|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 60, who gets credit for keeping the cradle design simple in order to make the welding quick?
2. In Chapter 82, what one word does Britton utter each time the ship struggles against a new wave?
3. In Chapter 46, Britton expresses concern about having the meteorite on her ship. How does Glinn convince her to go forward with it?
(a) He asks her to trust him.
(b) He threatens to give a bad report to the child custody judge.
(c) He promises to pay her extra.
(d) He ignores her concerns.
4. In Chapter 48, what threat does Vallenar make when Glinn refuses to return Timmer to him?
(a) He will blow the Rolvaag out of the water.
(b) He will arrest Glinn.
(c) He will call in reinforcements.
(d) He will arrest Lloyd.
5. In Chapter 57, what does Glinn want Puppup to do?
(a) Direct the Rolvaag into an inner cove.
(b) Direct the Rolvaag safely through the reefs.
(c) Tell them where they can safely hide from the Almirante Ramirez.
(d) Radio Chilean authorities to force Vallenar to back off of them.
6. What does McFarlane tell Glinn in chapter 47 when he asks how safe the meteorite is?
(a) That it is dangerous and should be dropped into the sea at the first opportunity.
(b) That it is inert except when touched by a human hand.
(c) That it is inert except when touched with salt.
(d) That it is dangerous and never should be placed on the Rolvaag.
7. In Chapter 57, what weapons system does Glinn reveal he has placed on the Rolvaag?
(a) A McDonnell-Douglas Blackout Series Wide Band ECM.
(b) An McDonnell-Douglas Automatic Chaff Deploy System.
(c) A 9mm Deck Mounted Machine Gun.
(d) An Exocet missle launcher.
8. In Chapter 58, what did Lloyd do throughout the fight with the Almirante Ramirez?
(a) Called the Chilean government.
(b) Paced restlessly.
(d) Banged on the door, issuing orders.
9. In Chapter 48, why does Glinn visit the Almirante Ramirez?
(a) To distract him from the removal of Timmer's body from the island.
(b) To distract Vallenar from the dropping of the meteorite into the Rolvaag's hold.
(c) To distract him from the removal of gold mined from the island.
(d) To distract him from the Rolvaag's attempted escape from the channel.
10. In Chapter 78, how long can the Rolvaag expect to have auxiliary power?
(a) Fifteen hours.
(b) Twenty hours.
(c) Twenty-five hours.
(d) Three hours.
11. In Chapter 50, Vallenar learns he has been issued a second order to do what?
(a) Return to base.
(b) Arrest Glinn.
(c) Arrest Lloyd.
(d) Continue on his previous assignment.
12. In Chapter 58, who does Lloyd give ultimate credit to for the success of the recovery of the meteorite?
13. In Chapter 62, how many men did the Almirante Ramirez lose in the attempt to fix the propellers?
14. In Chapter 77, what does Britton see on the edge of the ice island above the Rolvaag?
(b) Falling ice.
(c) Military aircraft.
(d) Four of Glinn's men.
15. In Chapter 84, who took command of the Rolvaag's crew after Britton left the bridge?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 59, why is the box holding spare ship parts marked 40mm ordnance?
2. In Chapter 61, what item does Glinn reveal he brought an entire case of on board the Rolvaag?
3. In Chapter 52, why does Glinn have Lloyd locked in his suite on the Rolvaag?
4. In Chapter 57, what does Britton say she thinks of Glinn's mental state?
5. In Chapter 71, what item of jewelry does Amira ask to wear of McFarlane's in a moment of intimacy?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)