|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 3 and Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Buttercup?
(a) A dog.
(b) A goose.
(c) A cat.
(d) A goat.
2. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
(a) Form a rebellion.
(b) Kill Effie Trinket.
(c) Run away.
(d) Steal the collection of names from which the tributes will be chosen.
3. Which other tribute does Katniss take special notice of while watching the reapings from the other districts?
(a) A beautiful fisherman from District Four.
(b) A crippled boy from District Ten.
(c) The twelve year old from District Eleven.
(d) The beautiful girl from District One.
4. What is tesserae?
(a) A weapon used in the Hunger Games.
(b) The random selection of tributes' names during the reaping.
(c) Adding one's name additional times to the reaping in exchange for oil and grain.
(d) The order mandating all citizens watch the reaping.
5. What does reaping mean?
(a) To steal.
(b) To take.
(c) To gather.
(d) To harvest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is katniss?
2. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
3. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
4. What weapon does Katniss have hidden in the woods which she uses to hunt with?
5. What was the name of the place where Panem rose out of the ashes into existence?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)