Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 48, what threat does Vallenar make when Glinn refuses to return Timmer to him?
2. In Chapter 84, what is happening to the life boats that causes concern to the survivors?
3. In Chapter 59, why is the box holding spare ship parts marked 40mm ordnance?
4. In Chapter 77, what does Britton see on the edge of the ice island above the Rolvaag?
5. In Chapter 60, who gets credit for keeping the cradle design simple in order to make the welding quick?
Who is Timmer? Why does he go to Isla Desolacion? What does he do once he reaches the camp where the meteorite is located? What does he find when he enters the tunnel under the meteorite? Why does Timmer touch the meteorite? What happens when he does? Why? Who does Glinn and his crew think Timmer is when they find his burned body? How do they learn they are wrong? Why does Glinn tell Vallenar that Timmer is in the brig on board the Rolvaag? What relationship does Glinn later realize Vallenar shared with Timmer?
Why does Lloyd fly a helicopter onto the deck of the Rolvaag? What does Lloyd want to be present for? Why does Lloyd insist on going to Isla Desolacion himself? Who insists on going with him? For what reason? What story does Puppup tell as the men make their way to the location where Masangkay found the meteorite? How does this story relate to the meteorite? What does McFarlane insist on doing with the body of Masangkay? How does Glinn react to this request? What does Glinn later do with the body of Masangkay?
Who is Comandante Vallenar? Where do Glinn, McFarlane, and Britton meet him? What problem does Vallenar have with Glinn and his crew? For what reason? Why does Vallenar think Glinn and his crew are interested in Isla Desolacion? Is this true? Is Vallenar ordered by the Chilean government to watch over Glinn and his crew? How does Vallenar react to opposition to his decision to watch over Glinn and his crew? Who does Vallenar send to the Isla Desolacion? How does this impact Vallenar's later decisions?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)