|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aubrey delay setting sail on the Worcester?
(a) He is waiting for his paper.
(b) He needs a favorable wind.
(c) He is waiting for Maturin.
(d) He needs the all clear signal.
2. Why does Aubrey spend a small fortune of his own money on something for the ship?
(a) So he can rest easy.
(b) So he can sail according to Navy restrictions.
(c) So they look the part.
(d) So the crew can practice shooting.
3. What forces the Worcester to leave the blockade?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A battle.
(c) A court ruling.
(d) A storm.
4. How does Aubrey know Babbington so well?
(a) He trained Babbington.
(b) He went to school with him.
(c) They fought in the war together.
(d) He was on trial with him once.
5. What kind of people will the Worcester deliver to destinations?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey spend a small fortune on for the ship?
2. Why do the crew not want to deliver people to destinations?
3. Who is badly injured after the run-in with the Jemmapes?
4. How is Maturin embarrassed when he first boards the Worcester?
5. Why does Maturin take pity on Yeats?
Short Essay Questions
1. What format is Chapter 4 set up in?
2. Please explain the relationship between Maturin and his wife.
3. Why is Maturin rarely at home?
4. What does Aubrey do for the ship that impresses his crew?
5. Why does Aubrey avoid Maturin when he first comes aboard the ship?
6. What causes the Jemmapes to flee from the altercation with the Worcester?
7. Why is Aubrey so worried about Thornton's health?
8. Why do the crewmen of the Worcester not want to transport Parsons?
9. What is the Worcester's nickname, and why?
10. How do the crew feel about the Worcester, and why?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)