|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Myshkin try to visit at the Scales hotel?
2. What do some guests at the party criticize Myshkin for?
(a) Inviting himself.
(b) Coming without a partner.
(c) Arriving late.
(d) Arriving early.
3. What does Aglaya ask Myshkin to do?
(a) Take her for a carriage ride.
(b) Write in her album.
(c) Give her a photograph.
(d) Give her a lock of hair.
4. What does Ganja think of Myshkin, after he's gotten to know him?
(a) Ganja thinks Myshkin is thoughtful.
(b) Ganja thinks Myshkin is conniving.
(c) Ganja thinks Myshkin is self-destructive.
(d) Ganja thinks Myshkin is selfish.
5. Who does the General suggest that Prince Myshkin stay with?
(b) The Yephanchins.
(d) Nastassya Filippovna.
6. Where does Myshkin plan to live?
(a) He arranges to buy a house next to Ganja's.
(b) He arranges to rent Lebedyev's house in Palovsk.
(c) He arranges to stay with Rogozhin permanently.
(d) He arranges to live with the Yephanchins.
7. What game does Nastassya suggest to the men?
(a) Describing secrets about the women.
(b) Describing the worst thing someone's done to them.
(c) Describing the worst thing they've ever done.
(d) Describing embarrasing information about themselves.
8. What is Rogozhin's house like?
(a) Large and gloomy.
(b) Small and bright.
(c) Large and bright.
(d) Small and gloomy.
9. What does General Ivolgin do, after promising to bring Myshkin to see Nastassya?
(a) He gets Myshkin arrested.
(b) He gets drunk and misleads Myshkin.
(c) He takes up Myshkin's time with long stories, then falls asleep.
(d) He brings Myshkin down a blind alley and robs him.
10. What is the General's plan for his daughter Aglaya?
(a) He plans her to be educated as an artist.
(b) He plans her to be sent to a convent.
(c) He plans her to marry a rich man.
(d) He plans her to be educated as a teacher.
11. What does Rogozhin's mother do to Myshkin?
(a) She orders him to take her away from Rogozhin.
(b) She orders him out of the house.
(c) She blesses him.
(d) She curses him.
12. Who does the visitor mistake Myshkin for?
(a) A tradesman selling kitchenware.
(b) A man courting Ganja's sister.
(c) A footman.
(d) A relative of Ganja's.
13. Whose death does Yephanchin tell a story about?
(a) His landlady.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His schoolteacher.
14. Has Nastassya met Ganja's family before her arrival on Myshkin's first night there?
(a) No, and the family leaves before Nastassya arrives.
(b) No, it is their first meeting.
(c) Yes, she has met them numerous times.
(d) Yes, she has met them once.
15. What does Rogozhin say his reason is for traveling to Russia?
(a) To find a lost relative.
(b) To be married.
(c) To collect an inheritance.
(d) To take over a business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift did the General buy Nastassya Filoppovna?
2. What does Myshkin think of the picture of Nastassya Filippovna?
3. What do Ganja and his family argue about?
4. What mistake does Myshkin make when he leaves Rogozhin?
5. What story does Ganja's father tell?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)