|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 60-68.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state does the meteorite become when it reaches its melting point?
2. In Chapter 59, why does Vallenar request a team of six go into the water to repair the propellers?
(a) It takes six to bolt the propeller to the ship.
(b) At least one of them will live long enough to finish the job.
(c) At least that many are necessary to remove the old propellers.
(d) It takes six to lift the heavy propellers.
3. What does Rochefort manually release on the jacks in Chapter 34?
(a) The power cables.
(b) The computer control.
(c) The clasp connecting the jacks to the meteorite.
(d) The hydraulic valves.
4. Who, in Chapter 12, makes the loudest objection to the banned beverage?
5. In Chapter 60, who is in charge of the team sent to finish the welds on the meteorite's cradle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Amira tell McFarlane that Glinn earned his military experience?
2. In Chapter 54, who does Lloyd think is the only person who can get the meteorite out of Chile?
3. In Chapter 35, Glinn tells the team that the mass of the meteorite has been updated after the jack failure. What is the new estimated mass?
4. In Chapter 46, Britton expresses concern about having the meteorite on her ship. How does Glinn convince her to go forward with it?
5. What does McFarlane tell Glinn in chapter 47 when he asks how safe the meteorite is?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)