|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Anson get the money?
(a) All of these.
(b) He had invested in the right company.
(c) He was good at what he did and worked hard.
(d) He had been successful in the stock market.
2. What offense did Mitch do against Anson?
(a) Tormented him as a child.
(b) Hated him.
(c) Loved him.
(d) All of these.
3. How much did Mitch weigh?
(a) One hundred and seventy-five pounds.
(b) One hundred and sixty pounds.
(c) One hundred and eighty pounds.
(d) One hundred and seventy pounds.
4. Why had Mitch's father's fear been unfounded?
(a) He had simply been wanting company.
(b) He had not been seeking a loan.
(c) He had been hoping for compassion.
(d) He had not intended to ask for money.
5. What, aside from the rooms in the house, had been bugged?
(a) The front porch.
(b) His cell phone.
(c) His truck.
(d) All of these.
6. How much longer would Mitch have to wait for the 6 p.m. call?
(a) Two hours and thirteen minutes.
(b) One hour and eighteen minutes.
(c) One hour and eight minutes.
(d) One hour and seven minutes.
7. Why did Mitch leave the night-flyer alone?
(a) He wanted to believe it was still alive.
(b) He thought that the abductors had left it there as a clue.
(c) He wished it would offer him some solace.
(d) He wished to believe it would lead him to Holly.
8. Why wouldn't the second gunman be scared?
(a) They knew they had nothing to fear from Mitch as he was out of bullets.
(b) They lived for action like this; they were sociopaths.
(c) They were hardened against feelings of fear.
(d) Mitch had missed him in every shot he had taken.
9. What device aided Mitch?
(a) The combination lug wrench and pry bar.
(b) Falling boxes of ceramics.
(c) The keys he had in his pocket.
(d) The running car.
10. After how many shots did Mitch lose count?
11. How was Jason connected to the plot line?
(a) He was an acquaintance of Anson's.
(b) All of these.
(c) He was one of the abductors.
(d) He was a co-conspirator and in on the abduction.
12. What excuse did the secretary at the realtor's office offer for Holly's absence from work?
(a) That she thought she was pregnant and getting tested.
(b) That she had called in sick.
(c) That she phoned and quit.
(d) That she was taking a week off.
13. What did Mitch fear if he had turned and attempted to pivot and kick the gun wielding man?
(a) That he might knock the man into some boxes and break the precious ceramics.
(b) That he might kill the man.
(c) That he would miss.
(d) That it would be anticipated and Holly would die.
14. What smell lingered in the air when Mitch got home?
(a) Burnt toast.
15. What did the Pampas provide?
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Visual cover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insect stayed close to Mitch while he was being questioned?
2. What had Mitch lost when he had killed one of the gunmen?
3. By how much had Mitch overestimated his checking account balance?
4. What does Daniel think about 'evil' people?
5. What will the killers do if Mitch goes to the cops?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)