|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drink has been banned from the Rolvaag?
2. What item of modern technology does Sam McFarlane attempt to get San Bushmen to use in order to help him search for meteorites?
(a) Large magnets.
(b) Cell phones.
(c) Metal detectors.
(d) Seismograph machines.
3. How much does Lloyd promise to pay McFarlane in the end of Chapter 4?
(a) One hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Three quarters of a million dollars.
(c) Half a million dollars.
(d) One million dollars.
4. In Chapter 13 Glinn claims they have legal right to take the meteorite despite their desire to keep the meteorite secret. How is this true?
(a) Chile does not own the island, the Yaghan Indians do.
(b) Meteorites, no matter where they are located, are owned by the American government.
(c) Meteorites belong to whoever recovers them first.
(d) Glinn and team have mining claims to the island.
5. What is the name of the Thomas Cole painting Palmer Lloyd loves the most of all his rare and valuable belongings, as described in Chapter 5?
(a) Sunny Morning on the Mississippi.
(b) Sunny Morning in Acapulco.
(c) Sunny Morning on the Hudson River.
(d) Sunny Morning in Chile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Palmer Lloyd go to the Kalahari Desert to see Sam McFarlane in Chapter 4?
2. How has Glinn disguised the labs to be used in the recovery of the meteorite?
3. How much does Glinn say it will cost to determine if EES can recover the meteorite from Isla Desolacion in Chapter 7?
4. Where did Wilson Atcitty find a large bone protruding from a sandstone wall as described in Chapter 3?
5. What is Nestor Masangkay looking for on Isla Desolacion?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)