|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of the term, dead in the water?
(a) A ship that has lost the ability to turn.
(b) A ship unable to control its movement in the water.
(c) A ship with no power.
(d) A ship that is not making headway.
2. In Chapter 53 Britton realizes Glinn is using what feature of the ship to help raise the ship to the level of the bluff in order to move the meteorite onto the tower built out of the cargo hold to safely lower the meteorite into the ship?
(a) The ballists.
(b) The oil tanks in the center of the ship.
(c) The air tanks on the outside of the ship.
(d) The lower levels of the ship.
3. In Chapter 84, who took command of the Rolvaag's crew after Britton left the bridge?
4. In Chapter 83, who accompanies Glinn to the abandoned cargo hold?
5. In Chapter 57, what does Britton say she thinks of Glinn's mental state?
(a) That he is manic depressive.
(b) That he is the sanest man she knows.
(c) That he is insane.
(d) That he is highly intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 64, Glinn repeatedly suggests Vallenar will do what?
2. In Chapter 83, what order does Britton give Garza that Glinn countermands?
3. In Chapter 60, what order is given to the work crew in regards to their interaction with the meteorite?
4. In Chapter 46, Britton expresses concern about having the meteorite on her ship. How does Glinn convince her to go forward with it?
5. In Chapter 61, what is Britton counting down?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 65, what danger does Glinn identify for the Rolvaag? What action does he recommend taking against it?
2. What news does McFarlane bring the bridge in Chapter 72? What does Glinn do about it?
3. Where does Glinn advise Britton to take the ship in Chapter 74? What argument does Britton make against this plan?
4. In Chapter 69, what does McFarlane realized caused the electrical discharge from the meteorite in the cargo hold? What does he plan to do about it?
5. Where does Glinn go in Chapter 48? What is he wearing that suggests he expects danger on this trip?
6. What concerns does Glinn have about continuing the expedition in Chapter 46? What concerns does Britton express in the same chapter?
7. What is Garza and his team doing in the cargo hold in Chapter 60? What danger does this pose?
8. In Chapter 82 Lloyd and McFarlane change their position on the meteorite. Who refuses to listen? What happens next?
9. How does Britton feel about the actions Glinn took against her in Chapter 52 as described in Chapter 53? Who offers his loyal support to Britton? How does this make her feel?
10. In Chapter 66, one of Vallenar's men refuses to follow an order based on what information? What does Vallenar do about this insubordination?
This section contains 1,349 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)