|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 3 and Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katniss think of Peeta's actions?
(a) Peeta is honestly a good guy.
(b) Peeta is devious and is trying to trick her into friendship.
(c) Peeta is fighting hard to live, which means he is fighting hard to kill her.
(d) Peeta is in love with the notoriety he has just gained as a tribute.
2. What was the name of the place where Panem rose out of the ashes into existence?
(b) South America.
(c) North America.
3. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
(a) He is excited by the situation.
(b) It might intimidate the other tributes.
(c) It never hurts to be nice.
(d) One might be rich and willing to sponsor him.
4. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
(a) Form a rebellion.
(b) Kill Effie Trinket.
(c) Run away.
(d) Steal the collection of names from which the tributes will be chosen.
5. Whose is the first name called in the reaping?
(a) Katniss Everdeen.
(b) Peeta Mellark.
(c) Primrose Everdeen.
(d) Haymitch Abernathy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
2. What business has Katniss' mother begun running from their home?
3. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
4. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
5. What is Buttercup?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)