|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 81, who does Lloyd threaten to kill with his bares hands should this person use the dead man switch?
2. In Chapter 57, why does Glinn feel the Rolvaag's actions against the Almirante Ramirez were justified?
(a) The Almirante Ramirez was not supposed to be in that channel anyway.
(b) The panteonero will sink the Almirante Ramirez, not their actions.
(c) The Almirante Ramirez's captain is acting outside his authority.
(d) The Almirante Ramirez fired first.
3. In Chapter 60, what happens in the seconds before the meteorite sets off yet another electrical surge?
(a) Someone touches the meteorite.
(b) The ship rolls.
(c) The hull breaks.
(d) The cradle fails.
4. In Chapter 61, what item does Glinn reveal he brought an entire case of on board the Rolvaag?
(a) White Wine.
(c) Red Wine.
5. In Chapter 60, how long does it take the crew to make most of the welds?
(a) Thirty-two minutes.
(b) Twenty-two minutes.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) Twelve minutes.
6. In Chapter 58, who does Lloyd give ultimate credit to for the success of the recovery of the meteorite?
7. In Chapter 77, what does Glinn express a desire to learn from Britton?
(c) Piano playing.
8. In Chapter 61, what type of ship does Lloyd hope is following them into international waters?
(a) An American military vessel.
(b) A merchant ship.
(c) An American tanker.
(d) A Chilean military vessel.
9. In Chapter 69, what does McFarlane hear in the cargo hold that helps him come to a conclusion as to what caused the meteorite to discharge electricity not only this one time, but every time?
(a) A hum from the meteorite itself.
(b) Cracking of the cradle's welds.
(d) People's voices.
10. In Chapter 57, whom does Glinn feel admires him for his actions?
11. In Chapter 76, what does Vallenar believe Captain Britton is attempting to do in the Ice Limit?
(b) Wait for reinforcements.
(c) Set him up for disaster.
(d) Dump the meteorite.
12. In Chapter 57, how does Glinn disable the Almirante Ramirez?
(a) By setting off explosive previously placed on the ship's screws.
(b) By sending a man to commandeer the bridge.
(c) By firing a weapon from the deck of the Rolvaag.
(d) By forcing it into the rocks along the cliff side of the Isla Desolacion.
13. In Chapter 78, who does Britton inform her officers to call for help?
(a) The Chilean military.
(b) The Peru government.
(c) The British Naval base on Georgia Island.
(d) The American Coast Guard.
14. In Chapter 60, what order is given to the work crew in regards to their interaction with the meteorite?
(a) Not to touch it.
(b) Not to damage it with the heat of the torches.
(c) Not to damage the cradle.
(d) Not to hit it with welding compound.
15. In Chapter 84, who took command of the Rolvaag's crew after Britton left the bridge?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 53, how long does it take for the meteorite to become settled on the tower that will lower it into the cargo hold?
2. What is the meaning of the term, dead in the water?
3. In Chapter 82, what one word does Britton utter each time the ship struggles against a new wave?
4. In Chapter 46, what slows the progress of the meteorite as it is moved from its previous location to the bluffs above the Rolvaag?
5. In Chapter 61, what happens to the bridge's computers as they watch the movement on radar of the ship in pursuit of the Rolvaag?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)