|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aubrey do to win the battle with the Kitabi?
(a) Boards the ship.
(b) Sets fire to the ship.
(c) Makes a new deal with Mustapha.
(d) Sinks the ship.
2. What is most harmful to the Worcester while on blockade duty?
(c) Poor maintenance.
(d) Bad weather.
3. Why is Thornton angry with Aubrey when he returns to the blockade?
(a) He tried to rile up the French.
(b) He did not engage the French.
(c) He violated neutrality rules.
(d) He was late returning.
4. What kind of harbor is a French consort anchored in?
(a) A Spanish harbor.
(b) A French harbor.
(c) A neutral harbor.
(d) A natural reef protected harbor.
5. How does Mustapha feel about Sciahan?
(a) He respects him.
(b) He fears him.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He enjoys his company.
6. What causes Mustapha to rebel against the Brittish?
(a) The sight of the powder ships.
(b) A new deal and offer from the French.
(c) A meeting with Harte.
(d) News that his offer was rejected.
7. What is Aubrey to do after leaving the blockade?
(a) Pick up Maturin.
(b) Deliver a political delegation.
(c) Scout out a new position of strength.
(d) Confront enemy shores.
8. Who disagrees with Aubrey about Mustapha?
9. Why does Aubrey not think Ismail can win?
(a) He has no military skills.
(b) He worries too much about his children.
(c) He is too old.
(d) He has no loyalties.
10. Why does Thornton choose to go home after the conflict at the blockade?
(a) He is too weary to continue.
(b) His contracted time at duty has lapsed.
(c) He lost the battle.
(d) He has been ordered to do so.
11. What is important for Aubrey to know about the potentates he will be meeting with?
(a) They are destitute.
(b) They are not intelligent.
(c) They hate each other.
(d) They are leaning towards the French alliance.
12. Why does Aubrey like Mustapha more than Ismail?
(a) He speaks English.
(b) He is a sailor.
(c) He has a warrior's heart.
(d) He is intelligent.
13. What is Davis's first name?
14. Who does Aubrey think is dead after the battle?
15. Why did things not go as expected for Aubrey when he went into the harbor with the French consort?
(a) They were all keeping neutrality agreements.
(b) They mistook Aubrey for someone else.
(c) They were low on food.
(d) They were afraid of the secret weapon rumors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What delays the powder promised to the Ionian Region?
2. How does Aubrey combat his loneliness when Maturin is gone?
3. Where does Aubrey take Maturin after leaving Mercedes?
4. Why does Graham think negotiations in the Ionian Region should be extensive?
5. How does Aubrey describe Mustapha?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)