|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mitch omit in his retelling of the story of his day?
(a) The discovery of the stuff in his loft.
(b) The death of John Knox.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
2. Why wasn't Mitch concerned that the second gunman might ride off in the car and leave Mitch there?
(a) The man had been hired to kill Mitch and he would do so or die trying.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Julian Campbell didn't seem like the kind of guy someone could report a failure to.
(d) Neither of these.
3. Who was walking the dog?
(a) Jason Osteen.
(b) James Osteen.
(c) Jake Osteen.
(d) Jeremy Osteen.
4. How much money was actually available for the ransom?
(a) Twenty-seven thousand dollars.
(b) Thirty-seven thousand dollars.
(c) Thirty-eight thousand dollars.
(d) One hundred, seventy-five thousand dollars.
5. Why wouldn't the second gunman be scared?
(a) They were hardened against feelings of fear.
(b) They knew they had nothing to fear from Mitch as he was out of bullets.
(c) Mitch had missed him in every shot he had taken.
(d) They lived for action like this; they were sociopaths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time was it when Mitch left the house?
2. Who would Anson and Mitch have to rip off?
3. What did Mitch eat at the Chinese takeout place?
4. Who does the kidnapper want Mitch to involve in the situation of his wife's kidnapping?
5. What offense did Mitch do against Anson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the amount of money that Anson had secured mean to him? Why would he give it up?
2. Why did Daniel know that something was up? What did he suspect was happening?
3. How did Anson's revelation affect Mitch?
4. Why did the kidnappers want to involve Anson and not Iggy? What did the kidnappers say they would do to convince Anson to help Mitch?
5. What interested Lieutenant Taggart regarding Mitch's behavior?
6. Why did Mitch know he had to be careful in his movement while he was laying down in the trunk of the car?
7. What promise does Holly attempt to make Mitch vow to her?
8. Why couldn't Mitch utilize the equity in the house?
9. How did the loft in the garage offer easy places for someone to hide?
10. What did Daniels collection consist of? How many pieces were part of his collection?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)