|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Jemmapes from?
2. Where is the Worcester heading after leaving England?
(a) The Indies.
(b) The Baltic.
(c) The Red Sea.
(d) The Mediterranean.
3. What is the name of Maturin's wife?
4. What is Maturin's first name?
5. Who orders the crew to leave the birds alone?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey do at the first stop the Worcester makes?
2. What does Aubrey call his biggest burden as a captain?
3. Who gets mad about the treatment of the birds that land on the ship?
4. What does Yeats say will ruin him?
5. What do the crew dislike most about the Worcester?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is strange about the practice runs done at sea with the cannons?
2. How do the crew feel about the Worcester, and why?
3. How is Maturin wounded?
4. How does Aubrey feel when Maturin is called to Spain, and why?
5. Why does Thornton choose to focus so much on the Ionian region?
6. How does Martin convince people to not hurt the birds?
7. What do Maturin and Martin have in common, and what do they do together?
8. Why is Aubrey so worried about Thornton's health?
9. What does Aubrey do for the ship that impresses his crew?
10. What is Maturin's job?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)