|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death does Yephanchin tell a story about?
(a) His landlady.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His schoolteacher.
2. Has Nastassya met Ganja's family before her arrival on Myshkin's first night there?
(a) Yes, she has met them once.
(b) Yes, she has met them numerous times.
(c) No, and the family leaves before Nastassya arrives.
(d) No, it is their first meeting.
3. Does Nastassya accept Myshkin's proposal?
(a) No, she accepts no one's proposal.
(b) Yes, and she leaves with him.
(c) No, she accepts Rogozhin immediately.
(d) Yes, but then she almost immediately leavs with Rogozhin.
4. What gift did the General buy Nastassya Filoppovna?
(a) A saphire bracelet.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) Pearl earrings.
(d) A ruby ring.
5. What is the General's opinion of Rogozhin?
(a) The General is jealous of him.
(b) The General dislikes him.
(c) The General admires him.
(d) The General doesn't know him.
6. Where does Myshkin go to claim his inheritance?
7. What does Ganja ask Aglaya to do?
(a) Arrange a marriage for her sister.
(b) Prevent her mother from learning what her father is doing.
(c) Save him from marrying Nastassya.
(d) Run away to marry Myshkin.
8. What does Rogozhin do after attempting to kill Myshkin?
(a) He runs out in front of a carriage.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He stays with Myshkin to wait for help.
(d) He gets Myshkin to a hospital.
9. What does Aglaya ask Myshkin to do?
(a) Take her for a carriage ride.
(b) Give her a lock of hair.
(c) Give her a photograph.
(d) Write in her album.
10. What is Totsky's story about?
(a) Stealing a woman's affections.
(b) Seducing an older woman for money.
(c) Sending a false letter to a woman's husband.
(d) Blackmailing a priest.
11. Who is home when Myshkin visits the Yephanchins' house, after leaving Rogozhin?
(a) General Yephanchin.
(c) Madam Yephanchin.
(d) No one.
12. How do the party guests decide what order to play the game?
(a) They draw names from a hat.
(b) They volunteer to go next.
(c) They go around the table clockwise.
(d) They go in alphabetical order according to name.
13. What mistake does Myshkin make when he leaves Rogozhin?
(a) He goes the wrong way.
(b) He gets into the wrong carriage.
(c) He forgest he's leaving and comes back.
(d) He forgets to open the door.
14. What story does Ganja's father tell?
(a) A story about Ganja's birth under an auspicious sign.
(b) A story about a glorious victory in battle.
(c) A story about the beginning of a rift with the Yephanchin family.
(d) A story about meeting Ganja's mother.
15. When the Yephachin women ask what Myshkin thinks of them, who does he avoid commenting on?
(d) Madam Yephachin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferdyshchenko suggest making Myshkin do, as punishment for poor behavior?
2. What is Myshkin's explanation for why Nastassya left Rogozhin?
3. What is the General's plan for his daughter Aglaya?
4. Who does Nastassya expect to try to get the money?
5. Who goes first in the game?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)