|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the distinct elements of fashion in the Capitol that Katniss notes among her design team?
(a) Coloring one's nails unfortunate colors.
(b) Wearing odd combinations of clothing.
(c) Coloring one's hair and skin bright colors.
(d) Wearing tight clothing.
2. What is the object of the outfits the tributes wear in the opening ceremony?
(a) To show off their district pride.
(b) To represent their industry in their district.
(c) To represent their special interests and hobbies.
(d) To show off their strengths.
3. What catches Katniss' attention about the dessert served the first night in the training center?
(a) It is made with rare berries.
(b) It is flavored with powdered sugar.
(c) It burns.
(d) It is four layers tall.
4. What is the Seam?
(a) The section of District Twelve where the coal miners live.
(b) The edge of District Twelve's boundary.
(c) The end of the earth.
(d) The illegal trading post in District Twelve.
5. What business has Katniss' mother begun running from their home?
(a) A butcher's business.
(b) An apothecary business.
(c) A bakery.
(d) A cleaning service.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose is the first name called in the reaping?
2. Why does Katniss refuse to cry in Part 1, Chapter 3 even as she leaves her family and home behind her?
3. Which other tribute does Katniss take special notice of while watching the reapings from the other districts?
4. What gadgets in her bedroom in Part 1, Chapter 6 impress Katniss on her first night there?
5. Who is the first to greet Katniss and Peeta as they enter the Training Center?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)