|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the "old timers" on the ship say about Aubrey when he leaves the harbor with the French consort?
2. How does Aubrey know Mercedes?
3. How does Mustapha feel about Sciahan?
4. What is important for Aubrey to know about the potentates he will be meeting with?
5. Where is Aubrey commanded to go after he gets a new ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What competition is held on Aubrey's new ship, and who wins?
2. Why does Graham opt for a long negotiation in the Ionian Region?
3. What is the political climate like in the Ionian Region at this time?
4. What destroys the Worcester in the end?
5. What daring move does Aubrey make to defeat Mustapha at the end of the book?
6. How are the French able to break through the blockade?
7. What does Aubrey do to try and save the sinking Worcester?
8. What is Aubrey's first mission on his new ship?
9. What does Maturin do at the clandestine meeting, and why?
10. What news does Harte bring to Aubrey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How were the three Ionian leaders different from each other, and how did these differences affect Aubrey's decision in that area?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
Essay Topic 3
How is Aubrey changed after his experiences on the Worcester, and how does this affect his life after the experience?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)