Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 48, what threat does Vallenar make when Glinn refuses to return Timmer to him?
2. In Chapter 84, what is happening to the life boats that causes concern to the survivors?
3. In Chapter 59, why is the box holding spare ship parts marked 40mm ordnance?
4. In Chapter 77, what does Britton see on the edge of the ice island above the Rolvaag?
5. In Chapter 60, who gets credit for keeping the cradle design simple in order to make the welding quick?
Essay Topic 1
What does McFarlane think causes the meteorite to emit electrical pulses? What is wrong with this theory? Why does Glinn trust in McFarlane's assessment of the situation? Is this a mistake? What happens when Garza's men attempt to finish the welds on the meteorite's cradle? What does McFarlane feel caused this accident? How does McFarlane learn he was wrong? What is the true cause of this unusual element in the meteorite? How does McFarlane take measures to keep this from happening again? Does it work? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What happens once the crew abandons the Rolvaag? Why were they forced to abandon ship in the first place? Where do they go? How do they expect to get rescued? What happens the following morning? What does Amira give to McFarlane? For what reason? What happens to Amira? What happens to McFarlane? What happens to Lloyd? Is this an appropriate result for Lloyd? What does McFarlane realize the meteorite was? Is this accurate information or is McFarlane mentally unbalanced because of the trauma of the ship sinking?
Essay Topic 3
What does the team discover when they expose the meteorite? What color is it? Why is this unusual? What is Amira and McFarlane's hypothesis about the color of the meteorite? What else is unusual about the meteorite? How do they discover it is much heavier than expected? What problems does this pose? Why does McFarlane want a sample of the meteorite? What happens when he tries to drill into it? How does McFarlane finally get a sample of the meteorite? What does he learn from this?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)