|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have the birds eaten that might be dangerous to the crew?
(a) Poisonous seeds.
(b) Lead pellets.
(c) Poisonous insects.
(d) Dyed pellets.
2. Why does someone get mad about how the crew treats the birds that land on the ship?
(a) It makes a big mess.
(b) He is a naturalist.
(c) They act without orders or permission.
(d) It is a huge distraction.
3. Who is England at conflict with in this book?
4. What causes a crew member to be so disobedient to the order about the birds?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is insane.
5. What region is Thornton most worried about with the blockade?
(a) The Baltic region.
(b) The Mediterranean region.
(c) The French region.
(d) The Ionian region.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mowett scold Maturin for on the ship?
2. What is Maturin's occupation?
3. What is Pullings' title in the Navy?
4. What does the crew of the Jemmapes fear when Aubrey fires on them?
5. How is Maturin embarrassed when he first boards the Worcester?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aubrey choose to captain the Worcester even though he doesn't want to?
2. What causes the Jemmapes to flee from the altercation with the Worcester?
3. What do Aubrey and Maturin discuss about music?
4. What does Aubrey do for the ship that impresses his crew?
5. What is the Worcester's nickname, and why?
6. What is Maturin's job?
7. What do Maturin and Martin have in common, and what do they do together?
8. What about Martin does Maturin not like, and what does he do about this?
9. How is Maturin wounded?
10. What is strange about the practice runs done at sea with the cannons?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)