|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hadn't Holly done that caused Mitch to think something was wrong?
(a) She sounded tense.
(b) She sounded scared.
(c) She sounded like she had been crying.
(d) She hadn't responded to his "I love you" either time.
2. With what emotion did Mitch regard the money he had held?
3. How much money did Mitch intend to offer for a ride to the Turnbridge house?
(a) Eight thousand dollars.
(b) One thousand dollars.
(c) Ten thousand dollars.
(d) Five thousand dollars.
4. What was the countess high on?
5. What is Mitch supposed to put the money and bonds in?
(a) A grocery bag.
(b) A clear plastic bag.
(c) A plastic trash bag.
(d) A duffel bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion had a taste of bitterness?
2. What movie is mentioned in Chapter 58?
3. What time did Mitch arrive in the city of Orange?
4. What did Mitch use to bind Anson?
5. Who did Mitch think would be impressed by the Turnbridge estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had Null still managed to move?
2. Why doesn't Holly want to use the bedpan?
3. How does Holly feel about the items taken from the child's grave?
4. What does Mitch do to Anson?
5. How did Holly feel when she was eating the chocolate bar, and why was this?
6. What does Holly fear that her captor might do while they are confined in the dark, and why does she fear this so?
7. What did Holly end up doing and what was the hardest part of accomplishing her task?
8. Who does Holly keep thinking about? What gives her an idea?
9. Why did Mitch not invite his parents to the wedding?
10. What did Mitch originally fear? What did he fear now and why?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)