|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 57, what weapons system does Glinn reveal he has placed on the Rolvaag?
(a) An Exocet missle launcher.
(b) A 9mm Deck Mounted Machine Gun.
(c) A McDonnell-Douglas Blackout Series Wide Band ECM.
(d) An McDonnell-Douglas Automatic Chaff Deploy System.
2. In Chapter 44, Glinn calls what person to inform them on the current situation?
(a) Chilean officials.
(c) Lloyd's secretary.
3. In Chapter 65, what does Glinn realize the Almirante Ramirez has really done?
(a) Trapped them against a reef.
(b) Blocked off all means of escape.
(c) Forced them to drop the meteorite.
(d) Forced them to surrender.
4. In Chapter 69, what are investigators looking at in an attempt to find out what happened to cause the meteorite to discharge electricity in the cargo hold?
(a) The meteorite itself.
(b) Security logs.
(c) Damage from the discharge.
(d) Security footage.
5. In Chapter 84, who took command of the Rolvaag's crew after Britton left the bridge?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 61, what type of ship does Lloyd hope is following them into international waters?
2. In Chapter 83, who accompanies Glinn to the abandoned cargo hold?
3. In Chapter 72, why does Glinn instruct his men to turn off the radar jamming equipment and ask Britton to cut the engines?
4. In Chapter 71, why does Amira confess to McFarlane that she wants to continue studying the meteorite even after they arrive back in the States?
5. In Chapter 78, how long can the Rolvaag expect to have auxiliary power?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vallenar react to Glinn's actions, as shown in Chapter 59? What does Vallenar plan to do next?
2. Where is the Rolvaag hit, as determined by Britton in Chapter 75? What does this damage suggest to Britton?
3. What is Garza and his team doing in the cargo hold in Chapter 60? What danger does this pose?
4. What news does McFarlane bring the bridge in Chapter 72? What does Glinn do about it?
5. How many people got off the Rolvaag as revealed in Chapter 84? How many died?
6. Why does Glinn once again take command of the bridge in Chapter 57? What is the result?
7. How does Britton feel about the actions Glinn took against her in Chapter 52 as described in Chapter 53? Who offers his loyal support to Britton? How does this make her feel?
8. What difficulties is the Almirante Ramirez suffering in Chapter 70 that makes its pursuit of the Rolvaag more difficult?
9. Where does Glinn go in Chapter 48? What is he wearing that suggests he expects danger on this trip?
10. Why does Britton suggest in Chapter 57 that they will all go to jail when they return to America? What is Glinn's response?
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)