Short Answer Key
Part 1 Ch. I-V
1. At the beginning of the first chapter, where are the men in the train traveling to?
2. In what country was the hospital located where Prince Myshkin stayed?
3. What illness does Prince Myshkin suffer from?
4. Who is Prince Myshkin traveling to meet?
5. What does Rogozhin say his reason is for traveling to Russia?
To collect an inheritance.
6. How does Lebedev react when Rogozhin tells who he is?
7. Where does Rogozhin invite Prince Myshkin?
To meet Nastassya Flippovna.
8. How did General Yephanchin make his reputation and fortune?
9. How many daughters do the Yephanchins have?
10. What does Prince Myshkin smoke?
11. What is General Yephanchin's initial response to the Prince's request for help?
He says at first that he can't help the Prince.
This section contains 2,407 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)