|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does McFarlane want to call the meteorite?
(a) Masangkay meteorite.
(b) McFarlane meteorite.
(c) MasanFarlane meteorite.
(d) EES meteorite.
2. Who does McFarlane and Amira see jogging in foul weather on the deck of the Rolvaag in Chapter 20?
3. Why does Vallenar dislike disposable razors as discussed in Chapter 28?
(a) Two blades are a waste when one is good enough. It is typical of American inventions.
(b) They are cheap.
(c) They do not shave closely enough.
(d) Two blades are not enough to give a good shave.
4. What does Glinn provide in Chapter 23 to help christen the meteorite?
(a) Carbonated apple juice.
5. What does Masangkay find using his electromagnetic tomographic sounder?
(c) A meteorite.
6. What state does the meteorite become when it reaches its melting point?
7. In Chapter 29, what does Amira say Glinn hates?
(a) Hard work.
8. What is the melting point of the meteorite?
(a) One point two million degrees Kelvin.
(b) One point two degrees Kelvin.
(c) One point two thousand degrees Kelvin.
(d) One point two hundred degrees Kelvin.
9. For what reason is it revealed in Chapter 9 Captain Britton went to rehab?
(d) Illegal drugs.
10. Why does Glinn tell Britton in Chapter 18 that they should not worry about Vallenar?
(a) He has no authority over them.
(b) No one respects him enough to care about his opinion.
(c) No one believed him.
(d) He is just a crazy old man.
11. How much does Garza believe the meteorite weighs as discussed in Chapter 31?
(a) Ten thousand pounds.
(b) Ten thousand ounces.
(c) Ten hundred thousand tons.
(d) Ten thousand tons.
12. What happens in Chapter 33 when Glinn orders the power stopped to all the jacks under the meteorite?
(a) The jacks fail.
(b) The jacks drop the meteorite.
(c) The jacks lock up.
(d) The jacks fall too quickly.
13. How has Glinn disguised the labs to be used in the recovery of the meteorite?
(a) To look like oil excavating equipment.
(b) To look like shipping containers.
(c) To look like a medical lab.
(d) To look like mining equipment.
14. What does Amira claim uses more calories than jogging?
(a) Heart cells.
(d) Brain cells.
15. What color is the meteorite when it is finally exposed in Chapter 24?
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink has been banned from the Rolvaag?
2. In Chapter 39, who does Vallenar wish to interrogate about the actions of the Americans on the Rolvaag?
3. Who is the author of the story mentioned in Chapter 12, 'Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket'?
4. What does McFarlane do to Masangkay's remains in Chapter 22?
5. What unsettling thing does Vallenar do to the Rolvaag in Chapter 36?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)