|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 36-43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Palmer Lloyd go to the Kalahari Desert to see Sam McFarlane in Chapter 4?
(a) To ask him to organize an expedition to recover a meteorite.
(b) To ask him to finish Masangkay's expedition.
(c) To ask him to to ask Masangkay to sell Lloyd his latest discovery.
(d) To ask him to head his new science museum.
2. In Chapter 38, Amira tells McFarlane that she collected what unusual arachnid?
(a) Black widows.
(c) Brown recluse.
3. What is a dead man switch?
(a) A switch to sink the ship should their mission be discovered.
(b) A ejection switch to quickly remove the meteorite in an emergency.
(c) A switch to remove casualties of an accident quickly.
(d) A switch to cut power to the bridge in an emergency.
4. How much does Garza believe the meteorite weighs as discussed in Chapter 31?
(a) Ten thousand pounds.
(b) Ten thousand ounces.
(c) Ten hundred thousand tons.
(d) Ten thousand tons.
5. What happens in Chapter 33 when Glinn orders the power stopped to all the jacks under the meteorite?
(a) The jacks fail.
(b) The jacks lock up.
(c) The jacks drop the meteorite.
(d) The jacks fall too quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 39, what does the letter Vallenar reads tell him about the Rolvaag's mining expedition on Isla Desolacion?
2. What is the weather like in Chapter 1 as Masangkay unearths part of his find?
3. What famous assassination are Glinn's team reenacting when McFarlane arrives at EES's offices in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 9, what author does Britton quote before she leaves Glinn?
5. What does McFarlane do to Masangkay's remains in Chapter 22?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)