|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How big does Garza believe the meteorite is as discussed in Chapter 31?
(a) Ten feet in diameter.
(b) Four feet in diameter.
(c) Twenty feet in diameter.
(d) Forty-two feet in diameter.
2. Why does Masangkay touch his find in Chapter 1?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He wants to take energy from it.
(c) He wants to lift it out of the ground.
(d) He wants to see if it is real.
3. Who has Glinn hired to change the outward appearance of the ship purchased for the recovery of the meteorite?
(a) Professional ship builders.
(b) Military camouflage experts.
(c) Hollywood Magic and Scenery.
(d) Industrial Light and Magic.
4. In Chapter 28, what item does Vallenar ask the man he is interviewing to give to him?
(a) A rock.
(b) A piece of raw gold.
(c) A copy of the Rolvaag's custom papers.
(d) A set of propellors.
5. How has Glinn disguised the labs to be used in the recovery of the meteorite?
(a) To look like shipping containers.
(b) To look like oil excavating equipment.
(c) To look like mining equipment.
(d) To look like a medical lab.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13 Glinn claims they have legal right to take the meteorite despite their desire to keep the meteorite secret. How is this true?
2. What is an island of stability?
3. In Chapter 35, Glinn tells the team that the mass of the meteorite has been updated after the jack failure. What is the new estimated mass?
4. In Chapter 38, McFarlane recognizes the twin fangs of Hanuxa as what geological formations?
5. What does McFarlane want to call the meteorite?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rochefort go into the tunnel with the jacked up meteorite in Chapter 34? What happens?
2. Why does McFarlane take the broken drill bit to the ship? What does he find on it? What does he decide to do next?
3. What proof in Chapter 30 do McFarlane and Amira get from Glinn that supports their theory that the meteorite is interstellar rather than having come from our solar system?
4. What strikes McFarlane as luxurious when he boards the Rolvaag for the first time? What is Glinn's explanation for this unexpected luxury?
5. What does a native man find on Isla Desolacion when paddles there in Chapter 2? What does he do about it?
6. What causes the computers on the island to fail? What is found in the tunnel with the meteorite?
7. Where does Glinn find Captain Britton? How does this pertain to her decision to take the job he has offered her?
8. What unusual findings do McFarlane and Glinn make when they remove Masangkay's body for study on the ship in Chapter 27?
9. What does Lloyd do when he first sees the meteorite? Who warns against this action? Why?
10. What does Dr. Brambell say caused Masangkay's death? How does this impact the expedition at this point?
This section contains 1,281 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)