|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is Rogozhin in when he visits Ganja's house on Myshkin's first night there?
(a) He is crying uncontrollably.
(b) He is injured and in need of a doctor.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is exhausted and falling asleep.
2. What is Rogozhin's house like?
(a) Small and gloomy.
(b) Large and gloomy.
(c) Large and bright.
(d) Small and bright.
3. Does Nastassya accept Myshkin's proposal?
(a) Yes, and she leaves with him.
(b) Yes, but then she almost immediately leavs with Rogozhin.
(c) No, she accepts Rogozhin immediately.
(d) No, she accepts no one's proposal.
4. What is the General's opinion of Rogozhin?
(a) The General doesn't know him.
(b) The General admires him.
(c) The General is jealous of him.
(d) The General dislikes him.
5. How does Myshkin react when Ganja calls him an idiot?
6. How does Nastassya react to Rogozhin's arrival?
(a) She is pleased with the reaction to him.
(b) She is bored by him.
(c) She is sad to see him and pouts.
(d) She is angry at him and avoids him.
7. What is Rogozhin's explanation for why Nastassya left him?
(a) She can't forgive what Rogozin has done to her.
(b) She is trying to make Rogozhin submit to her completely.
(c) She is too stubborn to admit that she loves Rogozhin.
(d) She is in love with Myshkin.
8. Who does the General find a picture of?
(a) Nastassya Flippovna.
(b) Prince Myshkin.
9. In what country was the hospital located where Prince Myshkin stayed?
10. What does Rogozhin give to Nastassya?
(a) Silk stockings.
(b) 18,000 roubles.
(c) A dog.
(d) A diamond bracelet.
11. Who does Madam Yephanchin want to talk to as soon as she sees the photo of Nastassya?
(b) Her husband.
12. Who does the General offer Totsky to marry?
(a) His daughter Adelaida.
(b) Nastassya Filippovna.
(c) His daughter Aglaya.
(d) His daugher Alexandra.
13. What do Rogozhin and Myshkin exchange with each other?
(b) Silver and gold crosses.
(c) Walking sticks.
(d) Silver and gold cufflinks.
14. What does Nastassya use to retrieve the money?
(a) She has a servant get it.
(b) She uses tongs.
(c) She uses her hands.
(d) She uses a bowl.
15. What is Totsky's story about?
(a) Seducing an older woman for money.
(b) Blackmailing a priest.
(c) Stealing a woman's affections.
(d) Sending a false letter to a woman's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Myshkin learn about Nastassya's engagement to Rogozhin?
2. How much money does Rogozhin offer for Nastassya's hand in marriage?
3. What does Aglaya ask Myshkin to read?
4. What happens to Ganja, after Nastassya gives up Rogozhin's money?
5. What does Ganja ask Aglaya to do?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)