|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 3 and Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is katniss?
(a) A plant with tubers that can be eaten like potatoes.
(b) A flower with tiny blue petals.
(c) A tree that grows small, red fruits.
(d) A bush that attracts wild cats.
2. What is the Seam?
(a) The edge of District Twelve's boundary.
(b) The illegal trading post in District Twelve.
(c) The section of District Twelve where the coal miners live.
(d) The end of the earth.
3. What weapon does Gale recommend Katniss get as soon as she can in the Hunger Games' arena?
(b) Bow and arrow.
4. What nickname does Gale use with Katniss?
5. How many times is Gale entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
2. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
3. What does reaping mean?
4. What beverage does Katniss try for the first time aboard the train taking her to the Capitol?
5. What gift does the baker bring Katniss when he comes to say goodbye?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)