|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does reaping mean?
(a) To steal.
(b) To harvest.
(c) To take.
(d) To gather.
2. What nickname does Gale use with Katniss?
3. Which other tribute does Katniss take special notice of while watching the reapings from the other districts?
(a) A crippled boy from District Ten.
(b) A beautiful fisherman from District Four.
(c) The twelve year old from District Eleven.
(d) The beautiful girl from District One.
4. What gadgets in her bedroom in Part 1, Chapter 6 impress Katniss on her first night there?
(a) The shower options and the hair untangler, brusher.
(b) The radio.
(c) The game consol.
(d) The television.
5. Why does Katniss think the Avox remembers her from the woods on the day of the girl's capture?
(a) You do not forget your last friend.
(b) You do not forget your last living relative.
(c) You do not forget your last hope.
(d) You do not forget your last conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times is Gale entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
2. What does Haymitch consider a rebellion about Peeta and Katniss' actions in the opening ceremonies?
3. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
4. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
5. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)