|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 3 and Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
(a) She directs the television crews.
(b) She draws the names of the tributes.
(c) She introduces the previous winners from District Twelve.
(d) She reads the history of Panem.
2. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
(a) That she will die a good death.
(b) That she will protect Peeta.
(c) That she will write every day.
(d) That she will try to come back.
3. Why does Katniss refuse to cry in Part 1, Chapter 3 even as she leaves her family and home behind her?
(a) She is not sad.
(b) She is afraid once she starts she cannot stop.
(c) She does not want to give the Capitol the satisfaction of breaking her.
(d) She does not want to appear weak to the other tributes.
4. What can Prim sell that will help she and her mother survive?
(b) Goat milk and cheese.
(c) Fresh meat.
(d) Herbs and spices.
5. Who is on board the train with the tributes from District Twelve whose job it is to care for them?
(a) Workers from District Two.
(b) Workers from the Capitol.
(c) Workers from District Twelve.
(d) Workers from the train company.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times is Gale entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
2. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
3. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
4. What is a Peacekeeper?
5. What does reaping mean?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)