|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rochefort manually release on the jacks in Chapter 34?
(a) The clasp connecting the jacks to the meteorite.
(b) The power cables.
(c) The computer control.
(d) The hydraulic valves.
2. In Chapter 39, what does the letter Vallenar reads tell him about the Rolvaag's mining expedition on Isla Desolacion?
(a) They are not mining for gas.
(b) They are searching for silver.
(c) They are searching for oil.
(d) They are not searching for gold.
3. What is the name of the meteorite that caused the falling out between McFarlane and Masangkay?
(a) Tornarssuk Meteorite.
(b) Monty's Meteorite.
(c) MasanFarlane Meteorite.
(d) Chilean Meteorite.
4. In Chapter 31, Rochefort tells McFarlane they have placed what percentage of extra jacks under the meteorite?
(a) Fifty percent.
(b) Forty percent.
(c) Ninety percent.
(d) Ten percent.
5. What does McFarlane want to call the meteorite?
(a) EES meteorite.
(b) Masangkay meteorite.
(c) McFarlane meteorite.
(d) MasanFarlane meteorite.
6. What does the team initially use, as seen in Chapter 23, to remove the dirt over the top of the meteorite?
(d) Back hoes.
7. How does Glinn plan to keep the meteorite stable during travel?
(a) By wrapping it plastic.
(b) By tying it down with cargo straps.
(c) By placing it in a cradle.
(d) By placing it in a shipping container.
8. What is the name of the channel where the Rolvaag lowers its anchor during the recovery of the meteorite?
(a) Jefferson Channel.
(b) Lincoln Channel.
(c) Franklin Channel.
(d) Elizabeth Channel.
9. How big does Garza believe the meteorite is as discussed in Chapter 31?
(a) Forty-two feet in diameter.
(b) Four feet in diameter.
(c) Ten feet in diameter.
(d) Twenty feet in diameter.
10. In Chapter 39, Vallenar reads a letter from what type of scientist?
(a) A chemist.
(b) A medical researcher.
(c) A geologist.
(d) A meteorologist.
11. In Chapter 30, McFarlane says tests on a sample of the meteorite will reveal what properties?
(a) Electrical, chemical, and physical.
(b) Physical, chemical, and electron configuration.
(c) Electron configuration, chemical, and atomic radius.
(d) Electrical and chemical only.
12. What happens in Chapter 33 when Glinn orders the power stopped to all the jacks under the meteorite?
(a) The jacks drop the meteorite.
(b) The jacks fail.
(c) The jacks fall too quickly.
(d) The jacks lock up.
13. How much does Glinn tell Lloyd he will charge to complete the recovery of the meteorite from the Isla Desolacion in Chapter 8?
(a) Three hundred fifty million dollars.
(b) One hundred fifty million dollars.
(c) One hundred million dollars.
(d) Three hundred million dollars.
14. Who does McFarlane and Amira see jogging in foul weather on the deck of the Rolvaag in Chapter 20?
15. In Chapter 29, what does Amira say Glinn hates?
(a) Hard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 36, Glinn claims his great-great-great grandfather kidnapped what relative of Puppup's?
2. In Chapter 13 Glinn claims they have legal right to take the meteorite despite their desire to keep the meteorite secret. How is this true?
3. In Chapter 28, how does Vallenar force the man he is interviewing to tell him the truth?
4. What drink has been banned from the Rolvaag?
5. Where does Glinn ask to meet McFarlane in Chapter 20?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)