|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bit do Amira and McFarlane attempt to drill the meteorite with?
(a) A glass bit.
(b) A diamond bit.
(c) An iron bit.
(d) A steel bit.
2. What color is the meteorite when it is finally exposed in Chapter 24?
3. How does Puppup react in Chapter 21 as Lloyd, Glinn, and McFarlane admire Isla Desolacion?
(a) He insists it is his island, not theirs.
(b) He cries.
(c) He walks away.
(d) He laughs.
4. What drink has been banned from the Rolvaag?
5. What is an electromagnetic tomographic sounder?
(a) A machine used to see underneath the earth without digging.
(b) A machine used to find magnetic activity under the groun.
(c) A machine used to dig in isolated areas.
(d) A machine used to measure earthquakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Christie's, the setting of Chapter 3?
2. Why does Palmer Lloyd go to the Kalahari Desert to see Sam McFarlane in Chapter 4?
3. Where does Glinn ask to meet McFarlane in Chapter 20?
4. In Chapter 13 Glinn claims they have legal right to take the meteorite despite their desire to keep the meteorite secret. How is this true?
5. What natural landmark marks the area where Masangkay made his camp?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)