|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 3 and Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times is Gale entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
2. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
(a) She draws the names of the tributes.
(b) She directs the television crews.
(c) She reads the history of Panem.
(d) She introduces the previous winners from District Twelve.
3. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
(a) That she will write every day.
(b) That she will protect Peeta.
(c) That she will try to come back.
(d) That she will die a good death.
4. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
(a) A mockingjay.
(b) A mockingbird.
(c) A jabberjay.
(d) A hummingbird.
5. What is Buttercup?
(a) A cat.
(b) A goose.
(c) A goat.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on board the train with the tributes from District Twelve whose job it is to care for them?
2. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
3. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
4. Whose is the first name called in the reaping?
5. What was the name of the place where Panem rose out of the ashes into existence?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)