|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Thornton give his command to when he goes home?
2. Where does the French ship head after breaking through the blockade?
3. How does Harte feel about Aubrey?
(a) He likes him.
(b) He is suspicious of him.
(c) He respects him.
(d) He hates him.
4. Why did things not go as expected for Aubrey when he went into the harbor with the French consort?
(a) They mistook Aubrey for someone else.
(b) They were all keeping neutrality agreements.
(c) They were low on food.
(d) They were afraid of the secret weapon rumors.
5. How is Aubrey shown the tactical advantage of helping Sciahan?
(a) He is taken on a tour.
(b) He sails around the horn.
(c) He is shown a map.
(d) He is given a history to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aubrey combat his loneliness when Maturin is gone?
2. How many ships does Aubrey defeat at the end of the book?
3. What does Graham dislike about Aubrey's decision in the Ionian Region?
4. What does Aubrey do to the bottom of the sinking Worcester?
5. What causes Mustapha to rebel against the Brittish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maturin do at the clandestine meeting, and why?
2. What do the men on the Worcester think of Aubrey when they leave the harbor where the French consort is anchored?
3. Why is Aubrey not able to do what he wanted at Mahon?
4. Why does Aubrey refuse to fire on the French ship anchored in the harbor?
5. What does Aubrey think of Sciahan Bey?
6. What is the political climate like in the Ionian Region at this time?
7. Why is it so surprising that Aubrey is able to defeat Mustapha?
8. What does Aubrey think of Mustapha?
9. How does Davis feel about Aubrey, and why?
10. What does Mustapha do when he hears Aubrey has aligned himself with Sciahan?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)