|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katniss think the Avox remembers her from the woods on the day of the girl's capture?
(a) You do not forget your last hope.
(b) You do not forget your last conversation.
(c) You do not forget your last friend.
(d) You do not forget your last living relative.
2. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
(a) Effie's crooked wig.
(b) Haymitch's fall from the stage.
(c) Their own appearances.
(d) The mayor's uncomfortable speech.
3. What mode of transportation does Katniss ride after the opening ceremonies that she would like to ride again but feels it might be childish?
(a) A crystal elevator.
(b) An escalator.
(c) A subway train.
(d) A shuttle bus.
4. What does Haymitch consider a rebellion about Peeta and Katniss' actions in the opening ceremonies?
(a) Their fire suits.
(b) Their holding hands.
(c) Their choice to sit together in the chariot.
(d) Their refusal to listen to the president's speech.
5. Which other tribute does Katniss take special notice of while watching the reapings from the other districts?
(a) A beautiful fisherman from District Four.
(b) The twelve year old from District Eleven.
(c) A crippled boy from District Ten.
(d) The beautiful girl from District One.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
2. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
3. What catches Katniss' attention about the dessert served the first night in the training center?
4. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
5. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)