|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different on every ship?
2. How does Aubrey describe Ismail Bey?
3. What causes the Ionaion Region's political climate to dissolve at the end of the book?
4. What kind of sickness does Aubrey get while Maturin is gone?
5. How did Aubrey once save Davis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maturin do at the clandestine meeting, and why?
2. What does Aubrey think of Ismail Bey?
3. What is Aubrey's first mission on his new ship?
4. What does Aubrey hope to do when he gets to Mahon early?
5. Why is it so surprising that Aubrey is able to defeat Mustapha?
6. What do the men on the Worcester think of Aubrey when they leave the harbor where the French consort is anchored?
7. What does Mustapha do when he hears Aubrey has aligned himself with Sciahan?
8. What does Aubrey think of Mustapha?
9. Why is Aubrey so disappointed when the leaves the harbor where the French Consort was anchored?
10. Why is is so hard for Aubrey to make an agreement with Sciahan at first?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was the inclusion of the theme of loneliness so ironic for this book, and what came of the loneliness felt by the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was an emotion that affected a number of the characters in this book. Which characters were most affected by despair, and how did this change the course of the plot branches they were involved in?
Essay Topic 3
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes, and how does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)