|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 3 and Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which other tribute does Katniss take special notice of while watching the reapings from the other districts?
(a) A beautiful fisherman from District Four.
(b) The twelve year old from District Eleven.
(c) The beautiful girl from District One.
(d) A crippled boy from District Ten.
2. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
(a) A hummingbird.
(b) A mockingbird.
(c) A mockingjay.
(d) A jabberjay.
3. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
(a) They sang over him.
(b) They fell dead under his spell.
(c) They ignored him.
(d) They stopped to listen.
4. Why does Katniss refuse to cry in Part 1, Chapter 3 even as she leaves her family and home behind her?
(a) She does not want to appear weak to the other tributes.
(b) She does not want to give the Capitol the satisfaction of breaking her.
(c) She is afraid once she starts she cannot stop.
(d) She is not sad.
5. What does Katniss think of Peeta's actions?
(a) Peeta is honestly a good guy.
(b) Peeta is devious and is trying to trick her into friendship.
(c) Peeta is in love with the notoriety he has just gained as a tribute.
(d) Peeta is fighting hard to live, which means he is fighting hard to kill her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is katniss?
2. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
3. What is tesserae?
4. What can Prim sell that will help she and her mother survive?
5. What business has Katniss' mother begun running from their home?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)