|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the party guests decide what order to play the game?
(a) They volunteer to go next.
(b) They go around the table clockwise.
(c) They go in alphabetical order according to name.
(d) They draw names from a hat.
2. What does Myshkin pick up without thinking about it, while he is talking to Rogozhin?
(a) A gun.
(b) A rope.
(c) A lighter.
(d) A knife.
3. Who invites Myshkin to sit next to them?
(a) General Yephanchin.
4. Who gets fired in Ferdyshchenko's story?
(a) A clerk at a shop.
(b) A servant.
(c) Ferdyshchenko's brother.
5. How did the General's wife react to his gift to Nastassya Filoppovna?
(a) She never found out about it.
(b) She was upset.
(c) She didn't care.
(d) She was happy.
6. Where does Rogozhin invite Prince Myshkin?
(a) To a formal ball.
(b) To his father's funeral service.
(c) To meet Nastassya Flippovna.
(d) To a state dinner.
7. What do some guests at the party criticize Myshkin for?
(a) Arriving early.
(b) Inviting himself.
(c) Coming without a partner.
(d) Arriving late.
8. Who gives Aglaya a letter from Myshkin?
9. What do Rogozhin and Myshkin exchange with each other?
(b) Silver and gold cufflinks.
(c) Silver and gold crosses.
(d) Walking sticks.
10. How long is Myshkin away from St. Petersburg?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) One year.
11. How does Myshkin react when Ganja calls him an idiot?
12. What does Rogozhin give to Nastassya?
(a) Silk stockings.
(b) A diamond bracelet.
(c) 18,000 roubles.
(d) A dog.
13. Who does Myshkin try to visit at the Scales hotel?
14. What is Totsky's story about?
(a) Stealing a woman's affections.
(b) Blackmailing a priest.
(c) Sending a false letter to a woman's husband.
(d) Seducing an older woman for money.
15. What is Rogozhin's house like?
(a) Large and gloomy.
(b) Small and bright.
(c) Small and gloomy.
(d) Large and bright.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the party in general react to Rogozhin's arrival?
2. Who runs after Nastassya and Rogozhin when they leave?
3. What game does Nastassya suggest to the men?
4. Who does Myshkin think is following him?
5. Where does Ganja live?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)