|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Myshkin that an officer wants to duel him?
(c) General Tephanchin.
2. Nastassya has written Aglaya several letters that Aglaya shows Myshkin. What do these letters ask Aglaya to do?
(a) Marry Myshkin.
(b) Stay away from Myshkin.
(c) Steal a cross from Myshkin.
(d) Give Nastassya money.
3. What does Myshkin tell General Tephanchin when he asks Myshkin about Nastassya?
(a) Myshkin says Nastassya is insane.
(b) Myshkin says Nastassya is bewilderingly lovely.
(c) Myshkin says Nastassya is kind and misunderstood.
(d) Myshkin says Nastassya no longer interests him.
4. Who does General Ivolgin tell Myshkin he befriended as a young boy?
(a) Queen Victoria.
5. Who comes in Hippolite's dream, when he calls for help?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
6. How does the party react when Vera says Hippolite is going to kill himself?
(a) Everyone laughs, disbelieving.
(b) Everyone is upset and runs to stop Hippolite.
(c) No one reacts, acting bored.
(d) Everyone gets angry and yells at Hippolite.
7. When Radomsky asks for Myshkin's friendship, what is Myshkin's response?
(a) Myshkin offers his friendship, and then changes his mind.
(b) Myshkin immediately denies his friendship.
(c) Myshkin immediately offers his friendship.
(d) Myshkin denies his friendship, and then changes his mind.
8. How does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
(a) By hanging himself.
(b) By shooting himself.
(c) By jumping off a bridge.
(d) By poisoning himself.
9. What entertainment do the Prince and the Yephanchins watch after they walk in the park?
(a) A band.
(b) A singer.
(c) A puppet show.
(d) A juggler.
10. How much money is Lebedev missing?
(a) 200 roubles.
(b) 800 roubles.
(c) 600 roubles.
(d) 400 roubles.
11. When Myshkin asks about Lebedev's missing money, where does Lebedev tell Myshkin he found the money?
(a) In his wallet.
(b) In a pot.
(c) Under his chair.
(d) Beneath the seat of a carriage.
12. What does Hippolite do when Myshkin tells him to stop reading?
(a) Hippolite continues to read, despite Myshkin's plea.
(b) Hippolite reads louder so he is shouting in Myshkin's ear.
(c) Hippolite stops reading.
(d) Hippolite stops reading but starts again a moment later.
13. What has Varya been trying to do in her visits to the Yephanchins' house?
(a) Win a favor from Madam Yephanchin.
(b) Get Aglaya to marry her brother.
(c) Convince Adelaide to run away with Koyla.
(d) Convince General Yephanchin to forgive a loan.
14. What does Burdovsky want from Myshkin?
(b) An apology.
15. Who is the first visitor who arrives, while Myshkin is recuperating?
(a) General Ivolgin.
(d) Madam Yephanchin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hippolite realize, after seeing Rogozhin in his room at night, that Rogozhin couldn't have been there?
2. Where does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
3. What does Ganja say happened to Burdovsky's real father?
4. Who does Madam Yephanchin learn came to visit Aglaya while she was out?
5. Who wrote the article?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)