|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meal does McFarlane recall in Chapter 22 that Masangkay attempted to share with him five years previously as they hid from armored trucks in a foreign country?
(a) Cold sandwiches.
(b) Ramen noodles.
2. What happens in Chapter 33 when Glinn orders the power stopped to all the jacks under the meteorite?
(a) The jacks fail.
(b) The jacks drop the meteorite.
(c) The jacks fall too quickly.
(d) The jacks lock up.
3. What does Amira claim uses more calories than jogging?
(b) Brain cells.
(d) Heart cells.
4. How much does Glinn say it will cost to determine if EES can recover the meteorite from Isla Desolacion in Chapter 7?
(a) One million dollars.
(b) One thousand dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) One hundred thousand dollars.
5. What is Nestor Masangkay looking for on Isla Desolacion?
(b) A meteorite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the team initially use, as seen in Chapter 23, to remove the dirt over the top of the meteorite?
2. In Chapter 39, what does the letter Vallenar reads tell him about the Rolvaag's mining expedition on Isla Desolacion?
3. In Chapter 28, what item does Vallenar ask the man he is interviewing to give to him?
4. How does Puppup react in Chapter 21 as Lloyd, Glinn, and McFarlane admire Isla Desolacion?
5. In Chapter 29, what does Amira say Glinn hates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lloyd do when he first sees the meteorite? Who warns against this action? Why?
2. How does Glinn and his team plan to move the meteorite from one side of the island to the other?
3. What concerns does Glinn have about continuing the expedition in Chapter 46? What concerns does Britton express in the same chapter?
4. What does Dr. Brambell say caused Masangkay's death? How does this impact the expedition at this point?
5. What happens in Chapter 77 when the Almirante Ramirez comes around the corner of the ice island and faces the Rolvaag?
6. How does Glinn's team assertain that the dead body is not the guard they thought it was? Who does Glinn believe this man is? What complication does this pose?
7. What news does McFarlane bring the bridge in Chapter 72? What does Glinn do about it?
8. Where does Glinn advise Britton to take the ship in Chapter 74? What argument does Britton make against this plan?
9. Why does Glinn gather his team and suggest they end the expedition in Chapter 35? Do they?
10. What report does McFarlane find in Amira's quarters in Chapter 37? What does this report say? How does McFarlane feel about this report?
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)