|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the meteorite when it is finally exposed in Chapter 24?
2. In Chapter 32, what does Bramwell find unusual about Masangkay's bones?
(a) They are all too small for a male.
(b) They are all burnt.
(c) They are mixed with animal bones.
(d) They are all broken.
3. In Chapter 13 Glinn claims they have legal right to take the meteorite despite their desire to keep the meteorite secret. How is this true?
(a) Meteorites belong to whoever recovers them first.
(b) Chile does not own the island, the Yaghan Indians do.
(c) Meteorites, no matter where they are located, are owned by the American government.
(d) Glinn and team have mining claims to the island.
4. In Chapter 41, what does Garza call the plan that they intend to use to move the meteorite from the staging site to the bluffs above the Rolvaag?
(a) Cut and cover.
(b) Run and hide.
(c) Cover and run.
(d) Hide and dash.
5. For what reason is it revealed in Chapter 9 Captain Britton went to rehab?
(b) Illegal drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nestor Masangkay looking for on Isla Desolacion?
2. What does the team initially use, as seen in Chapter 23, to remove the dirt over the top of the meteorite?
3. How much does Lloyd promise to pay McFarlane in the end of Chapter 4?
4. What is the weather like in Chapter 1 as Masangkay unearths part of his find?
5. What happens in Chapter 33 when Glinn orders the power stopped to all the jacks under the meteorite?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes a near collision in Chapter 18 with the Rolvaag? What does this suggest about the dangers of the expedition?
2. What does Dr. Brambell say caused Masangkay's death? How does this impact the expedition at this point?
3. Why does Rochefort go into the tunnel with the jacked up meteorite in Chapter 34? What happens?
4. What operation has Glinn had his men set up on the island to fool any Chilean officials who happen to be watching them? Is anyone watching them?
5. What does McFarlane use to create a demonstration of what happens to the ground when a meteorite falls from the sky? Why does McFarlane put on this demonstration? What is the reaction of his audience?
6. Why does Glinn gather his team and suggest they end the expedition in Chapter 35? Do they?
7. What does McFarlane learn about Amira's relationship with Glinn in Chapter 38 that sheds light on Glinn's personality?
8. Where does Glinn find Captain Britton? How does this pertain to her decision to take the job he has offered her?
9. Why does McFarlane tell Britton in chapter 14 that he decided to study meteorites? What question does Britton ask McFarlane about this expedition?
10. What does Glinn's company, Effective Engineering Solutions, Inc., do? What is their success record? Why does Lloyd hire them?
This section contains 1,229 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)