|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aubrey know Babbington so well?
(a) He trained Babbington.
(b) He went to school with him.
(c) They fought in the war together.
(d) He was on trial with him once.
2. What is Maturin's occupation?
3. What is the nick-name of the Worcester?
(a) The Bait and Thief.
(b) One of the Forty Thieves.
(c) The Avenger.
(d) The Trap.
4. How does Aubrey feel when Maturin is called away?
5. What is Babbington's title in the Navy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of patient is Maturin?
2. What hits Maturin on the head?
3. Why does Aubrey spend a small fortune of his own money on something for the ship?
4. How does the narrator describe Maturin?
5. What does Aubrey call his biggest burden as a captain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is a blockade duty so wearing on a ship and its crew?
2. How do the crew feel about the Worcester, and why?
3. What do Aubrey and Maturin discuss about music?
4. What is the Worcester's nickname, and why?
5. Why does Thornton choose to focus so much on the Ionian region?
6. How is Maturin wounded?
7. How does Martin convince people to not hurt the birds?
8. What does blockade duty entail?
9. What format is Chapter 4 set up in?
10. Why does Aubrey get so excited when he sees Latham and his ship join the blockade?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)