|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katniss refuse to cry in Part 1, Chapter 3 even as she leaves her family and home behind her?
(a) She does not want to appear weak to the other tributes.
(b) She is not sad.
(c) She is afraid once she starts she cannot stop.
(d) She does not want to give the Capitol the satisfaction of breaking her.
2. What does Katniss throw out the window of the train?
(a) A dress her mother gave her.
(b) The pin Madge gave her.
(c) A tape of the reaping.
(d) The cookies the baker gave her.
3. What does Katniss note about Haymitch's appearance and behavior at dinner the first night in the training center?
(a) He is beligerant and angry.
(b) He is clean and appears sober.
(c) He is drunk and dirty.
(d) He is calm and friendly.
4. What is Buttercup?
(a) A goose.
(b) A goat.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
5. On whose face do the cameras remain even during the President's speech at the end of the opening ceremony?
(a) Cinna's and Haymitch's.
(b) The tributes from District One.
(c) The crowd.
(d) Katniss' and Peeta's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose is the first name called in the reaping?
2. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
3. What business has Katniss' mother begun running from their home?
4. What gift does the baker bring Katniss when he comes to say goodbye?
5. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)