|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the melting point of the meteorite?
(a) One point two degrees Kelvin.
(b) One point two thousand degrees Kelvin.
(c) One point two million degrees Kelvin.
(d) One point two hundred degrees Kelvin.
2. In Chapter 41, what does Garza call the plan that they intend to use to move the meteorite from the staging site to the bluffs above the Rolvaag?
(a) Run and hide.
(b) Cover and run.
(c) Cut and cover.
(d) Hide and dash.
3. What meal does McFarlane recall in Chapter 22 that Masangkay attempted to share with him five years previously as they hid from armored trucks in a foreign country?
(b) Ramen noodles.
(c) Cold sandwiches.
4. In Chapter 38, McFarlane recognizes the twin fangs of Hanuxa as what geological formations?
(a) Debris from platonic activity.
(b) Eroded boulders.
(c) Ancient man-made structures.
(d) Volcanic plugs.
5. What happens in Chapter 33 when Glinn has the power to the hydraulic jacks brought up to seventy percent?
(a) The meteorite tips over.
(b) The meteorite rises six centimeters.
(c) The meteorite moves too quickly.
6. In Chapter 39, who does Vallenar wish to interrogate about the actions of the Americans on the Rolvaag?
(a) The custom officials.
7. Why does Masangkay touch his find in Chapter 1?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He wants to see if it is real.
(c) He wants to lift it out of the ground.
(d) He wants to take energy from it.
8. What is an electromagnetic tomographic sounder?
(a) A machine used to dig in isolated areas.
(b) A machine used to measure earthquakes.
(c) A machine used to find magnetic activity under the groun.
(d) A machine used to see underneath the earth without digging.
9. How does Glinn plan to keep the meteorite stable during travel?
(a) By placing it in a cradle.
(b) By placing it in a shipping container.
(c) By tying it down with cargo straps.
(d) By wrapping it plastic.
10. In Chapter 31, Rochefort tells McFarlane they have placed what percentage of extra jacks under the meteorite?
(a) Ninety percent.
(b) Fifty percent.
(c) Ten percent.
(d) Forty percent.
11. What unsettling thing does Vallenar do to the Rolvaag in Chapter 36?
(a) Boards them.
(b) Fires machine gun weapons at them.
(c) Cruises toward them in a collision course.
(d) Locks weapons.
12. Who does McFarlane and Amira see jogging in foul weather on the deck of the Rolvaag in Chapter 20?
13. What was Glinn attempting to secure during his military career that caused the loss of his entire team, minus himself and Garza, as Amira tells it in Chapter 11?
(a) A military camp.
(b) A hill.
(c) A village.
(d) A bridge.
14. What does the team initially use, as seen in Chapter 23, to remove the dirt over the top of the meteorite?
(a) Back hoes.
15. What does Glinn provide in Chapter 23 to help christen the meteorite?
(c) Carbonated apple juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the meteorite when it is finally exposed in Chapter 24?
2. In Chapter 42, how does Timmer find the door to the tunnel where the meteorite sits?
3. What does Masangkay find using his electromagnetic tomographic sounder?
4. Who does Puppup believe is responsible for the deaths of Evans, Rochefort, and Masangkay?
5. Who has Glinn hired to change the outward appearance of the ship purchased for the recovery of the meteorite?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)