|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does McFarlane and Amira see jogging in foul weather on the deck of the Rolvaag in Chapter 20?
2. In Chapter 13 Glinn claims they have legal right to take the meteorite despite their desire to keep the meteorite secret. How is this true?
(a) Meteorites, no matter where they are located, are owned by the American government.
(b) Chile does not own the island, the Yaghan Indians do.
(c) Meteorites belong to whoever recovers them first.
(d) Glinn and team have mining claims to the island.
3. In Chapter 39, what does the letter Vallenar reads tell him about the Rolvaag's mining expedition on Isla Desolacion?
(a) They are searching for oil.
(b) They are searching for silver.
(c) They are not searching for gold.
(d) They are not mining for gas.
4. In Chapter 39, who does Vallenar wish to interrogate about the actions of the Americans on the Rolvaag?
(d) The custom officials.
5. Where does Amira tell McFarlane that Glinn earned his military experience?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 31, Rochefort tells McFarlane they have placed what percentage of extra jacks under the meteorite?
2. What is the weather like in Chapter 1 as Masangkay unearths part of his find?
3. What meal does McFarlane recall in Chapter 22 that Masangkay attempted to share with him five years previously as they hid from armored trucks in a foreign country?
4. What is the profession of the man Vallenar interviews in Chapter 28?
5. In Chapter 42, what covers the sounds of Timmer's approach as he infiltrates the perimeter of the staging area?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Glinn go in Chapter 48? What is he wearing that suggests he expects danger on this trip?
2. In Chapter 80 Britton suggests it is time to use the dead man switch. What has caused her to come to this conclusion? What is the reaction of those around her?
3. What difficulties is the Almirante Ramirez suffering in Chapter 70 that makes its pursuit of the Rolvaag more difficult?
4. Where does Glinn find Captain Britton? How does this pertain to her decision to take the job he has offered her?
5. How many people got off the Rolvaag as revealed in Chapter 84? How many died?
6. What, as described in Chapter 50, is Vallenar's plan in regards to the Rolvaag?
7. Where does Glinn advise Britton to take the ship in Chapter 74? What argument does Britton make against this plan?
8. What causes Glinn's death in Chapter 83? What fantasy does he have as he dies?
9. What does a native man find on Isla Desolacion when paddles there in Chapter 2? What does he do about it?
10. What causes the computers on the island to fail? What is found in the tunnel with the meteorite?
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)