|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes first in the game?
2. How does the General describe the Prince to his wife?
(a) As a very ill and incapacitated man.
(b) As a very strange, unnatural man.
(c) As a pleasant, interesting man.
(d) As a happy-go-lucky, carefree man.
3. What illness does Prince Myshkin suffer from?
4. In what country was the hospital located where Prince Myshkin stayed?
5. Whose house does Myshkin go to when he first arrives back in St. Petersburg?
(a) Ganja's house.
(b) Lebedev's house.
(c) Rogozhin's house.
(d) The Yephanchins' house.
6. How long is Myshkin away from St. Petersburg?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Eighteen months.
7. How much money does Rogozhin offer for Nastassya's hand in marriage?
(a) 250,000 roubles.
(b) 50,000 roubles.
(c) 500,000 roubles.
(d) 100,000 roubles.
8. Who runs after Nastassya and Rogozhin when they leave?
9. What does Prince Myshkin smoke?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A hooka.
10. What does Nastassya use to retrieve the money?
(a) She has a servant get it.
(b) She uses a bowl.
(c) She uses her hands.
(d) She uses tongs.
11. How did General Yephanchin make his reputation and fortune?
(a) By gambling.
(b) As a military leader.
(c) Through an invention.
(d) By shareholding.
12. What is Totsky's story about?
(a) Stealing a woman's affections.
(b) Seducing an older woman for money.
(c) Sending a false letter to a woman's husband.
(d) Blackmailing a priest.
13. How does the party react to Ferdyshchenko's story?
(a) They sympathize with Ferdyshchenko.
(b) They are upset.
(c) They are mildly amused.
(d) They think it's hilarious.
14. Where does Rogozhin suggest that Myshkin should stay, after the fight with Ganja?
(a) With the Yephanchins.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) At a hospital.
(d) With Rogozhin.
15. How does Myshkin react when Ganja calls him an idiot?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the General's plan for his daughter Aglaya?
2. What does Myshkin learn about Nastassya's engagement to Rogozhin?
3. What is General Yephanchin's initial response to the Prince's request for help?
4. What does Myshkin threaten to do, after Ganja calls him an idiot?
5. Where does Myshkin go to claim his inheritance?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)