|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Totsky's story about?
(a) Sending a false letter to a woman's husband.
(b) Seducing an older woman for money.
(c) Stealing a woman's affections.
(d) Blackmailing a priest.
2. What skill does the Prince tell the General that he has?
(d) Architectural drafting.
3. What does Aglaya ask Myshkin to do?
(a) Give her a photograph.
(b) Give her a lock of hair.
(c) Take her for a carriage ride.
(d) Write in her album.
4. How many daughters do the Yephanchins have?
5. What is Myshkin's reaction to Rogozhin's marriage proposal?
(a) Myshkin says he doesn't care if Nastassya marries Rogozhin.
(b) Myshkin also proposes to Nastassya.
(c) Myshkin warns Nastassya against Rogozhin.
(d) Myshkin encourages Nastassya to marry Rogozhin.
6. Who goes first in the game?
7. What game does Nastassya suggest to the men?
(a) Describing the worst thing they've ever done.
(b) Describing embarrasing information about themselves.
(c) Describing the worst thing someone's done to them.
(d) Describing secrets about the women.
8. What does Myshkin learn about Nastassya's engagement to Rogozhin?
(a) Nastassya is rumored to have married Rogozhin and then left him a week later.
(b) Nastassya is rumored to have left Rogozhin on their wedding day.
(c) Nastassya is rumored to have run off with Rogozhin without marrying him.
(d) Nastassya is rumored to have married Rogozhin and left the country with him.
9. How does Nastassya react to Rogozhin's arrival?
(a) She is sad to see him and pouts.
(b) She is pleased with the reaction to him.
(c) She is angry at him and avoids him.
(d) She is bored by him.
10. Who gives Aglaya a letter from Myshkin?
11. What does Madam Yephachin tell Myshkin to get for her?
(a) Nastassya Filippovna's photograph.
(b) Her husband's accounting book.
(c) A jewel case from her bedroom.
(d) The tea service from the kitchen.
12. Who finally brings Myshkin to Nastassya's house?
13. Who does Myshkin think is following him?
14. What mistake does Myshkin make when he leaves Rogozhin?
(a) He forgest he's leaving and comes back.
(b) He goes the wrong way.
(c) He forgets to open the door.
(d) He gets into the wrong carriage.
15. How does the party in general react to Rogozhin's arrival?
(a) People avoid Rogozhin from embarrassment.
(b) The party is disgusted but interested in him.
(c) The party is happy to see him.
(d) People make fun of Rogozhin for entertainment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aglaya ask Myshkin to read?
2. What does Rogozhin do after attempting to kill Myshkin?
3. Who does Madam Yephanchin want to talk to as soon as she sees the photo of Nastassya?
4. What state is Rogozhin in when he visits Ganja's house on Myshkin's first night there?
5. What does Ganja do when Madam Yephanchin confronts him about what she suspects her husband is doing behind her back?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)