|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 80, why does Glinn refuse to entertain the idea that the meteorite's cradle could fail?
(a) Double overage.
(b) He cannot fail.
(c) It is made of steel.
(d) It is made of diamonds, the hardest substance on earth.
2. In Chapter 47, who does McFarlane point out is blocking the only exit out of the channel?
3. In Chapter 78, who does Britton inform her officers to call for help?
(a) The American Coast Guard.
(b) The British Naval base on Georgia Island.
(c) The Peru government.
(d) The Chilean military.
4. In Chapter 57, what weapons system does Glinn reveal he has placed on the Rolvaag?
(a) An McDonnell-Douglas Automatic Chaff Deploy System.
(b) A McDonnell-Douglas Blackout Series Wide Band ECM.
(c) A 9mm Deck Mounted Machine Gun.
(d) An Exocet missle launcher.
5. In Chapter 81, what reason does McFarlane believe it was a mistake to take the meteorite to sea?
(a) It has caused the Rolvaag's current situation.
(b) It is a danger to the eco system of the earth.
(c) It is dangerous to the ship and crew.
(d) If it leaves the ship it will never be recoverable again.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 44, Glinn says that the meteorite has confounded all EES expectations. What does Glinn recommend they do now?
2. In Chapter 69, what are investigators looking at in an attempt to find out what happened to cause the meteorite to discharge electricity in the cargo hold?
3. In Chapter 75, what does Britton notice is different about the Rolvaag?
4. In Chapter 78, what happens each time the Rolvaag rolls against the waves?
5. In Chapter 60, how long does it take the crew to make most of the welds?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)