|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aubrey do before setting sail across the sea?
(a) Takes a long sleep.
(b) Inspects every room.
(c) Inventories all the provisions.
(d) Interviews the crew.
2. What does the narrator say Graham is bereft of?
3. What have the birds eaten that might be dangerous to the crew?
(a) Dyed pellets.
(b) Poisonous insects.
(c) Poisonous seeds.
(d) Lead pellets.
4. What does Aubrey say the Navy does not stock their ships well with?
(c) Spare wood.
(d) Practice powder.
5. Where is the Jemmapes from?
6. Where will Aubrey go if he refuses the post on the Worcester?
(a) A tropical trip.
(b) The hospital.
(c) A care center.
(d) Debtor's prison.
7. What is the name of Dundas's ship?
8. What forces the Worcester to leave the blockade?
(a) A storm.
(b) A battle.
(c) A court ruling.
(d) A funeral.
9. What is Graham's job on the ship?
(a) Political advisor.
(b) War strategist.
10. What does Aubrey dislike about his father?
(a) His political impropriety.
(b) His debt.
(c) All of these.
(d) His treatment of his new wife.
11. What is Aubrey's title in the Navy?
12. Why does Aubrey delay setting sail on the Worcester?
(a) He needs a favorable wind.
(b) He is waiting for Maturin.
(c) He needs the all clear signal.
(d) He is waiting for his paper.
13. What does Mowett scold Maturin for on the ship?
(a) Not having his official papers.
(b) Not having luggage.
(c) Being late.
(d) Making the Captain mad.
14. How many guns are on the Jemmapes?
15. Why does Aubrey not want to sail on the Worcester?
(a) He has been on it before.
(b) He wants to stay home.
(c) He knows it will get into danger.
(d) He thinks it is beneath him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the officers on the Worcester dislike Maturin?
2. What causes a crew member to be so disobedient to the order about the birds?
3. How does Aubrey feel about Dundas?
4. What do Aubrey and Dundas talk about when they hold a ship visit?
5. What does Maturin's wife like to do?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)