|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Gale use with Katniss?
2. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
(a) Excess and glutton.
(b) Drought and famine.
(c) War and nuclear fallout.
(d) Natural disasters and war.
3. What comment does Effie Trinket make about Katniss and Peeta's eating habits?
(a) At least they have table manners.
(b) They should be less bold.
(c) They should learn table manners.
(d) They should get over their shyness.
4. What does reaping mean?
(a) To steal.
(b) To harvest.
(c) To take.
(d) To gather.
5. What is Katniss' design team doing to her as Part 1, Chapter 5 begins?
(a) Shaping her nails.
(b) Scrubbing the dirt from her skin.
(c) Removing all the hair on her body.
(d) Polishing her teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss think of Peeta's actions?
2. Why does Katniss think the Avox remembers her from the woods on the day of the girl's capture?
3. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
4. Whose is the first name called in the reaping?
5. What does Katniss note about Haymitch's appearance and behavior at dinner the first night in the training center?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)