|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 3 and Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
(a) They stopped to listen.
(b) They ignored him.
(c) They fell dead under his spell.
(d) They sang over him.
2. What is katniss?
(a) A flower with tiny blue petals.
(b) A tree that grows small, red fruits.
(c) A plant with tubers that can be eaten like potatoes.
(d) A bush that attracts wild cats.
3. What does Katniss think of Peeta's actions?
(a) Peeta is devious and is trying to trick her into friendship.
(b) Peeta is fighting hard to live, which means he is fighting hard to kill her.
(c) Peeta is honestly a good guy.
(d) Peeta is in love with the notoriety he has just gained as a tribute.
4. What weapon does Gale recommend Katniss get as soon as she can in the Hunger Games' arena?
(d) Bow and arrow.
5. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
(a) She reads the history of Panem.
(b) She introduces the previous winners from District Twelve.
(c) She directs the television crews.
(d) She draws the names of the tributes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is said to live in the woods outside District Twelve that makes the fence necessary and keeps many from going into the woods?
2. Whose is the first name called in the reaping?
3. Who is on board the train with the tributes from District Twelve whose job it is to care for them?
4. What comment does Effie Trinket make about Katniss and Peeta's eating habits?
5. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)