|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who disagrees with Aubrey about Ismail?
2. Who did Babbington rescue during the blockade battle?
(a) A French fleet.
(b) Some persian officials.
(c) Some young women.
3. What allows the French to break through the blockade?
(a) A big storm.
(b) A break in the blockade.
(c) A neutral ally helping them.
(d) A night-time maneuver.
4. How is Aubrey shown the tactical advantage of helping Sciahan?
(a) He is shown a map.
(b) He sails around the horn.
(c) He is taken on a tour.
(d) He is given a history to read.
5. How many guns are on the Kitabi?
6. Where is Aubrey able to rendezvous with Maturin?
7. Who represents Sciahan when Aubrey gets to his place?
(a) Bishop Gregor.
(b) Rabbi Farnsworth.
(c) Father Adros.
(d) Parson Martin.
8. What does Aubrey wrap the sinking hull with?
(b) Tar and gum.
(d) A sail.
9. How does Ismail feel about Sciahan?
(a) He enjoys his company.
(b) He respects him.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He fears him.
10. Who owns the Kitabi?
11. What shatters the internal structure of the Worcester?
(a) The falling mast.
(b) Pounding waves.
(c) A cannon.
(d) An internal explosion.
12. What does Aubrey not like about Mustapha's ambitions?
(a) They are personal.
(b) They are forgettable.
(c) They are violent.
(d) They are weak.
13. What is Davis very skilled in?
(a) Tying knots.
(b) Getting around bureaucratics.
(d) Charting courses.
14. What ship is Aubrey given command of when Thornton heads for home?
15. How does Harte feel about Aubrey?
(a) He likes him.
(b) He is suspicious of him.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He respects him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is important for Aubrey to know about the potentates he will be meeting with?
2. Who disagrees with Aubrey about Mustapha?
3. What causes the Ionaion Region's political climate to dissolve at the end of the book?
4. What does Thornton threaten Aubrey with when he returns to the blockade?
5. What does Maturin call the clandestine rendezvous?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)