|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 35, Glinn tells the team that the mass of the meteorite has been updated after the jack failure. What is the new estimated mass?
(a) Twenty-five hundred thousand tons.
(b) Twenty-five thousand pounds.
(c) Twenty-five hundred thousand pounds.
(d) Twenty-five thousand tons.
2. How much does Glinn say it will cost to determine if EES can recover the meteorite from Isla Desolacion in Chapter 7?
(a) One million dollars.
(b) One thousand dollars.
(c) One hundred thousand dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
3. What is the name of the channel where the Rolvaag lowers its anchor during the recovery of the meteorite?
(a) Jefferson Channel.
(b) Elizabeth Channel.
(c) Franklin Channel.
(d) Lincoln Channel.
4. In Chapter 42, how does Timmer find the door to the tunnel where the meteorite sits?
(a) He sees light beneath a keg of nails.
(b) He sees people milling around the open door.
(c) He sees the guard come from a steel door hidden under a insignificant worker's tent.
(d) He forces the guard to tell him before he kills him.
5. In Chapter 28, what item does Vallenar ask the man he is interviewing to give to him?
(a) A piece of raw gold.
(b) A copy of the Rolvaag's custom papers.
(c) A rock.
(d) A set of propellors.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Amira in Chapter 41, what is the look?
2. What role is Amira supposed to play while on the expedition?
3. In Chapter 28, how does Vallenar force the man he is interviewing to tell him the truth?
4. What did Nestor Masangkay call Isla Desolacion?
5. What is the name of the meteorite that caused the falling out between McFarlane and Masangkay?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does McFarlane tell Britton in chapter 14 that he decided to study meteorites? What question does Britton ask McFarlane about this expedition?
2. What does Glinn's company, Effective Engineering Solutions, Inc., do? What is their success record? Why does Lloyd hire them?
3. What does Dr. Brambell say caused Masangkay's death? How does this impact the expedition at this point?
4. What does McFarlane learn about Amira's relationship with Glinn in Chapter 38 that sheds light on Glinn's personality?
5. What does Lloyd do when he first sees the meteorite? Who warns against this action? Why?
6. What causes a near collision in Chapter 18 with the Rolvaag? What does this suggest about the dangers of the expedition?
7. What does McFarlane use to create a demonstration of what happens to the ground when a meteorite falls from the sky? Why does McFarlane put on this demonstration? What is the reaction of his audience?
8. What is being auction at a Christie's auction house in Chapter 3? What is unusual about the buyer?
9. Why does Glinn gather his team and suggest they end the expedition in Chapter 35? Do they?
10. Where does Glinn find Captain Britton? How does this pertain to her decision to take the job he has offered her?
This section contains 1,246 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)