|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What composer do Aubrey and Maturin discuss?
2. What have the birds eaten that might be dangerous to the crew?
(a) Poisonous seeds.
(b) Dyed pellets.
(c) Poisonous insects.
(d) Lead pellets.
3. Why does Aubrey like Latham's ship so much?
(a) He knows it will have brought mail.
(b) It means relief for his ship.
(c) He likes Latham.
(d) It used to be his ship.
4. How do the crew feel during the blockade duty?
5. How is Maturin embarrassed when he first boards the Worcester?
(a) He bangs up his legs.
(b) He is mocked by the crew.
(c) He drops his luggage.
(d) He gets dipped in the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey call his biggest burden as a captain?
2. Where is Maturin called away to?
3. How does the narrator describe Maturin?
4. What does Maturin do for the Navy?
5. What is the name of Maturin's wife?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)