|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aubrey like Mustapha more than Ismail?
2. What causes Mustapha to rebel against the Brittish?
3. Who represents Sciahan when Aubrey gets to his place?
4. What causes the Ionaion Region's political climate to dissolve at the end of the book?
5. Where do the French escape into after the conflict at the blockade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aubrey think of Ismail Bey?
2. What does Aubrey like about Davis?
3. Why is it so surprising that Aubrey is able to defeat Mustapha?
4. Why does Harte give Aubrey the mission he does when he first takes command of the blockade?
5. What does Aubrey hope to do when he gets to Mahon early?
6. What is the political climate like in the Ionian Region at this time?
7. How are the French able to break through the blockade?
8. What competition is held on Aubrey's new ship, and who wins?
9. What is Aubrey's first mission on his new ship?
10. Why is Aubrey not able to do what he wanted at Mahon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
Essay Topic 2
Where is comic relief present in the book, and how did these instances affect the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was an emotion that affected a number of the characters in this book. Which characters were most affected by despair, and how did this change the course of the plot branches they were involved in?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)