|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house does Myshkin go to when he first arrives back in St. Petersburg?
(a) The Yephanchins' house.
(b) Lebedev's house.
(c) Ganja's house.
(d) Rogozhin's house.
2. What does Ganja ask Aglaya to do?
(a) Prevent her mother from learning what her father is doing.
(b) Arrange a marriage for her sister.
(c) Save him from marrying Nastassya.
(d) Run away to marry Myshkin.
3. What does Myshkin learn about Nastassya's engagement to Rogozhin?
(a) Nastassya is rumored to have married Rogozhin and then left him a week later.
(b) Nastassya is rumored to have run off with Rogozhin without marrying him.
(c) Nastassya is rumored to have left Rogozhin on their wedding day.
(d) Nastassya is rumored to have married Rogozhin and left the country with him.
4. How much money is Myshkin about to inherit?
(a) 50,000,000 roubles.
(b) 70,000,000 roubles.
(c) 100,000,000 roubles.
(d) 10,000,000 roubles.
5. At the beginning of the first chapter, where are the men in the train traveling to?
(d) St. Petersburg.
6. What does Myshkin threaten to do, after Ganja calls him an idiot?
(a) Reveal what he's been doing to Madam Yephanchin.
(b) Pay for his own lodgings elsewhere.
(c) Tell General Yephanchin what Ganja has said.
(d) Fight Ganja in a duel of honor.
7. How does Nastassya react to Rogozhin's arrival?
(a) She is bored by him.
(b) She is pleased with the reaction to him.
(c) She is angry at him and avoids him.
(d) She is sad to see him and pouts.
8. How does Lebedev react when Rogozhin tells who he is?
9. What does Nastassya do with Rogozhin's money?
(a) She throws it into the street.
(b) She throws it in the fire.
(c) She gives it to Myshkin.
(d) She tears it up.
10. What reason does Ganja give for wanting Myshkin as a friend?
(a) That he needs someone like Myshkin to believe in his goodness.
(b) That scoundrels need honest men.
(c) That Myshkin is fun to listen to.
(d) That he wants to keep an eye on Myshkin, who he doesn't trust.
11. When the Yephachin women ask what Myshkin thinks of them, who does he avoid commenting on?
(b) Madam Yephachin.
12. What do some guests at the party criticize Myshkin for?
(a) Coming without a partner.
(b) Inviting himself.
(c) Arriving early.
(d) Arriving late.
13. Where does Ganja live?
(a) Alone in a small house.
(b) In a cottage on a large estate.
(c) In his family's boarding house.
(d) In a room in an old woman's house.
14. What do Ganja and his family argue about?
(a) Ganja's plans to move to a new home.
(b) Ganja's job working for General Yephanchin.
(c) Ganja's plans to marry Nastassya.
(d) Ganja bringing Myshkin home with him.
15. Whose death does Yephanchin tell a story about?
(a) His schoolteacher.
(b) His sister.
(c) His landlady.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ganja think of Myshkin, after he's gotten to know him?
2. Who does Ganja ask Myshkin to deliver a secret letter to?
3. What does Nastassya say about Myshkin after his proposal?
4. What skill does the Prince tell the General that he has?
5. What does Rogozhin's mother do to Myshkin?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)