|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 44, Glinn says that the meteorite has confounded all EES expectations. What does Glinn recommend they do now?
(a) Ask for help from another meteorite expert.
(b) Continue with caution.
(c) Call in reinforcements.
(d) Abort the project.
2. In Chapter 60, who gets credit for keeping the cradle design simple in order to make the welding quick?
3. In Chapter 71, what item of jewelry does Amira ask to wear of McFarlane's in a moment of intimacy?
(a) His MIT ring.
(b) His grandmother's brooch.
(c) His mother's wedding ring.
(d) His high school class ring.
4. What does McFarlane tell Glinn in chapter 47 when he asks how safe the meteorite is?
(a) That it is dangerous and should be dropped into the sea at the first opportunity.
(b) That it is dangerous and never should be placed on the Rolvaag.
(c) That it is inert except when touched by a human hand.
(d) That it is inert except when touched with salt.
5. In Chapter 70, what is Vallenar's greatest fear as the waves begin to take their toll on his ship?
(a) He will not be able to complete his mission.
(b) He will not see his son again.
(c) He will die.
(d) He will not be able to retrieve the meteorite for Chile.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 51, what does the Almirante Ramirez do that causes tension on the Rolvaag's bridge?
2. In Chapter 54, who does Lloyd think is the only person who can get the meteorite out of Chile?
3. In Chapter 81, who does Lloyd threaten to kill with his bares hands should this person use the dead man switch?
4. In Chapter 63, who is the first person interviewed in the investigation into the discharge of the meteorite?
5. In Chapter 64, Glinn repeatedly suggests Vallenar will do what?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)