|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what emotion did Mitch regard the money he had held?
2. What did Mitch do with the body of John Knox?
(a) Loaded him into the Woody Wagon.
(b) Loaded him into the Buick Wagon.
(c) dragged him into the same room as Anson was in.
(d) None of these.
3. How did Turnbridge kill himself?
(a) He hung himself.
(b) He drowned himself.
(c) He overdosed.
(d) He shot himself.
4. What kind of people did the police tend to put on the top of their priority list?
(a) Those that would put into jeopardy other people's safeties.
(b) Those that were crazy from lack of sleep to go up against kidnappers.
(c) Those that assaulted police officers.
(d) All of these.
5. Where does Ermina live?
(a) Santa Clara Pueblo.
(b) Rio Lucio.
(c) Flora Vista.
(d) Rio Grande.
6. What did Nancy say was abnormal for Holly to do?
(a) Take a sick day without even phoning in.
(b) To ignore her responsibilities at work.
(c) To not talk to her about a sick day.
(d) All of these.
7. Who did Mitch think would be impressed by the Turnbridge estate?
(a) A movie star.
(b) Julian Campbell.
(c) All of these.
(d) Bill Gates.
8. What emotion had a taste of bitterness?
9. What does Holly sarcastically think of the man now?
(a) He is a child grave robber.
(b) He is warm and friendly.
(c) He is mildly insane with delusions of grandeur.
(d) He is a representative for the New Mexico Tourist Board.
10. What were the three letters on the bottom of the cartridge?
11. What is the best piece of business?
(a) Where everyone returns to their normal lives.
(b) Where everyone walks home a winner.
(c) Where everyone gets exactly what they want.
(d) Where everyone leaves satisfied.
12. What movie is mentioned in Chapter 39?
(a) Dirty Harry.
(c) Four Weddings and a Funeral.
(d) Fatal Attraction.
13. Why doesn't Holly want to put the nail in her pants pocket?
(a) She doesn't think that she will be able to search her pockets with her hands tied.
(b) All of these.
(c) She fears that she won't be able to extract it quickly enough.
(d) She fears her pockets might be searched.
14. What does Holly think of when the man asks her if there is anything she needs?
(a) Both of these.
(b) My release.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) Neither of these.
15. What on the floor suggested Mitch's story might not be true?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) The blood smears from Anson's ear.
(c) Both of these.
(d) The stink of urine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name(s) does Mitch tell Taggart?
2. What did Mitch use to bind Anson?
3. Why wasn't Mitch allowed to approach Holly?
4. How many customers does Julian Campbell have?
5. Why couldn't Mitch trust Taggart?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)