|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason is it revealed in Chapter 9 Captain Britton went to rehab?
(c) Illegal drugs.
2. Who, in Chapter 12, makes the loudest objection to the banned beverage?
3. What is the profession of the man Vallenar interviews in Chapter 28?
(a) Dealer in illegal surveillance.
(b) Dealer in used eletronic equipment.
(c) Dealer in illegal government documents.
(d) Dealer in cheap ship repair equipment.
4. What does Masangkay find using his electromagnetic tomographic sounder?
(b) A meteorite.
5. What type of bit do Amira and McFarlane attempt to drill the meteorite with?
(a) A glass bit.
(b) A diamond bit.
(c) A steel bit.
(d) An iron bit.
6. Where does Amira tell McFarlane that Glinn earned his military experience?
7. What is the weather like in Chapter 1 as Masangkay unearths part of his find?
8. What did the large bone found in a sandstone wall of a canyon turn out to be as described in Chapter 3?
(a) The site of an ancient cemetery.
(b) A large Tyrannosaurus.
(c) A large Triceratops.
(d) The intertwined skeletons of two dinosaurs.
9. Who does McFarlane and Amira see jogging in foul weather on the deck of the Rolvaag in Chapter 20?
10. In Chapter 39, Vallenar reads a letter from what type of scientist?
(a) A medical researcher.
(b) A geologist.
(c) A chemist.
(d) A meteorologist.
11. In Chapter 35, Glinn tells the team that the mass of the meteorite has been updated after the jack failure. What is the new estimated mass?
(a) Twenty-five hundred thousand pounds.
(b) Twenty-five hundred thousand tons.
(c) Twenty-five thousand tons.
(d) Twenty-five thousand pounds.
12. Why does Masangkay touch his find in Chapter 1?
(a) He wants to see if it is real.
(b) He wants to take energy from it.
(c) He wants to lift it out of the ground.
(d) He is excited.
13. In Chapter 30, McFarlane says tests on a sample of the meteorite will reveal what properties?
(a) Electrical and chemical only.
(b) Electrical, chemical, and physical.
(c) Physical, chemical, and electron configuration.
(d) Electron configuration, chemical, and atomic radius.
14. In Chapter 36, Glinn claims his great-great-great grandfather kidnapped what relative of Puppup's?
(a) His great-great-great aunt.
(b) His great-great-great grandmother.
(c) His great-great-great grandfather.
(d) His great-great-great uncle.
15. Who has Glinn hired to change the outward appearance of the ship purchased for the recovery of the meteorite?
(a) Military camouflage experts.
(b) Professional ship builders.
(c) Hollywood Magic and Scenery.
(d) Industrial Light and Magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 31, McFarlane claims the meteorite is like what element?
2. What is an island of stability?
3. How does McFarlane believe the meteorite's arrival on the island impacted the topography of the island?
4. What type of ship has Glinn purchased for the recovery of the meteorite?
5. What did Nestor Masangkay call Isla Desolacion?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)