|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of patient is Maturin?
(a) Impatient and angry.
(b) Patient and kind.
(c) Scared and nervous.
(d) Loud and painful.
2. What do Aubrey and Dundas talk about when they hold a ship visit?
(a) How the blockade is working.
(b) All of these.
(c) Thornton's health.
3. Why does Aubrey not want to sail on the Worcester?
(a) He thinks it is beneath him.
(b) He wants to stay home.
(c) He knows it will get into danger.
(d) He has been on it before.
4. What is Mowett's title in the Navy?
(b) Second Lieutenant.
5. How does Aubrey feel about Dundas?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He distrusts him.
(c) He doesn't have strong feelings either way?
(d) He likes him.
6. What causes a crew member to be so disobedient to the order about the birds?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is insane.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) He is drunk.
7. Where does the Worcester make her first stop?
(a) New Hampshire.
8. How do the crew feel during the blockade duty?
9. Why does Aubrey delay setting sail on the Worcester?
(a) He needs a favorable wind.
(b) He needs the all clear signal.
(c) He is waiting for Maturin.
(d) He is waiting for his paper.
10. What does Yeats say will ruin him?
(a) Salt water.
(b) Tobacco spit.
11. What is the name of Maturin's wife?
12. What region is Thornton most worried about with the blockade?
(a) The Baltic region.
(b) The Mediterranean region.
(c) The French region.
(d) The Ionian region.
13. Why do the crew not want to deliver people to destinations?
(a) They have less food to eat.
(b) Parsons bring bad luck.
(c) Their ship is already too crowded.
(d) Admirals will be watching their every move.
14. What is Pullings' title in the Navy?
(d) Senior Lieutenant.
15. Who orders the crew to leave the birds alone?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the crew dislike most about the Worcester?
2. What does Maturin say his wife does brilliantly?
3. What does Aubrey say the Navy does not stock their ships well with?
4. What is Latham's ship called?
5. What does Maturin's wife like to do?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)