|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maturin say his wife does brilliantly?
(a) Throw dinner parties.
(b) Read his writing out loud.
(c) Dress herself.
(d) Have patience with him.
2. Why do the crew not want to deliver people to destinations?
(a) Parsons bring bad luck.
(b) They have less food to eat.
(c) Admirals will be watching their every move.
(d) Their ship is already too crowded.
3. Where will Aubrey go if he refuses the post on the Worcester?
(a) A tropical trip.
(b) Debtor's prison.
(c) A care center.
(d) The hospital.
4. What keeps Maturin away from home for long periods of time?
(a) His job with the Navy.
(b) His publishing tours.
(c) His scientific studies.
(d) His bouts of sickness.
5. What do the crew dislike most about the Worcester?
(a) She is moldy.
(b) She is leaky.
(c) She is slow.
(d) She is old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aubrey delay setting sail on the Worcester?
2. What is Maturin's first name?
3. What is Pullings' title in the Navy?
4. What is Mowett's title in the Navy?
5. Why does Aubrey not want to sail on the Worcester?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)