|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 36, Glinn claims his great-great-great grandfather kidnapped what relative of Puppup's?
(a) His great-great-great grandmother.
(b) His great-great-great grandfather.
(c) His great-great-great aunt.
(d) His great-great-great uncle.
2. In Chapter 9, what author does Britton quote before she leaves Glinn?
(a) Stephen King.
(b) W.H. Auden.
(c) T.S. Eliot.
(d) Edgar Allen Poe.
3. Who, in Chapter 12, makes the loudest objection to the banned beverage?
4. What does Amira suggest is off about the color of the meteorite, as she explains in Chapter 25?
(a) It is only a reflection of the soil around it.
(b) It is paint put on the meteorite by jokesters.
(c) No meteorite in history has ever been that color.
(d) No known metal alloys can create such a color.
5. What famous assassination are Glinn's team reenacting when McFarlane arrives at EES's offices in Chapter 6?
(a) Martin Luther King Jr.'s death in Memphis.
(b) Lee Harvey Oswald's death in Dallas.
(c) Abraham Lincoln's death in Washington, D.C.
(d) John Fitzgerald Kennedy's death in Dallas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Glinn hired to change the outward appearance of the ship purchased for the recovery of the meteorite?
2. According to Amira in Chapter 41, what is the look?
3. In Chapter 42, what covers the sounds of Timmer's approach as he infiltrates the perimeter of the staging area?
4. In Chapter 30, McFarlane says tests on a sample of the meteorite will reveal what properties?
5. Where did Wilson Atcitty find a large bone protruding from a sandstone wall as described in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a native man find on Isla Desolacion when paddles there in Chapter 2? What does he do about it?
2. Why does Rochefort go into the tunnel with the jacked up meteorite in Chapter 34? What happens?
3. Where does Glinn find Captain Britton? How does this pertain to her decision to take the job he has offered her?
4. What does McFarlane use to create a demonstration of what happens to the ground when a meteorite falls from the sky? Why does McFarlane put on this demonstration? What is the reaction of his audience?
5. What is being auction at a Christie's auction house in Chapter 3? What is unusual about the buyer?
6. What unusual findings do McFarlane and Glinn make when they remove Masangkay's body for study on the ship in Chapter 27?
7. What crime does Puppup tell Glinn Vallenar once committed? What was calculated about this crime?
8. What operation has Glinn had his men set up on the island to fool any Chilean officials who happen to be watching them? Is anyone watching them?
9. Why does Glinn's team make an effort to make the ship they are preparing for the expedition look older than it really is?
10. What story of the Ice Limit does Britton tell the people at her table during the first dinner on board the Rolvaag? What famous writer wrote a story about this incident? How is this incident related to Captain Britton? What is important about this story?
This section contains 1,285 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)