|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which cop was dressed casually?
(a) Lieutenant Taggart.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of them were dressed casually.
2. How much did Jason rent a house for?
(a) Seven thousand a month.
(b) Three thousand a month.
(c) Eight thousand a month.
(d) Five thousand a month.
3. What kind of pie is discussed in Chapter 6?
(a) Cherry pie.
(b) Apple pie.
(c) Shoofly pie.
(d) Raspberry pie.
4. What is so much more comfortable, at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Telling the truth.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Getting caught in a lie.
(d) Shades of grey.
5. How much longer would Mitch have to wait for the 6 p.m. call?
(a) One hour and seven minutes.
(b) Two hours and thirteen minutes.
(c) One hour and eight minutes.
(d) One hour and eighteen minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was likely to be on the phone?
2. Who did the dog belong to?
3. What time was it when Mitch left the house?
4. What was the first note that Anson received?
5. After how many shots did Mitch lose count?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the amount of money that Anson had secured mean to him? Why would he give it up?
2. How was Anson different in the physical characteristics of Mitch?
3. How much could Mitch actually ransom Holly for, and how did this make him feel?
4. How did Anson rationalize meeting up with the ex-FBI agent, Julian Campbell?
5. How did the kidnappers prove that they were serious about what they intended to do to Mrs. Rafferty if Mitch didn't pay up?
6. Why did the expression on Anson's face following the discussion with the kidnappers hearten Mitch?
7. How did the stacks of boxes create a fortuitous event for Mitch?
8. Why did Mitch have to call the cops regarding the death of the dog walker, and what couldn't he tell them?
9. What was interesting to note about both the dog and the dog walker, and how did this lead Taggart back to Mitch?
10. How did the strange kidnapper relate what he would do to Holly?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)