|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Myshkin plan to live?
(a) He arranges to stay with Rogozhin permanently.
(b) He arranges to live with the Yephanchins.
(c) He arranges to rent Lebedyev's house in Palovsk.
(d) He arranges to buy a house next to Ganja's.
2. What story does Ganja's father tell?
(a) A story about meeting Ganja's mother.
(b) A story about a glorious victory in battle.
(c) A story about Ganja's birth under an auspicious sign.
(d) A story about the beginning of a rift with the Yephanchin family.
3. What does Ferdyshchenko suggest making Myshkin do, as punishment for poor behavior?
(a) Sing a song.
(b) Play the piano.
(c) Play charades.
(d) Dance for the group.
4. Who does the General suggest that Prince Myshkin stay with?
(a) The Yephanchins.
(c) Nastassya Filippovna.
5. What does Ganja do when Madam Yephanchin confronts him about what she suspects her husband is doing behind her back?
(a) He denies any knowledge of it.
(b) He admits that she is right.
(c) He says that he shares her suspicions but doesn't know for a fact it's true.
(d) He promises to search her husband's papers for any evidence.
6. What does Madam Yephachin tell Myshkin to get for her?
(a) Her husband's accounting book.
(b) Nastassya Filippovna's photograph.
(c) A jewel case from her bedroom.
(d) The tea service from the kitchen.
7. How did General Yephanchin make his reputation and fortune?
(a) As a military leader.
(b) By gambling.
(c) Through an invention.
(d) By shareholding.
8. What does Prince Myshkin smoke?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A hooka.
9. When the Yephachin women ask what Myshkin thinks of them, who does he avoid commenting on?
(c) Madam Yephachin.
10. What illness does Prince Myshkin suffer from?
11. Whose death does Yephanchin tell a story about?
(a) His mother.
(b) His schoolteacher.
(c) His landlady.
(d) His sister.
12. What happens to Ganja, after Nastassya gives up Rogozhin's money?
(a) He hits his head, knocking himself unconscious.
(b) He faints.
(c) He screams uncontrollably.
(d) He runs out of the house.
13. How much money does Rogozhin offer for Nastassya's hand in marriage?
(a) 100,000 roubles.
(b) 50,000 roubles.
(c) 500,000 roubles.
(d) 250,000 roubles.
14. How does the party in general react to Rogozhin's arrival?
(a) The party is happy to see him.
(b) The party is disgusted but interested in him.
(c) People make fun of Rogozhin for entertainment.
(d) People avoid Rogozhin from embarrassment.
15. What skill does the Prince tell the General that he has?
(b) Architectural drafting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is Myshkin about to inherit?
2. What state is Rogozhin in when he visits Ganja's house on Myshkin's first night there?
3. What does the story Ferdyshchenko describes involve stealing?
4. What does Rogozhin do after attempting to kill Myshkin?
5. In what country was the hospital located where Prince Myshkin stayed?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)