|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 39, who does Vallenar wish to interrogate about the actions of the Americans on the Rolvaag?
(d) The custom officials.
2. In Chapter 9, what author does Britton quote before she leaves Glinn?
(a) Stephen King.
(b) Edgar Allen Poe.
(c) T.S. Eliot.
(d) W.H. Auden.
3. In Chapter 31, Rochefort tells McFarlane they have placed what percentage of extra jacks under the meteorite?
(a) Forty percent.
(b) Ten percent.
(c) Fifty percent.
(d) Ninety percent.
4. In Chapter 29, what does Amira say Glinn hates?
(b) Hard work.
5. In Chapter 39, what does the letter Vallenar reads tell him about the Rolvaag's mining expedition on Isla Desolacion?
(a) They are searching for silver.
(b) They are not mining for gas.
(c) They are searching for oil.
(d) They are not searching for gold.
6. What is Brambell doing in Chapter 32 that he is forced to put aside to conduct the examination of Masangkay's remains?
(b) Watching television.
7. In Chapter 31, McFarlane claims the meteorite is like what element?
(a) Transition elements.
(c) Alkali metals.
(d) Noble gas.
8. Who does Puppup believe is responsible for the deaths of Evans, Rochefort, and Masangkay?
9. What happens in Chapter 33 when Glinn has the power to the hydraulic jacks brought up to seventy percent?
(a) The meteorite tips over.
(b) The meteorite moves too quickly.
(d) The meteorite rises six centimeters.
10. In Chapter 30, McFarlane says tests on a sample of the meteorite will reveal what properties?
(a) Electrical and chemical only.
(b) Electrical, chemical, and physical.
(c) Physical, chemical, and electron configuration.
(d) Electron configuration, chemical, and atomic radius.
11. Where did Wilson Atcitty find a large bone protruding from a sandstone wall as described in Chapter 3?
(a) In Chile.
(b) In Alaska.
(c) On the border of California and Mexico.
(d) On the Arizona-New Mexico border.
12. What does Lloyd want to call the meteorite?
(a) Chilean meteorite.
(b) Rolvaag meteorite.
(c) Lloyd meteorite.
(d) Desolation meteorite.
13. What does McFarlane want to call the meteorite?
(a) McFarlane meteorite.
(b) MasanFarlane meteorite.
(c) Masangkay meteorite.
(d) EES meteorite.
14. What does Rochefort manually release on the jacks in Chapter 34?
(a) The clasp connecting the jacks to the meteorite.
(b) The power cables.
(c) The hydraulic valves.
(d) The computer control.
15. What is Nestor Masangkay looking for on Isla Desolacion?
(a) A meteorite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the team initially use, as seen in Chapter 23, to remove the dirt over the top of the meteorite?
2. What is an island of stability?
3. What famous assassination are Glinn's team reenacting when McFarlane arrives at EES's offices in Chapter 6?
4. What drink has been banned from the Rolvaag?
5. What is the 'night lunch' mentioned in Chapter 11?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)