|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is McFarlane's pet theory that is revealed in Chapter 25?
(a) Intergalaxy meteorites.
(b) Interstellar meteorites.
(c) Meteorites buried so long they absorbe the color of the earth around them.
(d) Meteorites created by colliding stars.
2. What happens in Chapter 33 when Glinn has the power to the hydraulic jacks brought up to seventy percent?
(a) The meteorite tips over.
(c) The meteorite moves too quickly.
(d) The meteorite rises six centimeters.
3. How has Glinn disguised the labs to be used in the recovery of the meteorite?
(a) To look like mining equipment.
(b) To look like a medical lab.
(c) To look like oil excavating equipment.
(d) To look like shipping containers.
4. What role is Amira supposed to play while on the expedition?
(a) McFarlane's assistant.
(b) McFarlane's secretary.
(c) Glinn's assistant.
(d) Glinn's secretary.
5. Why does Vallenar dislike disposable razors as discussed in Chapter 28?
(a) They do not shave closely enough.
(b) They are cheap.
(c) Two blades are not enough to give a good shave.
(d) Two blades are a waste when one is good enough. It is typical of American inventions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Puppup believe is responsible for the deaths of Evans, Rochefort, and Masangkay?
2. What is Brambell doing in Chapter 32 that he is forced to put aside to conduct the examination of Masangkay's remains?
3. What does Lloyd want to call the meteorite?
4. What is an island of stability?
5. What does McFarlane want to call the meteorite?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)