|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 71, why does Amira confess to McFarlane that she wants to continue studying the meteorite even after they arrive back in the States?
2. In Chapter 69, what does McFarlane hear in the cargo hold that helps him come to a conclusion as to what caused the meteorite to discharge electricity not only this one time, but every time?
3. In Chapter 83, who accompanies Glinn to the abandoned cargo hold?
4. In Chapter 59, why does Vallenar request a team of six go into the water to repair the propellers?
5. In Chapter 58, what did Lloyd do throughout the fight with the Almirante Ramirez?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following themes in detail citing examples from the novel:
2) Desire to succeed
Essay Topic 2
How is the meteorite removed from the island? What method does Glinn's group use to lift the meteorite from the hole in the ground? How do they move the meteorite from one side of the island to the other? How do they move the meteorite from a bluff above the ship to the ship's cargo hold? Why do they decide to do this under the cover of fog? What must be done to keep the meteorite from rolling around in the cargo hold? What happens while this task is being completed? For what reason?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following in detail citing examples from the novel:
3) Point of view
This section contains 1,691 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)