Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the General find a picture of?
(b) Nastassya Flippovna.
(c) Prince Myshkin.
2. Who does Myshkin try to visit at the Scales hotel?
3. Who does Madam Yephanchin want to talk to as soon as she sees the photo of Nastassya?
(b) Her husband.
4. Who runs after Nastassya and Rogozhin when they leave?
5. What story does Ganja's father tell?
(a) A story about Ganja's birth under an auspicious sign.
(b) A story about a glorious victory in battle.
(c) A story about meeting Ganja's mother.
(d) A story about the beginning of a rift with the Yephanchin family.
6. How does the General describe the Prince to his wife?
(a) As a very ill and incapacitated man.
(b) As a very strange, unnatural man.
(c) As a pleasant, interesting man.
(d) As a happy-go-lucky, carefree man.
7. Where does Ganja live?
(a) In his family's boarding house.
(b) In a cottage on a large estate.
(c) Alone in a small house.
(d) In a room in an old woman's house.
8. Where does Myshkin plan to live?
(a) He arranges to live with the Yephanchins.
(b) He arranges to rent Lebedyev's house in Palovsk.
(c) He arranges to stay with Rogozhin permanently.
(d) He arranges to buy a house next to Ganja's.
9. What is Rogozhin's house like?
(a) Small and bright.
(b) Large and gloomy.
(c) Small and gloomy.
(d) Large and bright.
10. Whose death does Yephanchin tell a story about?
(a) His schoolteacher.
(b) His landlady.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
11. Who is at the door at Ganja's home, when Myshkin answers it?
(a) Madam Yephanchin.
(b) General Yephanchin.
(d) Nastassya Flippovna.
12. Who does the visitor mistake Myshkin for?
(a) A man courting Ganja's sister.
(b) A footman.
(c) A tradesman selling kitchenware.
(d) A relative of Ganja's.
13. How did the General's wife react to his gift to Nastassya Filoppovna?
(a) She was upset.
(b) She never found out about it.
(c) She didn't care.
(d) She was happy.
14. What is Myshkin's explanation for why Nastassya left Rogozhin?
(a) She is secretly in love with someone else.
(b) She can't abide the idea of marrying anyone.
(c) She can't deal with Rogozhin's paranoia.
(d) She wants more money than Rogozhin can give her.
15. Who is home when Myshkin visits the Yephanchins' house, after leaving Rogozhin?
(a) Madam Yephanchin.
(b) No one.
(c) General Yephanchin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Myshkin react when Ganja calls him an idiot?
2. How do the party guests decide what order to play the game?
3. How does Madame Yephanchin react to Myshkin?
4. What illness does Prince Myshkin suffer from?
5. What does Ganja think of Myshkin, after he's gotten to know him?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)