|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 61, what type of ship does Lloyd hope is following them into international waters?
(a) A Chilean military vessel.
(b) A merchant ship.
(c) An American military vessel.
(d) An American tanker.
2. In Chapter 51, Glinn reveals that EES controls what vital component of the Rolvaag?
(a) The propellers.
(b) The radar system.
(c) The engine room.
(d) The computer system.
3. In Chapter 59, why does Vallenar request a team of six go into the water to repair the propellers?
(a) It takes six to lift the heavy propellers.
(b) At least one of them will live long enough to finish the job.
(c) At least that many are necessary to remove the old propellers.
(d) It takes six to bolt the propeller to the ship.
4. In Chapter 69, what are investigators looking at in an attempt to find out what happened to cause the meteorite to discharge electricity in the cargo hold?
(a) Damage from the discharge.
(b) Security logs.
(c) Security footage.
(d) The meteorite itself.
5. In Chapter 48, what threat does Vallenar make when Glinn refuses to return Timmer to him?
(a) He will arrest Lloyd.
(b) He will blow the Rolvaag out of the water.
(c) He will arrest Glinn.
(d) He will call in reinforcements.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 61, what type of job does Lloyd decide he will offer Puppup at the Lloyd Museum?
2. In Chapter 61, what is Britton counting down?
3. In Chapter 69, what does Amira suggest set off the electrical charge?
4. In Chapter 59, how long does Vallenar believe he has before his ship is forced into the reefs beyond Isla Deceit?
5. What is the meaning of the term, dead in the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does McFarlane hypothesize caused the massive electrical surge that knocked out the equipment on Isla Desolacion? What argument does Lloyd make against this theory?
2. What happens in Chapter 77 when the Almirante Ramirez comes around the corner of the ice island and faces the Rolvaag?
3. What happened in the cargo hold that caused the deaths of most of Garza's men? Who does Garza blame? Who does McFarlane blame?
4. How does Britton feel about the actions Glinn took against her in Chapter 52 as described in Chapter 53? Who offers his loyal support to Britton? How does this make her feel?
5. When McFarlane is on the phone with Lloyd in Chapter 49 he explains when the meteorite will be moved and learns about an impending problem for the expedition. McFarlane also senses that Lloyd is planning something. How will the meteorite be moved, what impending problem is coming, and what is Lloyd up to?
6. What, as described in Chapter 50, is Vallenar's plan in regards to the Rolvaag?
7. What is Garza and his team doing in the cargo hold in Chapter 60? What danger does this pose?
8. How does Glinn's team assertain that the dead body is not the guard they thought it was? Who does Glinn believe this man is? What complication does this pose?
9. What nautical destination does Glinn assume will cause the Almirante Ramirez stop its pursuit of the Rolvaag? Why? Does it?
10. What item does Rachel Amira give to McFarlane in the lifeboat? What does she ask McFarlane to do with it?
This section contains 1,424 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)