|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Christie's, the setting of Chapter 3?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) An auction house.
(c) A museum.
(d) A department store.
2. What did the large bone found in a sandstone wall of a canyon turn out to be as described in Chapter 3?
(a) A large Tyrannosaurus.
(b) A large Triceratops.
(c) The intertwined skeletons of two dinosaurs.
(d) The site of an ancient cemetery.
3. What item of modern technology does Sam McFarlane attempt to get San Bushmen to use in order to help him search for meteorites?
(a) Seismograph machines.
(b) Cell phones.
(c) Metal detectors.
(d) Large magnets.
4. What is Brambell doing in Chapter 32 that he is forced to put aside to conduct the examination of Masangkay's remains?
(b) Watching television.
5. What is the weather like in Chapter 1 as Masangkay unearths part of his find?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Garza believe the meteorite weighs as discussed in Chapter 31?
2. What does McFarlane want to call the meteorite?
3. What element of the San Bushman language does McFarlane have trouble reproducing in Chapter 4?
4. What happens in Chapter 33 when Glinn orders the power stopped to all the jacks under the meteorite?
5. How does Glinn plan to keep the meteorite stable during travel?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)