|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Madame Yephanchin react to Myshkin?
(a) She dislikes him immediately.
(b) She is annoyed by him.
(c) She distrusts him on sight.
(d) She likes him immediately.
2. What does Nastassya say about Myshkin after his proposal?
(a) She says he is an idiot.
(b) She says at least he is a rich idiot.
(c) She says he is not an idiot afterall.
(d) She says he only pretends to be an idiot.
3. Who gets fired in Ferdyshchenko's story?
(a) A clerk at a shop.
(b) A servant.
(d) Ferdyshchenko's brother.
4. What does the story Ferdyshchenko describes involve stealing?
5. How did General Yephanchin make his reputation and fortune?
(a) By gambling.
(b) By shareholding.
(c) Through an invention.
(d) As a military leader.
6. What story does Ganja's father tell?
(a) A story about meeting Ganja's mother.
(b) A story about Ganja's birth under an auspicious sign.
(c) A story about a glorious victory in battle.
(d) A story about the beginning of a rift with the Yephanchin family.
7. Where does Rogozhin suggest that Myshkin should stay, after the fight with Ganja?
(a) With the Yephanchins.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) At a hospital.
(d) With Rogozhin.
8. Who is Prince Myshkin traveling to meet?
(b) Madame Yephanchin.
(d) Nastassya Flippovna.
9. Who does the General suggest that Prince Myshkin stay with?
(a) The Yephanchins.
(d) Nastassya Filippovna.
10. How does the party react to Ferdyshchenko's story?
(a) They sympathize with Ferdyshchenko.
(b) They are upset.
(c) They are mildly amused.
(d) They think it's hilarious.
11. Who does Myshkin try to visit at the Scales hotel?
12. Who finally brings Myshkin to Nastassya's house?
13. Where does Ganja live?
(a) In his family's boarding house.
(b) In a cottage on a large estate.
(c) Alone in a small house.
(d) In a room in an old woman's house.
14. How long is Myshkin away from St. Petersburg?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) One year.
15. How do the party guests decide what order to play the game?
(a) They draw names from a hat.
(b) They go around the table clockwise.
(c) They go in alphabetical order according to name.
(d) They volunteer to go next.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the visitor mistake Myshkin for?
2. Who does the General suggest should marry Nastassya Filippovna?
3. How long ago did Totsky take in Nastassya as his ward?
4. What is the General's plan for his daughter Aglaya?
5. What does Rogozhin's mother do to Myshkin?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)