|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nastassya say about Myshkin after his proposal?
(a) She says at least he is a rich idiot.
(b) She says he is an idiot.
(c) She says he is not an idiot afterall.
(d) She says he only pretends to be an idiot.
2. Where does Myshkin plan to live?
(a) He arranges to live with the Yephanchins.
(b) He arranges to buy a house next to Ganja's.
(c) He arranges to rent Lebedyev's house in Palovsk.
(d) He arranges to stay with Rogozhin permanently.
3. What happens to Ganja, after Nastassya gives up Rogozhin's money?
(a) He hits his head, knocking himself unconscious.
(b) He faints.
(c) He runs out of the house.
(d) He screams uncontrollably.
4. How does the party react to Ferdyshchenko's story?
(a) They are upset.
(b) They think it's hilarious.
(c) They sympathize with Ferdyshchenko.
(d) They are mildly amused.
5. Has Nastassya met Ganja's family before her arrival on Myshkin's first night there?
(a) Yes, she has met them numerous times.
(b) No, and the family leaves before Nastassya arrives.
(c) No, it is their first meeting.
(d) Yes, she has met them once.
6. Where does Ganja live?
(a) Alone in a small house.
(b) In a cottage on a large estate.
(c) In a room in an old woman's house.
(d) In his family's boarding house.
7. How does Nastassya react to Rogozhin's arrival?
(a) She is sad to see him and pouts.
(b) She is bored by him.
(c) She is angry at him and avoids him.
(d) She is pleased with the reaction to him.
8. What does Ganja do when Madam Yephanchin confronts him about what she suspects her husband is doing behind her back?
(a) He admits that she is right.
(b) He promises to search her husband's papers for any evidence.
(c) He denies any knowledge of it.
(d) He says that he shares her suspicions but doesn't know for a fact it's true.
9. How does Myshkin react when Ganja calls him an idiot?
10. What state is Rogozhin in when he visits Ganja's house on Myshkin's first night there?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is crying uncontrollably.
(c) He is injured and in need of a doctor.
(d) He is exhausted and falling asleep.
11. Where does Myshkin go to claim his inheritance?
12. What does Ganja's father throw out a window in the story?
(a) A woman.
(b) A hat.
(c) A dog.
(d) An ashtray.
13. How much money is Myshkin about to inherit?
(a) 50,000,000 roubles.
(b) 70,000,000 roubles.
(c) 10,000,000 roubles.
(d) 100,000,000 roubles.
14. What does Rogozhin say his reason is for traveling to Russia?
(a) To find a lost relative.
(b) To be married.
(c) To take over a business.
(d) To collect an inheritance.
15. What does Myshkin pick up without thinking about it, while he is talking to Rogozhin?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A rope.
(d) A lighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rogozhin and Myshkin exchange with each other?
2. What skill does the Prince tell the General that he has?
3. What do Ganja and his family argue about?
4. Who does Nastassya expect to try to get the money?
5. Who does the General suggest should marry Nastassya Filippovna?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)