|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disappoints Aubrey as he leaves the harbor where the French were anchored?
(a) They do not fire on him.
(b) They do not recognize him.
(c) They do not send a message.
(d) They fire on him.
2. What is important for Aubrey to know about the potentates he will be meeting with?
(a) They are leaning towards the French alliance.
(b) They are destitute.
(c) They hate each other.
(d) They are not intelligent.
3. Why does Aubrey make a certain restriction when entering the harbor where the French are anchored?
(a) It would put them behind schedule.
(b) It would ruin the plan.
(c) He knows he can't take them.
(d) He doesn't want to ruin the harbor's neutrality.
4. What does the crew have to pay most attention to during a storm?
(a) The leaks.
(b) The mast.
(c) The sails.
(d) The cargo hold.
5. What is Thornton desperate for after his time on the blockade?
(b) Word from his family.
(c) Some combat.
(d) To be on land.
6. What will the potentates bargain for?
(b) French land.
7. What is Aubrey to do after leaving the blockade?
(a) Confront enemy shores.
(b) Pick up Maturin.
(c) Scout out a new position of strength.
(d) Deliver a political delegation.
8. Where is Aubrey able to rendezvous with Maturin?
9. What causes the mistakes Maturin has to cover up when he is back with Aubrey?
(a) Unexperienced agents.
(b) Bad weather.
(c) A spy.
10. Where is Aubrey commanded to go after he gets a new ship?
(b) The Ionian Region.
(c) The Indies.
(d) A Persian harbor.
11. Why does Graham think negotiations in the Ionian Region should be extensive?
(a) It will look better for Brittain.
(b) It will buy them time.
(c) It will raise the price of their help.
(d) It will prove their fairness and equality.
12. How did Aubrey once save Davis?
(a) He stopped an execution.
(b) He fought off an attack on Davis.
(c) He kept him from committing suicide.
(d) He saved him from drowning.
13. What does Aubrey do to win the battle with the Kitabi?
(a) Sets fire to the ship.
(b) Boards the ship.
(c) Makes a new deal with Mustapha.
(d) Sinks the ship.
14. Why does Aubrey not think Ismail can win?
(a) He has no loyalties.
(b) He is too old.
(c) He worries too much about his children.
(d) He has no military skills.
15. How does Aubrey describe Mustapha?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aubrey describe Sciahan?
2. What does Aubrey do on the day he meets with Sciahan?
3. Where does Aubrey take Maturin after leaving Mercedes?
4. What does Aubrey do to the bottom of the sinking Worcester?
5. How many ships does Aubrey defeat at the end of the book?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)