|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Worcester crew made up of?
(b) All of these.
(d) Luckless sailors.
2. What does Aubrey call his biggest burden as a captain?
(a) All the paperwork.
(b) His seasickness.
(c) The crew.
(d) A storm.
3. What is important for Aubrey to know about the potentates he will be meeting with?
(a) They are not intelligent.
(b) They are destitute.
(c) They are leaning towards the French alliance.
(d) They hate each other.
4. Why does Aubrey spend a small fortune of his own money on something for the ship?
(a) So they look the part.
(b) So the crew can practice shooting.
(c) So he can sail according to Navy restrictions.
(d) So he can rest easy.
5. What kind of patient is Maturin?
(a) Scared and nervous.
(b) Loud and painful.
(c) Patient and kind.
(d) Impatient and angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thornton feel about ship visiting?
2. What does Aubrey do before setting sail across the sea?
3. Why does Aubrey make a certain restriction when entering the harbor where the French are anchored?
4. Who is Aubrey commanded to deliver on his new ship?
5. What is the Worcester declared when it gets to the meeting point after the conflict at the blockade?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)