|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mowett scold Maturin for on the ship?
(a) Not having his official papers.
(b) Being late.
(c) Making the Captain mad.
(d) Not having luggage.
2. What does Aubrey do at the first stop the Worcester makes?
(a) Fills up the cargo-hold.
(b) Gets the mission papers.
(c) Drops off the first Parson.
(d) Gets a full crew.
3. Why does Aubrey spend a small fortune of his own money on something for the ship?
(a) So they look the part.
(b) So the crew can practice shooting.
(c) So he can rest easy.
(d) So he can sail according to Navy restrictions.
4. How does Aubrey feel when Maturin is called away?
5. What does Aubrey call his biggest burden as a captain?
(a) His seasickness.
(b) A storm.
(c) All the paperwork.
(d) The crew.
6. Why does Maturin take pity on Yeats?
(a) He is still angry with Aubrey.
(b) He seems friendly.
(c) He has seen this man before.
(d) He has no nautical skill.
7. Where is Maturin called away to?
8. What happens to make Maturin deathly ill after he is hit in the head?
(a) An infection.
(b) Spells of dizzyness.
(c) Loss of blood.
(d) Bad stitches.
9. Who gets mad about the treatment of the birds that land on the ship?
10. What is Aubrey's main personal problem?
(a) His wife is sick.
(b) He has a terminal disease.
(c) He is deep in debt.
(d) He is losing his memory.
11. What does Maturin say his wife does brilliantly?
(a) Read his writing out loud.
(b) Dress herself.
(c) Have patience with him.
(d) Throw dinner parties.
12. What is Pullings' title in the Navy?
(d) Senior Lieutenant.
13. What is Babbington's ship called?
14. What happens when the crew fires on the first practice session?
(a) The sparks are in colors.
(b) The balls don't go far.
(c) They almost sink the ship.
(d) They aim at birds.
15. What does Aubrey do before setting sail across the sea?
(a) Inspects every room.
(b) Takes a long sleep.
(c) Interviews the crew.
(d) Inventories all the provisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Graham is bereft of?
2. Where is the Worcester heading after leaving England?
3. Why do the officers on the Worcester dislike Maturin?
4. What diminishes Martin's love for the Navy?
5. What does Aubrey spend a small fortune on for the ship?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)