|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 57, what does Glinn want Puppup to do?
(a) Radio Chilean authorities to force Vallenar to back off of them.
(b) Direct the Rolvaag into an inner cove.
(c) Direct the Rolvaag safely through the reefs.
(d) Tell them where they can safely hide from the Almirante Ramirez.
2. In Chapter 46, what slows the progress of the meteorite as it is moved from its previous location to the bluffs above the Rolvaag?
(a) The snow field.
(b) A broken machine.
(c) Glinn's orders.
(d) Vallenar's men.
3. In Chapter 76, what does Vallenar believe Captain Britton is attempting to do in the Ice Limit?
(a) Set him up for disaster.
(b) Wait for reinforcements.
(d) Dump the meteorite.
4. In Chapter 57, what weapons system does Glinn reveal he has placed on the Rolvaag?
(a) An McDonnell-Douglas Automatic Chaff Deploy System.
(b) A McDonnell-Douglas Blackout Series Wide Band ECM.
(c) An Exocet missle launcher.
(d) A 9mm Deck Mounted Machine Gun.
5. In Chapter 60, how long does it take the crew to make most of the welds?
(a) Thirty-two minutes.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) Twelve minutes.
(d) Twenty-two minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 64, where does Britton plan to take the Rolvag out of Drake Passage?
2. In Chapter 70, what is Vallenar's greatest fear as the waves begin to take their toll on his ship?
3. What is the meaning of the term, dead in the water?
4. In Chapter 57, how does Glinn disable the Almirante Ramirez?
5. In Chapter 47, what reason does Glinn give McFarlane for keeping in communications with Lloyd?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, as described in Chapter 50, is Vallenar's plan in regards to the Rolvaag?
2. How many people got off the Rolvaag as revealed in Chapter 84? How many died?
3. Where does Glinn go in Chapter 48? What is he wearing that suggests he expects danger on this trip?
4. What revelation does Glinn make in chapter 68 that explains Vallenar's odd behavior?
5. Why does Britton suggest in Chapter 57 that they will all go to jail when they return to America? What is Glinn's response?
6. In Chapter 69, what does McFarlane realized caused the electrical discharge from the meteorite in the cargo hold? What does he plan to do about it?
7. What nautical destination does Glinn assume will cause the Almirante Ramirez stop its pursuit of the Rolvaag? Why? Does it?
8. How does Britton feel about the actions Glinn took against her in Chapter 52 as described in Chapter 53? Who offers his loyal support to Britton? How does this make her feel?
9. How does Vallenar react to Glinn's actions, as shown in Chapter 59? What does Vallenar plan to do next?
10. Why does Glinn once again take command of the bridge in Chapter 57? What is the result?
This section contains 1,334 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)