|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nastassya react to Rogozhin's arrival?
(a) She is pleased with the reaction to him.
(b) She is angry at him and avoids him.
(c) She is sad to see him and pouts.
(d) She is bored by him.
2. How do the party guests decide what order to play the game?
(a) They go around the table clockwise.
(b) They draw names from a hat.
(c) They go in alphabetical order according to name.
(d) They volunteer to go next.
3. Who is home when Myshkin visits the Yephanchins' house, after leaving Rogozhin?
(b) No one.
(c) Madam Yephanchin.
(d) General Yephanchin.
4. What does Rogozhin do after attempting to kill Myshkin?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He stays with Myshkin to wait for help.
(c) He runs out in front of a carriage.
(d) He gets Myshkin to a hospital.
5. Who is Prince Myshkin traveling to meet?
(a) Nastassya Flippovna.
(c) Madame Yephanchin.
6. What does Nastassya do with Rogozhin's money?
(a) She throws it into the street.
(b) She throws it in the fire.
(c) She gives it to Myshkin.
(d) She tears it up.
7. How long is Myshkin away from St. Petersburg?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
8. What do Ganja and his family argue about?
(a) Ganja bringing Myshkin home with him.
(b) Ganja's job working for General Yephanchin.
(c) Ganja's plans to move to a new home.
(d) Ganja's plans to marry Nastassya.
9. How did General Yephanchin make his reputation and fortune?
(a) By gambling.
(b) As a military leader.
(c) By shareholding.
(d) Through an invention.
10. What do Rogozhin and Myshkin exchange with each other?
(a) Silver and gold crosses.
(b) Silver and gold cufflinks.
(d) Walking sticks.
11. Has Nastassya met Ganja's family before her arrival on Myshkin's first night there?
(a) No, it is their first meeting.
(b) Yes, she has met them once.
(c) Yes, she has met them numerous times.
(d) No, and the family leaves before Nastassya arrives.
12. In what country was the hospital located where Prince Myshkin stayed?
13. How does Lebedev react when Rogozhin tells who he is?
14. How many daughters do the Yephanchins have?
15. What does Aglaya ask Myshkin to do?
(a) Give her a lock of hair.
(b) Write in her album.
(c) Give her a photograph.
(d) Take her for a carriage ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rogozhin's mother do to Myshkin?
2. How does Myshkin react when Ganja calls him an idiot?
3. What happens to Ganja's father while Myshkin is away?
4. What does Myshkin pick up without thinking about it, while he is talking to Rogozhin?
5. What is General Yephanchin's initial response to the Prince's request for help?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)