|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, why does Comandante Vallenar tell custom officials that the Americans are after gold on Isla Desolacion?
(a) He does not want them given the right to step on Chilean soil.
(b) He does not believe there is iron ore on the island.
(c) He has tried to mine gold there himself.
(d) He believes all foreigners are looking for gold.
2. Who has Glinn hired to change the outward appearance of the ship purchased for the recovery of the meteorite?
(a) Hollywood Magic and Scenery.
(b) Industrial Light and Magic.
(c) Professional ship builders.
(d) Military camouflage experts.
3. What element of the San Bushman language does McFarlane have trouble reproducing in Chapter 4?
(a) The strange consonants.
(b) The strange clicks of the language.
(c) The guttural sounds of the language.
(d) The trill of the r's.
4. How much does Glinn tell Lloyd he will charge to complete the recovery of the meteorite from the Isla Desolacion in Chapter 8?
(a) One hundred million dollars.
(b) One hundred fifty million dollars.
(c) Three hundred fifty million dollars.
(d) Three hundred million dollars.
5. How has Glinn disguised the labs to be used in the recovery of the meteorite?
(a) To look like mining equipment.
(b) To look like oil excavating equipment.
(c) To look like shipping containers.
(d) To look like a medical lab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the large bone found in a sandstone wall of a canyon turn out to be as described in Chapter 3?
2. What is Christie's, the setting of Chapter 3?
3. What is Isla Desolacion?
4. How does Glinn plan to keep the meteorite stable during travel?
5. Where does Amira tell McFarlane that Glinn earned his military experience?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)