|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 70, what is Vallenar's greatest fear as the waves begin to take their toll on his ship?
2. In Chapter 77, what does Glinn express a desire to learn from Britton?
3. In Chapter 51, Glinn reveals that EES controls what vital component of the Rolvaag?
4. In Chapter 59, why does Vallenar request a team of six go into the water to repair the propellers?
5. In Chapter 63, who is the first person interviewed in the investigation into the discharge of the meteorite?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following relationships:
1) Glinn and Britton
2) Vallenar and Timmer
3) McFarlane and Amira
4) Lloyd and Glinn.
Essay Topic 2
How is the meteorite removed from the island? What method does Glinn's group use to lift the meteorite from the hole in the ground? How do they move the meteorite from one side of the island to the other? How do they move the meteorite from a bluff above the ship to the ship's cargo hold? Why do they decide to do this under the cover of fog? What must be done to keep the meteorite from rolling around in the cargo hold? What happens while this task is being completed? For what reason?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following character relationships in detail:
1) McFarlane and Masangkay
2) Lloyd and McFarlane
3) Lloyd and Glinn
4) Glinn and McFarlane.
This section contains 1,658 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)