|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mitch's nickname in times of trouble?
(a) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
2. How was Jason connected to the plot line?
(a) He was one of the abductors.
(b) He was a co-conspirator and in on the abduction.
(c) All of these.
(d) He was an acquaintance of Anson's.
3. How did the kidnappers get Holly's blood?
(a) They drew it from a vein.
(b) They cut open her hands.
(c) They cut open her arm.
(d) They cut her across her chest.
4. What did Mitch realize was built into the gun?
(a) A stop was built into the trigger.
(b) A safety.
(c) An auto fire mechanism.
(d) A double action.
5. How much did Mitch weigh?
(a) One hundred and eighty pounds.
(b) One hundred and seventy pounds.
(c) One hundred and seventy-five pounds.
(d) One hundred and sixty pounds.
6. How much money was actually available for the ransom?
(a) Thirty-eight thousand dollars.
(b) One hundred, seventy-five thousand dollars.
(c) Thirty-seven thousand dollars.
(d) Twenty-seven thousand dollars.
7. Until what time does Mitch have to secure the funds?
(a) Midnight Wednesday.
(b) One A.M. Wednesday.
(c) Midnight, Thursday.
(d) Three P.M. Wednesday.
8. What will the killers do if Mitch goes to the cops?
(a) They'll cut off Holly's fingers one by one, cauterizing them as they go.
(b) They'll cut her tongue out.
(c) They'll cut out her eyes and leave her to die as fast or as slow as she wants.
(d) All of these.
9. How much was Holly's ransom?
(a) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(b) One hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Two million dollars.
(d) Ten thousand dollars.
10. What smell lingered in the air when Mitch got home?
(d) Burnt toast.
11. Where did they put Mitch?
(a) In the backseat of a 1950s Pontiac.
(b) In the backseat of a 1940s Chrysler Windsor.
(c) In the trunk of a 1950s Pontiac.
(d) In the trunk of a 1940s Chrysler Windsor.
12. What excuse did the secretary at the realtor's office offer for Holly's absence from work?
(a) That she thought she was pregnant and getting tested.
(b) That she had called in sick.
(c) That she phoned and quit.
(d) That she was taking a week off.
13. How old did Mitch estimate the man who had held a gun to his neck?
(a) In his early thirties.
(b) In his middle twenties.
(c) In his early twenties.
(d) In his late twenties.
14. What time was it when Mitch left the house?
15. Why had Mitch's father's fear been unfounded?
(a) He had simply been wanting company.
(b) He had not intended to ask for money.
(c) He had been hoping for compassion.
(d) He had not been seeking a loan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mitch say his wife has taken to bed with?
2. How long did Holly and Mitch have to talk?
3. What had Mitch lost when he had killed one of the gunmen?
4. At what age did the Rafferty children stop calling their parents 'mom and dad'?
5. Where did Anson get the money?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)