|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 30, McFarlane says tests on a sample of the meteorite will reveal what properties?
(a) Electrical, chemical, and physical.
(b) Electron configuration, chemical, and atomic radius.
(c) Physical, chemical, and electron configuration.
(d) Electrical and chemical only.
2. What does Masangkay find using his electromagnetic tomographic sounder?
(d) A meteorite.
3. What happens in Chapter 33 when Glinn has the power to the hydraulic jacks brought up to seventy percent?
(a) The meteorite rises six centimeters.
(c) The meteorite tips over.
(d) The meteorite moves too quickly.
4. What is Nestor Masangkay looking for on Isla Desolacion?
(c) A meteorite.
5. In Chapter 31, Rochefort tells McFarlane they have placed what percentage of extra jacks under the meteorite?
(a) Forty percent.
(b) Fifty percent.
(c) Ten percent.
(d) Ninety percent.
6. What is Brambell doing in Chapter 32 that he is forced to put aside to conduct the examination of Masangkay's remains?
(c) Watching television.
7. In Chapter 29, what does Amira say Glinn hates?
(c) Hard work.
8. What does Glinn provide in Chapter 23 to help christen the meteorite?
(b) Carbonated apple juice.
9. What is the weather like in Chapter 1 as Masangkay unearths part of his find?
10. What meal does McFarlane recall in Chapter 22 that Masangkay attempted to share with him five years previously as they hid from armored trucks in a foreign country?
(a) Ramen noodles.
(b) Cold sandwiches.
11. How does Glinn plan to keep the meteorite stable during travel?
(a) By placing it in a shipping container.
(b) By wrapping it plastic.
(c) By tying it down with cargo straps.
(d) By placing it in a cradle.
12. What natural landmark marks the area where Masangkay made his camp?
(a) A large boulder.
(b) A valley in the snowfield.
(c) A huge oak tree.
(d) A small pine tree.
13. How big does Garza believe the meteorite is as discussed in Chapter 31?
(a) Forty-two feet in diameter.
(b) Twenty feet in diameter.
(c) Four feet in diameter.
(d) Ten feet in diameter.
14. In Chapter 42, what damage to the cart beneath the meteorite makes McFarlane believe the disturbance was an electrical arc rather than a bomb?
(a) Damage to the bottom of the meteorite.
(b) Melted metal and burning tires.
(c) Damage to the inside of the tunnel.
(d) Melted rock and a burning corpse.
15. What is a dead man switch?
(a) A switch to remove casualties of an accident quickly.
(b) A switch to sink the ship should their mission be discovered.
(c) A ejection switch to quickly remove the meteorite in an emergency.
(d) A switch to cut power to the bridge in an emergency.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Glinn say it will cost to determine if EES can recover the meteorite from Isla Desolacion in Chapter 7?
2. What is the profession of the man Vallenar interviews in Chapter 28?
3. What does McFarlane do to Masangkay's remains in Chapter 22?
4. In Chapter 36, Glinn claims his great-great-great grandfather kidnapped what relative of Puppup's?
5. In Chapter 39, what does the letter Vallenar reads tell him about the Rolvaag's mining expedition on Isla Desolacion?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)