|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 55, what part of the ship does Britton report has hit the edge of the bluff?
(a) The tower holding the meteorite.
(b) The aft shipping containers.
(c) The hull.
(d) The crane on deck.
2. In Chapter 54, who does Lloyd think is the only person who can get the meteorite out of Chile?
3. In Chapter 75, what does Britton notice is different about the Rolvaag?
(a) The sound of the engines.
(b) The shape of the deck.
(c) The shape of the bridge.
(d) The sound of the computers.
4. In Chapter 57, what does Glinn want Puppup to do?
(a) Direct the Rolvaag into an inner cove.
(b) Radio Chilean authorities to force Vallenar to back off of them.
(c) Direct the Rolvaag safely through the reefs.
(d) Tell them where they can safely hide from the Almirante Ramirez.
5. In Chapter 71, why does Amira confess to McFarlane that she wants to continue studying the meteorite even after they arrive back in the States?
(a) To write a paper that will make her reputation in the scientific community.
(b) To find an internal power source.
(c) To prove it is interstellar.
(d) To learn how old it really it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 81, what reason does McFarlane believe it was a mistake to take the meteorite to sea?
2. In Chapter 57, what weapons system does Glinn reveal he has placed on the Rolvaag?
3. What are Willey Peters?
4. In Chapter 51, what does the Almirante Ramirez do that causes tension on the Rolvaag's bridge?
5. In Chapter 58, what did Lloyd do throughout the fight with the Almirante Ramirez?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 69, what does McFarlane realized caused the electrical discharge from the meteorite in the cargo hold? What does he plan to do about it?
2. Why does Britton suggest in Chapter 57 that they will all go to jail when they return to America? What is Glinn's response?
3. What revelation does Glinn make in chapter 68 that explains Vallenar's odd behavior?
4. How does Vallenar react to Glinn's actions, as shown in Chapter 59? What does Vallenar plan to do next?
5. What news does McFarlane bring the bridge in Chapter 72? What does Glinn do about it?
6. Palmer Lloyd was sent to his rooms like a bad boy and was filled with anger toward Glinn. What changes his mind in Chapter 58? What does Lloyd plan to do the next time he sees Glinn?
7. What happens in Chapter 77 when the Almirante Ramirez comes around the corner of the ice island and faces the Rolvaag?
8. In Chapter 80 Britton suggests it is time to use the dead man switch. What has caused her to come to this conclusion? What is the reaction of those around her?
9. What happened in the cargo hold that caused the deaths of most of Garza's men? Who does Garza blame? Who does McFarlane blame?
10. What item does Rachel Amira give to McFarlane in the lifeboat? What does she ask McFarlane to do with it?
This section contains 1,347 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)