Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the meteorite that caused the falling out between McFarlane and Masangkay?
(a) MasanFarlane Meteorite.
(b) Tornarssuk Meteorite.
(c) Chilean Meteorite.
(d) Monty's Meteorite.
2. In Chapter 42, what covers the sounds of Timmer's approach as he infiltrates the perimeter of the staging area?
(a) An impending storm.
(b) Music from the staging area.
(c) Voices in the staging area.
(d) Sand on the ground.
3. Where does Amira tell McFarlane that Glinn earned his military experience?
4. Who does Puppup believe is responsible for the deaths of Evans, Rochefort, and Masangkay?
5. What is the name of the channel where the Rolvaag lowers its anchor during the recovery of the meteorite?
(a) Lincoln Channel.
(b) Elizabeth Channel.
(c) Jefferson Channel.
(d) Franklin Channel.
6. What is a dead man switch?
(a) A switch to remove casualties of an accident quickly.
(b) A ejection switch to quickly remove the meteorite in an emergency.
(c) A switch to cut power to the bridge in an emergency.
(d) A switch to sink the ship should their mission be discovered.
7. In Chapter 17, why does Comandante Vallenar tell custom officials that the Americans are after gold on Isla Desolacion?
(a) He does not believe there is iron ore on the island.
(b) He does not want them given the right to step on Chilean soil.
(c) He believes all foreigners are looking for gold.
(d) He has tried to mine gold there himself.
8. In Chapter 39, Vallenar reads a letter from what type of scientist?
(a) A chemist.
(b) A geologist.
(c) A meteorologist.
(d) A medical researcher.
9. In Chapter 39, what does the letter Vallenar reads tell him about the Rolvaag's mining expedition on Isla Desolacion?
(a) They are searching for silver.
(b) They are not searching for gold.
(c) They are not mining for gas.
(d) They are searching for oil.
10. What is the profession of the man Vallenar interviews in Chapter 28?
(a) Dealer in cheap ship repair equipment.
(b) Dealer in used eletronic equipment.
(c) Dealer in illegal government documents.
(d) Dealer in illegal surveillance.
11. Who does McFarlane and Amira see jogging in foul weather on the deck of the Rolvaag in Chapter 20?
12. Where does Glinn ask to meet McFarlane in Chapter 20?
(a) The captain's mess.
(b) The library.
(c) The sickbay.
(d) The bridge.
13. Who has Glinn hired to change the outward appearance of the ship purchased for the recovery of the meteorite?
(a) Industrial Light and Magic.
(b) Professional ship builders.
(c) Military camouflage experts.
(d) Hollywood Magic and Scenery.
14. In Chapter 39, who does Vallenar wish to interrogate about the actions of the Americans on the Rolvaag?
(d) The custom officials.
15. How does McFarlane believe the meteorite's arrival on the island impacted the topography of the island?
(a) It destroyed the volcano.
(b) It created the volcano.
(c) It caused a volcanic eruption.
(d) It landed during an eruption, causing its unique color.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13 Glinn claims they have legal right to take the meteorite despite their desire to keep the meteorite secret. How is this true?
2. What type of bit do Amira and McFarlane attempt to drill the meteorite with?
3. How has Glinn disguised the labs to be used in the recovery of the meteorite?
4. What is an electromagnetic tomographic sounder?
5. What does the team initially use, as seen in Chapter 23, to remove the dirt over the top of the meteorite?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)