|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rogozhin invite Prince Myshkin?
(a) To meet Nastassya Flippovna.
(b) To his father's funeral service.
(c) To a formal ball.
(d) To a state dinner.
2. Does Nastassya accept Myshkin's proposal?
(a) No, she accepts no one's proposal.
(b) No, she accepts Rogozhin immediately.
(c) Yes, but then she almost immediately leavs with Rogozhin.
(d) Yes, and she leaves with him.
3. At the beginning of the first chapter, where are the men in the train traveling to?
(d) St. Petersburg.
4. What is Rogozhin's explanation for why Nastassya left him?
(a) She is too stubborn to admit that she loves Rogozhin.
(b) She is trying to make Rogozhin submit to her completely.
(c) She can't forgive what Rogozin has done to her.
(d) She is in love with Myshkin.
5. What does Nastassya do with Rogozhin's money?
(a) She throws it into the street.
(b) She tears it up.
(c) She gives it to Myshkin.
(d) She throws it in the fire.
6. What is the General's opinion of Rogozhin?
(a) The General is jealous of him.
(b) The General admires him.
(c) The General doesn't know him.
(d) The General dislikes him.
7. What reason does Ganja give for wanting Myshkin as a friend?
(a) That he needs someone like Myshkin to believe in his goodness.
(b) That scoundrels need honest men.
(c) That Myshkin is fun to listen to.
(d) That he wants to keep an eye on Myshkin, who he doesn't trust.
8. Whose death does Yephanchin tell a story about?
(a) His landlady.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His schoolteacher.
9. How does Nastassya react to Rogozhin's arrival?
(a) She is pleased with the reaction to him.
(b) She is sad to see him and pouts.
(c) She is angry at him and avoids him.
(d) She is bored by him.
10. What does Ferdyshchenko suggest making Myshkin do, as punishment for poor behavior?
(a) Dance for the group.
(b) Sing a song.
(c) Play charades.
(d) Play the piano.
11. What is Rogozhin's house like?
(a) Small and bright.
(b) Large and bright.
(c) Large and gloomy.
(d) Small and gloomy.
12. Who does Nastassya expect to try to get the money?
13. How long ago did Totsky take in Nastassya as his ward?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Eighteen years.
(c) Twenty-four years.
(d) Twelve years.
14. How many daughters do the Yephanchins have?
15. What does Madam Yephanchin think her husband is doing behind her back?
(a) Starting a business.
(b) Arranging a trip.
(c) Arranging marriages.
(d) Buying property.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Rogozhin offer for Nastassya's hand in marriage?
2. Whose house does Myshkin go to when he first arrives back in St. Petersburg?
3. Where does Myshkin plan to live?
4. What state is Rogozhin in when he visits Ganja's house on Myshkin's first night there?
5. Who finally brings Myshkin to Nastassya's house?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)