|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill does the Prince tell the General that he has?
(b) Architectural drafting.
2. How did the General's wife react to his gift to Nastassya Filoppovna?
(a) She never found out about it.
(b) She was happy.
(c) She didn't care.
(d) She was upset.
3. Who does Myshkin think is following him?
4. Who goes first in the game?
5. Whose death does Yephanchin tell a story about?
(a) His mother.
(b) His landlady.
(c) His schoolteacher.
(d) His sister.
6. Where does Rogozhin suggest that Myshkin should stay, after the fight with Ganja?
(a) With the Yephanchins.
(b) With Rogozhin.
(c) At a hospital.
(d) At a hotel.
7. What gift did the General buy Nastassya Filoppovna?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) A saphire bracelet.
(c) Pearl earrings.
(d) A ruby ring.
8. What does Prince Myshkin smoke?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A hooka.
(d) A pipe.
9. How long ago did Totsky take in Nastassya as his ward?
(a) Eighteen years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Twenty-four years.
(d) Seven years.
10. What is General Yephanchin's initial response to the Prince's request for help?
(a) He immediately offers the Prince temporary room and board.
(b) He says at first that he can't help the Prince.
(c) He immediately offers the Prince a job.
(d) He immediately offers the Prince room and board for as long as he needs it.
11. How much money does Rogozhin offer for Nastassya's hand in marriage?
(a) 100,000 roubles.
(b) 50,000 roubles.
(c) 500,000 roubles.
(d) 250,000 roubles.
12. Who gets fired in Ferdyshchenko's story?
(a) A clerk at a shop.
(c) A servant.
(d) Ferdyshchenko's brother.
13. How does the party react to Ferdyshchenko's story?
(a) They are mildly amused.
(b) They sympathize with Ferdyshchenko.
(c) They think it's hilarious.
(d) They are upset.
14. What is Myshkin's explanation for why Nastassya left Rogozhin?
(a) She is secretly in love with someone else.
(b) She can't deal with Rogozhin's paranoia.
(c) She wants more money than Rogozhin can give her.
(d) She can't abide the idea of marrying anyone.
15. In what country was the hospital located where Prince Myshkin stayed?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nastassya react to Rogozhin's arrival?
2. When the Yephachin women ask what Myshkin thinks of them, who does he avoid commenting on?
3. What do some guests at the party criticize Myshkin for?
4. Where does Myshkin go to claim his inheritance?
5. Where does Myshkin plan to live?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)