|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the first chapter, where are the men in the train traveling to?
(d) St. Petersburg.
2. Who does Myshkin try to visit at the Scales hotel?
3. How long ago did Totsky take in Nastassya as his ward?
(a) Eighteen years.
(b) Twenty-four years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Seven years.
4. In what country was the hospital located where Prince Myshkin stayed?
5. What mistake does Myshkin make when he leaves Rogozhin?
(a) He forgest he's leaving and comes back.
(b) He gets into the wrong carriage.
(c) He forgets to open the door.
(d) He goes the wrong way.
6. Who does Madam Yephanchin want to talk to as soon as she sees the photo of Nastassya?
(b) Her husband.
7. What does Madam Yephachin tell Myshkin to get for her?
(a) The tea service from the kitchen.
(b) A jewel case from her bedroom.
(c) Her husband's accounting book.
(d) Nastassya Filippovna's photograph.
8. What does Myshkin threaten to do, after Ganja calls him an idiot?
(a) Pay for his own lodgings elsewhere.
(b) Tell General Yephanchin what Ganja has said.
(c) Reveal what he's been doing to Madam Yephanchin.
(d) Fight Ganja in a duel of honor.
9. Who does the General suggest that Prince Myshkin stay with?
(b) Nastassya Filippovna.
(d) The Yephanchins.
10. What game does Nastassya suggest to the men?
(a) Describing the worst thing someone's done to them.
(b) Describing the worst thing they've ever done.
(c) Describing secrets about the women.
(d) Describing embarrasing information about themselves.
11. What state is Rogozhin in when he visits Ganja's house on Myshkin's first night there?
(a) He is injured and in need of a doctor.
(b) He is exhausted and falling asleep.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is crying uncontrollably.
12. How does Myshkin react when Ganja calls him an idiot?
13. Where does Ganja live?
(a) In his family's boarding house.
(b) Alone in a small house.
(c) In a cottage on a large estate.
(d) In a room in an old woman's house.
14. Who does the visitor mistake Myshkin for?
(a) A man courting Ganja's sister.
(b) A relative of Ganja's.
(c) A tradesman selling kitchenware.
(d) A footman.
15. Who gets fired in Ferdyshchenko's story?
(a) A clerk at a shop.
(b) A servant.
(c) Ferdyshchenko's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Myshkin's explanation for why Nastassya left Rogozhin?
2. Who does Nastassya expect to try to get the money?
3. Where does Rogozhin suggest that Myshkin should stay, after the fight with Ganja?
4. What does Madam Yephanchin think her husband is doing behind her back?
5. How does Madame Yephanchin react to Myshkin?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)