|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bit do Amira and McFarlane attempt to drill the meteorite with?
(a) A diamond bit.
(b) A steel bit.
(c) A glass bit.
(d) An iron bit.
2. In Chapter 32, what does Bramwell find unusual about Masangkay's bones?
(a) They are mixed with animal bones.
(b) They are all too small for a male.
(c) They are all burnt.
(d) They are all broken.
3. What is Christie's, the setting of Chapter 3?
(a) An auction house.
(b) A museum.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A department store.
4. In Chapter 35, Glinn tells the team that the mass of the meteorite has been updated after the jack failure. What is the new estimated mass?
(a) Twenty-five thousand pounds.
(b) Twenty-five hundred thousand tons.
(c) Twenty-five hundred thousand pounds.
(d) Twenty-five thousand tons.
5. In Chapter 31, McFarlane claims the meteorite is like what element?
(a) Transition elements.
(c) Noble gas.
(d) Alkali metals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amira suggest is off about the color of the meteorite, as she explains in Chapter 25?
2. How much does Glinn tell Lloyd he will charge to complete the recovery of the meteorite from the Isla Desolacion in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 38, Amira tells McFarlane that she collected what unusual arachnid?
4. What does McFarlane want to call the meteorite?
5. What is the name of the channel where the Rolvaag lowers its anchor during the recovery of the meteorite?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a native man find on Isla Desolacion when paddles there in Chapter 2? What does he do about it?
2. What story does Puppup tell the men as they make their way to the site of the meteorite in Chapter 22?
3. What does Glinn's company, Effective Engineering Solutions, Inc., do? What is their success record? Why does Lloyd hire them?
4. Where does Glinn find Captain Britton? How does this pertain to her decision to take the job he has offered her?
5. How does Glinn and his team plan to move the meteorite from one side of the island to the other?
6. Why is a guard posted at the camp where the meteorite is sitting? What happens on the first night of guard duty?
7. What operation has Glinn had his men set up on the island to fool any Chilean officials who happen to be watching them? Is anyone watching them?
8. Why does Rochefort go into the tunnel with the jacked up meteorite in Chapter 34? What happens?
9. Why does McFarlane tell Britton in chapter 14 that he decided to study meteorites? What question does Britton ask McFarlane about this expedition?
10. What does Masangkay anticipate will be the rewards for discovering a unique meteorite on the Isla Desolacion? Who does he wish to pay back?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)