Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 48, what threat does Vallenar make when Glinn refuses to return Timmer to him?
2. In Chapter 84, what is happening to the life boats that causes concern to the survivors?
3. In Chapter 59, why is the box holding spare ship parts marked 40mm ordnance?
4. In Chapter 77, what does Britton see on the edge of the ice island above the Rolvaag?
5. In Chapter 60, who gets credit for keeping the cradle design simple in order to make the welding quick?
Essay Topic 1
Who is McFarlane? Why did he and Masangkay part ways? Why does Glinn think that McFarlane is unstable? Is he? Who does Glinn have watch over McFarlane during the expedition? When does McFarlane learn about this double cross? What does McFarlane do about this? Why? What is McFarlane's role on the expedition? How many times does McFarlane reassure the others that the meteorite poses no threat to the ship? Does this prove to be true? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following style elements in detail, discussing how they impact the overall plot of the novel. Cite examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following character relationships in detail:
1) McFarlane and Masangkay
2) Lloyd and McFarlane
3) Lloyd and Glinn
4) Glinn and McFarlane.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)