|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 80, where does Britton recall having seen a ship break its back?
(a) The Ice Limit.
(b) The Grand Banks.
(c) The Atlantic.
(d) Off the coast of Washington State.
2. In Chapter 76, what does Vallenar believe Captain Britton is attempting to do in the Ice Limit?
(b) Set him up for disaster.
(c) Wait for reinforcements.
(d) Dump the meteorite.
3. How long does it take to move the meteorite to the bluffs overlooking the Rolvaag?
(a) One week.
(b) Two days.
(c) One day.
(d) On month.
4. In Chapter 61, who does Glinn send to take care of the apparent discharge from the meteorite?
(a) Lloyd and Amira.
(b) McFarlane and Garza.
(c) McFarlane and Amira.
(d) Lloyd and McFarlane.
5. In Chapter 60, what happens in the seconds before the meteorite sets off yet another electrical surge?
(a) Someone touches the meteorite.
(b) The hull breaks.
(c) The cradle fails.
(d) The ship rolls.
6. In Chapter 60, who is in charge of the team sent to finish the welds on the meteorite's cradle?
7. In Chapter 58, what did Lloyd do throughout the fight with the Almirante Ramirez?
(b) Called the Chilean government.
(c) Banged on the door, issuing orders.
(d) Paced restlessly.
8. In Chapter 46, what event keeps Glinn and his scientists from understanding why the meteorite appears to kill when touched?
(a) McFarlane's touch of the meteorite the day it was first uncovered.
(b) Lloyd's touch of the meteorite when it was first uncovered.
(c) The lightening that clearly killed Masangkay.
(d) The bomb that must have killed Vallenar's man.
9. In Chapter 78, what happens each time the Rolvaag rolls against the waves?
(a) The ship rolls over on its side.
(b) The ship sinks deeper into the ocean.
(c) The ship vibrates in the center, threatening to rip in two.
(d) The ship tips forward too far.
10. What are Willey Peters?
(a) Yellow phosphorus used in chemical warfare.
(d) White phosphorus used to light up a dark sea.
11. In Chapter 52, why does Glinn have Lloyd locked in his suite on the Rolvaag?
(a) He attempts to call the Chilean government for help.
(b) He attempts to overrule Britton's control of the bridge.
(c) He refuses to pay Glinn for his services.
(d) He attempts to interfere in Glinn's plan for the Almirante Ramirez.
12. In Chapter 70, what is Vallenar's greatest fear as the waves begin to take their toll on his ship?
(a) He will not see his son again.
(b) He will die.
(c) He will not be able to complete his mission.
(d) He will not be able to retrieve the meteorite for Chile.
13. In Chapter 51, what does the Almirante Ramirez do that causes tension on the Rolvaag's bridge?
(a) Fires with a machine gun.
(b) Locks on weapons.
(c) Fires a missle.
(d) Moves to block the only exit to the channel.
14. In Chapter 58, who does Lloyd give ultimate credit to for the success of the recovery of the meteorite?
15. In Chapter 80, what does Britton discover missing from the main deck?
(a) Most of the maindeck.
(b) All of the crew assigned to the area.
(c) All the mining equipment.
(d) Most of the containers and several davits.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 69, what are investigators looking at in an attempt to find out what happened to cause the meteorite to discharge electricity in the cargo hold?
2. In Chapter 77, what does Britton see on the edge of the ice island above the Rolvaag?
3. In Chapter 83, what order does Britton give Garza that Glinn countermands?
4. What is the cradle where the meteorite is to sit in the ship designed for?
5. In Chapter 57, how does Glinn disable the Almirante Ramirez?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)