|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 61, what item does Glinn reveal he brought an entire case of on board the Rolvaag?
(a) Red Wine.
(b) White Wine.
2. In Chapter 80, why does Glinn refuse to entertain the idea that the meteorite's cradle could fail?
(a) It is made of steel.
(b) He cannot fail.
(c) It is made of diamonds, the hardest substance on earth.
(d) Double overage.
3. In Chapter 78, how long can the Rolvaag expect to have auxiliary power?
(a) Fifteen hours.
(b) Twenty hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Twenty-five hours.
4. In Chapter 61, what type of ship does Lloyd hope is following them into international waters?
(a) An American tanker.
(b) A Chilean military vessel.
(c) An American military vessel.
(d) A merchant ship.
5. In Chapter 83, what order does Britton give Garza that Glinn countermands?
(a) Continue welding the cradle.
(b) Trigger the dead man switch.
(c) Arrest Glinn.
(d) Abadon ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 79, why does help refuse to come for the Rolvaag?
2. In Chapter 58, what did Lloyd do throughout the fight with the Almirante Ramirez?
3. In Chapter 52, why does Glinn have Lloyd locked in his suite on the Rolvaag?
4. In the final chapter of the novel, where do the survivors find themselves three days after rescue?
5. In Chapter 81, what reason does McFarlane believe it was a mistake to take the meteorite to sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What revelation does Glinn make in chapter 68 that explains Vallenar's odd behavior?
2. In Chapter 80 Britton suggests it is time to use the dead man switch. What has caused her to come to this conclusion? What is the reaction of those around her?
3. In Chapter 66, one of Vallenar's men refuses to follow an order based on what information? What does Vallenar do about this insubordination?
4. What difficulties is the Almirante Ramirez suffering in Chapter 70 that makes its pursuit of the Rolvaag more difficult?
5. What causes Glinn's death in Chapter 83? What fantasy does he have as he dies?
6. Where does Glinn advise Britton to take the ship in Chapter 74? What argument does Britton make against this plan?
7. Where does Glinn go in Chapter 48? What is he wearing that suggests he expects danger on this trip?
8. In Chapter 69, what does McFarlane realized caused the electrical discharge from the meteorite in the cargo hold? What does he plan to do about it?
9. What concerns does Glinn have about continuing the expedition in Chapter 46? What concerns does Britton express in the same chapter?
10. What assumption does Vallenar make in Chapter 56 when he realizes the Rolvaag is leaving Isle Desolacion? What does he do?
This section contains 1,313 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)