Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 48, what threat does Vallenar make when Glinn refuses to return Timmer to him?
(a) He will call in reinforcements.
(b) He will blow the Rolvaag out of the water.
(c) He will arrest Glinn.
(d) He will arrest Lloyd.
2. In Chapter 84, what is happening to the life boats that causes concern to the survivors?
(a) They begin to move back toward the Ice Limit.
(b) They become exposed to the cold.
(c) They begin taking on water.
(d) They begin to deflat.
3. In Chapter 59, why is the box holding spare ship parts marked 40mm ordnance?
(a) To hide it from corrupt officials in the Navy Yard.
(b) To hide it from the crew.
(c) To hide it from hijackers.
(d) To hide it from thieves.
4. In Chapter 77, what does Britton see on the edge of the ice island above the Rolvaag?
(a) Falling ice.
(b) Military aircraft.
(c) Four of Glinn's men.
5. In Chapter 60, who gets credit for keeping the cradle design simple in order to make the welding quick?
6. In Chapter 56, why does Vallenar think the Rolvaag is still moored to the cliffs despite the incoming storm?
(a) Chilean rebells landed ont he ship and took it over.
(b) Timmer has commandeered the ship.
(c) A helicopter crashed and took out the helm controls.
(d) Glinn has gone insane.
7. In Chapter 59, why does Vallenar request a team of six go into the water to repair the propellers?
(a) At least that many are necessary to remove the old propellers.
(b) At least one of them will live long enough to finish the job.
(c) It takes six to lift the heavy propellers.
(d) It takes six to bolt the propeller to the ship.
8. In Chapter 80, where does Britton recall having seen a ship break its back?
(a) The Atlantic.
(b) Off the coast of Washington State.
(c) The Ice Limit.
(d) The Grand Banks.
9. In Chapter 81, who does Lloyd threaten to kill with his bares hands should this person use the dead man switch?
10. In Chapter 69, what does Amira suggest set off the electrical charge?
(a) Nothing, it did not happen.
(b) Someone touched it.
(c) Nothing, it was random.
(d) Someone hit it with the heat of a torch.
11. What is the cradle where the meteorite is to sit in the ship designed for?
(a) To keep the meteorite from being damaged.
(b) To keep the meteorite from crushing someone.
(c) To keep the meteorite from releasing a jolt of electricity.
(d) To keep the meteorite from shifting.
12. In Chapter 60, what order is given to the work crew in regards to their interaction with the meteorite?
(a) Not to touch it.
(b) Not to damage it with the heat of the torches.
(c) Not to hit it with welding compound.
(d) Not to damage the cradle.
13. In Chapter 55, what part of the ship does Britton report has hit the edge of the bluff?
(a) The tower holding the meteorite.
(b) The crane on deck.
(c) The hull.
(d) The aft shipping containers.
14. In Chapter 81, what reason does McFarlane believe it was a mistake to take the meteorite to sea?
(a) It is dangerous to the ship and crew.
(b) It is a danger to the eco system of the earth.
(c) It has caused the Rolvaag's current situation.
(d) If it leaves the ship it will never be recoverable again.
15. In Chapter 84, who took command of the Rolvaag's crew after Britton left the bridge?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 59, what orders does Vallenar believe his men are awaiting?
2. In Chapter 66, why does a man on the Almirante Ramirez refuses a direct order?
3. In Chapter 57, what does Glinn want Puppup to do?
4. In Chapter 44, Glinn says that the meteorite has confounded all EES expectations. What does Glinn recommend they do now?
5. In Chapter 62, how many men did the Almirante Ramirez lose in the attempt to fix the propellers?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)