|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aubrey to do after leaving the blockade?
(a) Deliver a political delegation.
(b) Confront enemy shores.
(c) Pick up Maturin.
(d) Scout out a new position of strength.
2. Who is killed when the Suprise attacks the French's rear?
(a) A Parson.
(b) The political delegate.
(c) The captain.
(d) A French spy.
3. What does the narrator say is the better part of valor?
4. How many ships does Aubrey take with his as he heads to meet with the potentates?
5. How many potentates will Aubrey have to deal with on his new ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Babbington rescue during the blockade battle?
2. Who does Aubrey think is dead after the battle?
3. How many guns are on the Kitabi?
4. What does Aubrey do to win the battle with the Kitabi?
5. What disappoints Aubrey as he leaves the harbor where the French were anchored?
Short Essay Questions
1. What daring move does Aubrey make to defeat Mustapha at the end of the book?
2. How are the French able to break through the blockade?
3. What does Aubrey think of Sciahan Bey?
4. What ship is Aubrey given after the Worcester is declared unseaworthy, and why?
5. How does Davis feel about Aubrey, and why?
6. Why does Aubrey refuse to fire on the French ship anchored in the harbor?
7. Why does Harte give Aubrey the mission he does when he first takes command of the blockade?
8. Why does Graham opt for a long negotiation in the Ionian Region?
9. What does Maturin do at the clandestine meeting, and why?
10. What causes the delay of the powder promised to Sciahan?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)