|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 3 and Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
(a) It never hurts to be nice.
(b) He is excited by the situation.
(c) One might be rich and willing to sponsor him.
(d) It might intimidate the other tributes.
2. What is Buttercup?
(a) A goat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A goose.
3. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
(a) That she will protect Peeta.
(b) That she will try to come back.
(c) That she will write every day.
(d) That she will die a good death.
4. What weapon does Gale recommend Katniss get as soon as she can in the Hunger Games' arena?
(b) Bow and arrow.
5. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is District Twelve?
2. What does Katniss throw out the window of the train?
3. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
4. What animal is said to live in the woods outside District Twelve that makes the fence necessary and keeps many from going into the woods?
5. What weapon does Katniss have hidden in the woods which she uses to hunt with?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)