|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 57, what weapons system does Glinn reveal he has placed on the Rolvaag?
(a) A 9mm Deck Mounted Machine Gun.
(b) A McDonnell-Douglas Blackout Series Wide Band ECM.
(c) An Exocet missle launcher.
(d) An McDonnell-Douglas Automatic Chaff Deploy System.
2. In Chapter 75, what does Britton notice is different about the Rolvaag?
(a) The shape of the deck.
(b) The sound of the computers.
(c) The shape of the bridge.
(d) The sound of the engines.
3. In Chapter 50, Vallenar learns he has been issued a second order to do what?
(a) Arrest Glinn.
(b) Arrest Lloyd.
(c) Continue on his previous assignment.
(d) Return to base.
4. In Chapter 64, where does Britton plan to take the Rolvag out of Drake Passage?
(a) Toward a British Naval Base on Georgia Island.
(b) Toward South America to escape the gale.
(c) Toward American waters.
(d) Toward the Ice Limit.
5. In Chapter 69, what does McFarlane hear in the cargo hold that helps him come to a conclusion as to what caused the meteorite to discharge electricity not only this one time, but every time?
(b) Cracking of the cradle's welds.
(c) A hum from the meteorite itself.
(d) People's voices.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 84, what is happening to the life boats that causes concern to the survivors?
2. In Chapter 60, who gets credit for keeping the cradle design simple in order to make the welding quick?
3. In Chapter 61, what is Britton counting down?
4. How long does it take to move the meteorite to the bluffs overlooking the Rolvaag?
5. In Chapter 69, what do Amira and McFarlane use to protect the ship from the meteorite's power?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Glinn advise Britton to take the ship in Chapter 74? What argument does Britton make against this plan?
2. In Chapter 66, one of Vallenar's men refuses to follow an order based on what information? What does Vallenar do about this insubordination?
3. Why does Glinn once again take command of the bridge in Chapter 57? What is the result?
4. What news does McFarlane bring the bridge in Chapter 72? What does Glinn do about it?
5. How does Glinn's team assertain that the dead body is not the guard they thought it was? Who does Glinn believe this man is? What complication does this pose?
6. What item does Rachel Amira give to McFarlane in the lifeboat? What does she ask McFarlane to do with it?
7. Why does Britton suggest in Chapter 57 that they will all go to jail when they return to America? What is Glinn's response?
8. When McFarlane is on the phone with Lloyd in Chapter 49 he explains when the meteorite will be moved and learns about an impending problem for the expedition. McFarlane also senses that Lloyd is planning something. How will the meteorite be moved, what impending problem is coming, and what is Lloyd up to?
9. In Chapter 69, what does McFarlane realized caused the electrical discharge from the meteorite in the cargo hold? What does he plan to do about it?
10. What nautical destination does Glinn assume will cause the Almirante Ramirez stop its pursuit of the Rolvaag? Why? Does it?
This section contains 1,360 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)