|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of person is Mitchell Rafferty?
(a) All of these.
(b) He is charmed by nature's beauty.
(c) He is amused by humanity.
(d) A born optimist.
2. How did Anson react to the news that he would be liquidated?
(a) With contempt.
(b) With grim confidence.
(c) With anger.
(d) None of these.
3. What did Mitch realize was built into the gun?
(a) A double action.
(b) A stop was built into the trigger.
(c) A safety.
(d) An auto fire mechanism.
4. What is so much more comfortable, at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Shades of grey.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Getting caught in a lie.
(d) Telling the truth.
5. Where is the last place Anson will still have equity?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) In his yacht.
(c) In his condo.
(d) Both of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, aside from the rooms in the house, had been bugged?
2. Why didn't Mitch and Jason keep in touch?
3. What did the Pampas provide?
4. What is Mitch supposed to do while waiting for the kidnappers to call back?
5. What dinosaur had excreted Daniel's newest addition to his collection?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Mitch's choice of physiological ailments his wife could have suffered to render her immobile a poor choice on retrospection?
2. What did the amount of money that Anson had secured mean to him? Why would he give it up?
3. What promise does Holly attempt to make Mitch vow to her?
4. Why were Katherine and Daniel glad that Megan hadn't called to say that she was pregnant?
5. How did the strange kidnapper relate what he would do to Holly?
6. How was Holly keeping herself busy?
7. Why did Mitch have to call the cops regarding the death of the dog walker, and what couldn't he tell them?
8. Why did the kidnappers want to involve Anson and not Iggy? What did the kidnappers say they would do to convince Anson to help Mitch?
9. Why couldn't Mitch utilize the equity in the house?
10. Why did the expression on Anson's face following the discussion with the kidnappers hearten Mitch?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)