|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 60-68.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bit do Amira and McFarlane attempt to drill the meteorite with?
(a) A glass bit.
(b) A diamond bit.
(c) A steel bit.
(d) An iron bit.
2. What natural landmark marks the area where Masangkay made his camp?
(a) A large boulder.
(b) A valley in the snowfield.
(c) A huge oak tree.
(d) A small pine tree.
3. What is the name of the channel where the Rolvaag lowers its anchor during the recovery of the meteorite?
(a) Lincoln Channel.
(b) Jefferson Channel.
(c) Franklin Channel.
(d) Elizabeth Channel.
4. In Chapter 42, what damage to the cart beneath the meteorite makes McFarlane believe the disturbance was an electrical arc rather than a bomb?
(a) Melted rock and a burning corpse.
(b) Damage to the inside of the tunnel.
(c) Melted metal and burning tires.
(d) Damage to the bottom of the meteorite.
5. In Chapter 38, McFarlane recognizes the twin fangs of Hanuxa as what geological formations?
(a) Eroded boulders.
(b) Ancient man-made structures.
(c) Volcanic plugs.
(d) Debris from platonic activity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impending situation is mentioned in both Chapters 39 and 40?
2. What color is the meteorite when it is finally exposed in Chapter 24?
3. In Chapter 42, what covers the sounds of Timmer's approach as he infiltrates the perimeter of the staging area?
4. In Chapter 38, Amira tells McFarlane that she collected what unusual arachnid?
5. In Chapter 66, why does a man on the Almirante Ramirez refuses a direct order?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)