|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 3 and Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
2. What is Panem?
(a) The town where Katniss lives.
(b) The ocean near where Katniss lives.
(c) The hotel where Katniss lives.
(d) The country where Katniss lives.
3. Why does Katniss refuse to cry in Part 1, Chapter 3 even as she leaves her family and home behind her?
(a) She is not sad.
(b) She does not want to appear weak to the other tributes.
(c) She does not want to give the Capitol the satisfaction of breaking her.
(d) She is afraid once she starts she cannot stop.
4. Who is on board the train with the tributes from District Twelve whose job it is to care for them?
(a) Workers from the train company.
(b) Workers from District Two.
(c) Workers from District Twelve.
(d) Workers from the Capitol.
5. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
(a) A mockingbird.
(b) A hummingbird.
(c) A mockingjay.
(d) A jabberjay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is said to live in the woods outside District Twelve that makes the fence necessary and keeps many from going into the woods?
2. What is Buttercup?
3. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
4. What does Katniss think of Peeta's actions?
5. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)