|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ships does Aubrey take with his as he heads to meet with the potentates?
2. What does Thornton tell captains in the blockade to do once the French have broken through?
(a) Follow his lead.
(b) Keep the blockade.
(c) Act independantly.
(d) Enact the spy catcher plan.
3. What is most harmful to the Worcester while on blockade duty?
(a) Poor maintenance.
(b) Bad weather.
4. What ship is Aubrey given command of when Thornton heads for home?
5. Who is Maturin supposed to meet with at the clandestine rendezvous?
(a) Neutral rebels.
(b) French turncoats.
(c) British spies.
(d) Spanish allies.
6. What does Aubrey not like about Mustapha's ambitions?
(a) They are violent.
(b) They are personal.
(c) They are forgettable.
(d) They are weak.
7. What is different on every ship?
(a) The sail mechanisms.
(b) The layout.
(c) The kind of wood.
(d) The ropes and knots.
8. Why does Harte give Aubrey the mission of meeting with the potentates?
(a) He knows Aubrey will succeed.
(b) He hates Aubrey.
(c) He wants Aubrey out of the way.
(d) He needs an opening in the blockade.
9. How does Davis view being under Aubrey's command?
(a) It is the quickest way to promotion.
(b) It is just another post.
(c) It is a privilege.
(d) It is embarrassing.
10. Where is Aubrey commanded to go after he gets a new ship?
(a) A Persian harbor.
(b) The Ionian Region.
(d) The Indies.
11. What marks Aubrey's victory against Mustapha?
(a) The Kitabi burning.
(b) Mustapha drowning.
(c) Sciahan coming to his aid.
(d) The Torgud sinking.
12. Why does Thornton choose to go home after the conflict at the blockade?
(a) He lost the battle.
(b) His contracted time at duty has lapsed.
(c) He has been ordered to do so.
(d) He is too weary to continue.
13. What ruins the chances of Aubrey getting romantic with Mercedes?
(a) Maturin appears.
(b) She is in a relationship.
(c) Aubrey gets sick.
(d) Shots are heard.
14. How does Mustapha feel about Sciahan?
(a) He respects him.
(b) He fears him.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He enjoys his company.
15. Where does Sciahan live?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Aubrey shown the tactical advantage of helping Sciahan?
2. What kind of competition is held for the officers on Aubrey's new ship?
3. How does Aubrey know Mercedes?
4. What kind of regions is Aubrey told to be delicate around?
5. What does the Worcester do when the French break through the blockade?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)