|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Aglaya a letter from Myshkin?
2. How long is Myshkin away from St. Petersburg?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
3. What gift did the General buy Nastassya Filoppovna?
(a) A saphire bracelet.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) A ruby ring.
(d) Pearl earrings.
4. Whose house does Myshkin go to when he first arrives back in St. Petersburg?
(a) The Yephanchins' house.
(b) Ganja's house.
(c) Rogozhin's house.
(d) Lebedev's house.
5. Who gets fired in Ferdyshchenko's story?
(a) A servant.
(b) Ferdyshchenko's brother.
(c) A clerk at a shop.
6. How does Myshkin react when Ganja calls him an idiot?
7. How does Lebedev react when Rogozhin tells who he is?
8. What do Ganja and his family argue about?
(a) Ganja's plans to move to a new home.
(b) Ganja's job working for General Yephanchin.
(c) Ganja bringing Myshkin home with him.
(d) Ganja's plans to marry Nastassya.
9. Who does Myshkin try to visit at the Scales hotel?
10. Where does Rogozhin invite Prince Myshkin?
(a) To meet Nastassya Flippovna.
(b) To a state dinner.
(c) To his father's funeral service.
(d) To a formal ball.
11. What does Myshkin learn about Nastassya's engagement to Rogozhin?
(a) Nastassya is rumored to have left Rogozhin on their wedding day.
(b) Nastassya is rumored to have married Rogozhin and left the country with him.
(c) Nastassya is rumored to have run off with Rogozhin without marrying him.
(d) Nastassya is rumored to have married Rogozhin and then left him a week later.
12. Where does Rogozhin suggest that Myshkin should stay, after the fight with Ganja?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) With Rogozhin.
(c) At a hospital.
(d) With the Yephanchins.
13. Does Nastassya accept Myshkin's proposal?
(a) Yes, but then she almost immediately leavs with Rogozhin.
(b) No, she accepts Rogozhin immediately.
(c) Yes, and she leaves with him.
(d) No, she accepts no one's proposal.
14. How many daughters do the Yephanchins have?
15. How does the party react to Ferdyshchenko's story?
(a) They are upset.
(b) They are mildly amused.
(c) They sympathize with Ferdyshchenko.
(d) They think it's hilarious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rogozhin's house like?
2. What skill does the Prince tell the General that he has?
3. What is Myshkin's explanation for why Nastassya left Rogozhin?
4. Who does the General suggest should marry Nastassya Filippovna?
5. Who is home when Myshkin visits the Yephanchins' house, after leaving Rogozhin?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)