|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lebedev react when Rogozhin tells who he is?
2. What is General Yephanchin's initial response to the Prince's request for help?
(a) He immediately offers the Prince temporary room and board.
(b) He says at first that he can't help the Prince.
(c) He immediately offers the Prince a job.
(d) He immediately offers the Prince room and board for as long as he needs it.
3. What does Myshkin learn about Nastassya's engagement to Rogozhin?
(a) Nastassya is rumored to have run off with Rogozhin without marrying him.
(b) Nastassya is rumored to have left Rogozhin on their wedding day.
(c) Nastassya is rumored to have married Rogozhin and then left him a week later.
(d) Nastassya is rumored to have married Rogozhin and left the country with him.
4. Where does Myshkin go to claim his inheritance?
5. What does Aglaya ask Myshkin to read?
(a) A letter from Ganja.
(b) Her diary.
(c) An article in the paper.
(d) A poem from a book in the library.
6. Who gives Aglaya a letter from Myshkin?
7. What do Ganja and his family argue about?
(a) Ganja's plans to move to a new home.
(b) Ganja's job working for General Yephanchin.
(c) Ganja's plans to marry Nastassya.
(d) Ganja bringing Myshkin home with him.
8. What does Myshkin think of the picture of Nastassya Filippovna?
(a) He thinks she looks beautiful and happy.
(b) He thinks she looks beautiful but tragic.
(c) He thinks she looks unpleasant but happy.
(d) He thinks she looks unpleasant and sad.
9. How did the General's wife react to his gift to Nastassya Filoppovna?
(a) She was upset.
(b) She didn't care.
(c) She was happy.
(d) She never found out about it.
10. Who does Nastassya expect to try to get the money?
11. What does Madam Yephanchin think her husband is doing behind her back?
(a) Arranging marriages.
(b) Starting a business.
(c) Buying property.
(d) Arranging a trip.
12. How much money is Myshkin about to inherit?
(a) 100,000,000 roubles.
(b) 10,000,000 roubles.
(c) 70,000,000 roubles.
(d) 50,000,000 roubles.
13. How does Madame Yephanchin react to Myshkin?
(a) She likes him immediately.
(b) She dislikes him immediately.
(c) She distrusts him on sight.
(d) She is annoyed by him.
14. What does Ganja do when Madam Yephanchin confronts him about what she suspects her husband is doing behind her back?
(a) He denies any knowledge of it.
(b) He says that he shares her suspicions but doesn't know for a fact it's true.
(c) He promises to search her husband's papers for any evidence.
(d) He admits that she is right.
15. What does General Ivolgin do, after promising to bring Myshkin to see Nastassya?
(a) He takes up Myshkin's time with long stories, then falls asleep.
(b) He brings Myshkin down a blind alley and robs him.
(c) He gets drunk and misleads Myshkin.
(d) He gets Myshkin arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ganja, after Nastassya gives up Rogozhin's money?
2. What does Aglaya ask Myshkin to do?
3. What is Rogozhin's house like?
4. Who does the General offer Totsky to marry?
5. What happens to Ganja's father while Myshkin is away?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)