|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the story Ferdyshchenko describes involve stealing?
2. Who does Madam Yephanchin want to talk to as soon as she sees the photo of Nastassya?
(b) Her husband.
3. Who does the visitor mistake Myshkin for?
(a) A footman.
(b) A relative of Ganja's.
(c) A man courting Ganja's sister.
(d) A tradesman selling kitchenware.
4. How does Myshkin react when Ganja calls him an idiot?
5. How much money is Myshkin about to inherit?
(a) 70,000,000 roubles.
(b) 100,000,000 roubles.
(c) 50,000,000 roubles.
(d) 10,000,000 roubles.
6. What story does Ganja's father tell?
(a) A story about Ganja's birth under an auspicious sign.
(b) A story about a glorious victory in battle.
(c) A story about the beginning of a rift with the Yephanchin family.
(d) A story about meeting Ganja's mother.
7. What does General Ivolgin do, after promising to bring Myshkin to see Nastassya?
(a) He takes up Myshkin's time with long stories, then falls asleep.
(b) He gets Myshkin arrested.
(c) He gets drunk and misleads Myshkin.
(d) He brings Myshkin down a blind alley and robs him.
8. What does Nastassya say about Myshkin after his proposal?
(a) She says he only pretends to be an idiot.
(b) She says he is an idiot.
(c) She says at least he is a rich idiot.
(d) She says he is not an idiot afterall.
9. What is Myshkin's explanation for why Nastassya left Rogozhin?
(a) She can't deal with Rogozhin's paranoia.
(b) She can't abide the idea of marrying anyone.
(c) She is secretly in love with someone else.
(d) She wants more money than Rogozhin can give her.
10. What does Myshkin pick up without thinking about it, while he is talking to Rogozhin?
(a) A rope.
(b) A knife.
(c) A lighter.
(d) A gun.
11. How did General Yephanchin make his reputation and fortune?
(a) By gambling.
(b) Through an invention.
(c) By shareholding.
(d) As a military leader.
12. Whose house does Myshkin go to when he first arrives back in St. Petersburg?
(a) Lebedev's house.
(b) The Yephanchins' house.
(c) Rogozhin's house.
(d) Ganja's house.
13. What does Myshkin threaten to do, after Ganja calls him an idiot?
(a) Reveal what he's been doing to Madam Yephanchin.
(b) Fight Ganja in a duel of honor.
(c) Pay for his own lodgings elsewhere.
(d) Tell General Yephanchin what Ganja has said.
14. Who finally brings Myshkin to Nastassya's house?
15. Where does Rogozhin invite Prince Myshkin?
(a) To his father's funeral service.
(b) To meet Nastassya Flippovna.
(c) To a formal ball.
(d) To a state dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferdyshchenko suggest making Myshkin do, as punishment for poor behavior?
2. What mistake does Myshkin make when he leaves Rogozhin?
3. What skill does the Prince tell the General that he has?
4. What does Ganja ask Aglaya to do?
5. Who does Nastassya expect to try to get the money?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)