|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mitch think the knife and bloody clothes are hidden?
(a) They are buried in the garden.
(b) They are in the trash can.
(c) They are hidden in the house.
(d) They are hidden in the garage.
2. What is so much more comfortable, at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Shades of grey.
(b) Telling the truth.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Getting caught in a lie.
3. Who was walking the dog?
(a) Jason Osteen.
(b) Jake Osteen.
(c) Jeremy Osteen.
(d) James Osteen.
4. Who does the kidnapper want Mitch to involve in the situation of his wife's kidnapping?
5. How much did Anson really have?
(a) Closer to twelve million.
(b) Closer to five million.
(c) Closer to ten million.
(d) Closer to eight million.
6. Directional mikes work best when the air is __________.
(b) Slightly breezy.
(c) Wind does not affect directional mikes.
7. Why did Mitch and Anson take the Expedition?
(a) The kidnappers were likely tracking the car.
(b) The kidnappers were more unlikely to know the vehicle Anson drove.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
8. What was the equivalent of what spaced Mitch from the last of the two gunmen?
(a) A couch.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A sofa cushion.
(d) All of these.
9. What was the first note that Anson received?
(a) None of these.
(b) "They bugged my house, car, and likely my phone. Your house is probably bugged".
(c) "Your house is probably bugged".
(d) "They're serious. I saw them kill a man".
10. Who would Anson and Mitch have to rip off?
(a) A bank.
(b) Fort Knox.
(c) A casino.
(d) Nobody, it was Anson's money the kidnappers were after.
11. What excuse did the secretary at the realtor's office offer for Holly's absence from work?
(a) That she thought she was pregnant and getting tested.
(b) That she had called in sick.
(c) That she was taking a week off.
(d) That she phoned and quit.
12. What item(s) could Mitch identify that weren't supposed to be in the garage loft?
(a) A receiver and a recorder.
(b) A laptop and a cellphone.
(c) A computer and a transmitter.
(d) A gun and a recorder.
13. How much did Mitch weigh?
(a) One hundred and seventy-five pounds.
(b) One hundred and seventy pounds.
(c) One hundred and eighty pounds.
(d) One hundred and sixty pounds.
14. How was it that Mitch's siblings had gotten on their feet?
(a) They had worked hard.
(b) They had taken out loans.
(c) Anson had invested in them.
(d) They had saved all their money.
15. How much did Jason rent a house for?
(a) Five thousand a month.
(b) Eight thousand a month.
(c) Three thousand a month.
(d) Seven thousand a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What truth did Anson reveal?
2. What smell lingered in the air when Mitch got home?
3. What of interest did Mitch find on the dead man's body?
4. What had Mitch lost when he had killed one of the gunmen?
5. After how many shots did Mitch lose count?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)