|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movie is mentioned in Chapter 39?
2. What is the best piece of business?
3. What happened to Julian Campbell?
4. What was the business Anson did with Julian Campbell?
5. How old is Anthony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mitch originally fear? What did he fear now and why?
2. Why couldn't Holly put the nail in her pocket or in her shoe?
3. What did Mitch reveal to Taggart?
4. Why would no one driving past Mitch fail to give him special scrutiny?
5. What does Holly fear that her captor might do while they are confined in the dark, and why does she fear this so?
6. What sign did the kidnapper see above the girls and what did he perceive it to mean?
7. At what point did Mitch feel close to Holly, and how was he affected by this?
8. How does the Lexus Mitch attempts to steal almost become his undoing?
9. What did Holly represent to Mitch?
10. What was Mitch's threat to Anson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the connections that the kidnappers made to Mitch throughout the novel. How do these connections influence Mitch's decisions? In what regard do they influence the story and how it progresses?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Anson's betrayal of Mitch. How did Koontz set the reader up to take this information, and how did the reader react to Anson's order of the hit on Mitch? What specific things led the reader to seriously believe Mitch was going to gain some aid from his brother?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Anson's change in attitude before he was confined by Mitch and after. How did he change and was it for the better? Why or why not? Speculate on whether or not Anson's attitude is likely to change and whether it will be for better or for worse following a stint in prison.
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)