|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 84, where do the survivors take refuge from the sea?
(a) The top of an ice island.
(b) Inside the abandoned Almirante Ramirez.
(c) An abandoned island.
(d) Along the side of the Rolvaag.
2. In Chapter 53 Britton realizes Glinn is using what feature of the ship to help raise the ship to the level of the bluff in order to move the meteorite onto the tower built out of the cargo hold to safely lower the meteorite into the ship?
(a) The oil tanks in the center of the ship.
(b) The lower levels of the ship.
(c) The air tanks on the outside of the ship.
(d) The ballists.
3. In Chapter 82, what one word does Britton utter each time the ship struggles against a new wave?
4. In Chapter 66, why does a man on the Almirante Ramirez refuses a direct order?
(a) He believes Vallenar is working outside his authorization.
(b) He believes they should be sailing faster.
(c) He does not like Vallenar.
(d) He believes Vallenar killed several crewmembers without good cause.
5. In Chapter 78, who does Britton inform her officers to call for help?
(a) The British Naval base on Georgia Island.
(b) The Peru government.
(c) The American Coast Guard.
(d) The Chilean military.
6. In Chapter 63, who is the first person interviewed in the investigation into the discharge of the meteorite?
7. In Chapter 59, how long does Vallenar believe he has before his ship is forced into the reefs beyond Isla Deceit?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) One hour.
(d) Two hours.
8. In Chapter 65, what does Glinn realize the Almirante Ramirez has really done?
(a) Forced them to surrender.
(b) Forced them to drop the meteorite.
(c) Trapped them against a reef.
(d) Blocked off all means of escape.
9. In Chapter 46, what event keeps Glinn and his scientists from understanding why the meteorite appears to kill when touched?
(a) The lightening that clearly killed Masangkay.
(b) Lloyd's touch of the meteorite when it was first uncovered.
(c) McFarlane's touch of the meteorite the day it was first uncovered.
(d) The bomb that must have killed Vallenar's man.
10. In Chapter 77, what does Britton see on the edge of the ice island above the Rolvaag?
(a) Falling ice.
(b) Four of Glinn's men.
(d) Military aircraft.
11. In Chapter 61, who does Glinn send to take care of the apparent discharge from the meteorite?
(a) McFarlane and Garza.
(b) McFarlane and Amira.
(c) Lloyd and Amira.
(d) Lloyd and McFarlane.
12. How long does it take to move the meteorite to the bluffs overlooking the Rolvaag?
(a) Two days.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) On month.
13. In Chapter 57, what weapons system does Glinn reveal he has placed on the Rolvaag?
(a) An McDonnell-Douglas Automatic Chaff Deploy System.
(b) A McDonnell-Douglas Blackout Series Wide Band ECM.
(c) An Exocet missle launcher.
(d) A 9mm Deck Mounted Machine Gun.
14. In Chapter 80, what does Britton discover missing from the main deck?
(a) Most of the containers and several davits.
(b) All of the crew assigned to the area.
(c) Most of the maindeck.
(d) All the mining equipment.
15. In Chapter 62, how many men did the Almirante Ramirez lose in the attempt to fix the propellers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Willey Peters?
2. In Chapter 60, what happens in the seconds before the meteorite sets off yet another electrical surge?
3. In Chapter 54, who does Lloyd think is the only person who can get the meteorite out of Chile?
4. In Chapter 60, who gets credit for keeping the cradle design simple in order to make the welding quick?
5. In Chapter 51, what does the Almirante Ramirez do that causes tension on the Rolvaag's bridge?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)