|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Maturin?
(d) All of these.
2. Where will Aubrey go if he refuses the post on the Worcester?
(a) A tropical trip.
(b) The hospital.
(c) A care center.
(d) Debtor's prison.
3. How does Aubrey feel about Dundas?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He distrusts him.
(c) He likes him.
(d) He doesn't have strong feelings either way?
4. What causes the flock of birds to fly over the blockade?
(a) Strange currents.
(b) A cold front.
(c) Strong winds.
(d) An insect hoarde.
5. What keeps Maturin away from home for long periods of time?
(a) His publishing tours.
(b) His job with the Navy.
(c) His bouts of sickness.
(d) His scientific studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Graham's job on the ship?
2. What is the name of Dundas's ship?
3. What happens to make Maturin deathly ill after he is hit in the head?
4. What does Aubrey dislike about his father?
5. What forces the Worcester to leave the blockade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Aubrey when he meets Thornton?
2. How is Somers a danger to the whole ship?
3. Why does Aubrey choose to captain the Worcester even though he doesn't want to?
4. What happens when a strong wind blows birds over the ship?
5. What is the mission the Worcester has been sent on?
6. What is Maturin's job?
7. What do Maturin and Martin have in common, and what do they do together?
8. What format is Chapter 4 set up in?
9. Why does Thornton choose to focus so much on the Ionian region?
10. Why is Maturin excited to sail on the Worcester?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)