|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Lloyd promise to pay McFarlane in the end of Chapter 4?
(a) One million dollars.
(b) Three quarters of a million dollars.
(c) Half a million dollars.
(d) One hundred thousand dollars.
2. How has Glinn disguised the labs to be used in the recovery of the meteorite?
(a) To look like mining equipment.
(b) To look like a medical lab.
(c) To look like oil excavating equipment.
(d) To look like shipping containers.
3. In Chapter 36, Puppup claims to have inherited the remaining treasures of the Yaghan Indians. What does he say he did with it?
(a) Sold it and gave it to his wife's family.
(b) Hid it on a remote island.
(c) Gave it to a museum.
(d) Sold it and drank the profits.
4. Who does Puppup believe is responsible for the deaths of Evans, Rochefort, and Masangkay?
5. What happens in Chapter 33 when Glinn has the power to the hydraulic jacks brought up to seventy percent?
(b) The meteorite moves too quickly.
(c) The meteorite tips over.
(d) The meteorite rises six centimeters.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason is it revealed in Chapter 9 Captain Britton went to rehab?
2. What happens in Chapter 33 when Glinn orders the power stopped to all the jacks under the meteorite?
3. How does Puppup react in Chapter 21 as Lloyd, Glinn, and McFarlane admire Isla Desolacion?
4. In Chapter 29, what does Amira say Glinn hates?
5. Where does Glinn ask to meet McFarlane in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does McFarlane tell Britton in chapter 14 that he decided to study meteorites? What question does Britton ask McFarlane about this expedition?
2. What does McFarlane learn about Amira's relationship with Glinn in Chapter 38 that sheds light on Glinn's personality?
3. Why does Glinn gather his team and suggest they end the expedition in Chapter 35? Do they?
4. What does Dr. Brambell say caused Masangkay's death? How does this impact the expedition at this point?
5. Why is a guard posted at the camp where the meteorite is sitting? What happens on the first night of guard duty?
6. What is being auction at a Christie's auction house in Chapter 3? What is unusual about the buyer?
7. Who arrives on the Rolvaag via helicopter in Chapter 20? What is the purpose of this visit?
8. Why does Rochefort go into the tunnel with the jacked up meteorite in Chapter 34? What happens?
9. What unusual findings do McFarlane and Glinn make when they remove Masangkay's body for study on the ship in Chapter 27?
10. What does Lloyd do when he first sees the meteorite? Who warns against this action? Why?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)