with, when Varya comes home at the beginning of Part IV?
(a) Ganja and Varya's father.
(c) Varya's husband.
(d) General Yephanchin.
5. When Myshkin asks about Lebedev's missing money, where does Lebedev tell Myshkin he found the money?
(a) In his wallet.
(b) Beneath the seat of a carriage.
(c) In a pot.
(d) Under his chair.
6. What does Burdovsky want from Myshkin?
(c) An apology.
7. Nastassya has written Aglaya several letters that Aglaya shows Myshkin. What do these letters ask Aglaya to do?
(a) Steal a cross from Myshkin.
(b) Stay away from Myshkin.
(c) Marry Myshkin.
(d) Give Nastassya money.
8. How does Madam Yephanchin feel about the Prince's visitors?
(a) She is envious of the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(b) She is bored with the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(c) She dislikes the people who are visiting Myshkin.
(d) She likes the people who are visiting Myshkin.
9. What is the tale Lebedev tells at Myshkin's celebration about?
(a) Monks turning to cannibalism.
(b) Sailors stranded on an island.
(c) Mountaineers who kill each other in competition.
(d) A king being poisoned.
10. What does Ganja tell Varya he wants to do at the beginning of Part IV?
(a) Get payment on the loan he mae to Varya.
(b) Throw Ganja's father out of the house.
(c) Help Varya and her husband move out on their own.
(d) Invite Myshkin to come stay with them.
11. To whom does Aglaya ask Koyla to give the animal she's bought?
(b) General Yephanchin.
12. What reason does Myshkin give Aglaya for him coming to Pavlovsk?
(a) Myshkin says he came to rekindle his friendship with Rogozhin.
(b) Myshkin says he came to get away from Moscow.
(c) Myshkin says he came to be near Aglaya.
(d) Myshkin says he came to win Nastassya's love.
13. What does Nastassya ask Myshkin?
(a) When he is leaving.
(b) Whether he loves her.
(c) Whether he is happy.
(d) What he is thinking.
14. What does Hippolite say he is going to read?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) A letter.
(c) A story.
(d) A poem.
15. When Radomsky asks for Myshkin's friendship, what is Myshkin's response?
(a) Myshkin denies his friendship, and then changes his mind.
(b) Myshkin immediately offers his friendship.
(c) Myshkin offers his friendship, and then changes his mind.
(d) Myshkin immediately denies his friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Madam Yephanchin's position about the possibility of Myshkin marrying her daughter Aglaya?
2. What does Myshkin say, when Aglaya asks him to marry her in Part IV, Chapter V?
3. How does Myshkin react to the idea that someone stole Lebedev's money?
4. Who does Myshkin stop one of the officer friends of the Yephanshins from hitting?
5. What happens to General Ivolgin?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)