|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 3 and Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does reaping mean?
(a) To harvest.
(b) To gather.
(c) To steal.
(d) To take.
2. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
(a) One might be rich and willing to sponsor him.
(b) He is excited by the situation.
(c) It never hurts to be nice.
(d) It might intimidate the other tributes.
3. How many times is Gale entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
4. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
(a) Their own appearances.
(b) Haymitch's fall from the stage.
(c) Effie's crooked wig.
(d) The mayor's uncomfortable speech.
5. What is the Hob?
(a) An illegal black market in District Twelve.
(b) The section of District Twelve where the blue collar workers live.
(c) The section of District Twelve where Katniss lives.
(d) The woods near District Twelve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which other tribute does Katniss take special notice of while watching the reapings from the other districts?
2. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
3. What does Katniss think of Peeta's actions?
4. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
5. What weapon does Gale recommend Katniss get as soon as she can in the Hunger Games' arena?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)