|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 3 and Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is District Twelve?
(a) A coal mining community in Panem.
(b) An industrial community in Panem.
(c) A fishing community in Panem.
(d) An agricultural community in Panem.
2. What is the Hob?
(a) The woods near District Twelve.
(b) The section of District Twelve where the blue collar workers live.
(c) An illegal black market in District Twelve.
(d) The section of District Twelve where Katniss lives.
3. What is katniss?
(a) A bush that attracts wild cats.
(b) A flower with tiny blue petals.
(c) A tree that grows small, red fruits.
(d) A plant with tubers that can be eaten like potatoes.
4. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
(a) Effie's crooked wig.
(b) The mayor's uncomfortable speech.
(c) Haymitch's fall from the stage.
(d) Their own appearances.
5. What gift does the baker bring Katniss when he comes to say goodbye?
(a) A cake.
(c) A locket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
2. What is Buttercup?
3. How many times is Gale entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
4. What beverage does Katniss try for the first time aboard the train taking her to the Capitol?
5. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)