|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aubrey's first name?
2. Who is England at conflict with in this book?
3. What is Babbington's title in the Navy?
4. How does the narrator describe Maturin?
(a) All of these.
5. What does Aubrey say the Navy does not stock their ships well with?
(a) Practice powder.
(b) Spare wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mowett scold Maturin for on the ship?
2. What do the crew do when the birds land on the ship?
3. What is Aubrey's main personal problem?
4. What happens when the crew fires on the first practice session?
5. What does the crew of the Jemmapes fear when Aubrey fires on them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Aubrey when he meets Thornton?
2. Why is Maturin excited to sail on the Worcester?
3. Why does Aubrey avoid Maturin when he first comes aboard the ship?
4. Why does Aubrey choose to captain the Worcester even though he doesn't want to?
5. Why is Aubrey so worried about Thornton's health?
6. What does blockade duty entail?
7. Why do the crewmen of the Worcester not want to transport Parsons?
8. What format is Chapter 4 set up in?
9. What happens when a strong wind blows birds over the ship?
10. What do Maturin and Martin have in common, and what do they do together?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)