|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 84, what is happening to the life boats that causes concern to the survivors?
(a) They become exposed to the cold.
(b) They begin to deflat.
(c) They begin to move back toward the Ice Limit.
(d) They begin taking on water.
2. In Chapter 61, who does Glinn send to take care of the apparent discharge from the meteorite?
(a) Lloyd and Amira.
(b) Lloyd and McFarlane.
(c) McFarlane and Garza.
(d) McFarlane and Amira.
3. In Chapter 57, what weapons system does Glinn reveal he has placed on the Rolvaag?
(a) An Exocet missle launcher.
(b) A 9mm Deck Mounted Machine Gun.
(c) An McDonnell-Douglas Automatic Chaff Deploy System.
(d) A McDonnell-Douglas Blackout Series Wide Band ECM.
4. In Chapter 58, who does Lloyd give ultimate credit to for the success of the recovery of the meteorite?
5. In Chapter 77, what does Glinn express a desire to learn from Britton?
(b) Piano playing.
6. In Chapter 57, what does Glinn want Puppup to do?
(a) Direct the Rolvaag into an inner cove.
(b) Direct the Rolvaag safely through the reefs.
(c) Tell them where they can safely hide from the Almirante Ramirez.
(d) Radio Chilean authorities to force Vallenar to back off of them.
7. In Chapter 57, what does Britton say she thinks of Glinn's mental state?
(a) That he is highly intelligent.
(b) That he is insane.
(c) That he is the sanest man she knows.
(d) That he is manic depressive.
8. In Chapter 44, Glinn calls what person to inform them on the current situation?
(c) Chilean officials.
(d) Lloyd's secretary.
9. In Chapter 80, where does Britton recall having seen a ship break its back?
(a) The Atlantic.
(b) The Ice Limit.
(c) Off the coast of Washington State.
(d) The Grand Banks.
10. In Chapter 51, what does Britton say she will not allow on board her vessel?
(c) Glinn's thugs.
(d) The meteorite.
11. In Chapter 60, what order is given to the work crew in regards to their interaction with the meteorite?
(a) Not to hit it with welding compound.
(b) Not to touch it.
(c) Not to damage it with the heat of the torches.
(d) Not to damage the cradle.
12. In Chapter 78, what happens each time the Rolvaag rolls against the waves?
(a) The ship vibrates in the center, threatening to rip in two.
(b) The ship tips forward too far.
(c) The ship rolls over on its side.
(d) The ship sinks deeper into the ocean.
13. In Chapter 61, what type of job does Lloyd decide he will offer Puppup at the Lloyd Museum?
(a) Transportation or maintenance.
(b) Security or maintenance.
(c) Security or janitorial.
(d) Administration or transportation.
14. In Chapter 57, whom does Glinn feel admires him for his actions?
15. In Chapter 48, what threat does Vallenar make when Glinn refuses to return Timmer to him?
(a) He will arrest Lloyd.
(b) He will call in reinforcements.
(c) He will blow the Rolvaag out of the water.
(d) He will arrest Glinn.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 77, what does Britton believe will happen once the Rolvaag stops moving forward?
2. In Chapter 48, why does Glinn visit the Almirante Ramirez?
3. In Chapter 84, where do the survivors take refuge from the sea?
4. In Chapter 59, what orders does Vallenar believe his men are awaiting?
5. In Chapter 69, what does Amira suggest set off the electrical charge?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)