Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burdovsky want from Myshkin?
(c) An apology.
2. To whom does Aglaya ask Koyla to give the animal she's bought?
(a) General Yephanchin.
3. Where does Aglaya say she comes some mornings at 7 o'clock?
(a) A red newstand by the train station.
(b) A small cafe on a street corner.
(c) An isolated stump in a field.
(d) A green bench in the park.
4. What does Ganja tell Varya he wants to do at the beginning of Part IV?
(a) Help Varya and her husband move out on their own.
(b) Invite Myshkin to come stay with them.
(c) Throw Ganja's father out of the house.
(d) Get payment on the loan he mae to Varya.
5. What does Hippolite say he is going to read?
(a) A letter.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) A story.
(d) A poem.
6. What is Madam Yephanchin's position about the possibility of Myshkin marrying her daughter Aglaya?
(a) She says Myshkin can never marry her daughter.
(b) She doesn't care if Myshkin marries her daughter.
(c) She says Myshkin can only marry her daughter if he's no longer involved with Rogozhin.
(d) She says Myshkin must marry her daughter.
7. When the Prince and Rogozhin get back to Myshkin's house, what have a group of visitors gathered to celebrate?
(a) Myshkin's inheritance.
(b) Myshkin's recovery.
(c) The retraction of the article.
(d) Myskin's birthday.
8. Does Myshkin believe Lebedev's story about finding the money?
(a) No, but he doesn't trouble Lebedev to try to find out the whole truth.
(b) No, he questions Lebedev until he learns the whole truth.
(c) Yes, but later he learns that Lebedev was lying.
(d) Yes, and he continues to believe the story.
9. Why does General Ivolgin say he is leaving Lebedev's house?
(a) Because he and Lebedev are always arguing.
(b) Because he has fallen in love and wants to marry.
(c) Because he has found a better place to live.
(d) Because Ganja has promised to take him back.
10. What does Myshkin do while he is waiting for Aglaya on the park bench?
(a) He talks to a stranger.
(b) He reads.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He watches people and makes up stories about them.
11. When Radomsky asks for Myshkin's friendship, what is Myshkin's response?
(a) Myshkin offers his friendship, and then changes his mind.
(b) Myshkin immediately denies his friendship.
(c) Myshkin denies his friendship, and then changes his mind.
(d) Myshkin immediately offers his friendship.
12. What does Koyla ask his father to do?
(a) Come home.
(b) Find a job.
(c) Apologize to Ganja.
(d) Leave the city with Koyla.
13. How long does Ganja tell Myshkin that Nastassya has been in town?
(a) A fortnight.
(b) Two hours.
(c) One week.
(d) Four days.
14. Who does General Ivolgin tell Myshkin he befriended as a young boy?
(a) Queen Victoria.
15. What has Varya been trying to do in her visits to the Yephanchins' house?
(a) Convince Adelaide to run away with Koyla.
(b) Convince General Yephanchin to forgive a loan.
(c) Get Aglaya to marry her brother.
(d) Win a favor from Madam Yephanchin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Myshkin tell General Tephanchin when he asks Myshkin about Nastassya?
2. Where does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
3. Who does Madam Yephanchin learn came to visit Aglaya while she was out?
4. Who is the first visitor who arrives, while Myshkin is recuperating?
5. What does Hippolite do when Myshkin tells him to stop reading?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)