|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 3 and Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is said to live in the woods outside District Twelve that makes the fence necessary and keeps many from going into the woods?
(b) Wild dogs.
(c) Tracker jackers.
2. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
(a) Kill Effie Trinket.
(b) Run away.
(c) Steal the collection of names from which the tributes will be chosen.
(d) Form a rebellion.
3. What beverage does Katniss try for the first time aboard the train taking her to the Capitol?
(c) Hot chocolate.
(d) Apple juice.
4. What does reaping mean?
(a) To gather.
(b) To harvest.
(c) To steal.
(d) To take.
5. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
(a) They sang over him.
(b) They ignored him.
(c) They fell dead under his spell.
(d) They stopped to listen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
2. Which other tribute does Katniss take special notice of while watching the reapings from the other districts?
3. What gift does the baker bring Katniss when he comes to say goodbye?
4. Who is on board the train with the tributes from District Twelve whose job it is to care for them?
5. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)