|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 52, why does Glinn have Lloyd locked in his suite on the Rolvaag?
2. In Chapter 60, how long does it take the crew to make most of the welds?
3. In Chapter 84, what is happening to the life boats that causes concern to the survivors?
4. In Chapter 61, what is Britton counting down?
5. In Chapter 51, Glinn reveals that EES controls what vital component of the Rolvaag?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Britton finally decide that they must use the dead man switch? Why does Lloyd and McFarlane disagree at first? Why do they change their minds? Who has the ultimate decision in regards to the dead man switch? Why does this person refuse to activate the dead man switch? What does this person do instead? Does it work? What does Britton order the crew to do when she realizes it is too late to use the dead man switch? Where does Britton go? For what reason? What does this say about Britton?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following themes in detail citing examples from the novel:
2) Desire to succeed
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following style elements in detail, discussing how they impact the overall plot of the novel. Cite examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
This section contains 1,662 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)