|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Aglaya buy from Koyla?
(a) A hedgehog.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) An armadillo.
(d) A cat.
2. Who is the first visitor who arrives, while Myshkin is recuperating?
(b) General Ivolgin.
(c) Madam Yephanchin.
3. Who does Madam Yephanchin learn came to visit Aglaya while she was out?
4. What does Myshkin say, when Aglaya asks him to marry her in Part IV, Chapter V?
(a) He says no, but he loves her.
(b) He says yes, but that he will never love her.
(c) He says yes and that he loves her.
(d) He says no and that he will never love her.
5. What phrase did Koyla overhear Aglaya say while she was reading Don Quixote?
(a) Stern order of chivalry.
(b) Poor knight.
(c) Tilting at windmills.
(d) Arrows of adversary.
6. What does Hippolite say he is going to read?
(a) A poem.
(b) A story.
(c) A letter.
(d) A newspaper article.
7. Who does Ganja blame for Burdovsky's claim against Myshkin?
(a) Government officials.
(b) Burdovsky's mother.
8. When the Prince and Rogozhin get back to Myshkin's house, what have a group of visitors gathered to celebrate?
(a) Myshkin's inheritance.
(b) Myshkin's recovery.
(c) Myskin's birthday.
(d) The retraction of the article.
9. What is Radomsky's view of liberalism?
(a) He thinks it's naive but admires it.
(b) He is in favor of it.
(c) He is opposed to it.
(d) He doesn't have an opinion.
10. Who does Aglaya tell her mother she is going to marry, when Madam Yephanchin interrupts Aglaya and Myshkin's meeting in the park?
11. Who does General Ivolgin tell Myshkin he befriended as a young boy?
(d) Queen Victoria.
12. What does Ganja tell Varya he wants to do at the beginning of Part IV?
(a) Get payment on the loan he mae to Varya.
(b) Invite Myshkin to come stay with them.
(c) Help Varya and her husband move out on their own.
(d) Throw Ganja's father out of the house.
13. How does Myshkin react to the idea that someone stole Lebedev's money?
(a) Myshkin is secretly pleased.
(b) Myshkin is irritated.
(c) Myshkin is horrified.
(d) Myshkin doesn't care.
14. What other literary work does the phrase Aglaya said bring up?
(a) A poem.
(b) An article.
(c) A story.
(d) A book.
15. Who does Lebedev think stole his missing money?
(d) General Yephanchin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Madam Yephanchin wonder if Aglaya is seriously interested in, at the beginning of Part III?
2. What games do Aglaya's sisters report that she played with her visitor?
3. How does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
4. When does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
5. Why does Hippolite realize, after seeing Rogozhin in his room at night, that Rogozhin couldn't have been there?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)