|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amira claim uses more calories than jogging?
(a) Brain cells.
(c) Heart cells.
2. In Chapter 9, what author does Britton quote before she leaves Glinn?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(b) T.S. Eliot.
(c) Stephen King.
(d) W.H. Auden.
3. Where does Amira tell McFarlane that Glinn earned his military experience?
4. In Chapter 36, Puppup claims to have inherited the remaining treasures of the Yaghan Indians. What does he say he did with it?
(a) Sold it and gave it to his wife's family.
(b) Sold it and drank the profits.
(c) Gave it to a museum.
(d) Hid it on a remote island.
5. For what reason is it revealed in Chapter 9 Captain Britton went to rehab?
(c) Illegal drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does panteonero mean?
2. What does Rochefort manually release on the jacks in Chapter 34?
3. Why does Palmer Lloyd go to the Kalahari Desert to see Sam McFarlane in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 36, Glinn claims his great-great-great grandfather kidnapped what relative of Puppup's?
5. Why does Vallenar dislike disposable razors as discussed in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Puppup tell the men as they make their way to the site of the meteorite in Chapter 22?
2. Why does Glinn insist that McFarlane accompany him to the island where they will be interviewed by customs? Why does Glinn want himself and McFarlane to present fake passports when they arrive in Chile?
3. What does Masangkay anticipate will be the rewards for discovering a unique meteorite on the Isla Desolacion? Who does he wish to pay back?
4. What strikes McFarlane as luxurious when he boards the Rolvaag for the first time? What is Glinn's explanation for this unexpected luxury?
5. What does Lloyd do when he first sees the meteorite? Who warns against this action? Why?
6. Why does McFarlane take the broken drill bit to the ship? What does he find on it? What does he decide to do next?
7. What does McFarlane learn about Amira's relationship with Glinn in Chapter 38 that sheds light on Glinn's personality?
8. What causes the computers on the island to fail? What is found in the tunnel with the meteorite?
9. What operation has Glinn had his men set up on the island to fool any Chilean officials who happen to be watching them? Is anyone watching them?
10. What is being auction at a Christie's auction house in Chapter 3? What is unusual about the buyer?
This section contains 1,172 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)