|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 3 and Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
(a) War and nuclear fallout.
(b) Excess and glutton.
(c) Natural disasters and war.
(d) Drought and famine.
2. What is a Peacekeeper?
(a) A soldier from the local district who patrol the outer borders of each district.
(b) Futuristic cops assigned to enforce the rules of each district.
(c) Politicians assigned to govern the districts.
(d) A soldier from the Capitol who is assigned to keep order in the Districts.
3. Which other tribute does Katniss take special notice of while watching the reapings from the other districts?
(a) The beautiful girl from District One.
(b) A beautiful fisherman from District Four.
(c) A crippled boy from District Ten.
(d) The twelve year old from District Eleven.
4. What is Buttercup?
(a) A goat.
(b) A cat.
(c) A goose.
(d) A dog.
5. How many times is Gale entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose is the first name called in the reaping?
2. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
3. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
4. Why does Katniss refuse to cry in Part 1, Chapter 3 even as she leaves her family and home behind her?
5. What business has Katniss' mother begun running from their home?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)