|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 80, why does Glinn refuse to entertain the idea that the meteorite's cradle could fail?
(a) It is made of diamonds, the hardest substance on earth.
(b) Double overage.
(c) It is made of steel.
(d) He cannot fail.
2. In Chapter 77, what does Britton believe will happen once the Rolvaag stops moving forward?
(a) They will sink.
(b) They will be forced to surrender.
(c) It will be dead in the water.
(d) It will be able to successfully hide from the Almirante Ramirez.
3. In Chapter 70, what is Vallenar's greatest fear as the waves begin to take their toll on his ship?
(a) He will not be able to complete his mission.
(b) He will not be able to retrieve the meteorite for Chile.
(c) He will die.
(d) He will not see his son again.
4. In Chapter 71, why can McFarlane not use his hand held radio to contact the bridge?
(a) The interference from salt water.
(b) It could disrupt the computer systems on the bridge.
(c) Radio transmission disruption from the meteorite.
(d) The thickness of the ship's hull.
5. In Chapter 56, why does Vallenar think the Rolvaag is still moored to the cliffs despite the incoming storm?
(a) A helicopter crashed and took out the helm controls.
(b) Timmer has commandeered the ship.
(c) Glinn has gone insane.
(d) Chilean rebells landed ont he ship and took it over.
6. In Chapter 62, how many men did the Almirante Ramirez lose in the attempt to fix the propellers?
7. In Chapter 84, who took command of the Rolvaag's crew after Britton left the bridge?
8. In Chapter 74, what prevents the Rolvaag from hiding as it enters the Ice Limit?
(a) The size of the Rolvaag.
(b) Lack of ice.
(c) The Almirante Ramirez is too close.
(d) Bright light.
9. In Chapter 73, what failure does Garza report will cause the meteorite to eventually break free of its cradle?
(a) Failure of critical point welds.
(b) Failure of mulitple welds at once.
(c) Failure of the hull along the sides of the cargo hold.
(d) Failure of the tarps enclosing the meteorite.
10. In Chapter 72, what does Britton believe finally proved Glinn human?
(a) Being wrong.
(b) Bleeding in an accident.
(c) Admitting to his affection for her.
(d) Knowing more than everyone else.
11. In Chapter 61, what type of job does Lloyd decide he will offer Puppup at the Lloyd Museum?
(a) Transportation or maintenance.
(b) Security or janitorial.
(c) Security or maintenance.
(d) Administration or transportation.
12. In Chapter 61, who does Glinn send to take care of the apparent discharge from the meteorite?
(a) McFarlane and Amira.
(b) Lloyd and McFarlane.
(c) McFarlane and Garza.
(d) Lloyd and Amira.
13. How long does it take to move the meteorite to the bluffs overlooking the Rolvaag?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) On month.
(d) Two days.
14. In Chapter 57, what weapons system does Glinn reveal he has placed on the Rolvaag?
(a) A 9mm Deck Mounted Machine Gun.
(b) A McDonnell-Douglas Blackout Series Wide Band ECM.
(c) An Exocet missle launcher.
(d) An McDonnell-Douglas Automatic Chaff Deploy System.
15. In Chapter 83, who accompanies Glinn to the abandoned cargo hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 45, Glinn makes a comment about the mysterious dead man in Spanish. What does this statement suggest to both McFarlane and the reader?
2. In Chapter 53 Britton realizes Glinn is using what feature of the ship to help raise the ship to the level of the bluff in order to move the meteorite onto the tower built out of the cargo hold to safely lower the meteorite into the ship?
3. In Chapter 58, what did Lloyd do throughout the fight with the Almirante Ramirez?
4. In Chapter 57, what does Glinn want Puppup to do?
5. What are Willey Peters?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)