|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the story mentioned in Chapter 12, 'Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket'?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(b) T.S. Eliot.
(c) Stephen Crane.
(d) Stephen King.
2. What does Amira suggest is off about the color of the meteorite, as she explains in Chapter 25?
(a) No meteorite in history has ever been that color.
(b) No known metal alloys can create such a color.
(c) It is paint put on the meteorite by jokesters.
(d) It is only a reflection of the soil around it.
3. What does panteonero mean?
(a) Cemetery wind.
(b) Death's breath.
(d) Graveyard breeze.
4. What is Nestor Masangkay looking for on Isla Desolacion?
(b) A meteorite.
5. Where did Wilson Atcitty find a large bone protruding from a sandstone wall as described in Chapter 3?
(a) In Alaska.
(b) In Chile.
(c) On the Arizona-New Mexico border.
(d) On the border of California and Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Palmer Lloyd go to the Kalahari Desert to see Sam McFarlane in Chapter 4?
2. What is an electromagnetic tomographic sounder?
3. In Chapter 9, what author does Britton quote before she leaves Glinn?
4. What is a dead man switch?
5. Why does Glinn tell Britton in Chapter 18 that they should not worry about Vallenar?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)