|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aubrey not want to sail on the Worcester?
(a) He thinks it is beneath him.
(b) He has been on it before.
(c) He knows it will get into danger.
(d) He wants to stay home.
2. Where will Aubrey go if he refuses the post on the Worcester?
(a) Debtor's prison.
(b) The hospital.
(c) A care center.
(d) A tropical trip.
3. What do the crew dislike most about the Worcester?
(a) She is slow.
(b) She is old.
(c) She is leaky.
(d) She is moldy.
4. What does the crew of the Jemmapes fear when Aubrey fires on them?
(a) They are breaking a treaty.
(b) A dead man is the captain.
(c) They have a new secret weapon.
(d) They are being attacked by pirates.
5. What does the narrator say Graham is bereft of?
6. What does Aubrey do before setting sail across the sea?
(a) Takes a long sleep.
(b) Inspects every room.
(c) Inventories all the provisions.
(d) Interviews the crew.
7. How does Maturin protect Yeats?
(a) He assigns him as his assistant.
(b) He declares him medically unfit.
(c) He gives him the early shift.
(d) He puts him in the brig.
8. What is Aubrey's first name?
9. What does Yeats say will ruin him?
(b) Tobacco spit.
(c) Salt water.
10. Where does the Worcester make her first stop?
(c) New Hampshire.
11. Why does Aubrey delay setting sail on the Worcester?
(a) He is waiting for Maturin.
(b) He needs the all clear signal.
(c) He is waiting for his paper.
(d) He needs a favorable wind.
12. What does Thornton talk to Maturin about during their visit together?
(a) How the blockade is working.
(b) All of these.
(c) Aubrey's health.
13. What diminishes Martin's love for the Navy?
(a) Getting shot at.
(b) Witnessing floggings.
(c) Going thirsty at sea.
(d) Seeing a man die.
14. What about Graham is said to be nearly perfect?
(a) His linguistic skills.
(b) His memory.
(c) His strategy.
(d) His judgement.
15. What is Babbington's ship called?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the flock of birds to fly over the blockade?
2. Where is Graham specifically educated about?
3. What hits Maturin on the head?
4. Why do birds land on the ship?
5. What is Babbington's title in the Navy?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)