|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did General Yephanchin make his reputation and fortune?
(a) Through an invention.
(b) As a military leader.
(c) By gambling.
(d) By shareholding.
2. Who does the General offer Totsky to marry?
(a) His daughter Aglaya.
(b) His daughter Adelaida.
(c) Nastassya Filippovna.
(d) His daugher Alexandra.
3. What does Ganja think of Myshkin, after he's gotten to know him?
(a) Ganja thinks Myshkin is thoughtful.
(b) Ganja thinks Myshkin is selfish.
(c) Ganja thinks Myshkin is self-destructive.
(d) Ganja thinks Myshkin is conniving.
4. What does Madam Yephachin tell Myshkin to get for her?
(a) Nastassya Filippovna's photograph.
(b) The tea service from the kitchen.
(c) Her husband's accounting book.
(d) A jewel case from her bedroom.
5. What does Ganja's father throw out a window in the story?
(a) A woman.
(b) An ashtray.
(c) A dog.
(d) A hat.
6. What does Myshkin threaten to do, after Ganja calls him an idiot?
(a) Fight Ganja in a duel of honor.
(b) Reveal what he's been doing to Madam Yephanchin.
(c) Pay for his own lodgings elsewhere.
(d) Tell General Yephanchin what Ganja has said.
7. What is the General's opinion of Rogozhin?
(a) The General admires him.
(b) The General is jealous of him.
(c) The General doesn't know him.
(d) The General dislikes him.
8. What do Rogozhin and Myshkin exchange with each other?
(a) Silver and gold crosses.
(b) Walking sticks.
(d) Silver and gold cufflinks.
9. Has Nastassya met Ganja's family before her arrival on Myshkin's first night there?
(a) No, it is their first meeting.
(b) Yes, she has met them once.
(c) Yes, she has met them numerous times.
(d) No, and the family leaves before Nastassya arrives.
10. Who gives Aglaya a letter from Myshkin?
11. Who gets fired in Ferdyshchenko's story?
(b) A servant.
(c) Ferdyshchenko's brother.
(d) A clerk at a shop.
12. Who does the visitor mistake Myshkin for?
(a) A footman.
(b) A relative of Ganja's.
(c) A tradesman selling kitchenware.
(d) A man courting Ganja's sister.
13. What does Ganja do when Madam Yephanchin confronts him about what she suspects her husband is doing behind her back?
(a) He denies any knowledge of it.
(b) He promises to search her husband's papers for any evidence.
(c) He admits that she is right.
(d) He says that he shares her suspicions but doesn't know for a fact it's true.
14. What mistake does Myshkin make when he leaves Rogozhin?
(a) He forgest he's leaving and comes back.
(b) He gets into the wrong carriage.
(c) He goes the wrong way.
(d) He forgets to open the door.
15. What is Myshkin's reaction to Rogozhin's marriage proposal?
(a) Myshkin encourages Nastassya to marry Rogozhin.
(b) Myshkin also proposes to Nastassya.
(c) Myshkin warns Nastassya against Rogozhin.
(d) Myshkin says he doesn't care if Nastassya marries Rogozhin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the General find a picture of?
2. How many daughters do the Yephanchins have?
3. How does Nastassya react to Rogozhin's arrival?
4. Where does Rogozhin suggest that Myshkin should stay, after the fight with Ganja?
5. What does Rogozhin's mother do to Myshkin?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)