|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapters XI-XVI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many daughters do the Yephanchins have?
2. What do Ganja and his family argue about?
(a) Ganja's job working for General Yephanchin.
(b) Ganja's plans to marry Nastassya.
(c) Ganja bringing Myshkin home with him.
(d) Ganja's plans to move to a new home.
3. Where does Ganja live?
(a) In a room in an old woman's house.
(b) In a cottage on a large estate.
(c) Alone in a small house.
(d) In his family's boarding house.
4. How does the party in general react to Rogozhin's arrival?
(a) People make fun of Rogozhin for entertainment.
(b) The party is happy to see him.
(c) People avoid Rogozhin from embarrassment.
(d) The party is disgusted but interested in him.
5. What does General Ivolgin do, after promising to bring Myshkin to see Nastassya?
(a) He gets drunk and misleads Myshkin.
(b) He brings Myshkin down a blind alley and robs him.
(c) He takes up Myshkin's time with long stories, then falls asleep.
(d) He gets Myshkin arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ganja's father throw out a window in the story?
2. What does Ferdyshchenko suggest making Myshkin do, as punishment for poor behavior?
3. How does Madame Yephanchin react to Myshkin?
4. Has Nastassya met Ganja's family before her arrival on Myshkin's first night there?
5. When the Yephachin women ask what Myshkin thinks of them, who does he avoid commenting on?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)