|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the countess high on?
2. How many people could have been served from the kitchen Holly was in?
(a) Seven hundred.
(b) Four hundred.
(c) Six hundred.
(d) Eight hundred.
3. What does Taggart do that raises Mitch's alarms?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Takes away his car keys.
(c) Makes a call outside of the car.
(d) Both of these.
4. How many minutes had Mitch been late?
(a) A half minute.
(c) Three minutes.
5. What was the name of the man in the backseat?
6. What color was the chair that Mitch and Holly made for Anthony?
7. What had made Mitch feel close to Holly?
(a) Mitch never felt closer to Holly.
(b) When he had left Anson to wet himself.
(c) When he had attempted to loosen the nail.
(d) When he had locked Anson up.
8. What did the killer take from the casket of the child that died of cancer?
(a) A porcelain figure of Cinderella.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) A cross.
9. What does Holly sarcastically think of the man now?
(a) He is mildly insane with delusions of grandeur.
(b) He is a representative for the New Mexico Tourist Board.
(c) He is warm and friendly.
(d) He is a child grave robber.
10. Who fired a round?
(a) Julian Campbell.
11. Why does Holly work at the nail?
(a) It gave her hope to consider being armed instead of defenseless.
(b) She had given up on the nail.
(c) If she gets the nail out she might be able to free her bonds.
(d) If she doesn't work at the nail then she will do nothing and go mad.
12. What was in the detective's eyes at the end of Chapter 53?
(a) They invited confidence.
(b) They encouraged trust.
(c) All of these.
(d) They were sympathetic.
13. How old is Anthony?
14. What thing(s) will Holly have to do if she gets out of this?
(a) Cut way back on coffee.
(b) Drink no wine with dinner.
(c) Perform faithful but sensible exercise.
(d) All of these.
15. Who did Mitch think would be impressed by the Turnbridge estate?
(a) All of these.
(b) Julian Campbell.
(c) A movie star.
(d) Bill Gates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ermina live?
2. What did Mitch do with the body of John Knox?
3. Where does Holly end up putting the nail for safekeeping and quick access?
4. How many holes did Mitch count in the backrest?
5. How much money did Mitch find in cash and bonds?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)