|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aglaya ask Myshkin to read?
(a) A letter from Ganja.
(b) Her diary.
(c) An article in the paper.
(d) A poem from a book in the library.
2. Who is Prince Myshkin traveling to meet?
(a) Madame Yephanchin.
(c) Nastassya Flippovna.
3. How does Myshkin react when Ganja calls him an idiot?
4. What does Rogozhin say his reason is for traveling to Russia?
(a) To be married.
(b) To take over a business.
(c) To collect an inheritance.
(d) To find a lost relative.
5. Who does Myshkin try to visit at the Scales hotel?
6. What is Rogozhin's house like?
(a) Large and gloomy.
(b) Small and bright.
(c) Large and bright.
(d) Small and gloomy.
7. What does Ganja do when Madam Yephanchin confronts him about what she suspects her husband is doing behind her back?
(a) He denies any knowledge of it.
(b) He admits that she is right.
(c) He promises to search her husband's papers for any evidence.
(d) He says that he shares her suspicions but doesn't know for a fact it's true.
8. What does Ganja ask Aglaya to do?
(a) Save him from marrying Nastassya.
(b) Arrange a marriage for her sister.
(c) Prevent her mother from learning what her father is doing.
(d) Run away to marry Myshkin.
9. What is General Yephanchin's initial response to the Prince's request for help?
(a) He immediately offers the Prince a job.
(b) He immediately offers the Prince room and board for as long as he needs it.
(c) He says at first that he can't help the Prince.
(d) He immediately offers the Prince temporary room and board.
10. Who does Nastassya expect to try to get the money?
11. What illness does Prince Myshkin suffer from?
12. What is Totsky's story about?
(a) Seducing an older woman for money.
(b) Blackmailing a priest.
(c) Stealing a woman's affections.
(d) Sending a false letter to a woman's husband.
13. Who finally brings Myshkin to Nastassya's house?
14. How many daughters do the Yephanchins have?
15. Does Nastassya accept Myshkin's proposal?
(a) Yes, but then she almost immediately leavs with Rogozhin.
(b) No, she accepts no one's proposal.
(c) No, she accepts Rogozhin immediately.
(d) Yes, and she leaves with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ganja's father throw out a window in the story?
2. What does the story Ferdyshchenko describes involve stealing?
3. Who does Madam Yephanchin want to talk to as soon as she sees the photo of Nastassya?
4. How does Madame Yephanchin react to Myshkin?
5. Who gets fired in Ferdyshchenko's story?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)