|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapters XI-XVI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Has Nastassya met Ganja's family before her arrival on Myshkin's first night there?
(a) Yes, she has met them once.
(b) No, and the family leaves before Nastassya arrives.
(c) No, it is their first meeting.
(d) Yes, she has met them numerous times.
2. What does Ganja's father throw out a window in the story?
(a) A woman.
(b) An ashtray.
(c) A dog.
(d) A hat.
3. What story does Ganja's father tell?
(a) A story about a glorious victory in battle.
(b) A story about Ganja's birth under an auspicious sign.
(c) A story about the beginning of a rift with the Yephanchin family.
(d) A story about meeting Ganja's mother.
4. What does Prince Myshkin smoke?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A hooka.
5. What does Myshkin threaten to do, after Ganja calls him an idiot?
(a) Tell General Yephanchin what Ganja has said.
(b) Pay for his own lodgings elsewhere.
(c) Reveal what he's been doing to Madam Yephanchin.
(d) Fight Ganja in a duel of honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the visitor mistake Myshkin for?
2. Who runs after Nastassya and Rogozhin when they leave?
3. Who does Ganja ask Myshkin to deliver a secret letter to?
4. Who does the General suggest that Prince Myshkin stay with?
5. What does Ferdyshchenko suggest making Myshkin do, as punishment for poor behavior?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)