|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aubrey's title in the Navy?
2. Where does the Worcester make her first stop?
(d) New Hampshire.
3. Why is Aubrey so worried about Thornton's health?
(a) It seems as though he is hiding something.
(b) He has always been very energetic.
(c) He saw all the medicines he is taking.
(d) He seems to have improved overnight.
4. What do the crew do when the birds land on the ship?
(a) Throw them overboard.
(b) Kick and stomp on them.
(c) Kill them for food.
(d) Capture them in cages.
5. Who is England at conflict with in this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to make Maturin deathly ill after he is hit in the head?
2. Who disobeys the order to leave the birds on the ship alone?
3. What causes the flock of birds to fly over the blockade?
4. What is Latham's ship called?
5. What is the name of Maturin's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two events in this chapter cheer up Aubrey?
2. Why is Maturin rarely at home?
3. What format is Chapter 4 set up in?
4. What do Maturin and Martin have in common, and what do they do together?
5. How is Somers a danger to the whole ship?
6. How is Maturin wounded?
7. Why does Aubrey choose to captain the Worcester even though he doesn't want to?
8. How does Martin convince people to not hurt the birds?
9. What does blockade duty entail?
10. Please explain the relationship between Maturin and his wife.
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)