|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is Mitch supposed to arrive with the money?
2. Where does Holly end up putting the nail for safekeeping and quick access?
3. How much money did Mitch find in cash and bonds?
4. What is Holly's biggest dream?
5. What name(s) does Mitch tell Taggart?
Short Essay Questions
1. At what point did Mitch feel close to Holly, and how was he affected by this?
2. How did Holly feel when she was eating the chocolate bar, and why was this?
3. Why did Anson tell Mitch the kind of work he was involved in with Julian Campbell?
4. How does Holly feel about the items taken from the child's grave?
5. Why does Mitch look at his hands, and what does he expect to see?
6. How was money not an object for Thomas Turnbridge? What did he do with the money?
7. What did Mitch do to Taggart and why did he do it?
8. Why couldn't Holly be too interested in what the kidnapper that she didn't like had to say?
9. What did Holly represent to Mitch?
10. What was Mitch's threat to Anson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Anson's betrayal of Mitch. How did Koontz set the reader up to take this information, and how did the reader react to Anson's order of the hit on Mitch? What specific things led the reader to seriously believe Mitch was going to gain some aid from his brother?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jimmy Null's stories he presented to Holly. Did any of these stories share a common theme, other than the fact that they all occurred in New Mexico? What lead the reader to this conclusion?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the two mansions in this book. What reason might Koontz have had for the two mansions? Explain their appearances in the novel.
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)