|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do birds land on the ship?
(a) They see water.
(b) They need food.
(c) They need a rest.
(d) They think the mast is a tree.
2. What is Graham's job on the ship?
(c) Political advisor.
(d) War strategist.
3. What does Aubrey spend a small fortune on for the ship?
(b) Water barrels.
(c) New guns.
(d) New uniforms.
4. Why does Maturin take pity on Yeats?
(a) He is still angry with Aubrey.
(b) He has no nautical skill.
(c) He has seen this man before.
(d) He seems friendly.
5. Why does Aubrey spend a small fortune of his own money on something for the ship?
(a) So they look the part.
(b) So the crew can practice shooting.
(c) So he can sail according to Navy restrictions.
(d) So he can rest easy.
6. Who gets mad about the treatment of the birds that land on the ship?
7. What is Maturin's first name?
8. Why do the officers on the Worcester dislike Maturin?
(a) He is favored by the captain.
(b) He is richer than they.
(c) He is late to board.
(d) He is quiet and morose.
9. What is Aubrey's main personal problem?
(a) He has a terminal disease.
(b) He is losing his memory.
(c) He is deep in debt.
(d) His wife is sick.
10. What is the nick-name of the Worcester?
(a) The Trap.
(b) The Avenger.
(c) One of the Forty Thieves.
(d) The Bait and Thief.
11. Where is Graham from?
12. How do the crew feel during the blockade duty?
13. How many guns are on the Jemmapes?
14. How does Aubrey feel when Maturin is called away?
15. How does Aubrey describe his mission on the Worcester as part of his career?
(a) A parenthesis.
(b) A lesson in patience.
(c) A suicide mission.
(d) A punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mowett's title in the Navy?
2. What does Thornton talk to Maturin about during their visit together?
3. What does Aubrey do before setting sail across the sea?
4. What do Aubrey and Dundas talk about when they hold a ship visit?
5. What has earned the Worcester its nick-name?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)