|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Isla Desolacion?
(a) An island off the coast of Peru.
(b) An island off the coast of Brazil.
(c) An island off the coast of Mexico.
(d) An island off the coast of Chile.
2. What illness does Puppup claim killed his wife in Chapter 36?
(b) Chicken pox.
(c) The plague.
3. What is the name of the channel where the Rolvaag lowers its anchor during the recovery of the meteorite?
(a) Lincoln Channel.
(b) Franklin Channel.
(c) Elizabeth Channel.
(d) Jefferson Channel.
4. How much does Lloyd promise to pay McFarlane in the end of Chapter 4?
(a) One hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Three quarters of a million dollars.
(c) One million dollars.
(d) Half a million dollars.
5. In Chapter 36, Puppup claims to have inherited the remaining treasures of the Yaghan Indians. What does he say he did with it?
(a) Sold it and gave it to his wife's family.
(b) Gave it to a museum.
(c) Sold it and drank the profits.
(d) Hid it on a remote island.
6. What did the large bone found in a sandstone wall of a canyon turn out to be as described in Chapter 3?
(a) The site of an ancient cemetery.
(b) A large Tyrannosaurus.
(c) The intertwined skeletons of two dinosaurs.
(d) A large Triceratops.
7. What type of ship has Glinn purchased for the recovery of the meteorite?
(a) A military destroyer.
(b) A cruise ship.
(c) An oil tanker.
(d) A aircraft carrier.
8. In Chapter 9, what author does Britton quote before she leaves Glinn?
(a) T.S. Eliot.
(b) Stephen King.
(c) W.H. Auden.
(d) Edgar Allen Poe.
9. How has Glinn disguised the labs to be used in the recovery of the meteorite?
(a) To look like oil excavating equipment.
(b) To look like shipping containers.
(c) To look like a medical lab.
(d) To look like mining equipment.
10. What does McFarlane do to Masangkay's remains in Chapter 22?
(a) Gathers them together to take back to the ship.
(b) Covers them with rocks.
(c) Leaves them exposed to the elements.
(d) Buries them.
11. What is McFarlane's pet theory that is revealed in Chapter 25?
(a) Intergalaxy meteorites.
(b) Meteorites created by colliding stars.
(c) Meteorites buried so long they absorbe the color of the earth around them.
(d) Interstellar meteorites.
12. Where does Glinn ask to meet McFarlane in Chapter 20?
(a) The bridge.
(b) The library.
(c) The sickbay.
(d) The captain's mess.
13. Who is the author of the story mentioned in Chapter 12, 'Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket'?
(a) Stephen Crane.
(b) Edgar Allen Poe.
(c) T.S. Eliot.
(d) Stephen King.
14. How much does Glinn say it will cost to determine if EES can recover the meteorite from Isla Desolacion in Chapter 7?
(a) One thousand dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) One hundred thousand dollars.
(d) One million dollars.
15. What is the name of the meteorite that caused the falling out between McFarlane and Masangkay?
(a) Monty's Meteorite.
(b) Chilean Meteorite.
(c) MasanFarlane Meteorite.
(d) Tornarssuk Meteorite.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 41, what does Garza call the plan that they intend to use to move the meteorite from the staging site to the bluffs above the Rolvaag?
2. In Chapter 28, how does Vallenar force the man he is interviewing to tell him the truth?
3. In Chapter 13 Glinn claims they have legal right to take the meteorite despite their desire to keep the meteorite secret. How is this true?
4. According to Amira in Chapter 41, what is the look?
5. What is an electromagnetic tomographic sounder?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)