|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On whose face do the cameras remain even during the President's speech at the end of the opening ceremony?
(a) The crowd.
(b) Katniss' and Peeta's.
(c) The tributes from District One.
(d) Cinna's and Haymitch's.
2. What does Katniss note about Haymitch's appearance and behavior at dinner the first night in the training center?
(a) He is beligerant and angry.
(b) He is clean and appears sober.
(c) He is drunk and dirty.
(d) He is calm and friendly.
3. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
(a) Run away.
(b) Form a rebellion.
(c) Kill Effie Trinket.
(d) Steal the collection of names from which the tributes will be chosen.
4. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
(a) It might intimidate the other tributes.
(b) He is excited by the situation.
(c) It never hurts to be nice.
(d) One might be rich and willing to sponsor him.
5. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
(a) Drought and famine.
(b) War and nuclear fallout.
(c) Excess and glutton.
(d) Natural disasters and war.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
2. What is Katniss' design team doing to her as Part 1, Chapter 5 begins?
3. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
4. Who does Peeta think Gale is to Katniss in Part 1, Chapter 6?
5. What is Panem?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)