|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 3 and Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is tesserae?
(a) Adding one's name additional times to the reaping in exchange for oil and grain.
(b) The order mandating all citizens watch the reaping.
(c) A weapon used in the Hunger Games.
(d) The random selection of tributes' names during the reaping.
2. What is Panem?
(a) The country where Katniss lives.
(b) The town where Katniss lives.
(c) The ocean near where Katniss lives.
(d) The hotel where Katniss lives.
3. What does Katniss throw out the window of the train?
(a) The cookies the baker gave her.
(b) A tape of the reaping.
(c) The pin Madge gave her.
(d) A dress her mother gave her.
4. What does reaping mean?
(a) To take.
(b) To harvest.
(c) To steal.
(d) To gather.
5. Whose is the first name called in the reaping?
(a) Peeta Mellark.
(b) Haymitch Abernathy.
(c) Primrose Everdeen.
(d) Katniss Everdeen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is District Twelve?
2. What nickname does Gale use with Katniss?
3. What is katniss?
4. What does Katniss think of Peeta's actions?
5. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)