|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Mitch's gunman?
2. Who gave Taggart the positive ID on the dog walker?
3. What was Newport Beach famous for?
4. What, aside from the rooms in the house, had been bugged?
5. Why did Mitch sit on the boulder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interested Lieutenant Taggart regarding Mitch's behavior?
2. Why did Daniel know that something was up? What did he suspect was happening?
3. Why did the expression on Anson's face following the discussion with the kidnappers hearten Mitch?
4. Why did the knowledge that Holly wouldn't be raped come as a comfort to Mitch? What two reasons does he come up with for the abductors reassurance?
5. What did the amount of money that Anson had secured mean to him? Why would he give it up?
6. What promise does Holly attempt to make Mitch vow to her?
7. How much could Mitch actually ransom Holly for, and how did this make him feel?
8. What does Mitch ration about Holly's comment that she knows where he is?
9. Why couldn't Mitch utilize the equity in the house?
10. What did Daniels collection consist of? How many pieces were part of his collection?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Mitch and Iggy's views on marriage. Which character's view do you most identify with and why? Who makes the more convincing argument, and what specific points lend strength to it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Mitch's exploitation of Anson's dreams. How does Mitch get Anson to reveal where the money is? What about the money on the yacht? When Mitch does this, what other character does he seem to learn from?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Julian Campbell and Anson. What kinds of things do the two men have in common? What sets them apart? Which character is more evil and why?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)