|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does McFarlane want to call the meteorite?
(a) Masangkay meteorite.
(b) EES meteorite.
(c) MasanFarlane meteorite.
(d) McFarlane meteorite.
2. What element of the San Bushman language does McFarlane have trouble reproducing in Chapter 4?
(a) The strange consonants.
(b) The guttural sounds of the language.
(c) The trill of the r's.
(d) The strange clicks of the language.
3. What did the large bone found in a sandstone wall of a canyon turn out to be as described in Chapter 3?
(a) The site of an ancient cemetery.
(b) The intertwined skeletons of two dinosaurs.
(c) A large Tyrannosaurus.
(d) A large Triceratops.
4. What does Lloyd want to call the meteorite?
(a) Rolvaag meteorite.
(b) Lloyd meteorite.
(c) Desolation meteorite.
(d) Chilean meteorite.
5. How does Glinn plan to keep the meteorite stable during travel?
(a) By placing it in a shipping container.
(b) By placing it in a cradle.
(c) By wrapping it plastic.
(d) By tying it down with cargo straps.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Glinn say it will cost to determine if EES can recover the meteorite from Isla Desolacion in Chapter 7?
2. What does Rochefort manually release on the jacks in Chapter 34?
3. Who, in Chapter 12, makes the loudest objection to the banned beverage?
4. What illness does Puppup claim killed his wife in Chapter 36?
5. In Chapter 29, what does Amira say Glinn hates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What crime does Puppup tell Glinn Vallenar once committed? What was calculated about this crime?
2. What causes the computers on the island to fail? What is found in the tunnel with the meteorite?
3. How does Glinn and his team plan to move the meteorite from one side of the island to the other?
4. What operation has Glinn had his men set up on the island to fool any Chilean officials who happen to be watching them? Is anyone watching them?
5. What is being auction at a Christie's auction house in Chapter 3? What is unusual about the buyer?
6. What strikes McFarlane as luxurious when he boards the Rolvaag for the first time? What is Glinn's explanation for this unexpected luxury?
7. What unusual findings do McFarlane and Glinn make when they remove Masangkay's body for study on the ship in Chapter 27?
8. What does Glinn's company, Effective Engineering Solutions, Inc., do? What is their success record? Why does Lloyd hire them?
9. Why does Glinn's team make an effort to make the ship they are preparing for the expedition look older than it really is?
10. Why does McFarlane take the broken drill bit to the ship? What does he find on it? What does he decide to do next?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)