|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is District Twelve?
(a) A fishing community in Panem.
(b) An agricultural community in Panem.
(c) An industrial community in Panem.
(d) A coal mining community in Panem.
2. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
(a) Form a rebellion.
(b) Kill Effie Trinket.
(c) Steal the collection of names from which the tributes will be chosen.
(d) Run away.
3. Who is in Katniss' room when she returns from talking to Peeta on the roof?
(b) The Avox.
4. What does Katniss think of the meal she shares with Cinna on their first meeting?
(a) It is too rich.
(b) That she could never afford to make such a meal in Distict Twelve.
(c) It does not taste very good.
(d) That the Capitol is trying to starve her before the Hunger Games.
5. What gift does the baker bring Katniss when he comes to say goodbye?
(a) A locket.
(b) A cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the place where Panem rose out of the ashes into existence?
2. What item did Peeta once take a beating from his mother to give to Katniss, leaving her indebted to him?
3. Who is on board the train with the tributes from District Twelve whose job it is to care for them?
4. What business has Katniss' mother begun running from their home?
5. What nickname does Gale use with Katniss?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)