|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Isla Desolacion?
(a) An island off the coast of Mexico.
(b) An island off the coast of Chile.
(c) An island off the coast of Brazil.
(d) An island off the coast of Peru.
2. In Chapter 9, what author does Britton quote before she leaves Glinn?
(a) Stephen King.
(b) T.S. Eliot.
(c) Edgar Allen Poe.
(d) W.H. Auden.
3. How much does Glinn tell Lloyd he will charge to complete the recovery of the meteorite from the Isla Desolacion in Chapter 8?
(a) Three hundred million dollars.
(b) One hundred million dollars.
(c) One hundred fifty million dollars.
(d) Three hundred fifty million dollars.
4. Who is the author of the story mentioned in Chapter 12, 'Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket'?
(a) Stephen Crane.
(b) Edgar Allen Poe.
(c) T.S. Eliot.
(d) Stephen King.
5. How much does Glinn say it will cost to determine if EES can recover the meteorite from Isla Desolacion in Chapter 7?
(a) One hundred thousand dollars.
(b) One thousand dollars.
(c) One million dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Masangkay find using his electromagnetic tomographic sounder?
2. What is Nestor Masangkay looking for on Isla Desolacion?
3. What is the name of the meteorite that caused the falling out between McFarlane and Masangkay?
4. How has Glinn disguised the labs to be used in the recovery of the meteorite?
5. What is Christie's, the setting of Chapter 3?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)