|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rogozhin invite Prince Myshkin?
(a) To a state dinner.
(b) To a formal ball.
(c) To his father's funeral service.
(d) To meet Nastassya Flippovna.
2. What does Nastassya say about Myshkin after his proposal?
(a) She says he is an idiot.
(b) She says at least he is a rich idiot.
(c) She says he only pretends to be an idiot.
(d) She says he is not an idiot afterall.
3. Who does the visitor mistake Myshkin for?
(a) A man courting Ganja's sister.
(b) A footman.
(c) A tradesman selling kitchenware.
(d) A relative of Ganja's.
4. What does Rogozhin's mother do to Myshkin?
(a) She curses him.
(b) She orders him out of the house.
(c) She orders him to take her away from Rogozhin.
(d) She blesses him.
5. Where does Myshkin plan to live?
(a) He arranges to live with the Yephanchins.
(b) He arranges to rent Lebedyev's house in Palovsk.
(c) He arranges to buy a house next to Ganja's.
(d) He arranges to stay with Rogozhin permanently.
6. At the beginning of the first chapter, where are the men in the train traveling to?
(d) St. Petersburg.
7. What game does Nastassya suggest to the men?
(a) Describing the worst thing they've ever done.
(b) Describing embarrasing information about themselves.
(c) Describing secrets about the women.
(d) Describing the worst thing someone's done to them.
8. What story does Ganja's father tell?
(a) A story about Ganja's birth under an auspicious sign.
(b) A story about a glorious victory in battle.
(c) A story about the beginning of a rift with the Yephanchin family.
(d) A story about meeting Ganja's mother.
9. How does the General describe the Prince to his wife?
(a) As a happy-go-lucky, carefree man.
(b) As a very ill and incapacitated man.
(c) As a pleasant, interesting man.
(d) As a very strange, unnatural man.
10. How does the party react to Ferdyshchenko's story?
(a) They are mildly amused.
(b) They sympathize with Ferdyshchenko.
(c) They think it's hilarious.
(d) They are upset.
11. How does the party in general react to Rogozhin's arrival?
(a) People avoid Rogozhin from embarrassment.
(b) The party is disgusted but interested in him.
(c) The party is happy to see him.
(d) People make fun of Rogozhin for entertainment.
12. What do Rogozhin and Myshkin exchange with each other?
(b) Silver and gold cufflinks.
(c) Walking sticks.
(d) Silver and gold crosses.
13. When the Yephachin women ask what Myshkin thinks of them, who does he avoid commenting on?
(d) Madam Yephachin.
14. How do the party guests decide what order to play the game?
(a) They go in alphabetical order according to name.
(b) They volunteer to go next.
(c) They go around the table clockwise.
(d) They draw names from a hat.
15. What does Ganja ask Aglaya to do?
(a) Save him from marrying Nastassya.
(b) Arrange a marriage for her sister.
(c) Run away to marry Myshkin.
(d) Prevent her mother from learning what her father is doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift did the General buy Nastassya Filoppovna?
2. What does Nastassya use to retrieve the money?
3. How much money is Myshkin about to inherit?
4. How many daughters do the Yephanchins have?
5. What skill does the Prince tell the General that he has?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)