|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 83, what does Britton ask Glinn to do?
(a) Release the tarp on the meteorite.
(b) Leave on a lifeboat with her.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Trigger the dead man switch.
2. In Chapter 53, how long does it take for the meteorite to become settled on the tower that will lower it into the cargo hold?
(a) Forty-five minutes.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) Twenty-four hours.
(d) Two hours.
3. In Chapter 69, what does Amira suggest set off the electrical charge?
(a) Nothing, it was random.
(b) Nothing, it did not happen.
(c) Someone touched it.
(d) Someone hit it with the heat of a torch.
4. In Chapter 57, what weapons system does Glinn reveal he has placed on the Rolvaag?
(a) An Exocet missle launcher.
(b) A 9mm Deck Mounted Machine Gun.
(c) A McDonnell-Douglas Blackout Series Wide Band ECM.
(d) An McDonnell-Douglas Automatic Chaff Deploy System.
5. In Chapter 61, what type of ship does Lloyd hope is following them into international waters?
(a) A merchant ship.
(b) An American military vessel.
(c) A Chilean military vessel.
(d) An American tanker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 71, what item of jewelry does Amira ask to wear of McFarlane's in a moment of intimacy?
2. In Chapter 58, who does Lloyd give ultimate credit to for the success of the recovery of the meteorite?
3. In Chapter 70, what is Vallenar's greatest fear as the waves begin to take their toll on his ship?
4. In Chapter 48, what threat does Vallenar make when Glinn refuses to return Timmer to him?
5. In Chapter 64, Glinn repeatedly suggests Vallenar will do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does McFarlane hypothesize caused the massive electrical surge that knocked out the equipment on Isla Desolacion? What argument does Lloyd make against this theory?
2. In Chapter 82 Lloyd and McFarlane change their position on the meteorite. Who refuses to listen? What happens next?
3. What, as described in Chapter 50, is Vallenar's plan in regards to the Rolvaag?
4. In Chapter 65, what danger does Glinn identify for the Rolvaag? What action does he recommend taking against it?
5. In Chapter 80 Britton suggests it is time to use the dead man switch. What has caused her to come to this conclusion? What is the reaction of those around her?
6. How many people got off the Rolvaag as revealed in Chapter 84? How many died?
7. What happened in the cargo hold that caused the deaths of most of Garza's men? Who does Garza blame? Who does McFarlane blame?
8. What nautical destination does Glinn assume will cause the Almirante Ramirez stop its pursuit of the Rolvaag? Why? Does it?
9. What assumption does Vallenar make in Chapter 56 when he realizes the Rolvaag is leaving Isle Desolacion? What does he do?
10. What news does McFarlane bring the bridge in Chapter 72? What does Glinn do about it?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)