|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Worcester make her first stop?
(d) New Hampshire.
2. What about Graham is said to be nearly perfect?
(a) His memory.
(b) His strategy.
(c) His linguistic skills.
(d) His judgement.
3. Who is badly injured after the run-in with the Jemmapes?
4. What have the birds eaten that might be dangerous to the crew?
(a) Lead pellets.
(b) Poisonous insects.
(c) Dyed pellets.
(d) Poisonous seeds.
5. What is Maturin's occupation?
6. Why does someone get mad about how the crew treats the birds that land on the ship?
(a) They act without orders or permission.
(b) It is a huge distraction.
(c) He is a naturalist.
(d) It makes a big mess.
7. What is Aubrey's main personal problem?
(a) He has a terminal disease.
(b) He is losing his memory.
(c) His wife is sick.
(d) He is deep in debt.
8. What do the officers gossip about while at the first stop?
(a) The personalities of the crew.
(b) All of these.
(c) What the mission will be.
(d) Other officers.
9. What is Maturin's first name?
10. Where is the Jemmapes from?
11. What region is Thornton most worried about with the blockade?
(a) The French region.
(b) The Mediterranean region.
(c) The Baltic region.
(d) The Ionian region.
12. What is Aubrey's first name?
13. What does Aubrey do at the first stop the Worcester makes?
(a) Drops off the first Parson.
(b) Fills up the cargo-hold.
(c) Gets a full crew.
(d) Gets the mission papers.
14. Why does Aubrey like Latham's ship so much?
(a) He likes Latham.
(b) It means relief for his ship.
(c) It used to be his ship.
(d) He knows it will have brought mail.
15. What does Mowett scold Maturin for on the ship?
(a) Not having his official papers.
(b) Not having luggage.
(c) Making the Captain mad.
(d) Being late.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rowan come aboard the ship?
2. What happens to make Maturin deathly ill after he is hit in the head?
3. Where is the Worcester heading after leaving England?
4. What causes the flock of birds to fly over the blockade?
5. What kind of birds flocks over the blockade?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)