|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Aubrey commanded to deliver on his new ship?
2. How is Aubrey shown the tactical advantage of helping Sciahan?
(a) He is shown a map.
(b) He sails around the horn.
(c) He is taken on a tour.
(d) He is given a history to read.
3. Where does Aubrey take Maturin after leaving Mercedes?
(a) A bar.
(b) The front lines.
(c) A safe harbor.
(d) A political meeting.
4. Who does Aubrey think is dead after the battle?
5. What kind of sickness does Aubrey get while Maturin is gone?
(a) A cold.
(b) Gout in his foot.
(c) A gash on his arm.
(d) A rash.
6. What does Aubrey not like about Mustapha's ambitions?
(a) They are weak.
(b) They are personal.
(c) They are forgettable.
(d) They are violent.
7. What does Aubrey wrap the sinking hull with?
(a) Tar and gum.
(d) A sail.
8. What kind of competition is held for the officers on Aubrey's new ship?
(c) Target shooting.
9. What is Davis's first name?
10. Why is Thornton angry with Aubrey when he returns to the blockade?
(a) He was late returning.
(b) He did not engage the French.
(c) He tried to rile up the French.
(d) He violated neutrality rules.
11. Who is Maturin supposed to meet with at the clandestine rendezvous?
(a) British spies.
(b) French turncoats.
(c) Neutral rebels.
(d) Spanish allies.
12. What happens when morale drops on the Worcester?
(a) All of these.
(b) Fighting starts.
(c) Disobedience flourishes.
(d) Sickness comes in.
13. What does Aubrey do when Maturin is not at the rendezvous point?
(a) Sends a foraging party to shore.
(b) Goes looking for an old lover.
(c) Starts some music on the ship.
(d) Catches up on paperwork.
14. What ruins the chances of Aubrey getting romantic with Mercedes?
(a) Aubrey gets sick.
(b) Maturin appears.
(c) Shots are heard.
(d) She is in a relationship.
15. What ship does Aubrey take with him on his new duty after leaving the blockade?
(a) The Surprise.
(b) The Excellent.
(c) The Flame Thrower.
(d) The Polyphemus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey do on the day he meets with Sciahan?
2. Why did things not go as expected for Aubrey when he went into the harbor with the French consort?
3. Who is wounded at the clandestine rendezvous?
4. What is different on every ship?
5. How does Aubrey know Mercedes?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)