|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Davis view being under Aubrey's command?
(a) It is the quickest way to promotion.
(b) It is a privilege.
(c) It is just another post.
(d) It is embarrassing.
2. What does Graham dislike about Aubrey's decision in the Ionian Region?
(a) It was not binding.
(b) It was not commanded.
(c) It was not beneficial.
(d) It was too impetuous.
3. What delays the powder promised to the Ionian Region?
(a) Strange currents.
(b) The blockade.
(c) A battle.
(d) Strong winds.
4. What is Davis's first name?
5. What will the potentates bargain for?
(b) French land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who represents Sciahan when Aubrey gets to his place?
2. What does the narrator say is the better part of valor?
3. Why does Graham think negotiations in the Ionian Region should be extensive?
4. What shatters the internal structure of the Worcester?
5. What marks Aubrey's victory against Mustapha?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ship is Aubrey given after the Worcester is declared unseaworthy, and why?
2. What news does Harte bring to Aubrey?
3. What does Mustapha do when he hears Aubrey has aligned himself with Sciahan?
4. Why is Aubrey not able to do what he wanted at Mahon?
5. What does Maturin do at the clandestine meeting, and why?
6. Why does Thornton turn his command over to Harte?
7. What does Aubrey hope to do when he gets to Mahon early?
8. Why does Graham opt for a long negotiation in the Ionian Region?
9. What does Aubrey do to try and save the sinking Worcester?
10. What kind of illness does Aubrey battle while Maturin is away?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)