|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ganja's father throw out a window in the story?
(a) A woman.
(b) An ashtray.
(c) A dog.
(d) A hat.
2. Who invites Myshkin to sit next to them?
(c) General Yephanchin.
3. What illness does Prince Myshkin suffer from?
4. What does Ganja do when Madam Yephanchin confronts him about what she suspects her husband is doing behind her back?
(a) He admits that she is right.
(b) He promises to search her husband's papers for any evidence.
(c) He says that he shares her suspicions but doesn't know for a fact it's true.
(d) He denies any knowledge of it.
5. What does Ferdyshchenko suggest making Myshkin do, as punishment for poor behavior?
(a) Dance for the group.
(b) Play charades.
(c) Play the piano.
(d) Sing a song.
6. What does Rogozhin's mother do to Myshkin?
(a) She orders him out of the house.
(b) She blesses him.
(c) She orders him to take her away from Rogozhin.
(d) She curses him.
7. Where does Ganja live?
(a) In his family's boarding house.
(b) Alone in a small house.
(c) In a cottage on a large estate.
(d) In a room in an old woman's house.
8. What does Ganja ask Aglaya to do?
(a) Arrange a marriage for her sister.
(b) Prevent her mother from learning what her father is doing.
(c) Save him from marrying Nastassya.
(d) Run away to marry Myshkin.
9. What is the General's plan for his daughter Aglaya?
(a) He plans her to be educated as a teacher.
(b) He plans her to marry a rich man.
(c) He plans her to be sent to a convent.
(d) He plans her to be educated as an artist.
10. What does Nastassya use to retrieve the money?
(a) She uses her hands.
(b) She has a servant get it.
(c) She uses a bowl.
(d) She uses tongs.
11. Whose death does Yephanchin tell a story about?
(a) His landlady.
(b) His schoolteacher.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
12. Where does Myshkin plan to live?
(a) He arranges to stay with Rogozhin permanently.
(b) He arranges to buy a house next to Ganja's.
(c) He arranges to rent Lebedyev's house in Palovsk.
(d) He arranges to live with the Yephanchins.
13. Who is home when Myshkin visits the Yephanchins' house, after leaving Rogozhin?
(a) Madam Yephanchin.
(b) No one.
(c) General Yephanchin.
14. What is Myshkin's explanation for why Nastassya left Rogozhin?
(a) She can't abide the idea of marrying anyone.
(b) She can't deal with Rogozhin's paranoia.
(c) She is secretly in love with someone else.
(d) She wants more money than Rogozhin can give her.
15. What does Myshkin think of the picture of Nastassya Filippovna?
(a) He thinks she looks beautiful but tragic.
(b) He thinks she looks unpleasant and sad.
(c) He thinks she looks unpleasant but happy.
(d) He thinks she looks beautiful and happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the General offer Totsky to marry?
2. What is Totsky's story about?
3. Where does Rogozhin suggest that Myshkin should stay, after the fight with Ganja?
4. Who does Myshkin try to visit at the Scales hotel?
5. Who gets fired in Ferdyshchenko's story?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)