|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Radomsky asks for Myshkin's friendship, what is Myshkin's response?
(a) Myshkin immediately denies his friendship.
(b) Myshkin immediately offers his friendship.
(c) Myshkin offers his friendship, and then changes his mind.
(d) Myshkin denies his friendship, and then changes his mind.
2. What animal does Aglaya buy from Koyla?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) An armadillo.
(c) A cat.
(d) A hedgehog.
3. What does Myshkin do while he is waiting for Aglaya on the park bench?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He reads.
(c) He talks to a stranger.
(d) He watches people and makes up stories about them.
4. Nastassya has written Aglaya several letters that Aglaya shows Myshkin. What do these letters ask Aglaya to do?
(a) Steal a cross from Myshkin.
(b) Marry Myshkin.
(c) Give Nastassya money.
(d) Stay away from Myshkin.
5. When the Prince and Rogozhin get back to Myshkin's house, what have a group of visitors gathered to celebrate?
(a) Myskin's birthday.
(b) The retraction of the article.
(c) Myshkin's recovery.
(d) Myshkin's inheritance.
6. How does Ganja feel about HIppolite?
(a) Ganja doesn't care about Hippolite.
(b) Ganja loves Hippolite as a brother.
(c) Ganja hates Hippolite.
(d) Ganja admires Hippolite.
7. How does Myshkin react to the idea that someone stole Lebedev's money?
(a) Myshkin is horrified.
(b) Myshkin is secretly pleased.
(c) Myshkin doesn't care.
(d) Myshkin is irritated.
8. How does Myshkin feel when he leaves the Yephanchin house at the end of Part IV, Chapter V?
9. What games do Aglaya's sisters report that she played with her visitor?
(a) Chess and darts.
(b) Croquet and cards.
(c) Cards and chess.
(d) Darts and croquet.
10. How long does Ganja tell Myshkin that Nastassya has been in town?
(a) Two hours.
(b) One week.
(c) Four days.
(d) A fortnight.
11. Who comes in Hippolite's dream, when he calls for help?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
12. Who does Aglaya tell her mother she is going to marry, when Madam Yephanchin interrupts Aglaya and Myshkin's meeting in the park?
13. When Myshkin asks about Lebedev's missing money, where does Lebedev tell Myshkin he found the money?
(a) In a pot.
(b) In his wallet.
(c) Beneath the seat of a carriage.
(d) Under his chair.
14. Who wrote the article?
15. What is Hippolite's response to Madam Yephanchin's anger?
(a) He yells at her.
(b) He cries.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He storms out of the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is Lebedev missing?
2. Who does Lebedev think stole his missing money?
3. Who does Madam Yephanchin wonder if Aglaya is seriously interested in, at the beginning of Part III?
4. When does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
5. Where does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)