|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 3 and Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Panem?
(a) The town where Katniss lives.
(b) The hotel where Katniss lives.
(c) The country where Katniss lives.
(d) The ocean near where Katniss lives.
2. What can Prim sell that will help she and her mother survive?
(a) Fresh meat.
(c) Herbs and spices.
(d) Goat milk and cheese.
3. What item did Peeta once take a beating from his mother to give to Katniss, leaving her indebted to him?
4. What business has Katniss' mother begun running from their home?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A butcher's business.
(c) A cleaning service.
(d) An apothecary business.
5. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
(a) A mockingbird.
(b) A jabberjay.
(c) A mockingjay.
(d) A hummingbird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment does Effie Trinket make about Katniss and Peeta's eating habits?
2. What gift does the baker bring Katniss when he comes to say goodbye?
3. How many times is Gale entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
4. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
5. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)