|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ferdyshchenko suggest making Myshkin do, as punishment for poor behavior?
(a) Sing a song.
(b) Play the piano.
(c) Play charades.
(d) Dance for the group.
2. What is Totsky's story about?
(a) Sending a false letter to a woman's husband.
(b) Seducing an older woman for money.
(c) Stealing a woman's affections.
(d) Blackmailing a priest.
3. How does the party react to Ferdyshchenko's story?
(a) They are mildly amused.
(b) They are upset.
(c) They think it's hilarious.
(d) They sympathize with Ferdyshchenko.
4. What is Rogozhin's house like?
(a) Small and bright.
(b) Large and bright.
(c) Large and gloomy.
(d) Small and gloomy.
5. What does Ganja ask Aglaya to do?
(a) Arrange a marriage for her sister.
(b) Run away to marry Myshkin.
(c) Prevent her mother from learning what her father is doing.
(d) Save him from marrying Nastassya.
6. What does Aglaya ask Myshkin to read?
(a) A poem from a book in the library.
(b) An article in the paper.
(c) Her diary.
(d) A letter from Ganja.
7. How does Lebedev react when Rogozhin tells who he is?
8. What skill does the Prince tell the General that he has?
(b) Architectural drafting.
9. What does Myshkin learn about Nastassya's engagement to Rogozhin?
(a) Nastassya is rumored to have run off with Rogozhin without marrying him.
(b) Nastassya is rumored to have married Rogozhin and then left him a week later.
(c) Nastassya is rumored to have married Rogozhin and left the country with him.
(d) Nastassya is rumored to have left Rogozhin on their wedding day.
10. What does Ganja's father throw out a window in the story?
(a) An ashtray.
(b) A dog.
(c) A woman.
(d) A hat.
11. Who does the General suggest should marry Nastassya Filippovna?
(a) His assistant Ganja.
(d) Prince Myshkin.
12. What does Nastassya use to retrieve the money?
(a) She has a servant get it.
(b) She uses tongs.
(c) She uses a bowl.
(d) She uses her hands.
13. How much money does Rogozhin offer for Nastassya's hand in marriage?
(a) 100,000 roubles.
(b) 250,000 roubles.
(c) 50,000 roubles.
(d) 500,000 roubles.
14. Who does the General find a picture of?
(a) Nastassya Flippovna.
(c) Prince Myshkin.
15. How many daughters do the Yephanchins have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ganja, after Nastassya gives up Rogozhin's money?
2. What is the General's opinion of Rogozhin?
3. What do Rogozhin and Myshkin exchange with each other?
4. What is the General's plan for his daughter Aglaya?
5. What happens to Ganja's father while Myshkin is away?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)