|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Madam Yephanchin wonder if Aglaya is seriously interested in, at the beginning of Part III?
(a) Ganja and Radomsky.
(b) Radomsky and Rogozhin.
(c) Rogozhin and Myskin.
(d) Myshkin and Ganja.
2. What games do Aglaya's sisters report that she played with her visitor?
(a) Chess and darts.
(b) Darts and croquet.
(c) Croquet and cards.
(d) Cards and chess.
3. What phrase did Koyla overhear Aglaya say while she was reading Don Quixote?
(a) Arrows of adversary.
(b) Tilting at windmills.
(c) Poor knight.
(d) Stern order of chivalry.
4. Who wrote the article?
5. Who first points out the article about Myshkin in the newspaper?
(d) Madam Yephanchin.
6. What does Myshkin tell General Tephanchin when he asks Myshkin about Nastassya?
(a) Myshkin says Nastassya is insane.
(b) Myshkin says Nastassya is kind and misunderstood.
(c) Myshkin says Nastassya no longer interests him.
(d) Myshkin says Nastassya is bewilderingly lovely.
7. At the beginning of Part III, Chapter VI, what decor from Rogozhin's home does Hippolite talk about?
(a) A lamp that shines all night.
(b) A secret drawer in the dresser.
(c) A rug woven in the design of a cross.
(d) A religious painting.
8. When Myshkin asks about Lebedev's missing money, where does Lebedev tell Myshkin he found the money?
(a) Beneath the seat of a carriage.
(b) Under his chair.
(c) In a pot.
(d) In his wallet.
9. Who is the first visitor who arrives, while Myshkin is recuperating?
(b) Madam Yephanchin.
(c) General Ivolgin.
10. After Myshkin returns to the Yephanchins' house, following the walk in the park and the fight, what does Aglaya show Myshkin how to do?
(a) Load a gun.
(b) Sharpen a knife.
(c) Carve a whistle.
(d) Sew a button.
11. What does Hippolite do when Myshkin tells him to stop reading?
(a) Hippolite reads louder so he is shouting in Myshkin's ear.
(b) Hippolite stops reading.
(c) Hippolite stops reading but starts again a moment later.
(d) Hippolite continues to read, despite Myshkin's plea.
12. What does Myshkin say, when Aglaya asks him to marry her in Part IV, Chapter V?
(a) He says no and that he will never love her.
(b) He says no, but he loves her.
(c) He says yes, but that he will never love her.
(d) He says yes and that he loves her.
13. When does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
(a) At noon.
(b) At sunset.
(c) At midnight.
(d) At sunrise.
14. What has Varya been trying to do in her visits to the Yephanchins' house?
(a) Convince Adelaide to run away with Koyla.
(b) Win a favor from Madam Yephanchin.
(c) Convince General Yephanchin to forgive a loan.
(d) Get Aglaya to marry her brother.
15. When Radomsky asks for Myshkin's friendship, what is Myshkin's response?
(a) Myshkin immediately denies his friendship.
(b) Myshkin denies his friendship, and then changes his mind.
(c) Myshkin immediately offers his friendship.
(d) Myshkin offers his friendship, and then changes his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Madam Yephanchin learn came to visit Aglaya while she was out?
2. What illness does Hippolite have?
3. How long does Ganja tell Myshkin that Nastassya has been in town?
4. Nastassya has written Aglaya several letters that Aglaya shows Myshkin. What do these letters ask Aglaya to do?
5. How does Myshkin react to the idea that someone stole Lebedev's money?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)