|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 60, what order is given to the work crew in regards to their interaction with the meteorite?
(a) Not to hit it with welding compound.
(b) Not to damage the cradle.
(c) Not to touch it.
(d) Not to damage it with the heat of the torches.
2. In Chapter 53, how long does it take for the meteorite to become settled on the tower that will lower it into the cargo hold?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) Twenty-four hours.
(d) Forty-five minutes.
3. In Chapter 71, why does Amira confess to McFarlane that she wants to continue studying the meteorite even after they arrive back in the States?
(a) To prove it is interstellar.
(b) To learn how old it really it.
(c) To find an internal power source.
(d) To write a paper that will make her reputation in the scientific community.
4. In Chapter 55, what part of the ship does Britton report has hit the edge of the bluff?
(a) The hull.
(b) The aft shipping containers.
(c) The tower holding the meteorite.
(d) The crane on deck.
5. In Chapter 60, who is in charge of the team sent to finish the welds on the meteorite's cradle?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 76, what does Vallenar believe Captain Britton is attempting to do in the Ice Limit?
2. In Chapter 44, Glinn calls what person to inform them on the current situation?
3. In Chapter 50, Vallenar learns he has been issued a second order to do what?
4. In Chapter 47, what reason does Glinn give McFarlane for keeping in communications with Lloyd?
5. In Chapter 73, what failure does Garza report will cause the meteorite to eventually break free of its cradle?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)