|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets fired in Ferdyshchenko's story?
(b) A clerk at a shop.
(c) A servant.
(d) Ferdyshchenko's brother.
2. What illness does Prince Myshkin suffer from?
3. How much money is Myshkin about to inherit?
(a) 10,000,000 roubles.
(b) 100,000,000 roubles.
(c) 50,000,000 roubles.
(d) 70,000,000 roubles.
4. What is Myshkin's reaction to Rogozhin's marriage proposal?
(a) Myshkin says he doesn't care if Nastassya marries Rogozhin.
(b) Myshkin warns Nastassya against Rogozhin.
(c) Myshkin also proposes to Nastassya.
(d) Myshkin encourages Nastassya to marry Rogozhin.
5. Who gives Aglaya a letter from Myshkin?
6. What is Myshkin's explanation for why Nastassya left Rogozhin?
(a) She can't abide the idea of marrying anyone.
(b) She is secretly in love with someone else.
(c) She can't deal with Rogozhin's paranoia.
(d) She wants more money than Rogozhin can give her.
7. What does Myshkin learn about Nastassya's engagement to Rogozhin?
(a) Nastassya is rumored to have married Rogozhin and then left him a week later.
(b) Nastassya is rumored to have left Rogozhin on their wedding day.
(c) Nastassya is rumored to have married Rogozhin and left the country with him.
(d) Nastassya is rumored to have run off with Rogozhin without marrying him.
8. Who is home when Myshkin visits the Yephanchins' house, after leaving Rogozhin?
(a) Madam Yephanchin.
(b) General Yephanchin.
(d) No one.
9. Who does Ganja ask Myshkin to deliver a secret letter to?
(a) Madam Yephachin.
(c) Nastassya Filippovna.
(d) General Yephachin.
10. How did the General's wife react to his gift to Nastassya Filoppovna?
(a) She didn't care.
(b) She was happy.
(c) She never found out about it.
(d) She was upset.
11. What does Rogozhin do after attempting to kill Myshkin?
(a) He runs out in front of a carriage.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He gets Myshkin to a hospital.
(d) He stays with Myshkin to wait for help.
12. How much money does Rogozhin offer for Nastassya's hand in marriage?
(a) 500,000 roubles.
(b) 100,000 roubles.
(c) 250,000 roubles.
(d) 50,000 roubles.
13. Who does the visitor mistake Myshkin for?
(a) A footman.
(b) A tradesman selling kitchenware.
(c) A relative of Ganja's.
(d) A man courting Ganja's sister.
14. How do the party guests decide what order to play the game?
(a) They go in alphabetical order according to name.
(b) They go around the table clockwise.
(c) They draw names from a hat.
(d) They volunteer to go next.
15. Who does Madam Yephanchin want to talk to as soon as she sees the photo of Nastassya?
(a) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ganja ask Aglaya to do?
2. What does Aglaya ask Myshkin to do?
3. How does Madame Yephanchin react to Myshkin?
4. Who goes first in the game?
5. How does the party react to Ferdyshchenko's story?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)