|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Prince and Rogozhin get back to Myshkin's house, what have a group of visitors gathered to celebrate?
(a) Myskin's birthday.
(b) Myshkin's recovery.
(c) The retraction of the article.
(d) Myshkin's inheritance.
2. What illness does Hippolite have?
3. What does Myshkin offer Burdovsky?
(a) A letter of apology.
(b) 10,000 roubles.
(c) A gold cross.
(d) A country house.
4. When does Hippolite plan to kill himself?
(a) At midnight.
(b) At noon.
(c) At sunrise.
(d) At sunset.
5. Who is the first visitor who arrives, while Myshkin is recuperating?
(a) General Ivolgin.
(d) Madam Yephanchin.
6. Who does Lebedev think stole his missing money?
(b) General Yephanchin.
7. How does Ganja feel about HIppolite?
(a) Ganja hates Hippolite.
(b) Ganja doesn't care about Hippolite.
(c) Ganja admires Hippolite.
(d) Ganja loves Hippolite as a brother.
8. What does Ganja say happened to Burdovsky's real father?
(a) He went to prison.
(b) He died.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He is in an insane asylum.
9. What reason does Myshkin give Aglaya for him coming to Pavlovsk?
(a) Myshkin says he came to get away from Moscow.
(b) Myshkin says he came to be near Aglaya.
(c) Myshkin says he came to rekindle his friendship with Rogozhin.
(d) Myshkin says he came to win Nastassya's love.
10. When Hippolite wakes at Myshkin's celebration, how long does a party member say he's been asleep?
(a) Forty-two minutes.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) Seven minutes.
11. What does Hippolite mention seeing in a dream?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) A snake.
(c) A spider.
(d) A rat.
12. Who does Ganja blame for Burdovsky's claim against Myshkin?
(a) Burdovsky's mother.
(c) Government officials.
13. How does Aglaya claim Ganja proved his love for her?
(a) By burning his own hand.
(b) By carving her name in his arm.
(c) By offering her all the money he has.
(d) By slapping her across the face.
14. When Radomsky asks for Myshkin's friendship, what is Myshkin's response?
(a) Myshkin denies his friendship, and then changes his mind.
(b) Myshkin immediately denies his friendship.
(c) Myshkin immediately offers his friendship.
(d) Myshkin offers his friendship, and then changes his mind.
15. What does Myshkin do while he is waiting for Aglaya on the park bench?
(a) He reads.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He talks to a stranger.
(d) He watches people and makes up stories about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burdovsky want from Myshkin?
2. How does Myshkin react to the idea that someone stole Lebedev's money?
3. What games do Aglaya's sisters report that she played with her visitor?
4. When Myshkin asks about Lebedev's missing money, where does Lebedev tell Myshkin he found the money?
5. Who comes in Hippolite's dream, when he calls for help?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)