|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hippolite do when Myshkin tells him to stop reading?
(a) Hippolite stops reading.
(b) Hippolite stops reading but starts again a moment later.
(c) Hippolite continues to read, despite Myshkin's plea.
(d) Hippolite reads louder so he is shouting in Myshkin's ear.
2. What illness does Hippolite have?
3. Who does Myshkin stop one of the officer friends of the Yephanshins from hitting?
(b) Madam Yephanchin.
4. What is Radomsky's view of liberalism?
(a) He doesn't have an opinion.
(b) He is opposed to it.
(c) He is in favor of it.
(d) He thinks it's naive but admires it.
5. Where does Myshkin recuperate from his seizure?
(a) Ganja's boarding house.
(b) Lebedev's villa.
(c) The Yephanchin's house.
(d) Rogozhin's house.
6. When Nastassya sees Myshkin at the end of Chapter VI, what does she do?
(a) Get down on her knees.
(b) Stand above him on the stairs.
(c) Lay prone on the grass.
(d) Sit down on his lap.
7. Who is Ganja arguing with, when Varya comes home at the beginning of Part IV?
(a) Ganja and Varya's father.
(b) Varya's husband.
(d) General Yephanchin.
8. When Radomsky asks for Myshkin's friendship, what is Myshkin's response?
(a) Myshkin immediately denies his friendship.
(b) Myshkin immediately offers his friendship.
(c) Myshkin offers his friendship, and then changes his mind.
(d) Myshkin denies his friendship, and then changes his mind.
9. Who does Myshkin realize is the woman from his dream in the park?
(c) Ganja's mother.
(d) Madam Yephanchin.
10. Who wrote the article?
11. Who does Aglaya tell her mother she is going to marry, when Madam Yephanchin interrupts Aglaya and Myshkin's meeting in the park?
12. What does Ganja say happened to Burdovsky's real father?
(a) He is in an insane asylum.
(b) He went to prison.
(c) He died.
(d) He ran away.
13. Where does Aglaya say she comes some mornings at 7 o'clock?
(a) A red newstand by the train station.
(b) An isolated stump in a field.
(c) A green bench in the park.
(d) A small cafe on a street corner.
14. What does Aglaya change when she recites from a reading?
(a) Adjectives describing a book.
(b) Initials on a rosary.
(c) The name of a character.
(d) The location of a house.
15. How does Myshkin react to the idea that someone stole Lebedev's money?
(a) Myshkin is secretly pleased.
(b) Myshkin doesn't care.
(c) Myshkin is irritated.
(d) Myshkin is horrified.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hippolite mention seeing in a dream?
2. Who does Madam Yephanchin learn came to visit Aglaya while she was out?
3. How does Ganja feel about HIppolite?
4. Who does Madam Yephanchin wonder if Aglaya is seriously interested in, at the beginning of Part III?
5. Who comes in Hippolite's dream, when he calls for help?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)