|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Nastassya accept Myshkin's proposal?
(a) Yes, but then she almost immediately leavs with Rogozhin.
(b) No, she accepts no one's proposal.
(c) No, she accepts Rogozhin immediately.
(d) Yes, and she leaves with him.
2. What do some guests at the party criticize Myshkin for?
(a) Coming without a partner.
(b) Arriving early.
(c) Inviting himself.
(d) Arriving late.
3. How much money does Rogozhin offer for Nastassya's hand in marriage?
(a) 50,000 roubles.
(b) 500,000 roubles.
(c) 100,000 roubles.
(d) 250,000 roubles.
4. What does Ganja do when Madam Yephanchin confronts him about what she suspects her husband is doing behind her back?
(a) He admits that she is right.
(b) He promises to search her husband's papers for any evidence.
(c) He denies any knowledge of it.
(d) He says that he shares her suspicions but doesn't know for a fact it's true.
5. Has Nastassya met Ganja's family before her arrival on Myshkin's first night there?
(a) Yes, she has met them numerous times.
(b) No, and the family leaves before Nastassya arrives.
(c) Yes, she has met them once.
(d) No, it is their first meeting.
6. What game does Nastassya suggest to the men?
(a) Describing the worst thing they've ever done.
(b) Describing embarrasing information about themselves.
(c) Describing secrets about the women.
(d) Describing the worst thing someone's done to them.
7. What does Nastassya do with Rogozhin's money?
(a) She tears it up.
(b) She throws it in the fire.
(c) She gives it to Myshkin.
(d) She throws it into the street.
8. What reason does Ganja give for wanting Myshkin as a friend?
(a) That he wants to keep an eye on Myshkin, who he doesn't trust.
(b) That he needs someone like Myshkin to believe in his goodness.
(c) That scoundrels need honest men.
(d) That Myshkin is fun to listen to.
9. Where does Ganja live?
(a) In a cottage on a large estate.
(b) In his family's boarding house.
(c) Alone in a small house.
(d) In a room in an old woman's house.
10. What does General Ivolgin do, after promising to bring Myshkin to see Nastassya?
(a) He takes up Myshkin's time with long stories, then falls asleep.
(b) He brings Myshkin down a blind alley and robs him.
(c) He gets Myshkin arrested.
(d) He gets drunk and misleads Myshkin.
11. What is General Yephanchin's initial response to the Prince's request for help?
(a) He says at first that he can't help the Prince.
(b) He immediately offers the Prince room and board for as long as he needs it.
(c) He immediately offers the Prince a job.
(d) He immediately offers the Prince temporary room and board.
12. What skill does the Prince tell the General that he has?
(a) Architectural drafting.
13. Who does the General suggest that Prince Myshkin stay with?
(b) The Yephanchins.
(d) Nastassya Filippovna.
14. What story does Ganja's father tell?
(a) A story about meeting Ganja's mother.
(b) A story about a glorious victory in battle.
(c) A story about Ganja's birth under an auspicious sign.
(d) A story about the beginning of a rift with the Yephanchin family.
15. Who does Madam Yephanchin want to talk to as soon as she sees the photo of Nastassya?
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ganja's father while Myshkin is away?
2. What illness does Prince Myshkin suffer from?
3. How does the party in general react to Rogozhin's arrival?
4. What is Myshkin's reaction to Rogozhin's marriage proposal?
5. What do Rogozhin and Myshkin exchange with each other?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)