|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 3 and Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
(a) They sang over him.
(b) They stopped to listen.
(c) They ignored him.
(d) They fell dead under his spell.
2. What comment does Effie Trinket make about Katniss and Peeta's eating habits?
(a) They should get over their shyness.
(b) They should be less bold.
(c) They should learn table manners.
(d) At least they have table manners.
3. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
(a) Drought and famine.
(b) War and nuclear fallout.
(c) Excess and glutton.
(d) Natural disasters and war.
4. What is tesserae?
(a) Adding one's name additional times to the reaping in exchange for oil and grain.
(b) The order mandating all citizens watch the reaping.
(c) A weapon used in the Hunger Games.
(d) The random selection of tributes' names during the reaping.
5. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
(a) Form a rebellion.
(b) Kill Effie Trinket.
(c) Run away.
(d) Steal the collection of names from which the tributes will be chosen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katniss refuse to cry in Part 1, Chapter 3 even as she leaves her family and home behind her?
2. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
3. What business has Katniss' mother begun running from their home?
4. What animal is said to live in the woods outside District Twelve that makes the fence necessary and keeps many from going into the woods?
5. What nickname does Gale use with Katniss?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)