|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Garza believe the meteorite weighs as discussed in Chapter 31?
(a) Ten hundred thousand tons.
(b) Ten thousand pounds.
(c) Ten thousand ounces.
(d) Ten thousand tons.
2. What does panteonero mean?
(b) Cemetery wind.
(c) Graveyard breeze.
(d) Death's breath.
3. What state does the meteorite become when it reaches its melting point?
4. In Chapter 29, what does Amira say Glinn hates?
(d) Hard work.
5. What happens in Chapter 33 when Glinn has the power to the hydraulic jacks brought up to seventy percent?
(b) The meteorite moves too quickly.
(c) The meteorite tips over.
(d) The meteorite rises six centimeters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Glinn disguised the labs to be used in the recovery of the meteorite?
2. In Chapter 13 Glinn claims they have legal right to take the meteorite despite their desire to keep the meteorite secret. How is this true?
3. In Chapter 42, what covers the sounds of Timmer's approach as he infiltrates the perimeter of the staging area?
4. What does McFarlane do to Masangkay's remains in Chapter 22?
5. What color is the meteorite when it is finally exposed in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. What assumption does Vallenar make in Chapter 56 when he realizes the Rolvaag is leaving Isle Desolacion? What does he do?
2. What happens in Chapter 77 when the Almirante Ramirez comes around the corner of the ice island and faces the Rolvaag?
3. When McFarlane is on the phone with Lloyd in Chapter 49 he explains when the meteorite will be moved and learns about an impending problem for the expedition. McFarlane also senses that Lloyd is planning something. How will the meteorite be moved, what impending problem is coming, and what is Lloyd up to?
4. Palmer Lloyd was sent to his rooms like a bad boy and was filled with anger toward Glinn. What changes his mind in Chapter 58? What does Lloyd plan to do the next time he sees Glinn?
5. What does McFarlane learn about Amira's relationship with Glinn in Chapter 38 that sheds light on Glinn's personality?
6. What does Lloyd do when he first sees the meteorite? Who warns against this action? Why?
7. Where is the Rolvaag hit, as determined by Britton in Chapter 75? What does this damage suggest to Britton?
8. Why does Glinn gather his team and suggest they end the expedition in Chapter 35? Do they?
9. Why does McFarlane tell Britton in chapter 14 that he decided to study meteorites? What question does Britton ask McFarlane about this expedition?
10. What causes Glinn's death in Chapter 83? What fantasy does he have as he dies?
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)