|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the melting point of the meteorite?
(a) One point two hundred degrees Kelvin.
(b) One point two degrees Kelvin.
(c) One point two million degrees Kelvin.
(d) One point two thousand degrees Kelvin.
2. What did the large bone found in a sandstone wall of a canyon turn out to be as described in Chapter 3?
(a) A large Triceratops.
(b) A large Tyrannosaurus.
(c) The site of an ancient cemetery.
(d) The intertwined skeletons of two dinosaurs.
3. What did Nestor Masangkay call Isla Desolacion?
(a) The edge of the world.
(b) The edge of the universe.
(c) A true place of desolation.
(d) A true frozen wonderland.
4. Where does Amira tell McFarlane that Glinn earned his military experience?
5. Why does Palmer Lloyd go to the Kalahari Desert to see Sam McFarlane in Chapter 4?
(a) To ask him to finish Masangkay's expedition.
(b) To ask him to head his new science museum.
(c) To ask him to to ask Masangkay to sell Lloyd his latest discovery.
(d) To ask him to organize an expedition to recover a meteorite.
6. What drink has been banned from the Rolvaag?
7. What is an electromagnetic tomographic sounder?
(a) A machine used to find magnetic activity under the groun.
(b) A machine used to measure earthquakes.
(c) A machine used to dig in isolated areas.
(d) A machine used to see underneath the earth without digging.
8. For what reason is it revealed in Chapter 9 Captain Britton went to rehab?
(b) Illegal drugs.
9. What does Masangkay find using his electromagnetic tomographic sounder?
(b) A meteorite.
10. What is Isla Desolacion?
(a) An island off the coast of Peru.
(b) An island off the coast of Mexico.
(c) An island off the coast of Chile.
(d) An island off the coast of Brazil.
11. How does Glinn plan to keep the meteorite stable during travel?
(a) By placing it in a shipping container.
(b) By tying it down with cargo straps.
(c) By wrapping it plastic.
(d) By placing it in a cradle.
12. Who does McFarlane and Amira see jogging in foul weather on the deck of the Rolvaag in Chapter 20?
13. What does McFarlane want to call the meteorite?
(a) EES meteorite.
(b) MasanFarlane meteorite.
(c) McFarlane meteorite.
(d) Masangkay meteorite.
14. What does panteonero mean?
(b) Cemetery wind.
(c) Graveyard breeze.
(d) Death's breath.
15. In Chapter 38, Amira tells McFarlane that she collected what unusual arachnid?
(a) Black widows.
(b) Brown recluse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Lloyd promise to pay McFarlane in the end of Chapter 4?
2. What natural landmark marks the area where Masangkay made his camp?
3. What color is the meteorite when it is finally exposed in Chapter 24?
4. What is the 'night lunch' mentioned in Chapter 11?
5. What type of bit do Amira and McFarlane attempt to drill the meteorite with?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)