|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 55, what part of the ship does Britton report has hit the edge of the bluff?
(a) The aft shipping containers.
(b) The tower holding the meteorite.
(c) The crane on deck.
(d) The hull.
2. In Chapter 51, Glinn reveals that EES controls what vital component of the Rolvaag?
(a) The computer system.
(b) The radar system.
(c) The engine room.
(d) The propellers.
3. In Chapter 60, what order is given to the work crew in regards to their interaction with the meteorite?
(a) Not to hit it with welding compound.
(b) Not to touch it.
(c) Not to damage it with the heat of the torches.
(d) Not to damage the cradle.
4. In Chapter 79, why does help refuse to come for the Rolvaag?
(a) There are no ships in the area.
(b) There are no ships willing to sail into the Ice Limit.
(c) There are no helicopters that can fly that far.
(d) The storm is too strong.
5. In Chapter 81, what reason does McFarlane believe it was a mistake to take the meteorite to sea?
(a) It is a danger to the eco system of the earth.
(b) If it leaves the ship it will never be recoverable again.
(c) It is dangerous to the ship and crew.
(d) It has caused the Rolvaag's current situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 61, what type of ship does Lloyd hope is following them into international waters?
2. In Chapter 83, who accompanies Glinn to the abandoned cargo hold?
3. In Chapter 60, who is in charge of the team sent to finish the welds on the meteorite's cradle?
4. In Chapter 84, who took command of the Rolvaag's crew after Britton left the bridge?
5. In Chapter 61, what is Britton counting down?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does McFarlane bring the bridge in Chapter 72? What does Glinn do about it?
2. How does Glinn's team assertain that the dead body is not the guard they thought it was? Who does Glinn believe this man is? What complication does this pose?
3. What happens in Chapter 77 when the Almirante Ramirez comes around the corner of the ice island and faces the Rolvaag?
4. What does McFarlane hypothesize caused the massive electrical surge that knocked out the equipment on Isla Desolacion? What argument does Lloyd make against this theory?
5. In Chapter 80 Britton suggests it is time to use the dead man switch. What has caused her to come to this conclusion? What is the reaction of those around her?
6. Why does Glinn once again take command of the bridge in Chapter 57? What is the result?
7. Palmer Lloyd was sent to his rooms like a bad boy and was filled with anger toward Glinn. What changes his mind in Chapter 58? What does Lloyd plan to do the next time he sees Glinn?
8. What revelation does Glinn make in chapter 68 that explains Vallenar's odd behavior?
9. What is Garza and his team doing in the cargo hold in Chapter 60? What danger does this pose?
10. Where does Glinn advise Britton to take the ship in Chapter 74? What argument does Britton make against this plan?
This section contains 1,343 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)