Part 1 Ch. I-V
* Myshkin, Rogozhin, and Lebedev meet on a train to St. Petersburg, and Myshkin explains about his past in hospitals due to his epilepsy.
* Myshkin arrives at Yephanchin's house and convinces the General to help him find a job and a place to live with his assistant Ganja.
* Myshkin sees a picture of the lovely Nastassya, whom he knows Rogozhin is interested in, and meets the beautiful Aglaya, the Yephanchins' youngest daughter.
* General Yephanchin tries to arrange a marriage between Nastassya and Ganja, though Yephanchin himself is attracted to her.
Part 1 Ch. VI - X
* Madam Yephanchin deduces that General Yephanchin is trying to arrange a marriage for Nastassya and is upset.
* Ganja blames Myshkin for Madam Yephanchin finding out about Nastassya, and meanwhile he sends Aglaya a letter, asking her to marry him so he doesn't need to marry Nastassya.
* Myshkin goes to Ganja's home...
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)