|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 3 and Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
(a) Run away.
(b) Kill Effie Trinket.
(c) Form a rebellion.
(d) Steal the collection of names from which the tributes will be chosen.
2. Why does Katniss refuse to cry in Part 1, Chapter 3 even as she leaves her family and home behind her?
(a) She is not sad.
(b) She does not want to give the Capitol the satisfaction of breaking her.
(c) She is afraid once she starts she cannot stop.
(d) She does not want to appear weak to the other tributes.
3. What was the name of the place where Panem rose out of the ashes into existence?
(a) South America.
(d) North America.
4. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
(a) Haymitch's fall from the stage.
(b) Their own appearances.
(c) The mayor's uncomfortable speech.
(d) Effie's crooked wig.
5. What is katniss?
(a) A bush that attracts wild cats.
(b) A plant with tubers that can be eaten like potatoes.
(c) A tree that grows small, red fruits.
(d) A flower with tiny blue petals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
2. What comment does Effie Trinket make about Katniss and Peeta's eating habits?
3. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
4. What is the Hob?
5. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)