|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 80, where does Britton recall having seen a ship break its back?
2. In Chapter 60, who gets credit for keeping the cradle design simple in order to make the welding quick?
3. In Chapter 69, what are investigators looking at in an attempt to find out what happened to cause the meteorite to discharge electricity in the cargo hold?
4. In Chapter 64, Glinn repeatedly suggests Vallenar will do what?
5. In Chapter 61, what item does Glinn reveal he brought an entire case of on board the Rolvaag?
Essay Topic 1
Who is Timmer? Why does he go to Isla Desolacion? What does he do once he reaches the camp where the meteorite is located? What does he find when he enters the tunnel under the meteorite? Why does Timmer touch the meteorite? What happens when he does? Why? Who does Glinn and his crew think Timmer is when they find his burned body? How do they learn they are wrong? Why does Glinn tell Vallenar that Timmer is in the brig on board the Rolvaag? What relationship does Glinn later realize Vallenar shared with Timmer?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following character relationships in detail:
1) McFarlane and Masangkay
2) Lloyd and McFarlane
3) Lloyd and Glinn
4) Glinn and McFarlane.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following relationships:
1) Glinn and Britton
2) Vallenar and Timmer
3) McFarlane and Amira
4) Lloyd and Glinn.
This section contains 1,616 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)