|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finally brings Myshkin to Nastassya's house?
2. What does Prince Myshkin smoke?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A hooka.
3. Who is Prince Myshkin traveling to meet?
(a) Nastassya Flippovna.
(d) Madame Yephanchin.
4. Where does Myshkin plan to live?
(a) He arranges to stay with Rogozhin permanently.
(b) He arranges to rent Lebedyev's house in Palovsk.
(c) He arranges to buy a house next to Ganja's.
(d) He arranges to live with the Yephanchins.
5. What reason does Ganja give for wanting Myshkin as a friend?
(a) That he wants to keep an eye on Myshkin, who he doesn't trust.
(b) That Myshkin is fun to listen to.
(c) That he needs someone like Myshkin to believe in his goodness.
(d) That scoundrels need honest men.
6. What does General Ivolgin do, after promising to bring Myshkin to see Nastassya?
(a) He brings Myshkin down a blind alley and robs him.
(b) He gets Myshkin arrested.
(c) He gets drunk and misleads Myshkin.
(d) He takes up Myshkin's time with long stories, then falls asleep.
7. Who does the General offer Totsky to marry?
(a) His daugher Alexandra.
(b) His daughter Adelaida.
(c) His daughter Aglaya.
(d) Nastassya Filippovna.
8. What is Rogozhin's house like?
(a) Large and gloomy.
(b) Small and bright.
(c) Large and bright.
(d) Small and gloomy.
9. What do Rogozhin and Myshkin exchange with each other?
(a) Silver and gold crosses.
(c) Silver and gold cufflinks.
(d) Walking sticks.
10. What does Aglaya ask Myshkin to do?
(a) Take her for a carriage ride.
(b) Write in her album.
(c) Give her a photograph.
(d) Give her a lock of hair.
11. What does Rogozhin say his reason is for traveling to Russia?
(a) To collect an inheritance.
(b) To find a lost relative.
(c) To take over a business.
(d) To be married.
12. Where does Rogozhin invite Prince Myshkin?
(a) To a formal ball.
(b) To a state dinner.
(c) To meet Nastassya Flippovna.
(d) To his father's funeral service.
13. What does Nastassya do with Rogozhin's money?
(a) She throws it in the fire.
(b) She throws it into the street.
(c) She tears it up.
(d) She gives it to Myshkin.
14. Who does Madam Yephanchin want to talk to as soon as she sees the photo of Nastassya?
(b) Her husband.
15. Who does the General find a picture of?
(b) Prince Myshkin.
(c) Nastassya Flippovna.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Myshkin think of the picture of Nastassya Filippovna?
2. Who is at the door at Ganja's home, when Myshkin answers it?
3. How does Myshkin react when Ganja calls him an idiot?
4. Who gets fired in Ferdyshchenko's story?
5. Who does the General suggest should marry Nastassya Filippovna?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)