|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 44, Glinn calls what person to inform them on the current situation?
(c) Lloyd's secretary.
(d) Chilean officials.
2. In Chapter 59, what orders does Vallenar believe his men are awaiting?
(a) To order an SOS.
(b) To abandon ship.
(c) To repair the ship.
(d) To report to battle stations.
3. In Chapter 61, what item does Glinn reveal he brought an entire case of on board the Rolvaag?
(a) Red Wine.
(b) White Wine.
4. What is the cradle where the meteorite is to sit in the ship designed for?
(a) To keep the meteorite from crushing someone.
(b) To keep the meteorite from being damaged.
(c) To keep the meteorite from releasing a jolt of electricity.
(d) To keep the meteorite from shifting.
5. In Chapter 57, whom does Glinn feel admires him for his actions?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 47, who does McFarlane point out is blocking the only exit out of the channel?
2. In Chapter 58, what did Lloyd do throughout the fight with the Almirante Ramirez?
3. In Chapter 46, what event keeps Glinn and his scientists from understanding why the meteorite appears to kill when touched?
4. In Chapter 51, Glinn reveals that EES controls what vital component of the Rolvaag?
5. In Chapter 56, why does Vallenar think the Rolvaag is still moored to the cliffs despite the incoming storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Glinn once again take command of the bridge in Chapter 57? What is the result?
2. How does Britton feel about the actions Glinn took against her in Chapter 52 as described in Chapter 53? Who offers his loyal support to Britton? How does this make her feel?
3. How does Vallenar react to Glinn's actions, as shown in Chapter 59? What does Vallenar plan to do next?
4. Why does Britton suggest in Chapter 57 that they will all go to jail when they return to America? What is Glinn's response?
5. What conclusion does McFarlane announce to Lloyd in the final chapter of the book? Is this conclusion accurate.
6. What does McFarlane hypothesize caused the massive electrical surge that knocked out the equipment on Isla Desolacion? What argument does Lloyd make against this theory?
7. How many people got off the Rolvaag as revealed in Chapter 84? How many died?
8. What assumption does Vallenar make in Chapter 56 when he realizes the Rolvaag is leaving Isle Desolacion? What does he do?
9. What causes Glinn's death in Chapter 83? What fantasy does he have as he dies?
10. What difficulties is the Almirante Ramirez suffering in Chapter 70 that makes its pursuit of the Rolvaag more difficult?
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)