|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does McFarlane tell Glinn in chapter 47 when he asks how safe the meteorite is?
(a) That it is dangerous and should be dropped into the sea at the first opportunity.
(b) That it is dangerous and never should be placed on the Rolvaag.
(c) That it is inert except when touched by a human hand.
(d) That it is inert except when touched with salt.
2. In Chapter 52, why does Glinn have Lloyd locked in his suite on the Rolvaag?
(a) He attempts to overrule Britton's control of the bridge.
(b) He attempts to call the Chilean government for help.
(c) He attempts to interfere in Glinn's plan for the Almirante Ramirez.
(d) He refuses to pay Glinn for his services.
3. In Chapter 59, why is the box holding spare ship parts marked 40mm ordnance?
(a) To hide it from hijackers.
(b) To hide it from the crew.
(c) To hide it from corrupt officials in the Navy Yard.
(d) To hide it from thieves.
4. In Chapter 84, what is happening to the life boats that causes concern to the survivors?
(a) They begin taking on water.
(b) They begin to deflat.
(c) They begin to move back toward the Ice Limit.
(d) They become exposed to the cold.
5. How long does it take to move the meteorite to the bluffs overlooking the Rolvaag?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) On month.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 59, why does Vallenar request a team of six go into the water to repair the propellers?
2. In Chapter 61, what is Britton counting down?
3. In Chapter 44, Glinn says that the meteorite has confounded all EES expectations. What does Glinn recommend they do now?
4. In Chapter 45, Glinn makes a comment about the mysterious dead man in Spanish. What does this statement suggest to both McFarlane and the reader?
5. In Chapter 72, why does Glinn instruct his men to turn off the radar jamming equipment and ask Britton to cut the engines?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the Rolvaag hit, as determined by Britton in Chapter 75? What does this damage suggest to Britton?
2. What causes Glinn's death in Chapter 83? What fantasy does he have as he dies?
3. What conclusion does McFarlane announce to Lloyd in the final chapter of the book? Is this conclusion accurate.
4. Palmer Lloyd was sent to his rooms like a bad boy and was filled with anger toward Glinn. What changes his mind in Chapter 58? What does Lloyd plan to do the next time he sees Glinn?
5. What is Garza and his team doing in the cargo hold in Chapter 60? What danger does this pose?
6. How does Glinn's team assertain that the dead body is not the guard they thought it was? Who does Glinn believe this man is? What complication does this pose?
7. In Chapter 82 Lloyd and McFarlane change their position on the meteorite. Who refuses to listen? What happens next?
8. How does Vallenar react to Glinn's actions, as shown in Chapter 59? What does Vallenar plan to do next?
9. What news does McFarlane bring the bridge in Chapter 72? What does Glinn do about it?
10. What difficulties is the Almirante Ramirez suffering in Chapter 70 that makes its pursuit of the Rolvaag more difficult?
This section contains 1,319 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)