|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mitch's play at seeming meek and worn down serve him?
(a) Both of these.
(b) They hadn't searched him and found the second pistol in his sock.
(c) They hadn't cuffed him behind his back.
(d) Neither of these.
2. How much did Jason rent a house for?
(a) Five thousand a month.
(b) Eight thousand a month.
(c) Seven thousand a month.
(d) Three thousand a month.
3. What was Newport Beach famous for?
(a) All of these.
(b) Its mansions.
(c) Its yacht harbor.
(d) Its upscale shopping.
4. What excuse did the secretary at the realtor's office offer for Holly's absence from work?
(a) That she phoned and quit.
(b) That she thought she was pregnant and getting tested.
(c) That she was taking a week off.
(d) That she had called in sick.
5. What would Anson do if he was one of the kidnappers?
(a) Rape Holly.
(b) Torture Holly.
(c) Murder his parents instead to set an example.
(d) Use Holly to hurt Mitch.
6. What profession did that "Robinson woman" have?
(a) She was a mathematician.
(b) She was a physicist.
(c) She was a psychologist.
(d) She was a biologist.
7. Who would Anson and Mitch have to rip off?
(a) Nobody, it was Anson's money the kidnappers were after.
(b) A casino.
(c) A bank.
(d) Fort Knox.
8. What kind of person is Mitchell Rafferty?
(a) All of these.
(b) He is charmed by nature's beauty.
(c) He is amused by humanity.
(d) A born optimist.
9. How much was Holly's ransom?
(a) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Two million dollars.
(c) Ten thousand dollars.
(d) One hundred thousand dollars.
10. How did the kidnappers get Holly's blood?
(a) They drew it from a vein.
(b) They cut her across her chest.
(c) They cut open her arm.
(d) They cut open her hands.
11. What is Mitch supposed to do while waiting for the kidnappers to call back?
(a) Change into clean clothes.
(b) Have a shower.
(c) Leave the house and go somewhere, anywhere.
(d) All of these.
12. How long did Holly and Mitch have to talk?
(a) Three minutes.
(b) Thirty seconds.
(c) Two minutes.
(d) One minute.
13. How was it that Mitch's siblings had gotten on their feet?
(a) They had taken out loans.
(b) They had worked hard.
(c) Anson had invested in them.
(d) They had saved all their money.
14. What animal or insect does Mitch think Julian Campbell resembles?
(a) A spider.
(b) A millipede.
(c) An ant.
(d) An eagle.
15. How much was in the wallet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mitch say his wife has taken to bed with?
2. What does Daniel think about 'evil' people?
3. What is so much more comfortable, at the end of Chapter 10?
4. What smell lingered in the air when Mitch got home?
5. What had Mitch lost when he had killed one of the gunmen?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)