|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 48, what threat does Vallenar make when Glinn refuses to return Timmer to him?
(a) He will call in reinforcements.
(b) He will blow the Rolvaag out of the water.
(c) He will arrest Glinn.
(d) He will arrest Lloyd.
2. In Chapter 84, what is happening to the life boats that causes concern to the survivors?
(a) They begin to move back toward the Ice Limit.
(b) They become exposed to the cold.
(c) They begin taking on water.
(d) They begin to deflat.
3. In Chapter 59, why is the box holding spare ship parts marked 40mm ordnance?
(a) To hide it from corrupt officials in the Navy Yard.
(b) To hide it from the crew.
(c) To hide it from hijackers.
(d) To hide it from thieves.
4. In Chapter 77, what does Britton see on the edge of the ice island above the Rolvaag?
(a) Falling ice.
(b) Military aircraft.
(c) Four of Glinn's men.
5. In Chapter 60, who gets credit for keeping the cradle design simple in order to make the welding quick?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 56, why does Vallenar think the Rolvaag is still moored to the cliffs despite the incoming storm?
2. In Chapter 59, why does Vallenar request a team of six go into the water to repair the propellers?
3. In Chapter 80, where does Britton recall having seen a ship break its back?
4. In Chapter 81, who does Lloyd threaten to kill with his bares hands should this person use the dead man switch?
5. In Chapter 69, what does Amira suggest set off the electrical charge?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)