|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 61, who does Glinn send to take care of the apparent discharge from the meteorite?
(a) Lloyd and Amira.
(b) Lloyd and McFarlane.
(c) McFarlane and Garza.
(d) McFarlane and Amira.
2. In Chapter 83, who accompanies Glinn to the abandoned cargo hold?
3. In Chapter 62, how many men did the Almirante Ramirez lose in the attempt to fix the propellers?
4. In Chapter 55, what part of the ship does Britton report has hit the edge of the bluff?
(a) The tower holding the meteorite.
(b) The hull.
(c) The crane on deck.
(d) The aft shipping containers.
5. In Chapter 44, what does Glinn instruct his men to ask Britton to send to the staging area?
(a) Medical supplies.
(c) A generator.
(d) A radio.
6. In Chapter 51, Glinn reveals that EES controls what vital component of the Rolvaag?
(a) The computer system.
(b) The engine room.
(c) The propellers.
(d) The radar system.
7. In Chapter 44, Glinn says that the meteorite has confounded all EES expectations. What does Glinn recommend they do now?
(a) Call in reinforcements.
(b) Continue with caution.
(c) Abort the project.
(d) Ask for help from another meteorite expert.
8. In Chapter 44, Glinn calls what person to inform them on the current situation?
(a) Lloyd's secretary.
(d) Chilean officials.
9. In Chapter 73, what failure does Garza report will cause the meteorite to eventually break free of its cradle?
(a) Failure of mulitple welds at once.
(b) Failure of the hull along the sides of the cargo hold.
(c) Failure of critical point welds.
(d) Failure of the tarps enclosing the meteorite.
10. In Chapter 53 Britton realizes Glinn is using what feature of the ship to help raise the ship to the level of the bluff in order to move the meteorite onto the tower built out of the cargo hold to safely lower the meteorite into the ship?
(a) The ballists.
(b) The air tanks on the outside of the ship.
(c) The lower levels of the ship.
(d) The oil tanks in the center of the ship.
11. In Chapter 81, what reason does McFarlane believe it was a mistake to take the meteorite to sea?
(a) If it leaves the ship it will never be recoverable again.
(b) It has caused the Rolvaag's current situation.
(c) It is a danger to the eco system of the earth.
(d) It is dangerous to the ship and crew.
12. In Chapter 61, what item does Glinn reveal he brought an entire case of on board the Rolvaag?
(a) Red Wine.
(b) White Wine.
13. What is the cradle where the meteorite is to sit in the ship designed for?
(a) To keep the meteorite from being damaged.
(b) To keep the meteorite from releasing a jolt of electricity.
(c) To keep the meteorite from crushing someone.
(d) To keep the meteorite from shifting.
14. In Chapter 46, what slows the progress of the meteorite as it is moved from its previous location to the bluffs above the Rolvaag?
(a) The snow field.
(b) Vallenar's men.
(c) Glinn's orders.
(d) A broken machine.
15. In Chapter 84, who took command of the Rolvaag's crew after Britton left the bridge?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of the term, dead in the water?
2. In Chapter 51, what does the Almirante Ramirez do that causes tension on the Rolvaag's bridge?
3. In Chapter 57, what weapons system does Glinn reveal he has placed on the Rolvaag?
4. In Chapter 84, what is happening to the life boats that causes concern to the survivors?
5. In Chapter 46, what event keeps Glinn and his scientists from understanding why the meteorite appears to kill when touched?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)