|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
(a) In Rogozhin's library.
(b) In front of Myshkin's home.
(c) In Povlovsk Park.
(d) In Nastassya's bedroom.
2. What does Ganja say happened to Burdovsky's real father?
(a) He died.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He went to prison.
(d) He is in an insane asylum.
3. What is Madam Yephanchin's position about the possibility of Myshkin marrying her daughter Aglaya?
(a) She doesn't care if Myshkin marries her daughter.
(b) She says Myshkin must marry her daughter.
(c) She says Myshkin can only marry her daughter if he's no longer involved with Rogozhin.
(d) She says Myshkin can never marry her daughter.
4. How does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
(a) By hanging himself.
(b) By poisoning himself.
(c) By shooting himself.
(d) By jumping off a bridge.
5. What does the note Varya finds on Ganja's desk ask for?
(a) A favor.
(b) A loan.
(d) A meeting.
6. Who wrote the article?
7. At the beginning of Part III, Chapter VI, what decor from Rogozhin's home does Hippolite talk about?
(a) A rug woven in the design of a cross.
(b) A lamp that shines all night.
(c) A religious painting.
(d) A secret drawer in the dresser.
8. What is Radomsky's former profession?
(a) He is a retired government beaurocrat.
(b) He is a retired dressmaker.
(c) He is a retired banker.
(d) He is a retired army officer.
9. When Myshkin asks about Lebedev's missing money, where does Lebedev tell Myshkin he found the money?
(a) In a pot.
(b) In his wallet.
(c) Under his chair.
(d) Beneath the seat of a carriage.
10. Who tells Myshkin that an officer wants to duel him?
(d) General Tephanchin.
11. Who does General Ivolgin tell Myshkin he befriended as a young boy?
(d) Queen Victoria.
12. Does Myshkin believe Lebedev's story about finding the money?
(a) Yes, but later he learns that Lebedev was lying.
(b) No, he questions Lebedev until he learns the whole truth.
(c) No, but he doesn't trouble Lebedev to try to find out the whole truth.
(d) Yes, and he continues to believe the story.
13. What entertainment do the Prince and the Yephanchins watch after they walk in the park?
(a) A band.
(b) A juggler.
(c) A puppet show.
(d) A singer.
14. What does Hippolite mention seeing in a dream?
(a) A spider.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A snake.
(d) A rat.
15. At Madam Yephanchin's gathering, who argues that Burdovsky did not take advantage of Myshkin?
(d) Madam Yephanchin.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Myshkin returns to the Yephanchins' house, following the walk in the park and the fight, what does Aglaya show Myshkin how to do?
2. How long does Ganja tell Myshkin that Nastassya has been in town?
3. What reason does Myshkin give Aglaya for him coming to Pavlovsk?
4. What is the tale Lebedev tells at Myshkin's celebration about?
5. When Nastassya sees Myshkin at the end of Chapter VI, what does she do?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)