|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aubrey describe Sciahan?
2. Why does Thornton choose to go home after the conflict at the blockade?
(a) His contracted time at duty has lapsed.
(b) He has been ordered to do so.
(c) He lost the battle.
(d) He is too weary to continue.
3. What does Maturin call the clandestine rendezvous?
(a) A mistake.
(b) A farce.
(c) A necessary evil.
(d) A delegation.
4. What is Thornton desperate for after his time on the blockade?
(a) Some combat.
(c) To be on land.
(d) Word from his family.
5. Where is Thornton waiting for Aubrey when he returns to the blockade?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Aubrey once save Davis?
2. What does Aubrey do to the bottom of the sinking Worcester?
3. What is important for Aubrey to know about the potentates he will be meeting with?
4. Where does Mustapha live?
5. How does Mustapha feel about Sciahan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is is so hard for Aubrey to make an agreement with Sciahan at first?
2. What does Aubrey think of Ismail Bey?
3. What news does Harte bring to Aubrey?
4. What competition is held on Aubrey's new ship, and who wins?
5. Why is Aubrey so disappointed when the leaves the harbor where the French Consort was anchored?
6. How does Aubrey feel when the Worcester is declared as unseawothy?
7. Why does Graham opt for a long negotiation in the Ionian Region?
8. What does Aubrey hope to do when he gets to Mahon early?
9. What does Aubrey like about Davis?
10. What is Aubrey's first mission on his new ship?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)