|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aubrey spend a small fortune of his own money on something for the ship?
(a) So he can sail according to Navy restrictions.
(b) So he can rest easy.
(c) So the crew can practice shooting.
(d) So they look the part.
2. What does Maturin's wife like to do?
(a) Throw parties.
(c) Go to the theater.
(d) Listen to him read.
3. What has earned the Worcester its nick-name?
(a) It has many guns on it.
(b) Many corners were cut in the building of it.
(c) It was used by pirates for some time.
(d) Many people recognize it readily.
4. Why is Aubrey so worried about Thornton's health?
(a) He has always been very energetic.
(b) He seems to have improved overnight.
(c) It seems as though he is hiding something.
(d) He saw all the medicines he is taking.
5. What does Yeats say will ruin him?
(b) Salt water.
(c) Tobacco spit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maturin's first name?
2. Who is England at conflict with in this book?
3. Why does someone get mad about how the crew treats the birds that land on the ship?
4. What keeps Maturin away from home for long periods of time?
5. What causes the fear of the Jemmapes after they are fired on?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)