|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many guns are on the Kitabi?
2. Why does Aubrey make a certain restriction when entering the harbor where the French are anchored?
3. What will the potentates bargain for?
4. What is Torgud?
5. Where is Aubrey able to rendezvous with Maturin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aubrey do to try and save the sinking Worcester?
2. What does Aubrey like about Davis?
3. What do the men on the Worcester think of Aubrey when they leave the harbor where the French consort is anchored?
4. What causes the delay of the powder promised to Sciahan?
5. What daring move does Aubrey make to defeat Mustapha at the end of the book?
6. Why is it so surprising that Aubrey is able to defeat Mustapha?
7. What does Aubrey hope to do when he gets to Mahon early?
8. How are the French able to break through the blockade?
9. What does Mustapha do when he hears Aubrey has aligned himself with Sciahan?
10. What ship is Aubrey given after the Worcester is declared unseaworthy, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the setting of a ship affect the tone and action of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What caused Thornton to retire, and what were the reactions to this decision?
Essay Topic 3
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes, and how does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)