Part One, What Would You Do for Love?, Chapters 1-6
• Mitch Rafferty is planting flowers in the yard of a client with his employee, Iggy Barnes.
• Mitch is enjoying the day and how normal his life is and all is shattered upon the ringing of his cell phone.
• Although he answers it as though he would answer it at any other time, he finds that it isn't a client or his wife on the other end of the line, but a kidnapper who claims to have his wife, Holly.
• The kidnappers give Mitch sixty hours to come up with two million dollars, and although he explains he is a simple gardener and doesn't have that kind of money, the kidnapper assures him that he will find a way.
• To prove their point, the abductors kill a dog walker walking across the street from where Mitch stands.
This section contains 4,810 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)