|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13 Glinn claims they have legal right to take the meteorite despite their desire to keep the meteorite secret. How is this true?
(a) Chile does not own the island, the Yaghan Indians do.
(b) Meteorites belong to whoever recovers them first.
(c) Meteorites, no matter where they are located, are owned by the American government.
(d) Glinn and team have mining claims to the island.
2. What was Glinn attempting to secure during his military career that caused the loss of his entire team, minus himself and Garza, as Amira tells it in Chapter 11?
(a) A military camp.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A village.
(d) A hill.
3. In Chapter 30, McFarlane says tests on a sample of the meteorite will reveal what properties?
(a) Physical, chemical, and electron configuration.
(b) Electron configuration, chemical, and atomic radius.
(c) Electrical and chemical only.
(d) Electrical, chemical, and physical.
4. In Chapter 42, what covers the sounds of Timmer's approach as he infiltrates the perimeter of the staging area?
(a) Voices in the staging area.
(b) Music from the staging area.
(c) Sand on the ground.
(d) An impending storm.
5. Who does Glinn reveal has the only key to the dead man switch in Chapter 13?
(a) Glinn, McFarlane, and Amira.
(b) Glinn, McFarlane, and Howell.
(c) Glinn, Rochefort, and Garza.
(d) Glinn, Lloyd, and Britton.
6. Who does McFarlane and Amira see jogging in foul weather on the deck of the Rolvaag in Chapter 20?
7. What is Christie's, the setting of Chapter 3?
(a) A museum.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) An auction house.
(d) A department store.
8. Who, in Chapter 12, makes the loudest objection to the banned beverage?
9. Where did Wilson Atcitty find a large bone protruding from a sandstone wall as described in Chapter 3?
(a) In Chile.
(b) On the border of California and Mexico.
(c) In Alaska.
(d) On the Arizona-New Mexico border.
10. What does McFarlane do to Masangkay's remains in Chapter 22?
(a) Buries them.
(b) Covers them with rocks.
(c) Leaves them exposed to the elements.
(d) Gathers them together to take back to the ship.
11. In Chapter 31, Rochefort tells McFarlane they have placed what percentage of extra jacks under the meteorite?
(a) Ten percent.
(b) Ninety percent.
(c) Fifty percent.
(d) Forty percent.
12. In Chapter 41, what does Garza call the plan that they intend to use to move the meteorite from the staging site to the bluffs above the Rolvaag?
(a) Run and hide.
(b) Cut and cover.
(c) Cover and run.
(d) Hide and dash.
13. What state does the meteorite become when it reaches its melting point?
14. Who does Puppup believe is responsible for the deaths of Evans, Rochefort, and Masangkay?
15. In Chapter 39, who does Vallenar wish to interrogate about the actions of the Americans on the Rolvaag?
(c) The custom officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like in Chapter 1 as Masangkay unearths part of his find?
2. What is the name of the meteorite that caused the falling out between McFarlane and Masangkay?
3. What illness does Puppup claim killed his wife in Chapter 36?
4. Who has Glinn hired to change the outward appearance of the ship purchased for the recovery of the meteorite?
5. In Chapter 38, Amira tells McFarlane that she collected what unusual arachnid?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)