|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 60-68.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 64, where does Britton plan to take the Rolvag out of Drake Passage?
(a) Toward the Ice Limit.
(b) Toward South America to escape the gale.
(c) Toward American waters.
(d) Toward a British Naval Base on Georgia Island.
2. In Chapter 9, what author does Britton quote before she leaves Glinn?
(a) T.S. Eliot.
(b) W.H. Auden.
(c) Edgar Allen Poe.
(d) Stephen King.
3. In Chapter 50, Vallenar learns he has been issued a second order to do what?
(a) Arrest Glinn.
(b) Continue on his previous assignment.
(c) Arrest Lloyd.
(d) Return to base.
4. What does McFarlane tell Glinn in chapter 47 when he asks how safe the meteorite is?
(a) That it is inert except when touched by a human hand.
(b) That it is inert except when touched with salt.
(c) That it is dangerous and never should be placed on the Rolvaag.
(d) That it is dangerous and should be dropped into the sea at the first opportunity.
5. What is a dead man switch?
(a) A ejection switch to quickly remove the meteorite in an emergency.
(b) A switch to cut power to the bridge in an emergency.
(c) A switch to sink the ship should their mission be discovered.
(d) A switch to remove casualties of an accident quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 32, what does Bramwell find unusual about Masangkay's bones?
2. In Chapter 13 Glinn claims they have legal right to take the meteorite despite their desire to keep the meteorite secret. How is this true?
3. What does the team initially use, as seen in Chapter 23, to remove the dirt over the top of the meteorite?
4. How much does Glinn say it will cost to determine if EES can recover the meteorite from Isla Desolacion in Chapter 7?
5. What is the profession of the man Vallenar interviews in Chapter 28?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)