|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mowett scold Maturin for on the ship?
(a) Not having his official papers.
(b) Making the Captain mad.
(c) Being late.
(d) Not having luggage.
2. Why is Thornton angry with Aubrey when he returns to the blockade?
(a) He did not engage the French.
(b) He violated neutrality rules.
(c) He tried to rile up the French.
(d) He was late returning.
3. How does the narrator describe Maturin?
(c) All of these.
4. What does Aubrey dislike about his father?
(a) His political impropriety.
(b) His treatment of his new wife.
(c) His debt.
(d) All of these.
5. What causes the flock of birds to fly over the blockade?
(a) An insect hoarde.
(b) Strong winds.
(c) Strange currents.
(d) A cold front.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Graham is said to be nearly perfect?
2. Where is Thornton waiting for Aubrey when he returns to the blockade?
3. What have the birds eaten that might be dangerous to the crew?
4. What is important for Aubrey to know about the potentates he will be meeting with?
5. What has earned the Worcester its nick-name?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)