|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 3 and Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
(a) Kill Effie Trinket.
(b) Form a rebellion.
(c) Steal the collection of names from which the tributes will be chosen.
(d) Run away.
2. What does Katniss think of Peeta's actions?
(a) Peeta is in love with the notoriety he has just gained as a tribute.
(b) Peeta is fighting hard to live, which means he is fighting hard to kill her.
(c) Peeta is honestly a good guy.
(d) Peeta is devious and is trying to trick her into friendship.
3. What animal is said to live in the woods outside District Twelve that makes the fence necessary and keeps many from going into the woods?
(b) Wild dogs.
(c) Tracker jackers.
4. What weapon does Gale recommend Katniss get as soon as she can in the Hunger Games' arena?
(a) Bow and arrow.
5. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment does Effie Trinket make about Katniss and Peeta's eating habits?
2. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
3. What is the Hob?
4. What does reaping mean?
5. What gift does the baker bring Katniss when he comes to say goodbye?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)