|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Myshkin learn about Nastassya's engagement to Rogozhin?
(a) Nastassya is rumored to have married Rogozhin and left the country with him.
(b) Nastassya is rumored to have run off with Rogozhin without marrying him.
(c) Nastassya is rumored to have married Rogozhin and then left him a week later.
(d) Nastassya is rumored to have left Rogozhin on their wedding day.
2. How many daughters do the Yephanchins have?
3. Whose house does Myshkin go to when he first arrives back in St. Petersburg?
(a) The Yephanchins' house.
(b) Rogozhin's house.
(c) Lebedev's house.
(d) Ganja's house.
4. What does Rogozhin say his reason is for traveling to Russia?
(a) To collect an inheritance.
(b) To be married.
(c) To find a lost relative.
(d) To take over a business.
5. How does the General describe the Prince to his wife?
(a) As a pleasant, interesting man.
(b) As a very ill and incapacitated man.
(c) As a very strange, unnatural man.
(d) As a happy-go-lucky, carefree man.
6. Where does Myshkin go to claim his inheritance?
7. Whose death does Yephanchin tell a story about?
(a) His schoolteacher.
(b) His landlady.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
8. Who does Madam Yephanchin want to talk to as soon as she sees the photo of Nastassya?
(c) Her husband.
9. What do Rogozhin and Myshkin exchange with each other?
(b) Silver and gold cufflinks.
(c) Walking sticks.
(d) Silver and gold crosses.
10. What does Nastassya do with Rogozhin's money?
(a) She gives it to Myshkin.
(b) She throws it in the fire.
(c) She tears it up.
(d) She throws it into the street.
11. Who is Prince Myshkin traveling to meet?
(c) Madame Yephanchin.
(d) Nastassya Flippovna.
12. What skill does the Prince tell the General that he has?
(a) Architectural drafting.
13. Who finally brings Myshkin to Nastassya's house?
14. What game does Nastassya suggest to the men?
(a) Describing the worst thing someone's done to them.
(b) Describing the worst thing they've ever done.
(c) Describing embarrasing information about themselves.
(d) Describing secrets about the women.
15. Who does Ganja ask Myshkin to deliver a secret letter to?
(b) General Yephachin.
(c) Madam Yephachin.
(d) Nastassya Filippovna.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Myshkin away from St. Petersburg?
2. What happens to Ganja, after Nastassya gives up Rogozhin's money?
3. Who does the General find a picture of?
4. What does Rogozhin's mother do to Myshkin?
5. What does Myshkin think of the picture of Nastassya Filippovna?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)