|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aubrey describe his mission on the Worcester as part of his career?
(a) A lesson in patience.
(b) A suicide mission.
(c) A parenthesis.
(d) A punishment.
2. What allows the French to break through the blockade?
(a) A night-time maneuver.
(b) A big storm.
(c) A break in the blockade.
(d) A neutral ally helping them.
3. What hits Maturin on the head?
(a) A brick.
(b) A cannon.
(c) A block of wood.
(d) A water barrel.
4. What about Graham is said to be nearly perfect?
(a) His strategy.
(b) His judgement.
(c) His memory.
(d) His linguistic skills.
5. What does Thornton talk to Maturin about during their visit together?
(a) Aubrey's health.
(b) How the blockade is working.
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the French ship head after breaking through the blockade?
2. How does Aubrey know Mercedes?
3. What kind of birds flocks over the blockade?
4. What do the newcomers on the boat say about Aubrey when he leaves the harbor with the French consort?
5. What is different on every ship?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)